or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jeb has already begun to steal the election._ Does anyone care?

Jeb has already begun to steal the election._ Does anyone care?

post #1 of 19
Report: Jeb Bush ignored felon list advice

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ignored advice to throw out a flawed felon voter list before it went out to county election offices despite warnings from state officials, according to a published report Saturday.

In a May 4 e-mail obtained by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Florida Department of Law Enforcement computer expert Jeff Long told his boss that a Department of State computer expert had told him that yesterday they recommended to the Gov that they pull the plug on the voter database.

The e-mail said state election officials werent comfortable with the felon matching program theyve got, but added, The Gov rejected their suggestion to pull the plug, so theyre going live with it this weekend.

Read more
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #2 of 19
This is a bad situation Northgate. I think even more worrysome is the vulnerability of the paperless voting machines. That's where the Bushites will turn to "influence" the election results if things aren't going their way.

Jeb will do whatever it takes...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
post #3 of 19
I really really don't want to believe this to be true of my own country. I was raised to believe that we as a nation were a righteous people. That we are a nation of laws where our representatives are elected through simple, honest means.

I started to follow politics very closely starting around Clinton's political assassination by the right. Ever since then and the 2000 election I've been following politics very closely. Now I simply wish I'd taken the blue pill instead of the red one. Ignorance was bliss.

I've awoken in a world where something as important as a presidential election is anything but foolproof.

It's truly a sad sad state of affairs for our empire.
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate

Empire ?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Empire ?

You caught that eh? Sometimes my sarcasm gets ahead of me.
post #6 of 19
Quote:
I really really don't want to believe this to be true of my own country. I was raised to believe that we as a nation were a righteous people. That we are a nation of laws where our representatives are elected through simple, honest means.

I started to follow politics very closely starting around Clinton's political assassination by the right. Ever since then and the 2000 election I've been following politics very closely. Now I simply wish I'd taken the blue pill instead of the red one. Ignorance was bliss.

I've awoken in a world where something as important as a presidential election is anything but foolproof.

This is why a paper trail should be a must on all voting machines. keep everyone honest and we all know there is no such thing as a honest politician. Heck if we can go off to war when there was no WMDs, i can just imagine what could happen to a paperless machine.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
You caught that eh? Sometimes my sarcasm gets ahead of me.

heheheh. This is really true - the mental image I have always had of the Emperor Nero is very similar to the actual features of Bush.

It's kind of worrying.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
This is why a paper trail should be a must on all voting machines. keep everyone honest and we all know there is no such thing as a honest politician. Heck if we can go off to war when there was no WMDs, i can just imagine what could happen to a paperless machine.

With the Bush familie's massive connections, vast wealth, and Jeb Bush doing anything he can to hand his battleground state's electoral votes to his own brother...you have to wonder whether this is a presidential election or just a Bush monarchy.
post #9 of 19
Will Jeb Bush be held accountable? How can Floridians make Jeb pay for his blatant, deliberate abuse of the system?

how can any future challenger of Jeb Bush for governor believe that he/she is getting a fair count in their own state?

How can we as Americans believe that any vote count is legitimate when there's no paper trail?

Questions, questions, questions...
post #10 of 19
How can veterans whom have actually been in combat get behind Bush and Cheney and be inspired by their leadership...
post #11 of 19
Hopefully the media will do its job and make sure all of this is heavily and accurately covered.

hahahaahahahahahahaha
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
Hopefully the media will do its job and make sure all of this is heavily and accurately covered.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
post #13 of 19
Speaking of the media...here's a great cartoon outlining exactly what I think of the media...

post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally posted by hardhead
This is a bad situation Northgate. I think even more worrysome is the vulnerability of the paperless voting machines. That's where the Bushites will turn to "influence" the election results if things aren't going their way.

Jeb will do whatever it takes...

Well paperless voting machine are in democratic counties run by democrat election officials. So whose to blame for that? Not Jeb.
post #15 of 19
Scott, good point. I should have been more specific. U.S. machines are using a VERY vulnerable software for it's systems. In all honesty, I'm more concerned at the moment, with our election.

Even if you voted for Bush in 2000, one has to admit (or not...) that there were too many discrepencies in the voting process. Particularly Florida of course. Jeb is Florida's head boogy. The buck stops at his door. I believe he and his zombie (K. Harris) unlawfully bent the rules for his big bro and it will be done again.
post #16 of 19
Each county is responsible for running their own elections. Jeb can't dictate to them. If they fuck it up it's all their own fault. Your best effort to blame Bush has failed.
post #17 of 19
Way to pass the buck. The Dems who accepted paperless voting machines are dumb Dumb DUMB but Jeb is in charge.
post #18 of 19
wasn't there something like 4 billion dollars allocated to cleaning up crap like this? where the hell did that go? or is it still sitting in a pile somewhere?
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #19 of 19
Scott, open your eyes young man! The neocons you defend so ardently are leading this country down a very dark path...

If you are born into the privileged class that supports this administration, I can well understand why feel the way you do. However, if you're just a regular middle class citizen, albeit internet savvy like most of us, you have access to good information resources. How can you blindly and so loyally support the Bushites?

Believe me, I'm not hog wild happy with Kerry. I do believe he will be more reasonable and thoughtful than Bush.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jeb has already begun to steal the election._ Does anyone care?