or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Etched in Bush's memory... September 4th, 2001?

Etched in Bush's memory... September 4th, 2001?

post #1 of 12
From a speech he just gave in NJ:
Quote:
I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget.

To his credit, Bush only said it was a day he would never forget. Not a date he would never forget.

The correct date is September 14th, three days after the fall of the towers, after his mommy told him it was safe to poke his head up in public again. I guess reading teleprompters correctly and trying to sound genuine and home-spun all at the same time is hard work.

At least Bush got September 11th correct... the 13 other times he mentioned that date in this one speech.
Bush being exploitative of tragedy? Nah! Couldn't happen. He's too nice a guy, right?

Another choice tidbit:
Quote:
We will stand up for terror -- we will stand up for freedom. And on November the 2nd, my fellow Americans, I ask that you stand with me.

Standing up for you and terror? Now there's a winning team -- at least in Karl Rove's view of the world.

Click here for a full transcript of Bush's ugly, distorting, dishonest, fear-mongering speech.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by shetline
From a speech he just gave in NJ:

To his credit, Bush only said it was a day he would never forget. Not a date he would never forget.

The correct date is September 14th, three days after the fall of the towers, after his mommy told him it was safe to poke his head up in public again. I guess reading teleprompters correctly and trying to sound genuine and home-spun all at the same time is hard work.

At least Bush got September 11th correct... the 13 other times he mentioned that date in this one speech.
Bush being exploitative of tragedy? Nah! Couldn't happen. He's too nice a guy, right?

Another choice tidbit:

Standing up for you and terror? Now there's a winning team -- at least in Karl Rove's view of the world.

Click here for a full transcript of Bush's ugly, distorting, dishonest, fear-mongering speech.

Well, it speaks for itself!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #3 of 12
Maybe proper punctuation could be etched into your memory too?
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

I noticed that as soon as I finished posting... but it seems that posting requests for fixing thread titles doesn't help lately. The last couple of times I tried that, the requests weren't noticed. Perhaps too much nasty sniping going on to notice little things like that? \

I did PM the one moderator I saw online, but this wasn't his forum to deal with, so he couldn't do anything.

But in case any moderator cares to help out: Bushes -> Bush's please?
post #5 of 12
Wish granted
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Who cares ? It's not like he's the President or anything....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Who cares ? It's not like he's the President or anything....

Why question Bush's failing at all when there are stray periods and commas lying around which need immediate attention. Fuck failed war plans. To heck with abismal fiscal policies. Screw employment prospects for god's sake!!! We have grammar to critique not leadership.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #8 of 12
Why don´t you guys get serious for a moment. The president misspelled "14th" so what?

Do you really think he or Kerry let their stomp speeches pass their brains the 100th time they deliver them? Bush is tired and he makes spelling mistakes. Who wouldn´t at this phase in the campaign.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Why don´t you guys get serious for a moment. The president misspelled "14th" so what?

Do you really think he or Kerry let their stomp speeches pass their brains the 100th time they deliver them? Bush is tired and he makes spelling mistakes. Who wouldn´t at this phase in the campaign.

Mispoke maybe--mispelled no. Bush/Kerry pay top $$$ for good speech writers.

I wonder how Bush does when given a prepared speech, time to practice and a closed set to deliver to a select audience. Here, look at how inarticulate our president really is:

http://www.dailykos.com/images/admin...Thanks_ISG.mpg
post #10 of 12
Quote:

It's more significant than that.

If he was reading (and I assume he was) then what it effectively means is that he reads what he is told without subjecting it to critical analysis.

Things he reads bypass his analytical faculties. This implies that he is not 'in control' but has ceded 'control' to another party.

That is to say that he is a mouthpiece and accepts his position as such.

I don't care how tired you are. You don't read 4th when you know it was the 14th and not correct yourself. Especially about the events in question. Especially when you're President.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
Mispoke maybe--mispelled no.

Oh thank god I am not the president of USA or I would have been blasted out on the internets for my mistake.

Mr Kay. You have five minutes with the president. [Kay enters the Oval Office]
-Hey Kayboy there. Hows doing?
-Fine Mr. President.
-So how are things in Iraq?
-We are at full throttle over there. We have X men in the search right now. Now we haven´t found anything yet but we know we will find something very soon.
-Okay. Just tell me if you need anything.
-Well its hard work. Its hot as hell down there and we don´t have any hand held air conditioners [laughs] but we knew that. The men are really dedicated and work around the clock for this.
-Hell good. Okay. Hmm. Hey I have an idea. Let me make a video you can take with you to the boys to boots morals.
-But president. Are you sure...
-[Pressing the intercom] Sent in the camera boys.
-"I want to thanks you all to give me a chance to speak to you...[realise he has nothing to go by]
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Oh thank god I am not the president of USA or I would have been blasted out on the internets for my mistake.

Mr Kay. You have five minutes with the president. [Kay enters the Oval Office]
-Hey Kayboy there. Hows doing?
-Fine Mr. President.
-So how are things in Iraq?
-We are at full throttle over there. We have X men in the search right now. Now we haven´t found anything yet but we know we will find something very soon.
-Okay. Just tell me if you need anything.
-Well its hard work. Its hot as hell down there and we don´t have any hand held air conditioners [laughs] but we knew that. The men are really dedicated and work around the clock for this.
-Hell good. Okay. Hmm. Hey I have an idea. Let me make a video you can take with you to the boys to boots morals.
-But president. Are you sure...
-[Pressing the intercom] Sent in the camera boys.
-"I want to thanks you all to give me a chance to speak to you...[realise he has nothing to go by]

It's not for GI Jim and Jane though. The video is for the Iraqi Survey Group. If you think this admin does anything overly impulsive like tape messages of gratitude on the fly for groups of people then you and I have a difference of opinion. I've read too many articles about the obsesive compulsive tendency of this admin--Bush specifically--to plan down to the minute and to not deviate unless circumstances demand. A taped thank you seems like the sort of thing that one would not do one the fly IMO.

Now, none of this changes how inarticulate the shrub is though does it?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Etched in Bush's memory... September 4th, 2001?