or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Ten-Year Decline of Bush's Brain

The Ten-Year Decline of Bush's Brain

post #1 of 13
I've heard people say that Bush is -- or at least was -- a skillful debater. When I heard Ann Richards praise Bush's debating skills before the first debate, I simply figured she was playing the lower-the-expectations game which has become part of the expected pre-debate ritual these days.

But it appears that she was being honest. After all, she did lose to Bush after her debates with him when running for reelection for governor of Texas. I've only seen Bush on the national scene, but this montage of video clips shows the amazing contrast between what Bush used to be capable of, when debating with Ann Richards in Texas ten years ago, and where he is today.

http://www.adbuzz.com/bushbuzz/BrainTenYrs*.mov

Does make you have to wonder what the heck is going on with Bush. Bumbling, peevish, and seemingly unprepared in the first debate. More controlled but angrier, with little facial twitches, in the second debate. Mellower and steadier in the last debate, but drooling a bit.

Does the Bush we see depend from debate to debate depend on the vagaries of someone trying to time Bush's medication and hope the balance comes out right for the span of time he has to be on camera?

Okay, okay... gratuitous speculation on my part. But when you watch this video and think about what we've seen in the debates, and further Bush avoiding his yearly physical this year, the way they try to keep Bush away from Q&A with the press and only expose him to friendly crowds, and even then only when following a well-worn script... you have to wonder at bit.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #2 of 13
Well, there was a thread on this very forum detailing a theory that Bush is suffering from early-onset senile dementia, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.
post #3 of 13
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #4 of 13
The latest is stroke. http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro....html#dementia

Droopy Bush

Defibrillated Bush?

Not necessarily about his health but the lip reading scandal is a must (don't miss the bonus Sad Bush stuff further down.

Does political intrigue get any better than this? And I thought the run up to the US election was going to be boring..........
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
intrigue

there is that word again...

Would be nice to see this from "down under"'s perspective... \

that lip reading thing is funny stuff, especially the last post (what he actually said, it makes MUCH more sense)
post #6 of 13
This is somewhat an interesting thread because, during the second debate especially, I really noticed Bush's lower jaw move side to side on several occassions. The only other time I've seen this is with people who are strung out on uppers. I don't remember him doing it at all in the second debate.
post #7 of 13
I don't care about GWB's health. The damage he has done to many others kill any sympathy for him. Here is a quote from the Salon article that reflects this point of view.
Quote:
I feel sorry for the tens of thousands who've suffered and died under his regime. Every time I start to feel like this is a game, a funny competition, I think of African women whose clinics were closed because Bush needed to appease his evangelical base. I think of them miscarrying in the brush and dying bleeding alone because Bush can't abide anyone speaking, SPEAKING! about abortion to the poorest, most vulnerable people on the planet. I think of the poor in our country, the dads who can't feed their kids, how they die inside every time they can't get a job. I think of moms trying desperately to find day care and people just giving up, can't do it anymore.

I think of dead Iraqis and Afghanis and Americans. I think of soldiers in the wrong place getting carbombed and Palestinians watching their kids blow themselves up.

Then I don't feel sorry for Bush, and I don't want anything but the truth, the truth about his lies and distortions and whatever the hell else you want to call them. Anyone who puts politcal gain over human lives is NOT GOOD, is not worthwhile, is not even a person as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry. Felt good to vent.

On the topic of poor women in Africa: During dicussion with my wife's gynaecologist, the doctor was telling me about how they use 'barbaric' methods in Africa to help with child delivery. Apparently, they cut off the pelvis bone joint if there are complications during delivery. This mutates the mother for life (she can't walk again) but it provides an opportunity for the baby to be delivered safely. They don't have enough doctors over there nor can they afford one. So what is a mother to do with her mutuated body and a baby she can't care for?

I don't know about you, but I would choose abortion over that anyday. Abortion might be an issue in Western society where the social situation is different, but you can't apply the same logic to some of the world's poorest nations.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #8 of 13
Decline of Bush's brain? I think you guys are exaggerating. I personally don't think Karl Rove has lost as step.
post #9 of 13
Bush has always been stupid. Read or listen to some his former professors talk about him.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
there is that word again...

Would be nice to see this from "down under"'s perspective... \

It's theatre. Both tragedy and comedy.

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(Macbeth)

All the world's a stage
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans every thing.
(As You Like It)

Old Bill knew a thing or two.

And he was a master of intrigue to boot!
post #11 of 13
There is something wrong with his face.

Halfway through this video he pauses.

There is something wrong with his face.
meh
meh
post #12 of 13
The pretzel story always seemed suspicious to me.

Is there a connection? Did he have a minor stroke?

Wouldn't it be in the administration's best interest to cover up anything that might make Bush's health look bad? Republican or Democrat I think a coverup would be standard fare.

Something's up with Bush.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #13 of 13
Anyone find a picture of Bush before the pretzel incident and compare them?

"Tubb told reporters Bush reported a pretzel "did not go down right" and the doctor said it was possible a pretzel had lodged against a nerve and momentarily caused a decrease in the president's heart rate, causing him to faint."

... yeh, that happens all the time; eat something, it gets lodged against a nerve, heart rate drops, you faint! Why, just last week ...
meh
meh
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Ten-Year Decline of Bush's Brain