or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear

Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear - Page 3

post #81 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
but clearly as the day is sunlit, this moron who posted this is a troll . . . .

A moron, I may be. A troll, I would never be. As an American living abroad, I was simply pointing out that the fact that america losing it's jobs comes from economics, not politics. I'm sure you'd gladly pay higher prices for the goods you consume to support the american workforce. I'm also sure your customers would gladly pay you higher prices to support you and your family. This is what unions are for right?

Well, the reality of it is that the marked demands lower prices and higher quality. The US produces mostly high quality goods, at a premium. The same quality can be achieved through lower labor costs elsewhere. So what does enterprise do? Take a wild guess.

I work with many US manucaturing companies here (some Koreans too). They have been a blessing to the local workforce. Providing an above market salary (usually around $150 a month!) to people who happily work 14 hour days, 7 days a week, with no benefits whatsoever, and who usually get screwed in the end when the plant closes and no one pays their crappy little salary. Well guess what? Some of these companies have moved to China. Try to guess why?

The global marketplace seems to be spiraling out of control. Where does it end? What is the solution? I have no idea. As long as there is someone who can produce goods at a lower labor cost abroad, the jobs will stay out of the US. The US labor unions are working hard for their workers. Or are they?

As for Mrs. Heinz-Kerry owning only 4% of stock, that still makes her owner of a part of that huge company. And, with her newly found "influence", she "could" do something about it. Though, as explained above, it is highly unlikely and it's really not her fault.

This is but one issue. A very complex one. It is very easy to get caught up in the campaign stupidity, back-stabbing and what not. But always remember, there is a bigger picture.
15" MacBook C2D 2.33Ghz, ATI 1600 258MB, 120GB HD 5400, 2GB RAM, SuperDrive

17" iMac G5

17" iMac G5
post #82 of 225
You mean I can't just open the window and shout "I'm damn sick of it etc etc"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #83 of 225
Quote:
You mean I can't just open the window and shout "I'm damn sick of it etc etc"

Well you can, but it won't help

17" iMac G5

17" iMac G5
post #84 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
I doubt you draw the line at torture, but it's good to be politically correct isn't it.

I pray to my God, that you get arrested because of the patriot act, thrown away, no trial, beaten, tortured, all because you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Forget the 20 point bold. Get it tattoed on your forehead

Yeah Mark, because that's happening all over the place here. Get a grip.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #85 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Yeah Mark, because that's happening all over the place here. Get a grip.

Actually it is.

He has a grip.

Certainly people are being beaten and tortured who are not terrorists. And undeniably they have been held without trial.

The purpose of a trial used to be to establish guilt. This has been dispensed with and guilt is now defined by the following criteria:

being detained by the WOT forces

or

being labelled a terrorist.

hence no trial is necessary once those criteria are established.

And that's before we even get onto whether it is right to beat and torture REAL offenders.

Jeez.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #86 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by shetline
I wouldn't wager $10000 even on odds as good as 2:1 or 3:1, and I certainly don't think a Kerry victory is that strong a possibility.

I have already wagered, in a sense, a few hundred dollars worth of campaign contributions and some of my time spent out on the ground canvassing for Kerry. (New Hampshire's 4 electoral votes, few as the are, would have won Gore the presidency in the last election. In this election, NH is leaning Kerry at the moment, which makes me feel more like I can personally make a difference.)

If I were hypothetically forced to wager that $10000? I'd honestly go with Kerry. I'm not saying that I don't fret and worry about Bush winning, and I'm certainly not comfortable with how close things are -- even if Kerry win's, I think it's a sad thing that Bush has so much support given the failure that is his presidency.

You say that typical historical indicators and predictors favor Bush, but overall, I don't see that as true. What has Bush got on his side? Incumbency, for one thing. Being a "wartime president" for another. But his incumbency comes with many liabilities, and given that a lot of people don't support the war in Iraq, and even for those who do, most people's daily lives go on with no particular "we're in a war" feeling in the air, I don't see "wartime president" as being so strong a predictor for Bush as it might otherwise be.

The vague "war on terror", with no clear enemies, with no way to clearly measure success, isn't quite the same as any other historical precedent of wartime. Somehow, quite undeservedly in my opinion, Bush has a majority of Americans believing that his handling of the WOT is a strength of his.

If there is some sort of terrorist strike between now and Nov. 2, I think Bush will win easily. But consider the bizarre irrationality of that reaction. I know deep down that, yes, that is how people would probably react, but why? The Bushies try to scare voters with the idea that if Kerry wins the terrorists will strike, yet for some reason if Bush fails to protect us in the very same way, voters will rush to the man who failed to protect them. Rove and Co. have clearly done a good job of creating an image of strength that has no basis whatsoever in rational thought.

Those are Bush's strengths. But history is against Bush in many ways. His approval rating is not at all strong for an incumbent seeking re-election. The performance of the stock market bodes ill for Bush, as do job creation figures and satisfaction (in this case dissatisfaction) with the economy. In a close race like this, undecided voters typically break toward the challenger at the last minute since their indecision often reflects a vague desire for change and displeasure with the status quo.

High voter turnout generally favors Democrats over Republicans, and indications are good that voter turnout is going to be up quite a bit this election. I believe that lingering anger over the 2000 election, coupled by Bush's very polarizing presidency, will energize Democrats much more than Republicans. I believe Bush has more effectively stirred up his opposition to fight against him than his base to support him. A number of strong conservatives have been coming out to either support Kerry, or simply to not support Bush, because they feel Bush has, among other things, been fiscally irresponsible and that his administration lacks transparency and accountability.

Add on top of this Pat Robertson's recent remark about Bush and Iraq, and, while I know Roberston doesn't at all represent all conservative Christians in the US, you have to wonder, no matter how reliable this block of votes is, if it's even as strong as in 2000.

You've rehashed some of what BRussell posted. Some of your points about Democratic turnout and approval ratings are well taken.

As far as betting on the outcome, you're basically saying you'd be making an against the odds, emotional bet. If we were strictly playing with numbers and not emotion, Bush would be favored.

Concerning what Bush has on his side, p[lease go back and read what I posted. Nevermind, I'll report it for you:

Quote:
To follow up and get back to topic:

A Kerry victory is still possible. It is, however, growing less likely by the day.
Let me explain:

1. Battleground States: The battle lines have now been drawn on Kerry's turf. In other words, several states that Gore won in 2000 are in danger of going to Bush this time around. These include WI, PA, IA, MN, NM, and possibly even NJ. By contrast, Bush is only really defending a few places. these include FL, NV, NH. Kerry is putting up good fight, but it's mostly on his turf. The fact that NJ is even close right now is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

2. Current polls are trending for Bush. Actually, nearly all of them are, with CNN/USA/Gallup putting Bush with an 8 point lead. Polls can be wrong, but that's not a bad place to be in for the President. Among RV's, Bush is still up by three.

3. Now here's where it get's bad for Kerry: Historical precedent. Incumbent Presidents with solid leads (say, 3-8 points) at this point in the cycle simply don't lose. In fact, there hasn't been one since WWII that has. The closest exception would be Carter, who led Reagan in late September/early October. However, Carter went into quick delcine in mid October, and Reagan surged. Right now, Bush is on the upswing, and Kerry is trending down. I'm not counting Ford because he was not elected to the Presidency or Vice Presidency at any point (do your best not to invoke election 2000 )

1996: Gallup Link
1984: Gallup Link
1972: Gallup Link
1964: Gallup Link
1956: Gallup Link

You'll also notice that this generally applies to Presidential candidates in general, not just incumbents.

Now, let's look at incumbent losses:

Ford 1976: Carter held a 33 point lead after his convention.

Carter 1980: Reagan held a 16 point lead in the summer.

Bush 1992: Bush was down 15 points in the summer and 11 points in October.

The conclusion is obvious: Incumbents that lose get clobbered in the polls at some point, even if not in the final few weeks. A look at this election shows that Kerry has never achieved that kind of lead. Kerry's biggest lead after his securing the nomination has been about 7 points. And, that lead quickly disappeared.

4. Convention Bounce Theory:

Originally posted by SDW2001:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No candidate who received a negligible post-convention bounce or was "out bounced" by a large margin has been able to win. The possible exception is Bush 43 himself, where Gore got twice the bounce. If we just look at challengers to an incumbent, the picture is worse for Kerry. No challenger has won without a large bounce. Period. History predicts that Kerry will not and cannot win. A challenger must experience a significant bounce to win .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(EDIT: Kerry is generally believed to have gotten only a 1-4 point bounce)

I have a .pdf of the supporting data for the above that I'll try to post later.

5. Bush's base is more energized than Kerry's.

6. The changes in electoral math favor Bush.
post #87 of 225
In the cold, ugly light of common sense, SDW is correct, hang it all.

I've been looking at the polls, the registration numbers, the people with mobile phones and no landline and the first-time voter numbers, wanting to conjure some Kerry-might-win voodoo (or rather Bush-might-lose voodoo) and, well, I think George Bush is going to get more votes than the guy with the big chin and the terrible policy on Israel but the ability to actually see how events in the real world might just be an influence on policy making. (John F. Kerry.)

BUSH 55
KERRY 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!iamadick!!!!

Well, no, much closer than 'Common' 'Man' might have us believe, but still. It reminds me of when Margaret Thatcher beat Neil Kinnock's Labour Party in 198whateveritwas. I was a very young man but I remember it well. We all knew our hospitals, railways and heavy industry wouldn't see the other side and we were damn right. The stakes were high. The polls were really close, people really thought that Labour might just edge it, but in the cold, ugly light of common sense it was clear that Thatch was going to win and we'd be fucked.

She did; we were.

I love you SDW. Let's never fight again.
post #88 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
In the cold, ugly light of common sense, SDW is correct, hang it all.

I've been looking at the polls, the registration numbers, the people with mobile phones and no landline and the first-time voter numbers, wanting to conjure some Kerry-might-win voodoo (or rather Bush-might-lose voodoo) and, well, I think George Bush is going to get more votes than the guy with the big chin and the terrible policy on Israel but the ability to actually see how events in the real world might just be an influence on policy making. (John F. Kerry.)

BUSH 55
KERRY 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!iamadick!!!!

Well, no, much closer than 'Common' 'Man' might have us believe, but still. It reminds me of when Margaret Thatcher beat Neil Kinnock's Labour Party in 198whateveritwas. I was a very young man but I remember it well. We all knew our hospitals, railways and heavy industry wouldn't see the other side and we were damn right. The stakes were high. The polls were really close, people really thought that Labour might just edge it, but in the cold, ugly light of common sense it was clear that Thatch was going to win and we'd be fucked.

She did; we were.

I love you SDW. Let's never fight again.

The issue is not about why Bush will win (although obviously he will) - the issue is about why there is no opposition.

Kerry just will not take Bush on. Imo this is because he shares the same views, albeit to a lesser extent.

Certainly he does on Israel, certainly on Iraq - you won't see a troop pullout under Kerry and he never says you will - and certainly on 'threats' like Iran and Syria.

So what you have is two candidates who inhabit broadly the same spectrum - one is lukewarm - Kerry, and one tells it like it is - Bush (that is like he sees it).

So if the choice is between two people who are coming from the same place more or less then people will go for the one who sincerely believes it (he may be sincerely wrong but that's another story) and you know what ? They should - that's what it's all about.

So in a way, SDW and the posse are right.

If there was some genuine opposition though then they would be wrong.

The choice is between tea and decaf tea,

You need to get some coffee on the menu.
post #89 of 225
Quote:
Well, maybe because the vast likelihood is he WILL. This is exactly what Clinton ran on....middle class tax cuts. But funny, I seem to recall one of the buggest increases in history. Kerry is a true liberal. Liberals raise taxes...that's just the way it goes. Liberals run as fiscal conservatives, then turn around and raise taxes. Clinton did it. Rendell just did it in PA, after campaining on NOT raising the state income tax. In fact, the only way true liberals get elected in this country is to LIE and run as the aformentioned fiscal conservatives.

Even if Kerry's promise holds true, which it won't because 1) He's most likely lying just as Clinton did and 2) The Republican Congress (which will be maintained in all likelihood) will never allow it, then his plan WILL affect small subchapter S corps, just as Bush says it will. I know because my Dad owns a small business as a subchapter S. Kerry's plan would do real damage to people in small business. Further, Kerry's plan doesn't bring in enough revenue to pay for what's he's proposing. Those are just the facts.

Sometimes fear is based on reality....and history.

I saw a report that the $200,000 lower limit is actually something like $175, in same instances. That is almost reaching the lower class in my area.
post #90 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
I saw a report that the $200,000 lower limit is actually something like $175, in same instances. That is almost reaching the lower class in my area.

Are you scared NaplesX ?
post #91 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Are you scared NaplesX ?

No, but more taxes would definitely keep my wife from hiring the much needed new employees for her growing cleaning business.

I know that it will effect the technology company that I work for, where I am in the process of hiring some new techs.

So I can tell you that taxes will hurt any growth with the small businesses that I am personally involved in.
post #92 of 225
Quote:
No, but more taxes would definitely keep my wife from hiring the much needed new employees for her growing cleaning business.

I know that it will effect the technology company that I work for, where I am in the process of hiring some new techs.

So I can tell you that taxes will hurt any growth with the small businesses that I am personally involved in.

I didn't mean that - it's just that this thread is entitled 'Fear Fear Fear Fear' and you seem a bit scared to address the thread topic.....
post #93 of 225
Quote:
I didn't mean that - it's just that this thread is entitled 'Fear Fear Fear Fear' and you seem a bit scared to address the thread topic.....

Do you know how hard it is to establish a small business? Do you know how hard it is to recover when one fails? Do you know the connection between your own state of well being and the operation of said business?

If you do then you may understand that the thought of paying higher taxes does scare every small business owner.

Bush has definitely helped the businesses that I am involved with, by virtue of cutting taxes. The outcome of this election has possibly big effects on said business.

So yes fear is a big factor for small business owners, in this election.
post #94 of 225
And therein lies the tr00f.

NaplesX doesn't believe any of the crap he posts, he tries to scare you because he's scared he's going to have to pay a few more taxes on his business.

Isn't fear a tool of Satan?
post #95 of 225
Quote:
Do you know how hard it is to establish a small business? Do you know how hard it is to recover when one fails? Do you know the connection between your own state of well being and the operation of said business?

If you do then you may understand that the thought of paying higher taxes does scare every small business owner.

Bush has definitely helped the businesses that I am involved with, by virtue of cutting taxes. The outcome of this election has possibly big effects on said business.

But this ignores a couple of facts Naples. First, we cannot maintain our current fiscal situaltion without an increase in tax revenue. Either Bush will have to severly cut programs or we will have to raise taxes. The govenrment can't keep adding to the IOU indefinetly.

Also, it ignores Kerrys claims that he--and he knows small businesses are important to the American economy mind you--will give many incentives to small business and not raise taxes on small buisness. Kerry wants to close loop-holes in the current tax code like the one which allowed GWB to collect an $84 credit for his "Foresting" business. Kerry wants to tax individuals not their businesses. I could go on actually, but I know you'll simply ignore what I have to say.

If your afraid of taxes then you should be afraid of Bush. Bush has kept very, very few campaign promises from the 2000 election--what's to guarantee he wont break his tax promise? Remember read my lips? Bush has proven that he lies about taxes and fiscal responsability. Kerry at least has the balls to say "Look some people will have to pay more at the end of the year."

Kerry isn't, and wont, target your businesses Naples. That would be nothing short of stupid. Kerry may tax your personal income derived from your business if you exceed $200,000 a year but if you have a cleaning business which makes that much profit that you as an individual bring home 200k then I'd say your tax fears would be nonexistant to begin with.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #96 of 225
Quote:

Well, I run my own businesses so yes, I'd say I do. I can't say that I'm scared of tax increases though - you lose me there.

In fact I'd willingly pay more tax if services were to improve: the National Health Service for example.

But that is an aside - no-one likes paying tax but fear is too strong a word and out of context in this thread. If you're under threat of death from evil terrorists anyway (note that IF) then things should be in a bit more of a perspective.
post #97 of 225
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
If your afraid of taxes then you should be afraid of Bush. Bush has kept very, very few campaign promises from the 2000 election--what's to guarantee he wont break his tax promise? Remember read my lips? Bush has proven that he lies about taxes and fiscal responsability. Kerry at least has the balls to say "Look some people will have to pay more at the end of the year."

Bush has kept 50% of his campaign promises. And on the tax cutting front he has far surpassed that promise.

The 'read my lips" was his father, not him. And i am sure his father told him that raising taxes would be bad.

Lowering taxes raises the volume of dollars that can be taxed, and thus raises tax revenue.

Play with yourself if you must.
post #98 of 225
Quote:
Bush has kept 50% of his campaign promises. And on the tax cutting front he has far surpassed that promise.

The 'read my lips" was his father, not him. And i am sure his father told him that raising taxes would be bad.

Lowering taxes raises the volume of dollars that can be taxed, and thus raises tax revenue.

Play with yourself if you must.

Name the 50% please with references to his campaign promises.

Tax cuts--he kept.
Education--He kept (sort of).

What else?

50% that's laughable.

Now, why not address the rest of my post which directly contridicts your fear-mongering assertions on Kerry's tax plan?
post #99 of 225
Quote:

God would keep all his promises. Bush is pretending to be Gods elect. Remember, Satan's most effective weapon is pretending to be God. Satan deceives you with shiny seductions. Tax cuts are shiny seductions, but you'll pay for it in the long run.
post #100 of 225
Quote:
Well, I run my own businesses so yes, I'd say I do. I can't say that I'm scared of tax increases though - you lose me there.

In fact I'd willingly pay more tax if services were to improve: the National Health Service for example.

But that is an aside - no-one likes paying tax but fear is too strong a word and out of context in this thread. If you're under threat of death from evil terrorists anyway (note that IF) then things should be in a bit more of a perspective.

Exactly!!! Economics of scale again. Lets get rid of legacy healthcare costs so our business can compete with the dozens of countries which already supply healthcare or offer health care tax subsidies. We are hurting ourselves by not pooling the combined resources of the nation here. Corporations have seen this already so then why can't the rest of you 'conservatives'. The plan is not to socialize healthcare BTW.
post #101 of 225
Quote:
Name the 50% please with references to his campaign promises.

Tax cuts--he kept.
Education--He kept (sort of).

What else?

50% that's laughable.

Now, why not address the rest of my post which directly contridicts your fear-mongering assertions on Kerry's tax plan?

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...7749530.htm?1c

Ok, I was rounding up, it was 46%.
post #102 of 225
Quote:

Kerry is a taxing Liberal and he is extremely hard to nail down on positions, so I think that there is a much greater chance that he will raise taxes. Let's be honest.

There are many levels of fear. So let's not play games.

If you look at my post, I did not mention either Shrub or Flip-Flop. So you are assuming that I am attributing fear to one side or the other. I said that fear does play a role, as it does in most decisions in life.

Your approach to every rebuttal is sad, can we stop the cycle? Please?

You seem like a smart and good fellow, I am sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way, somehow.

Is civil debate out of the question?

EDIT: I did mention bush, sorry. However, the overall theme was based on fear being a factor. It wasn't my purpose to connect either party to the fear.
post #103 of 225
Quote:
Kerry is a taxing Liberal and he is extremely hard to nail down on positions, so I think that there is a much greater chance that he will raise taxes. Let's be honest.

Is civil debate out of the question?

1) Labels, Labels, scary labels.
2) Remember that 'college hazing' quote
3) If you get caught misrepresenting information again, I will have to show that photo of you dressed as l'il bo-peep taking a guitar up the ass from the sheep.

What? You were too stoned to remember?
post #104 of 225
Quote:
1) Labels, Labels, scary labels.
2) Remember that 'college hazing' quote
3) If you get caught misrepresenting information again, I will have to show that photo of you dressed as l'il bo-peep taking a guitar up the ass from the sheep.

What? You were too stoned to remember?

Kerry is a Liberal. Not that it is a necessarily bad thing, I didn't dub him that. Liberals tend to tax. Facts, not name calling.

Bring the photo, I remember and it was fun. Don't knock it till you try it.

post #105 of 225
Quote:
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...7749530.htm?1c

Ok, I was rounding up, it was 46%.

So, he either outright lied or told empty promises for over half the time-?!!!?. . . for 54% of the time?

and you 'trust' this excuse for a man why?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #106 of 225
Quote:
So, he either outright lied or told empty promises for over half the time-?!!!?. . . for 54% of the time?

and you 'trust' this excuse for a man why?

You didn't read the piece, I see. Oh well. It was pretty comprehensive.
post #107 of 225
Quote:
Kerry is a Liberal. Not that it is a necessarily bad thing, I didn't dub him that. Liberals tend to tax. Facts, not name calling.

Bring the photo, I remember and it was fun. Don't knock it till you try it.

Hang on, my photoshop skills are not too sharp
post #108 of 225
Quote:
You didn't read the piece, I see. Oh well. It was pretty comprehensive.

password/login ?
post #109 of 225
Quote:
Hang on, my photoshop skills are not too sharp

New meaning to "loving the music".
post #110 of 225
Quote:
New meaning to "loving the music".

post #111 of 225
Quote:
password/login ?

It didn't require one for me, it just logged me in as guest.

Strange.

Another article:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...ntstory.jsp&1c

I also found that if you google for "bush's promises kept" the article pops up and is viewable by the public, they must have a deal with google.
post #112 of 225
post #113 of 225
Quote:

post #114 of 225
NaplesX, I took your google advice, because the second link required registration, I think this is the article you are looking for.

I'll be honest, I didn't read most of it.

http://www.compassiongate.com/promises/
post #115 of 225
Quote:
It didn't require one for me, it just logged me in as guest.

Strange.

Another article:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...ntstory.jsp&1c

I also found that if you google for "bush's promises kept" the article pops up and is viewable by the public, they must have a deal with google.

L/P here too?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #116 of 225
Quote:
You've rehashed some of what BRussell posted. Some of your points about Democratic turnout and approval ratings are well taken.

As far as betting on the outcome, you're basically saying you'd be making an against the odds, emotional bet. If we were strictly playing with numbers and not emotion, Bush would be favored.

Concerning what Bush has on his side, p[lease go back and read what I posted. Nevermind, I'll report it for you:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...oll/index.html

HAh!

OUT THE DOOR IN 2004!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #117 of 225
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #118 of 225
Quote:

LOL Nipples' Wife is a maid.
post #119 of 225
Quote:
The outcome of this election has possibly big effects on said business.

Exactly! If Kerry wins, more people will be able to afford maids.
post #120 of 225
Quote:
Liberals tend to tax.

And Republicans tend to spend.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear