or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 3rd Presidential Debate

3rd Presidential Debate

post #1 of 122
Expect sore eardrums tonight as Furious George tries to scream his way back into contention.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #2 of 122
Watch for the wire patdown during the opening handshake.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #3 of 122
Bush's winking is creepy!
post #4 of 122
So bush already lied within minutes of the debate starting when he denied the osama comment and called it an 'exaggeration.'

Here's the quote bush lied about:
Quote:
You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you._... I don't know where he is.__I__--__I'll repeat what I said.__I truly am not that concerned about him.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0020313-8.html
post #5 of 122
Kerry: 5 million Americans have lost their health insurance.

Bush smiles.

post #6 of 122
Every question gets a follow up so far.
post #7 of 122
What's with the white stuff in the corner of his mouth. It's driving me crazy.
post #8 of 122
"To have the president lecture me about fiscal responsability is like Tony Soprano lecturing about law & order."
post #9 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
What's with the white stuff in the corner of his mouth. It's driving me crazy.

It's driving us nuts, too!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #10 of 122
Is bush high? He just keeps giggling. It's seriously making me lol.
post #11 of 122
Maybe I wasn't listening, but I think that it's possible that both of these candidates have a plan of some sort.
post #12 of 122
Bush is cracking me up. After the end of every answer he just stares with this goofy grin on his face.
post #13 of 122
The President is very sharp this evening.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #14 of 122
Neither are warmed up yet, Kerry got a little traction on the outsourcing thing. Not much going on.

--oops....Kerry just quoted James and then went into a solid nonsequitur.

I'm not sure either are going to take any chances.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #15 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Neither are warmed up yet, Kerry got a little traction on the outsourcing thing. Not much going on.

--oops....Kerry just quoted James and then went into a solid nonsequitur.

I'm not sure either are going to take any chances.

I think Kerry was trying to bait the pres into a discussion of faith/deeds.
post #16 of 122
"Gosh I hope it's not the administration."
post #17 of 122
kerry slammed him. haha. "Bush talking about financial responsibility is like Tony Soprano talking about law and order in this country."

And there's the laugh. And smirk. Bush is going down the tubes. He lost.

Oh and did you know John Kerry is out of the mainstream? I didn't. Thanks Bush! They must've gotten that from www.factcheck.com

Oh and the buggy and horse days. He can't talk.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #18 of 122
EXCELLENT point on healthcare by Bush, the market [users] need[s] to get WAY more involved in the use of healthcare.

Buggy--and--horse days?!! BAD Bush! BAD Bush!

post #19 of 122
Don't you understand that Kerry is all hot air and false promises?
post #20 of 122
Anyone who thinks medicare is a sugar daddy to ANY PARTY needs to sit down talk with someone who bills them.

post #21 of 122
where is Kerry's crack pipe? I just heard him say he's going to throw MORE MONEY at the same healthcare system and lower costs.

WHAT A FRELLING MORON!! He's treating his audiance like IDIOTS!

post #22 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
Don't you understand that Kerry is all hot air and false promises?

so is bush
post #23 of 122
bush " our health care is the envy of the world"

ROFL....hahahaha what a moron

i was up in canada with my wife 2 years ago & i had a really
bad asthmatic attack...
i was rushed to the e.r where i had very competent docs
& charged $20 canadian
on top of that the doc gave me inhalers that normally cost u.s 60$
for free & said he hoped i would stay a while enjoy the country
post #24 of 122
Bush is far more articulate tonight. They seem to have finally gotten his demeanor right here at the end (first debate, bad answers and bad posture; second, good answers but ALL THE YELLING).

But what the hell is that drop of spit in the corner of his mouth?!?!
post #25 of 122
nice point from cnn's paul begala on his blog:

Quote:
Schieffer just asked Kerry about Catholic bishops who say Kerry's an unacceptable candidate because of his positions on abortion and stem cell research.

Will he ask Bush about the Pope's condemnation of President Bush's support for the death penalty and his war in Iraq? Why is it that only one side is being asked about the aspect of the issue where he's out of step with the Church?
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #26 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by madmax559
so is bush

common boy was too young to remember 2000 and compassionate conservative, no nation building false promises
post #27 of 122
Quote:
bush " our health care is the envy of the world"

ROFL....hahahaha what a moron

i was up in canada with my wife 2 years ago & i had a really
bad asthmatic attack...
i was rushed to the e.r where i had very competent docs
& charged $20 canadian
on top of that the doc gave me inhalers that normally cost u.s 60$
for free & said he hoped i would stay a while enjoy the country

sigh. i miss canadian health care. i don't miss the 9-month winters i had to go through to earn it, though.

post #28 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by rok
sigh. i miss canadian health care. i don't miss the 9-month winters i had to go through to earn it, though.

i was really surprised beacuse im not a canadian, my wife is
& this was a really bad emergency where my breathing stopped
heck u cant even get into the e.r here in the u.s on such short notice
post #29 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by rok
nice point from cnn's paul begala on his blog:
Schieffer just asked Kerry about Catholic bishops who say Kerry's an unacceptable candidate because of his positions on abortion and stem cell research.

Will he ask Bush about the Pope's condemnation of President Bush's support for the death penalty and his war in Iraq? Why is it that only one side is being asked about the aspect of the issue where he's out of step with the Church?

Because Bush doesn't go to church.
post #30 of 122
Kerry: "later on after we find out SS is in trouble"? What?!!

Bush totally dropped the ball after Kerry's TOTAL doubletalk on SS.

post #31 of 122
Bush talks about fiscal sanity? WTF? Kerry needs to nail him on that.
post #32 of 122
Hey, I just joined the debate ... who's doing better so far? Bush looks rather chipper, doesn't he? women apparantly didn't care for his aggressive stance in the last debate.
post #33 of 122
he .. he .. he ...just doesnt understand

why are bush's attacks getting more & more personal ?
post #34 of 122
Quote:
he .. he .. he ...just doesnt understand

why are bush's attacks getting more & more personal ?

One word. I'll give you a clue: It begins with "d" and ends with "esperation."
post #35 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
One word. I'll give you a clue: It begins with "d" and ends with "esperation."

What the fuck are you talking about?

That wasn't a clue - you gave the f*cking word away!
post #36 of 122
Kerry is FOR rasing the minimum wage but AGAINST outsourcing?

What an Idiot -- who is he adressing, a 4th grade social studies class?

post #37 of 122
open question for common man

-what is your educational/economic background

-have you lived or travelled outside the united states

-are you self employed ?
post #38 of 122
"The No Child Left Behind Act is really a jobs program, if you think about it."
post #39 of 122
MAN. Kerry keeps looking RIGHT INTO the camera. That works.
post #40 of 122
Now Kerry is chiding Bush for Not fully funding NCLB to the tune of $2 trillion -- but ALSO wants to rip him on the budget deficit?

CLASSIC

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 3rd Presidential Debate