or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Captured VC Documents Show Coordination with VVAW?

Captured VC Documents Show Coordination with VVAW?

post #1 of 27
http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008318.php

Also, evidently, we don't have all of Senator Kerry's records? I was under the impression that the good Senator had opened the book of his life for all to see? I'm sure that Rather and company are hot on the trail...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...6/153506.shtml

Of course, One Lady (probably) has copies of all of the Senator's FBI records. Yep; Smartest Lady In The World who, if she wants to be President in 2008 won't need Kerry/Edwards in the way.

A translated VC document is allegedly here:
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/st...age=vccircular

Maybe it was typed with a Microsoft Word Selectric in Texas, eh?

Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
post #2 of 27
This would be Clinton's sabotage. I was wondering when it would hit. Do you think the mainstream media will run with it?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
This would be Clinton's sabotage. I was wondering when it would hit. Do you think the mainstream media will run with it?

HELL NO.
post #4 of 27
Quote:

Did you know that the US media is biased toward the right?

Just wondered. Looks like you don't.
meh
meh
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Harald

Did you know that except for Fox News, you're full of shit?
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Did you know that except for Fox News, you're full of shit?

Turn on the radio. Tell me that radio has a left wing bias.

Sinclair Broadcast. Which other TV network has done an equivalent hatchet job?

Stop the ad-homs by the way. Makes you look like an arsehole.

Edit. Thought about this and started laughing. This is a man that really believes there's a left-wing bias to the media. Ha. Hahahaha. Ha.
meh
meh
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Turn on the radio. Tell me that radio has a left wing bias.

Sinclair Broadcast. Which other TV network has done an equivalent hatchet job?

Stop the ad-homs by the way. Makes you look like an arsehole.

Edit. Thought about this and started laughing. This is a man that really believes there's a left-wing bias to the media. Ha. Hahahaha. Ha.

Mainstream media = the current alphabet soup of network TV and major newspapers. These get the widest circulation and viewing by far.

Cable and talk radio are not mainstream, although they have made big strides.

Let's compare apples to apples, shall we? Or do you just want to create a parallel reality?
post #8 of 27
Quote:

I'm glad you brought this up.

Yet another study in the long and growing list that shows the media's bias or at least it's willingness to shade the news to get the outcome they want:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1000685127
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
long and growing list

Does that list include the one you shamelessly lied about?

Did you even bother reading it?
Quote:
"This is the mirror image of what happened four years ago," the report states, when Bush benefited from coverage in the same debate period, enjoying twice as many positive stories as Al Gore.

Must have been that liberal bia...oh wait.

And
Quote:
While bias could be a factor, there are other possible explanations. Fully 40% of stories logged by the researchers this October had to do with the debates, where Kerry was generally seen as "winning" or doing very well, especially in debate number one. Another 9% concerned Iraq, with many setbacks during this period for the United States forces, which would drive Bush's negatives up unrelated to the campaign. In fact, nearly one in four stories on Bush was related to Iraq.

The study also notes "some differences in tone between different media," finding that newspapers "were the most negative medium by a sizable margin." Some 46% of all newspaper stories carried a negative cast, compared with 28% for the networks and 30% for the two cable shows. Newspapers were also harsher in tone about Bush than the other media. Network news was least negative.

Newspapers "tended to cover a wider range of themes than other media studied." Even, so, the press, like other media, "still framed the news largely through a tactical, insider lens."

These judgments, however, are based on just four not very typical newspapers in a not very typical period of the presidential race.

The study did not find what you claim. Now you've lied about two studies.
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Does that list include the one you shamelessly lied about?

Did you even bother reading it?

Must have been that liberal bia...oh wait.

And

The study did not find what you claim. Now you've lied about two studies.

As usual, you little cute yet annoying know-it-all liberal leprechaun, you choose to latch on to just the parts of any given thing that support your view. Fine.

I think that despite you calling everyone idiots, they can read for themselves and see that, in the least there is a possibility that bias plays a role.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Mainstream media = the current alphabet soup of network TV and major newspapers. These get the widest circulation and viewing by far.

Cable and talk radio are not mainstream, although they have made big strides.

Let's compare apples to apples, shall we? Or do you just want to create a parallel reality?

Dude.

Just ... dude.

Talk radio isn't mainstream, he says, and accuses me of parallel realities. Aha. Hahaha.

Then, then, ABCNNBS (he says) has a left-wing bias when any academic research done on it suggests the opposite ... but, get this, academics (he will say) are ivory-tower elite liberals, so NOTHING they say has any validity (when they disagree with his POV).

Dude.

I still live in the 'reality community.' That's all.
meh
meh
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Dude.

Just ... dude.

Talk radio isn't mainstream, he says, and accuses me of parallel realities. Aha. Hahaha.

Then, then, ABCNNBS (he says) has a left-wing bias when any academic research done on it suggests the opposite ... but, get this, academics (he will say) are ivory-tower elite liberals, so NOTHING they say has any validity (when they disagree with his POV).

Dude.

I still live in the 'reality community.' That's all.

Dude.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Dude.

Pretty appropriate.

Howard Stern makes front-page news when he moves to satellite radio for bazillions of dollars ...

... and talk radio isn't mainstream.

Ha. Hahahahaha. Hee hee hee.
meh
meh
post #14 of 27
Nice outburst, naples. Did you outsource that one to your 4 year old?
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Nice outburst, naples. Did you outsource that one to your 4 year old?

I mean... DUDE!

post #16 of 27
Reading your posts is like watching Ashlee Simpson on SNL.
post #17 of 27
Ehem, Dudes....

http://www.nysun.com/article/3756

If VVAW received instructions from North Viet Nam and if John F. Kerry is one of the two VVAW men who talked to the North Viet Namese delegation in Paris, does that raise doubts among anyone on the Left as to JFK's fitness to be Commander In Chief?

President Bush could probably benefit from the Verbal Advantage course, sure. However, the fact that a Presidential candidate has the equivalent (to me) of a speech impediment wouldn't discourage me from voting for him. Any indication of treason in his past certainly would.

Aries 1B.
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Aries 1B
Ehem, Dudes....

http://www.nysun.com/article/3756

If VVAW received instructions from North Viet Nam and if John F. Kerry is one of the two VVAW men who talked to the North Viet Namese delegation in Paris, does that raise doubts among anyone on the Left as to JFK's fitness to be Commander In Chief?

President Bush could probably benefit from the Verbal Advantage course, sure. However, the fact that a Presidential candidate has the equivalent (to me) of a speech impediment wouldn't discourage me from voting for him. Any indication of treason in his past certainly would.

Aries 1B.

Come on,

That was ancient history. One man's treason is another man's patriotism. The rest of the world would vote for Kerry.

Kerry has a 96% aproval rating among ex-VC. 99% among the French and 100% among UN officials.

Go Kerry.
post #19 of 27
I get it. The point of this thread is to show how hypocritical wingers are. And here I thought you guys were seriously doing exactly what you attacked CBS for doing. Silly me.
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Come on,

That was ancient history. One man's treason is another man's patriotism. The rest of the world would vote for Kerry.

Kerry has a 96% aproval rating among ex-VC. 99% among the French and 100% among UN officials.

Go Kerry.

I think that Kerry's slipping among ex-VC. They've taken the picture of him down in the 'We Beat America' Museum in Viet Nam.

Not a good sign.

All Kerry has to do to end all of this hate-driven speculation is to release his records. A few signatures from one man stand between us and the Utopia of Perfect and Totally Open Government!

Oh well, I'm sure that She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will let us know what the FBI discovered in the 1970's.

Aries 1B

PS: Wow; my 500th post! That calls for an apple from the fridge!
post #21 of 27
So, we might as well figure out a 'gate' for this now. If you follow the 'rathergate' naming convention, this should probably be called 'morongate.'
post #22 of 27
Quote:
So, we might as well figure out a 'gate' for this now. If you follow the 'rathergate' naming convention, this should probably be called 'morongate.'

Yeah, sure now that you have weighed in...

And I had a great name picked out.

Thanks.
post #23 of 27
I'm glad we've all agreed that your version of rathergate should be called morongate.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
I'm glad we've all agreed that your version of rathergate should be called morongate.

Treasongate.

(-gates should be descriptive of the subject crime. Morongate implies a crime against morons (a moron, sorta-kinda by definition, being a perpetual victim).

Aries 1B
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Aries 1B
Treasongate.

(-gates should be descriptive of the subject crime. Morongate implies a crime against morons (a moron, sorta-kinda by definition, being a perpetual victim).

So Dan Rather was the victim? Or the crime? What about Irangate or Paulagate?

I'm just trying to follow the rathergate naming convention.

I could actually call it hypocritegate since that's more descriptive.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
So Dan Rather was the victim? Or the crime? What about Irangate or Paulagate?

I'm just trying to follow the rathergate naming convention.

Why could actually call it hypocritegate since that's more descriptive.

Who, of course, being on second?

Goddamned sorry; couldn't Goddamned resist. I do Goddamned admire your Goddamned desire for Goddamned logical consistancy. I am also going to Goddamned ignore it, Goddamn it.

I'm Goddamned gonna call it Treasongate. It's my Goddamned thread, therefore, I Goddamned can.

Goddamned Aries 1B

PS: I heard that Steve Jobs will release a Goddamned Apple iTablet if the Goddamned phrase "Goddamned" shows up in sufficient Goddamned quantity on the Goddamned internet, Goddamned if I didn't. Partial Goddamned credit awarded for "Goddamn".
post #27 of 27
Well, maybe the first name for this -gate was indeed more appropriate.

However, you've convinced me that hypocritegate is more descriptive of the actual crime.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Captured VC Documents Show Coordination with VVAW?