or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 3rd Presidential Debate

3rd Presidential Debate - Page 3

post #81 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
Don't you understand that Kerry is all hot air and false promises?

Don't you understand nobody falls for that down home crap that liar Bush offers?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #82 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Don't you understand nobody falls for that down home crap that liar Bush offers?

Don't you understand the Common Man is not common?

He's speethal

post #83 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by jwri004
CNN agrees

So do Fox News readers.

As of 9:00 PM PT.
post #84 of 122
There's also this.

Not a single question on stem cell research or the environment, both things Kerry would have an edge on. Why did the moderator overlook these two important domestic topics?
post #85 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by bborofka
There's also this.

Not a single question on stem cell research or the environment, both things Kerry would have an edge on. Why did the moderator overlook these two important domestic topics?

Because the media has a liberal bias.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #86 of 122
Quote:
ALL of your understandings of economic policy are the butt of many, many jokes (and nightmares) of economists and policymakers alike. Envy, ignorance, and hatred don't make you people geniuses -- it only serves to make you the prey of smooth-talking politicians.

I'd really love for you to elaborate on this so I can understand what presumptions you are making about their understanding of economic policy. As it stands now you're just coming off as a pompous ass whose only argument is I'm right because I said so.
post #87 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
Because the media has a liberal bias.

Dang, they're at it again. Looks like Kerry was the clear winner in debate no. 3.

Quote:
The poll represents the views of those who watched the face-off only, not all Americans. Also, opinions of the debate may change within the coming days. The respondents were 36 percent Republicans, 36 percent Democrats and 28 percent independents -- the highest percentage of Democrats of any of the post-debate polls.

Funny how it takes an equal percent of Democrats as Republicans to have the highest percentage of Democrats in any post-debate poll.
post #88 of 122
Begala Blog LOL!!!

Quote:
Bush just said Kerry's health plan would cost $5 trillion. Right. Why not just say, "Ten hundred gajillion, zillion dollars"?

Nails it.
post #89 of 122
Klein Blog:

Quote:
Bush just said "Buggy and horse days." Isn't it usually, "Horse and buggy"?

Haven't we learned by now, Bush always puts the cart before the horse.
post #90 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Take you're rant to your prof, ask him if makes any sense.

Your doing an excellent job of demonstrating you're command of the English language..
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #91 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Haven't we learned by now, Bush always puts the cart before the horse.

Post Of The Week!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #92 of 122
Bush got owned...again. Guys, I am very surprised none of you have commented on Bush's THIRD different personality. Didn't you guys notice the drawl mysteriously disappeared tonight??

Tonight it was giggly, shit eating grin, no drawl Bush. Pretty obvious and pathetic.
post #93 of 122
Girly Bush. Did he think the Wonderboy charm worked for Edwards against Cheney?

Superman is to Wonderboy as
Kerry is to Edwards as
Cheney is to Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #94 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
Well I have to say, Kerry strongly won the first one. Edwards won the second one, by a notable margin. This one...Bush looked ok. But all that was coming out of his mouth were lies. And he still looked a little bit nervous and giggly. Maybe those little bits of spit were...earpieces? Nah just kiddin! I guess they installed the earpieces more covertly this time.

Fellows that's a good observation.

You're on crack. Kerry may have won the first. I'll give you that. Cheney won the VP debate, and if you can't see it, I feel sorry for you.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #95 of 122
"my guy won"
"no, my guy won"
wah wah wah...
"you can't read"
"you hate this country"
wah wah wah...
stop whining... all of you...

the debates are over and in the scheme of things they aren't going to matter much, at least from now on. The only things from these debates that matter are sound bytes, and I think Bush (and Cheney) had the lion's share of the "lies" that will be touted in campaign commercials...

look for the candidates to rally and energize their bases...
as for the undecideds... if they still are at this point, the only thing that will swing them is a "november surprise" which Rove probably has in the bag...
Look for Zarqawi to be killed in a raid in Iraq (because he has been in US custody for almost a year now)...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #96 of 122
You're on crack.
post #97 of 122
"When the Senator talks about Pay-Go, what he means is, you'll pay and he'll go ahead and spend."

CLASSIC
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #98 of 122
I think this one was a draw and it will change nothing. The President will win this election and it will not be close. What the Communist News Network says about the debate means nothing at this point.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #99 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
I'll give you that. Cheney won the VP debate, and if you can't see it, I feel sorry for you.

I guess that Bush is still going down in the polls for other reasons then?
post #100 of 122
Quote:
You're on crack. Kerry may have won the first. I'll give you that. Cheney won the VP debate, and if you can't see it, I feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by the cool gut

I hate Bush, and I am not to fond of SDW either, but I have to agree with him. The VP debate was very close, but I'd give it to Cheney. I was disappointed with Edwards.

Talk about flip flopping or changing to please the public. Bush showed three different personalities in every debate. It seemed like he was trying to compensate for each previous appearance. Either way I think he lost all three. But he did get better with each one, doesn't matter though as he lost.

Should be an interesting race.
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #101 of 122
Quote:

Cheney was lying through his ass the whole debate... that doesn't make for a win in my opinion.
post #102 of 122
May it also be noted that, despite popular thinking, the debate took the MLB playoffs in ratings:

DEBATE: 36 SHARE

BASEBALL: 16 SHARE

FOX BASEBALL SPLIT COVERAGE 11.0/16...
DEBATE #3: NBC 9.9/14... ABC 9.8/13... CBS 6.3/9...
TOTAL DEBATE BIG-3 26.0 RATING/36 SHARE...
[FIRST DEBATE 29.1 RATING/40 SHARE]
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #103 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by the cool gut

no, you see, polls don't mean anything when they go against bush.

cnn's comment from karl rove after last night's debate:
Quote:
ROVE: Instant polls ... you and I both know that a one-night poll done in a short period of time is an unreliable barometer. I would remind you that in 1984, after the Mondale -- second Mondale-Reagan debate -- where Reagan clearly won, the instant polls showed that Mondale was the winner.

nice to see he has at least one example in the last two decades.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #104 of 122
The reason he lost all three debates is because he's a loser. He didn't win the last election and he won't win this one. Bea Arthur looks more presidential than Bush. He's not fit for president. It wasn't even his idea to get into politics. Karl Rove picked him and made him a politician back when he owned the Texas Rangers.

People say they like him because they think he seems like an average guy. That's because that's all he is.
post #105 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Akumulator
The reason he lost all three debates is because he's a loser. He didn't win the last election and he won't win this one. Bea Arthur looks more presidential than Bush. He's not fit for president. It wasn't even his idea to get into politics. Karl Rove picked him and made him a politician back when he owned the Texas Rangers.

People say they like him because they think he seems like an average guy. That's because that's all he is.

Now there's a match-up.
post #106 of 122
Ohhhh MAMA! What a woman.

I'd be her intern.
post #107 of 122
ast3r3x et al what is up with you guys!? Edwards clearly blew Cheney out of the water? I can't even mention specifics, I mean the whole thing, he was just blown away like the guy in the G5 commercial. Remember his response after Edwards said "I admire Cheney and I am sure he loves his gay daughter" etc. Ummm Cheney can't even say the WORD gay. Did you notice that?

He shut the hell up. Then Edwards dropped the H-bomb.

SDW I knew I'd get you mad. Poor baby. Want a pacifier?

Quote:
I make your textbooks. (Sorry)

Take you're rant to your prof, ask him if makes any sense.

OK kid. You misspelled "your." That's one word out of two very short sentences. Time to go back to 4th grade and learn about "you're" and "Your." What college are you going to again?

I want a President who doesn't drool on himself. That is all.

Oh yeah, and an environmental question would have been nice. That kind of sucked ASS. I consider that more important than everything else put together, because really, if we screw our environment, does anything else matter? We won't be here!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #108 of 122
Those who prefer another, relatively unbiased view on the candidates might want to check out this week's episode of PBS' Frontline: The Choice 2004

Two hours on the history of each candidate (including footage from Yale), up until today. Interviews with friends, analysis, and more.

The entire episode is online for overseas members to view, complete with extended interviews and the traditionally excellent Frontline web supplements. I watched the show air and was impressed by its balance.

Recommended viewing.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #109 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by DanMacMan
May it also be noted that, despite popular thinking, the debate took the MLB playoffs in ratings:

DEBATE: 36 SHARE

BASEBALL: 16 SHARE

FOX BASEBALL SPLIT COVERAGE 11.0/16...
DEBATE #3: NBC 9.9/14... ABC 9.8/13... CBS 6.3/9...
TOTAL DEBATE BIG-3 26.0 RATING/36 SHARE...
[FIRST DEBATE 29.1 RATING/40 SHARE]

who's popular thinking?

you'd have to be a dumbass to think that the ALCS on a single channel would draw more viewers than the final presidential debate 20 days before the election and that is on nearly every broadcast channel.
post #110 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
I think this one was a draw and it will change nothing. The President will win this election and it will not be close. What the Communist News Network says about the debate means nothing at this point.

Sure.

post #111 of 122
Well, the debate was 'boring' according to my wife so we didn't give it the rapt attention it deserved. I guess I missed a bit because after rewatching the debate today I decided to change me opinion on who won--Kerry. I thought is was a tie last night, but some comments made by Bush slipped past while wifey and I chatted...

Anywho, is it be or did Bush make a huge issue about the defecit gap? Man alive is Bush really that big of a douche bag? Well IMO yes and it seems the post debate polls mirror my feelings.

Hmmm Mr Bush way to go--you spotlighted Kerry's planned spending while ignoring you own. Here's a recent reuters feed for those intertested: http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=6506402

Didn't Bush realize the hypocricy required to make a statement like that? Well, gotta go. Dinner is on the table, wine is in the glass, and my significant other is angry at me for coming home late.

Enjoy the "news" and I'm sorry Common Man but Kerry's gonna wind and win big come election day.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #112 of 122
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #113 of 122
Brilliant !
Non e mai abbastanza !
Non e mai abbastanza !
post #114 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by applenut
who's popular thinking?

you'd have to be a dumbass to think that the ALCS on a single channel would draw more viewers than the final presidential debate 20 days before the election and that is on nearly every broadcast channel.

First of all Mister Nut...I'm a dumbass...well so are you. This very topic was mentioned on FNC and CNN, I watched them talk about it. Both series, the ALCS and the NLCS, had games on that night. The pundits were saying that the viewership would be down for the final debate because of baseball, and that the outcome of the debate would carry less weight than say that of the first or second debates.
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #115 of 122
Im sick of everyone talking about how under Clinton we had a budget surplus. U know how we got a budget surplus? By taking certain programs off the federal budget and declaring them off budget items. HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE AN OF BUDGET ITEM???!!! Clinton was an idiot and so are the stupid Democrats that support him. But lets get off the past and flash forward to what the Dems. have today. John Kerry is one of the saddist pres. candidates ive seen in a while. All he does it talk about his plans (whatever the hell they are..)and how its not fair that women still dont get payed as much as men. WHO THE F*** cares?! I certainly dont. Thats the way its been for ages and thats the way it will always be. Life isnt fair. Get over it. Talk to me about lowering taxes or something else important.
The Supreme Being
The Supreme Being
post #116 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by DanMacMan
First of all Mister Nut...I'm a dumbass...well so are you. This very topic was mentioned on FNC and CNN, I watched them talk about it. Both series, the ALCS and the NLCS, had games on that night. The pundits were saying that the viewership would be down for the final debate because of baseball, and that the outcome of the debate would carry less weight than say that of the first or second debates.

no. you may be a dumbass (i never said that but if you wish to be fine with me) but I'm certainly not.

Only one game was on broadcast television. The other was on Fox Sports Net. So the fact that there were two games on means next to nothing. Also, baseball interfered with the previous two and if you knew anything and those pundits as well they'd know that on the west coast the debate was shown following the games so you wouldn't have to choose.
post #117 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by Protostar
John Kerry is one of the saddist pres. candidates ive seen in a while. All he does it talk about his plans (whatever the hell they are..)and how its not fair that women still dont get payed as much as men. WHO THE F*** cares?! I certainly dont. Thats the way its been for ages and thats the way it will always be. Life isnt fair. Get over it. Talk to me about lowering taxes or something else important.

Um, women (50% of the voting population) care. 50 years it could have been:

Quote:
John Kerry is one of the saddist pres. candidates ive seen in a while. All he does it talk about his plans (whatever the hell they are..)and how its not fair that blacks still dont get payed as much as whites. WHO THE F*** cares?! I certainly dont. Thats the way its been for ages and thats the way it will always be. Life isnt fair. Get over it. Talk to me about lowering taxes or something else important.
post #118 of 122
Quote:
Clinton was an idiot and so are the stupid Democrats that support him. But lets get off the past and flash forward to what the Dems. have today. John Kerry is one of the saddist pres. candidates ive seen in a while. All he does it talk about his plans (whatever the hell they are..)

Ah, I see we have an intellectual on our hands. Very very thought provoking. \ Kerry's a saddist?

Quote:
and how its not fair that women still dont get payed as much as men. WHO THE F*** cares?! I certainly dont. Thats the way its been for ages and thats the way it will always be. Life isnt fair. Get over it.

So... are you a woman?
post #119 of 122
Quote:
Im sick of everyone talking about how under Clinton we had a budget surplus. U know how we got a budget surplus? By taking certain programs off the federal budget and declaring them off budget items. HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE AN OF BUDGET ITEM???!!! Clinton was an idiot and so are the stupid Democrats that support him. But lets get off the past and flash forward to what the Dems. have today. John Kerry is one of the saddist pres. candidates ive seen in a while. All he does it talk about his plans (whatever the hell they are..)and how its not fair that women still dont get payed as much as men. WHO THE F*** cares?! I certainly dont. Thats the way its been for ages and thats the way it will always be. Life isnt fair. Get over it. Talk to me about lowering taxes or something else important.

it's times like these i like to click on a little friend i call the "profile" button. it gives me all sorts of signposts, in between which i can fill in the rough outline of a new member such as yourself. let's see... 17 years of age, so absolutely nothing regarding the budget affects you yet, and since you are a lowly intern, you haven't even earned enough to move out of your parents' house. that makes jobs a low priority for you.

since you're not of any legal drinking age, i can rest assured you have not been laid in this lifetime, as you could not have gotten any girl drunk enough to listen to your "who cares about equal pay for women" diatribe and still have any hope of sex. sexuality may be an issue for you, but talking about it makes you uncomfortable as you're still not sure what to stick where. homosexuality may be an issue for you, but certainly not marriage... "talk to me about taxes..." listen, we're talking about GROWN UP taxes, not the sales tax you paid on your xbox. you'll realize all this when you finally get that phat job you've always wanted, and then see the actual take home pay and want to scream, and then have to pay the annual tithe to the enigmatic yet ubiquitous IRS...

and you're into pc hardware and linux/unix... wow, you must be one with the ladies. you know them, right? they're the ones in all that porn you collect online.

NEXT!

post #120 of 122
Quote:
Originally posted by applenut
Also, baseball interfered with the previous two and if you knew anything and those pundits as well they'd know that on the west coast the debate was shown following the games so you wouldn't have to choose.

The debates were all shown live on all the networks, at least on my bit of the West Coast. There was some confusion about that, because the networks' online schedules didn't always reflect it. But they were all live, regardless of baseball.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 3rd Presidential Debate