or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq's doing fine -we're all safer...

Iraq's doing fine -we're all safer... - Page 2

post #41 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
He deserved every word of it. He deserves a lot more than a couple harsh potty words!

Mocking our soldier's who are dying by the hundreds with this explosive material...deplorable! Absolutely deplorable!

Enough of the pretend outrage. I didn't mock the soldiers.
post #42 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Who's mocking? I am totally agree with you guys. Kerry is the obvious choice to end this.

He has been steadfast in his stance on Iraq, and has been strong on defense for his 20 years in office. He says he has a better plan.

I say the sooner the better.

"Hope is on the way."

I don't know, man, running up deficits and misleading the people into war is hard work.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #43 of 124
Quote:
Enough of the pretend outrage. I didn't mock the soldiers.

Quote:
BOOM!

Just kidding.
post #44 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter

Um, so?

That was in reply to Hassan's claim that he was now in danger because of the missing explosives.

A bad joke, sorry.

Edit: Besides, explosions happen in war, and when you are talking about terrorism. Iraqi's in general are all in danger of being hit.

So maybe a little outrage on their behalf might be in order, if we are really talking about righteous indignation and the like.

Soldiers sign up to kill and die, that's what they do.
post #45 of 124
Quote:
Well, hell, why are we bothering to give them any kind of armor or armor plating? In other words, you're arguing that we shouldn't worry about them not having body armor, since the shit is too bad down there for it to do any good?

That's not the point at all -- the whole Hummer 'up-armoring' and 'parents sending their kids money to by Kevlar' has been presented as a fix to the 'roadside bomb' problem. It's not -- there have been instances where Main Battle Tanks have been taken out by these devices.

I don't care for oversimplified problems solved with pretend fixes, and then served up as rehtoric.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #46 of 124
It took less than 8 hours for this thread to turn to absolute shit. That's pretty cool.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #47 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
It took less than 8 hours for this thread to turn to absolute shit. That's pretty cool.

really? I mark that point immediately upon posting.
post #48 of 124
I have an idea:

I'll host a pasword-protected net Game of Halo entitled 'Asinine AppleInsider Assualt' and we all log in using our AI handles. the password will be 'gay thread'

....then proceed to blow each other's BALLS OFF!

childish, true.... trite, very true... but a great way to frell an afternoon of otherwise prductive time.

post #49 of 124
I'm going to do ti RIGHT NOW

Game name: Appleinsider

password: apple

post #50 of 124
Playing politics with a fuck-up of massive proportions...

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #51 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
I have an idea:

I'll host a pasword-protected net Game of Halo entitled 'Asinine AppleInsider Assualt' and we all log in using our AI handles. the password will be 'gay thread'

....then proceed to blow each other's BALLS OFF!

childish, true.... trite, very true... but a great way to frell an afternoon of otherwise prductive time.

I've got a better idea:

someone could post something about a very worrying development in Iraq

we could divide ourselves into opposing sides

and we could like err...use our brains and discuss.........

I know this probably isn't what you have in mind but I guess you can always just go play with yourself......
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #52 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
I've got a better idea:

someone could post something about a very worrying development in Iraq

we could divide ourselves into opposing sides

and we could like err...use our brains and discuss.........

I know this probably isn't what you have in mind but I guess you can always just go play with yourself......

Yes, but then you have try to sort through the name calling, foul language, and vitriol to find the discussion. Halo might be theraputic.

post #53 of 124
I agree with Common Man and dmz.

Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
What the left can't accept is that more Americans than not believe in this President and like the job he is doing.

Absolutely. I can't believe it. Can't frigging believe it. It's unbelievable.

And I agree with dmz.

Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Yes, but then you have try to sort through the name calling, foul language, and vitriol to find the discussion. Halo might be theraputic

A game of Halo would be great and would be just as effective at finding solutions as this thread.

That, and I would love to blow Common Man's head off with a shotgun.
post #54 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
A game of Halo would be great and would be just as effective at finding solutions as this thread.

That, and I would love to blow Common Man's head off with a shotgun.

If you promise to hold still, I PROMISE to have Tanks in the game.

'cmon you guys, how about it? It sounds like a riot.

post #55 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
If you promise to hold still, I PROMISE to have Tanks in the game.

'cmon you guys, how about it? It sounds like a riot.

Alright -- I'm going to start a game RIGHT NOW.

no passwords, but I'll call it AppleInsider

post #56 of 124
Relax Hassan. They're not worth it. Walk away.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #57 of 124
I'm starting another game -- everybody's invited!

"appleinsider"

(everybody grow a sense of humor and join me)

post #58 of 124
Well apparently there will be a story tomorrow stating that an embedded reporter was there when troops arrived at the facility in question and the weapons were not there.

Looks like it may be yet another twist of the facts.
post #59 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Yes, but then you have try to sort through the name calling, foul language, and vitriol to find the discussion. Halo might be theraputic.

Sorry, anything other than UT2004 is a no-no.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #60 of 124
Why did God make Republicans anyway? I just don't get it...
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
post #61 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself
Why did God make Republicans anyway? I just don't get it...

Inspiration.
post #62 of 124
Quote:
Well apparently there will be a story tomorrow stating that an embedded reporter was there when troops arrived at the facility in question and the weapons were not there.

Looks like it may be yet another twist of the facts.

What?

The only way I can read this is that BECAUSE there was a reporter to report what he saw, the facts are DEFINATELY being twisted.

"Useful idiots" I believe they are called, even more useful when they don't WANT to know what's happening but trust only what the government tells them.

More and more I think that we are in a lot of trouble.
meh
meh
post #63 of 124
Ooh. Apparently the explosives were never there.

The plot thickens.
post #64 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Ooh. Apparently the explosives were never there.

The plot thickens.

Didn't anybody ever tell these people that when you lie, you should keep it as close to the truth as possible.

I can find no reference to the NBC News report that CNN reports (!) on NBC's web site. NBC's report about the weapons find doesn't mention the embedded crew.

A cursory reading of the CNN report, makes it plain times, dates and purported facts don't match up or make sense. NBC's isn't much better.

CNN claims the weapons were known to be there as late as January 2003 when the site was inspected. From NBC it's March 2003. According to CNN, they're gone the day after Baghdad fell when US troops got there with the NBC crew NBC doesn't know about. The Al Qa qaa facility is described as massive, well known. The UN Security Council of which the US is a member had seen the public IAEA reports about the joint and its contents.

So it makes sense that US troops would go looking there for weapons. It doesn't make sense that the US government didn't then hear about these weapons that were supposedly missing since before the "end" of the war until October this year.

The glaring inconsistencies go on and on. I can't be bothered. The whole thing is absurd. Americans including the armed forces should be on the streets by the millions. They should find Bush and his cronies, strip them naked, humiliate and taunt them until they cry like babies. This isn't a job for democracy. This is a job for mob rule.
post #65 of 124
I would make sense to have troops looking for this particular stockpile. It should be easy enough to round up those who were there in April and ask them. (If NBC news isn't acceptable.)

post #66 of 124
Looks like the Kerry October surprise backfired. Oops.
post #67 of 124
Quote:

huh?
post #68 of 124
Quote:
huh?

This is the last minute story that CBS planned on running right before the election.
post #69 of 124
Quote:

The MSNBC transcript of the embedded reporter interview destroys your desperate attempt at spin!

The winger attempt to redirect blame -- that troops at the facility found it emptied of the explosives when they reached it, post invasion -- have been decisively discredited by the embed reporter travelling with the 101st Airborne Division -- the unit who first arrived at that faciliy.

You are such a GOP apologist it isn't even funny. And you claim you're not a Republican.
post #70 of 124
Quote:
This is the last minute story that CBS planned on running right before the election.

Do you just make this shit up?
post #71 of 124
Quote:

Yes, I believe he does.
post #72 of 124
Quote:

Yep.
post #73 of 124
Quote:
Tuesday, October 26, 2004 Posted: 11:16 AM EDT (1516 GMT)

(CNN) -- The mystery surrounding the disappearance of 380 tons of powerful explosives from a storage depot in Iraq has taken a new twist, after a television news crew embedded with the U.S. military during the invasion of Iraq reported that the material could not be found when American troops arrived.

NBC News reported that on April 10, 2003, its crew was embedded with the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division when troops arrived at the Al Qaqaa storage facility south of Baghdad.

While the troops found large stockpiles of conventional explosives, they did not find HMX or RDX, the types of powerful explosives that reportedly went missing, according to NBC.

....what's going on with story? Are we talking HMX, RDX or just regular explosives?

post #74 of 124
See I know you would all say just that:

http://www.drudgereport.com/nbcw6.htm

of course the fact that the Kerry camp is also planning add based on same info. Just like memo gate, HMMM...

http://www.drudgereport.com/nbcw6.htm

The fact is, the facts are conflicting and no-one knows what happened, yet as usual Kerry and CBS, among others point to Bush.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/300/...ays_no_:.shtml

''There wasn't a search,'' she told MSNBC, an NBC cable news channel. ''The mission that the brigade had was to get to Baghdad. That was more of a pit stop there for us. And, you know, the searching, I mean certainly some of the soldiers head off on their own, looked through the bunkers just to look at the vast amount of ordnance lying around.

''But as far as we could tell, there was no move to secure the weapons, nothing to keep looters away.''

Hardly proof, either way, my friend. I would have to lean toward believing the military since they were in charge of it all.
post #75 of 124
Quote:
I would have to lean toward believing the military since they were in charge of it all.

I would lean towards Mr Ripper's explanation as he was the one who perpetrated the acts......
post #76 of 124
More lies from the left! This is very disturbing.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #77 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
....what's going on with story? Are we talking HMX, RDX or just regular explosives?

I thought it was a combination of all three, but mostly HMX and RDX.
post #78 of 124
The left is telling lies again! This is just disturbing . The President not only has to defeat Kerry, he has to defeat the media and the rest odf the world. The President will win though, because he is God's choice.

Moe
post #79 of 124
Quote:
The left is telling lies again! This is just disturbing . The President not only has to defeat Kerry, he has to defeat the media and the rest odf the world. The President will win though, because he is God's choice.

Moe

Heh
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #80 of 124
Quote:
The President will win though, because he is God's choice.

Moe

If Bush loses, does that make Kerry God's choice?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq's doing fine -we're all safer...