or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq's doing fine -we're all safer...

Iraq's doing fine -we're all safer...

post #1 of 124
Everything is under control - Iraq is safer and heading towards democracy. If at any time in the next few days you hear of Bush allowing 380 tons of super explosives to go missing form storage in Iraq then simply choose from one of the following options:

1) Go back to sleep.

2) Derail thread with partisan nonsense.

3) Do not under any circumstances follow this link to ABC news or this one to Juan Cole.

If by some unforeseen circumstance you find yourself confronted with information from either of these sites remember:

Although HMX and RDX, can detonate nuclear bombs, eradicate complete buildings, and are commonly used for high-density warheads for missiles there is no cause for alarm - the winds of freedom are blowing.

If you come into possession of the information that a pound of it brought down the 747 at Lockerbie and are tempted to contemplate what use 380 tons could be put to - STOP - repeat three times:

Everything is going according to plan. Freedom and democracy will prevail.

4) If you are considering the idea that the US is somehow responsible for a failure in guarding this material and allowing it to disappear, perform the following actions:

Phone the law enforcement authorities immediately.

Place yourself under citizen's arrest and secure yourself to a piece of heavy furniture.

Wait quietly and submissively for the authorities to collect you.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 124
Quote:
Al Qaqaa, a sprawling former military installation about 30 miles south of Baghdad, was placed under U.S. military control but repeatedly has been looted, raising troubling questions about whether the missing explosives have fallen into the hands of insurgents battling coalition forces.

Then it wasn't really under US military control the...
Stoo
Stoo
post #3 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
......Bush allowing 380 tons of super explosives to go missing....

That DEVIL! personally letting that happen ---OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #4 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
That DEVIL! personally letting that happen ---OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Who is ultimately responsible for the policies of the US military?

Question with the same answer:
Who is the head of the US military?

And I guess this is the best Republican defense we will see on this matter. Other than totally ignoring it, I guess.
proud resident of a failed state
post #5 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Everything is under control - Iraq is safer and heading towards democracy. If at any time in the next few days you hear of Bush allowing 380 tons of super explosives to go missing form storage in Iraq then simply choose from one of the following options:

1) Go back to sleep.

2) Derail thread with partisan nonsense.

3) Do not under any circumstances follow this link to ABC news or this one to Juan Cole.

If by some unforeseen circumstance you find yourself confronted with information from either of these sites remember:

Although HMX and RDX, can detonate nuclear bombs, eradicate complete buildings, and are commonly used for high-density warheads for missiles there is no cause for alarm - the winds of freedom are blowing.

If you come into possession of the information that a pound of it brought down the 747 at Lockerbie and are tempted to contemplate what use 380 tons could be put to - STOP - repeat three times:

Everything is going according to plan. Freedom and democracy will prevail.

4) If you are considering the idea that the US is somehow responsible for a failure in guarding this material and allowing it to disappear, perform the following actions:

Phone the law enforcement authorities immediately.

Place yourself under citizen's arrest and secure yourself to a piece of heavy furniture.

Wait quietly and submissively for the authorities to collect you.

Who cares? SH and his weapons aren't a threat to anyone other than his own people, if they even existed.

They're not WMD, so who cares. Wrong war, wrong place wrong time.

Give it to Kerry, he'll fix everything.
post #6 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Who cares? SH and his weapons aren't a threat to anyone other than his own people, if they even existed.

Give it to Kerry, he'll fix everything.

380 tons of high explosive have been looted from an area under American control. What are we going to do?

Let's criticise the anti-war protesters and a guy who's running for President.

We might be in greater danger every day, in our own homes and offices, but this is emphatically Not Our Fault.

I blame the guy who hasn't been elected.

My next door neighbour got burgled. I blame myself: I told her to use the Chubb lock on her door.
post #7 of 124
Quote:

Anyway, to answer this ridiculous, bitter post itself, these explosives were not weapons of mass destruction.

No-one suggested they were.

But now they are probably in the hands of terrorists who want to kill you and the people you love.

If you hadn't waged this war, those people wouldn't have them.

Do. You. Get. It. Now.
post #8 of 124
I don't know, if I had 380 tons of explosives I'm pretty sure I could massively destroy something.....

hell, even the vatican is trying to tell the flock not to vote for President Bush.
post #9 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Anyway, to answer this ridiculous, bitter post itself, these explosives were not weapons of mass destruction.

No-one suggested they were.

But now they are probably in the hands of terrorists who want to kill you and the people you love.

If you hadn't waged this war, those people wouldn't have them.

Do. You. Get. It. Now.

I do. SH should still be in power. Kerry needs to be president to fix this situation that Bush caused.

Those explosives were there originally for peaceful purposes, and the UN had it all in hand. Iraq was well on it's way to rejoining the International community, until Bush blew it all for oil.

Kerry can fix it.
post #10 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar
I don't know, if I had 380 tons of explosives I'm pretty sure I could massively destroy something.....

hell, even the vatican is trying to tell the flock not to vote for President Bush.

Apparently a kilogram of this stuff is enough to level a building, according to the BBC's Defence Correspondent.

Don't know about you, but I can't wait for the elections in Iraq.
post #11 of 124
Quote:
Apparently a kilogram of this stuff is enough to level a building, according to the BBC's Defence Correspondent.

Don't know about you, but I can't wait for the elections in Iraq.

A JANUARY SURPRISE?
post #12 of 124
Quote:
I do. SH should still be in power. Kerry needs to be president to fix this situation that Bush caused.

Those explosives were there originally for peaceful purposes, and the UN had it all in hand. Iraq was well on it's way to rejoining the International community, until Bush blew it all for oil.

Kerry can fix it.

Will you stop bringing up John Kerry? He has nothing to do with this. Stop bringing him up. Stop trying to derail this thread. Scan up and look at Segovius' tactic no. 2 in the opening post. Stop it.

WE KNEW HE HAD CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS. He had aeroplanes, big guns and tanks. He also had lots of powerful explosives.

Now terrorists have them. They wouldn't have had them if you hadn't invaded Iraq with three dozen troops and no plan for what you might do afterwards.

We're in greater danger than we were before. You are in greater danger now, because of the incompetence of your own Defense Department and military.

I know, I know, I know, John Kerry has a big chin.
post #13 of 124
Quote:
Will you stop bringing up John Kerry? He has nothing to do with this. Stop bringing him up. Stop trying to derail this thread. Scan up and look at Segovius' tactic no. 2 in the opening post. Stop it.

WE KNEW HE HAD CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS. He had aeroplanes, big guns and tanks. He also had lots of powerful explosives.

Now terrorists have them. They wouldn't have had them if you hadn't invaded Iraq with three dozen troops and no plan for what you might do afterwards.

We're in greater danger than we were before. You are in greater danger now, because of the incompetence of your own Defense Department and military.

I know, I know, I know, John Kerry has a big chin.

This thread was started as an sarcastic attack on Bush and his policies. Drawing the obvious (to me) comparison between the two candidates for president.

According to what Kerry promises he can do in Iraq and here in the US he is obviously the best choice to fix what ails Iraq and the rest of the world, and make the US safer against the terrorists that now posses these explosives, that would have been used for peaceful purposes if the US had not gone and invaded Iraq.
post #14 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
Who is ultimately responsible for the policies of the US military?

Question with the same answer:
Who is the head of the US military?

And I guess this is the best Republican defense we will see on this matter. Other than totally ignoring it, I guess.

fair is fair, "Bush allowing 380 tonnes...." is not an acurate statement.

post #15 of 124
Quote:
and make the US safer against the terrorists that now posses these explosives, that would have been used for peaceful purposes if the US had not gone and invaded Iraq.

Good heavens.

If this had happened six months ago, you wouldn't have mentioned Kerry.

If this had happened in six months time, you wouldn't have mentioned Kerry.

This happens in an election and you mention Kerry. Of course you do. Of course you do.

And I repeat, for the fourth time, that these explosives are probably in the hands of people who want to kill you, Naples X, at the ball game.

These people now have 380 tons of high explosive they wouldn't have had if it weren't for this war.

Your Defense Department and your military have made a mistake. They have slipped up. Your life is in more danger than it was.

And Kerry has a big chin.
post #16 of 124
I have been thinking about this election cycle and have come to the conclusion that Kerry is the man for the Job. His promises are really what we need to get things straightened out here and in the world:

1. "I know I can run a more effective, smarter, more productive war on terror. I will do it by bringing to our side the allies that we used to have which should have been with us in the first place. I'll take the target off American troopsand we're going to get our troops home where they belong."

Three things should immediately happen according to that promise: We should immediately see a huge influx of AQ detainees, including OBL. Allies should flock to our side, providing more than enough troops to contain Iraq quickly. US soldier deaths should immediately be reduced, at least by half.

2. "When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."

I can't wait. My aunt is crippled, and it would be great to see here able to walk without pain. Who doesn't want that?

3. The Kerry-Edwards plan will give every American access to the range of high-quality, affordable plans available to members of Congress and extend coverage to 95 percent of Americans, including every American child. - Kerry/Edwards website

Affordable health care, let's do it.

The list goes on and on, and I think that should he win, we should hold him to every promise, because that is what we do here, as proven by the critics of Bush. That would be fair, no?

I know that I am preparing for the Kerry years right now, by documenting every campaign promise right now, so that when he fails to come through, I can point it out. Fair is fair.
post #17 of 124
Quote:
Good heavens.

If this had happened six months ago, you wouldn't have mentioned Kerry.

If this had happened in six months time, you wouldn't have mentioned Kerry.

This happens in an election and you mention Kerry. Of course you do. Of course you do.

And I repeat, for the fourth time, that these explosives are probably in the hands of people who want to kill you, Naples X, at the ball game.

These people now have 380 tons of high explosive they wouldn't have had if it weren't for this war.

Your Defense Department and your military have made a mistake. They have slipped up. Your life is in more danger than it was.

And Kerry has a big chin.

I don't go to ball-games, so I'm safe there. Thanks.

If I recall your government was also involved, so you could just as easily point to your defense ministry.

I understand that we are in more danger, and it is all Bush/Blair's fault. Wrong war, wrong time.

Go Kerry.
post #18 of 124
1. John Kerry has nothing to do with this thread.

2. Your life is in more danger than it was.

Actually, my frigging life is in more danger than it was too. I'm allowed to dissent. I'm allowed to be angry. I can see whose fault it is.

It is the fault of the war strategy of an administration presided over by George Bush. I'm angry with him, and the members of the cabinet he appointed, and the armed forces of which he so fond of reminding us he is Commander In Chief.

The size of John Kerry's chin makes no difference to the fact that both of us are now in greater danger than we were before and that only one of us is clear-sighted enough to direct his anger in the right place.
post #19 of 124
BOOM!

Just kidding.

Don't worry. Kerry will save you.
post #20 of 124
"Help is on the way."
post #21 of 124
Hassan:

Stop feeding the troll, please.

dmz:

Quote:
fair is fair, "Bush allowing 380 tonnes...." is not an acurate statement.

Sure it is. When you do not guard a giant weapons bunker you are allowing people to take stuff from it.
post #22 of 124
Quote:
1. John Kerry has nothing to do with this thread.

2. Your life is in more danger than it was.

Actually, my frigging life is in more danger than it was too. I'm allowed to dissent. I'm allowed to be angry. I can see whose fault it is.

It is the fault of the war strategy of an administration presided over by George Bush. I'm angry with him, and the members of the cabinet he appointed, and the armed forces of which he so fond of reminding us he is Commander In Chief.

The size of John Kerry's chin makes no difference to the fact that both of us are now in greater danger than we were before and that only one of us is clear-sighted enough to direct his anger in the right place.

1. Kerry has a better plan.

2. I know. That is why the US needs to elect Kerry, so there is not 4 more years of everyone being less safe. Kerry can undo a lot of Bush/Blair's mistakes and everyone will be safe again.

OUT THE DOOR IN 2004!
post #23 of 124
Quote:
Hassan:

dmz:

Sure it is. When you do not guard a giant weapons bunker you are allowing people to take stuff from it.

Why am i troll now. I am starting to see the advantages of having Kerry in office.

I guess I can't change my mind then?
post #24 of 124
Quote:
Hassan:

dmz:

I think it time for this agian:

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.
R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?
M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.
R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?
M: Well, what is the cost?
R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.
M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.
R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.

Pause
R: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory.
Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.
M: Thank you.
(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)
Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
M: Well, I was told outside that...
Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
M: What?
Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!
M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Q: Not at all.
M: Thank You. (Under his breath) Stupid git!!
(Walk down the corridor)

post #25 of 124
This just is not important. Most of those weapons have probably been destroyed in US airstrikes on safe houses and ammo dumps. What is important is that SH is in a prison cell and everyday we have better control of what goes on in Iraq. As this election nears, the left is getting very desparate. Kerry and the left know they are defeated and they are taking last breath stabs at the President. The President will win this election.

Bush 55%
All others 45%
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #26 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
This just is not important. Most of those weapons have probably been destroyed in US airstrikes on safe houses and ammo dumps. What is important is that SH is in a prison cell and everyday we have better control of what goes on in Iraq. As this election nears, the left is getting very desparate. Kerry and the left know they are defeated and they are taking last breath stabs at the President. The President will win this election.

Bush 55%
All others 45%

Oh come on, man.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #27 of 124
380 tons of looted weapons are not important?

That's the talking point on this one?
post #28 of 124
Quote:
380 tons of looted weapons are not important?

That's the talking point on this one?

Not that I am defending Bush, but who put the weapons there?
post #29 of 124
probably a republican administration during the eighties.
post #30 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar
probably a republican administration during the eighties.

Right. Makes sense.
post #31 of 124
Quote:
Not that I am defending Bush, but who put the weapons there?

They were the remnants of Saddam's programme from the eighties and were being monitored by the IAEA inspectors prior to the war.

Unfortunately since the invasion the experts have not been allowed to return to monitor these materials and it looks like that was a mistake.

What I want to know is this: why in this administration is no-one ever accountable for anything ?

Surely one would think someone should be fired for this ? But, no - the only response is downplaying its significance.

A dangerous policy imo.
post #32 of 124
Donald Rumsfeld sold them to Saddam (who he then loved) in 1992.
post #33 of 124
This thread is now officially a non-sequitur feeding frenzy.

post #34 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by jamac
Donald Rumsfeld sold them to Saddam (who he then loved) in 1992.

well i doubt it was '92, (unless it was a surrender gift) '82 more likely, during the iran/iraq war.
1.5 million dead.....now THAT'S a war.
post #35 of 124
This administration is accountable to the American people who will show their support to the President next week. The President is very accountable. What the left can't accept is that more Americans than not believe in this President and like the job he is doing.

Moe
post #36 of 124
Mods, reprimand me if you must.

Naples - you are the biggest piece of [expletive deleted] in here. Our brothers and sisters are getting KILLED and MAIMED by these explosives! And you mock. Husbans, wives, sons and daughters of service men and women are sending armor to their loved ones to help protect them from roadside bombs! Bombs made with these materials! And you mock.

F[expletive deleted] you!

[Edited by NG]
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #37 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate

Naples - you are the biggest piece of shit in here. Our brothers and sisters are getting KILLED and MAIMED by these explosives! And you mock. Husbans, wives, sons and daughters of service men and women are sending armor to their loved ones to help protect them from roadside bombs! Bombs made with these materials! And you mock.

Fuck you!

Nice -- let's watch the prison language.

As for body armor, it does nothing compared to the bombs these guys are seeing. I have emails in my inbox from 'the front' to the effect that the these roadside bombs are significantly more distructive than the protection a kevlar vest would provide.

post #38 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Nice -- let's watch the prison language.

He deserved every word of it. He deserves a lot more than a couple harsh potty words!

Mocking our soldier's who are dying by the hundreds with this explosive material...deplorable! Absolutely deplorable!
post #39 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate

Naples - you are the biggest piece of [expletive deleted] in here. Our brothers and sisters are getting KILLED and MAIMED by these explosives! And you mock. Husbans, wives, sons and daughters of service men and women are sending armor to their loved ones to help protect them from roadside bombs! Bombs made with these materials! And you mock.

F[expletive deleted] you!

[Edited by NG]

Who's mocking? I am totally agree with you guys. Kerry is the obvious choice to end this.

He has been steadfast in his stance on Iraq, and has been strong on defense for his 20 years in office. He says he has a better plan.

I say the sooner the better.

"Hope is on the way."
post #40 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
I have emails in my inbox from 'the front' to the effect that the these roadside bombs are significantly more distructive than the protection a kevlar vest would provide.

Well, hell, why are we bothering to give them any kind of armor or armor plating? In other words, you're arguing that we shouldn't worry about them not having body armor, since the shit is too bad down there for it to do any good?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq's doing fine -we're all safer...