or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Doing my part for the country (Pics)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Doing my part for the country (Pics) - Page 2

post #41 of 87
.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #42 of 87
.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #43 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I'm not sure how this got onto abortion here, but I want to point out that part of the reason Clinton and Kerry and others wanted the health exception is that they argued it would be unconstitutional if t wasn't included in the law. And guess what, they were right. The "partial birth abortion" law was struck down, exactly because it didn't have the health exception.

And the thing is that those who spent so much time drawing up the initial bill must have known this.....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #44 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Aquinas....

Not the Sermon on the Mount then I guess.....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #45 of 87
.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #46 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
They gave this woman a partial-birth abortion? Why not attempt to deliver the baby prematurely? Even babies born as early as 23 weeks have a good chance of survival.

I didn't say they gave the lady a partial birth abortion, just a late term abortion. To your second question, there was no one to take care of the baby after the mother passed.
post #47 of 87
Wot's this... a thread with politics, religion, and abortion, all in one? And it's not locked yet?

OK, I'll play.

Your citations for supporting the Just War appear to go back to pre-columbian times, so they would perhaps include Crusades - how do those fit into the Just War theory?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #48 of 87
Thread Starter 
Iraq war a just war?

PBA just? Late term?

There was nobody to take care of the baby?

All I know is that people on all sides here are very selfish, ignorant and sadly misguided.

Fellowship
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #49 of 87
.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #50 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz

I have been reading the 911 Omission report, and find no mention of these wargames, or any wargames relating to that day's events.

Fixed. You're welcome....
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #51 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
That is unadulterated nonsense.

What is unadulterated nonsense? I posted this:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I'm not sure how this got onto abortion here, but I want to point out that part of the reason Clinton and Kerry and others wanted the health exception is that they argued it would be unconstitutional if t wasn't included in the law. And guess what, they were right. The "partial birth abortion" law was struck down, exactly because it didn't have the health exception.

The opponents of this bill did say it was unconstitutional. It was struck down because it didn't have a health exception. What part of my post isn't 100% factually accurate?
post #52 of 87
'gotta git -- this is not as constructive as it could be.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #53 of 87
This thread is sickening; nothing more than a liberal ass-kissing orgy fest. Ooo look at me, give me compliments, make me feel good. I'll show myself out, thank you.
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

Reply
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

Reply
post #54 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by DanMacMan
This thread is sickening; nothing more than a liberal ass-kissing orgy fest. Ooo look at me, give me compliments, make me feel good. I'll show myself out, thank you.

sounds like you have nothing to be proud of.

I know... I could not be happy and vote for Bush either.

Fellowship
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #55 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellowship
I know... I could not be happy and vote for Bush either.

Sarcasm suits you better than I ever would have thought.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
Reply
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
Reply
post #56 of 87
and here I was always thinking you'd be more the "Bush" kinda guy.

as said before, way to go with being a pro-Kerry in Texas! May the force be with you
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Reply
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Reply
post #57 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by PBG4 Dude
there was no one to take care of the baby after the mother passed.

The Father. The mother's parents. One of the mother's siblings. The father's parents. One of the father's siblings. A good friend. A family that is unable to have children of their own. Should I continue? If my daughter, sister, or friend was terminally ill with cancer and was pregnant with a child I would do whatever possible to gain custody of that child so that it could live. Don't give me this BS about no one to raise the kid!

I bet someone took her car and keeps it in a garage, repairs it when it breaks, is putting gas in the tank and taking it through the car wash when it get too dirty, but they couldn't house, care for, feed and bath her kid?

Edit: Left a "h" off of wash.
NOTICE: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, fahlman cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Unless otherwise indicated,...
Reply
NOTICE: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, fahlman cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Unless otherwise indicated,...
Reply
post #58 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by fahlman
The Father. The mother's parents. One of the mother's siblings. The father's parents. One of the father's siblings. A good friend. A family that is unable to have children of their own. Should I continue? If my daughter, sister, or friend was terminally ill with cancer and was pregnant with a child I would do whatever possible to gain custody of that child so that it could live. Don't give me this BS about no one to raise the kid!

I bet someone took her car and keeps it in a garage, repairs it when it breaks, is putting gas in the tank and taking it through the car wash when it get too dirty, but they couldn't house, care for, feed and bath her kid?

Edit: Left a "h" off of wash.

you really think everyone has that type of support system, and that they know someone that would be willing to take upon such a huge burden?
post #59 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by badtz
you really think everyone has that type of support system, and that they know someone that would be willing to take upon such a huge burden?

I said "A family that is unable to have children of their own". This would be a total stranger that would in no way require a "support system".

My wiie's friend is traveling to Russia next week to adopt a child.
NOTICE: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, fahlman cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Unless otherwise indicated,...
Reply
NOTICE: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, fahlman cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Unless otherwise indicated,...
Reply
post #60 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by PBG4 Dude
I didn't say they gave the lady a partial birth abortion, just a late term abortion. To your second question, there was no one to take care of the baby after the mother passed.

Let the state take care of it! Socialism lives in the conservative mind!
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
Reply
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
Reply
post #61 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellowship
I do not like one party to have controlling power of the government. I believe the country is better off with a split government where by for example we have a Republican President with a majority Democratic congress or flip that and have a Democratic President with a majority Republican congress.

Some call this a do-nothing type of government but I believe history shows that the country does best with a split party government.

I also believe that President Bush and his administration have failed the American people in regard to 9/11 by not paying enough attention to the security briefings. I believe 9/11 could have been prevented if the Bush admin. took security briefings more serious and took less vacations during his early days as President.

I believe the war in Iraq is wrong and I believe it is all about securing America's stake in the middle east mostly for energy concerns and after that security "concerns" regarding the middle east to secure this oil supply for the US. I believe when President Bush takes us to war and uses words like terrorists and evil-doers he needs to be frank with the American people as to exactly what we Americans are doing over there. Why did we invade Iraq? I do not believe for one second it is due to any sort of WOT. The Dick Cheney Energy Task Force mapped out Iraq in April of 2001 prior to 9/11 and James Baker gave Cheney his "Baker Report" which called for "military action" in Iraq. Bush/Cheney abused the patriotism in America directly after 9/11 to divert a so-called WOT to a war in Iraq. This was abuse by the President and I will not endorse such actions by voting for this President.

Link 01

Link 02

Link 03

Link 04

Last but not least:

Link 05

I will not support this.

Bush in my view is a criminal of grand scale and I will not give him my vote.

John Kerry may or may not be many things but he has not taken us to where we are and the country needs to get on track to a sustainable future not a future of secret deals for the Bin Laden, Baker and Bush families at the expense of tax payer $$$ and human life to secure their personal investments.

While I disagree with Kerry over partial birth abortion Bush has no leg to stand on as far as morality is concerned. Bush panders to the "religious right" and I believe "pretends" to be this caring man of God. Nobody can say what Bush is but I find Bush to be anything but a Christian.

What scares me in this country is that many conservative Christians think Bush is this wonderful man of God. I mean after all he says he is.... and he is against partial birth abortions. He wants to ammend the constitution against gay marriage instead of letting the states manage the issue. But I ask these conservative Christians is this really worth it? To support a president who panders simply for your vote (pretending to be this upstanding man of God) which in my view he is nothing of the sort. Is this pandering to the religious right enough to justify the invasion into Iraq?

I think many more Christians need to be critical of this president.

Fellowship

There you have it. You are voting for Kerry because he's not Bush. Not one positive thing Kerry will do. No explanation how you can vote for a war criminal, and a troop bashing lying sack of shit. He's not Bush. Bush Sucks. Kerry-Edwards 04. Rock on.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #62 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Brilliantly articulated Fellowship.

You are an independent thinker who makes his own choices and decisions. An example to us all regardless of politics or belief.

With all due respect, he didn't answer the question. I asked why he's voting FOR Kerry. I didn't ask why he wasn't supporting Bush. I've yet to talk to one person that honestly supports Kerry because he/she agrees with him on most issues and truly thinks he's the best man for the job. Believe me, I've looked.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #63 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
With all due respect, he didn't answer the question. I asked why he's voting FOR Kerry. I didn't ask why he wasn't supporting Bush. I've yet to talk to one person that honestly supports Kerry because he/she agrees with him on most issues and truly thinks he's the best man for the job. Believe me, I've looked.

That's because he is not the best man for the job. He just happens to be -5 on the scale whereas Bush is -20.

Or something in that ratio.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #64 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
I've yet to talk to one person that honestly supports Kerry because he/she agrees with him on most issues and truly thinks he's the best man for the job. Believe me, I've looked.

Yo! Right here... that's me... (well, ok... best man for the job? No... best man for the job of anyone we could vote for? Yes)

There are lots of reasons I will never vote for Bush. Independent of that, there are reasons I am voting for Kerry.

You know... didn't you make that statement in another thread and I said the same thing above in response... let me see if I can dig it up.
post #65 of 87
Anyway, so what ? Why is a vote for Kerry because he isn't Bush somehow unacceptable ?

Seems good enough to me. In theory anyway - I happen to think that Kerry is as bad as Bush and far worse in some respects but that's another story.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #66 of 87
Ok... it wasn't SDW who asked this question in the other thread, but some others and I did answer it.

And second, Fellowship already answered this question in another thread of his own.
post #67 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Anyway, so what ? Why is a vote for Kerry because he isn't Bush somehow unacceptable ?

Seems good enough to me. In theory anyway - I happen to think that Kerry is as bad as Bush and far worse in some respects but that's another story.

It's not unacceptable. It's just dishonest. If someone wants to come out and say that he is so dillusioned with Bush that he's going to support Bush's opponent, no matter what, hey fine. But to display campaign signs and enthusiastically support someone just because the candidate is NOT the other? That's just ridiculous.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #68 of 87
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
post #69 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by DanMacMan
This thread is sickening; nothing more than a liberal ass-kissing orgy fest. Ooo look at me, give me compliments, make me feel good. I'll show myself out, thank you.

this just in, FROM YOUR OWN WEB BLOG:

Quote:
Who holds the key?

If you are like myself, and perhaps you are, you wonder what, if anything, holds the key to victory on November 2nd. Could it be Florida, Pennsylvania, or Ohio? How about none of the above. It is much more simple and less of a headache than that. All you have to do to figure out who will win this round of Presidential elections is watch the NFL on Sunday. What, you ask, how can this be? It just so happens that since the year of 1936, every Presidential election can correctly be predicted based upon the outcome of the previous Washington Redskins home game. When the Skins won the Sunday before the election, the incumbent won every time. Conversely, when the Skins lost, so too did the incumbent. So Sunday, when the Packers pay visit to RFK Stadium to take on the Redskins, it is your duty as a Bush supporter to root for the Redskins to continue the streak of success even if you are a Cowboys fan.

Green Bay: 28
Washington: 14

See you Tuesday.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

-...
Reply
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

-...
Reply
post #70 of 87
by the way, it was stupid of the democrats to completely give up louisiana to bush/cheney, as i have seen a LOT of new lawn signs and bumper stickers in the last few weeks, despite there being absolutely NO kerry/edwards offical office in the state, and very little campaigning by either side on the airwaves. i guess louisiana's electoral votes don't outweigh the amount of money they would have had to sacrifice from other swing states.

i myself have finally gotten a sticker and sign, even though i had to drive a hell of a long way to get them.

the state will still go bush, but i think people will be surpised at the percentage of kerry/edwards voters at the end of the day here.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

-...
Reply
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

-...
Reply
post #71 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
There you have it. You are voting for Kerry because he's not Bush. Not one positive thing Kerry will do. No explanation how you can vote for a war criminal, and a troop bashing lying sack of shit. He's not Bush. Bush Sucks. Kerry-Edwards 04. Rock on.

SDW2001 I respect that yourself and I have differences over the choice of the President of the US.

I respect your choice to support and vote for Bush for what ever reason(s) you so choose to do so.

I have voted for Kerry and I did so as a guy who voted for Bush last go round. Bush was not what he claimed to be. He is not conservative with the finances of the country. He creates wedge issues such as an ammendment to "protect" marriage from gays. This is not an action of a uniter as Bush claimed but rather this is the action of a divider. He said we should not nation-build but he has done just that several times over under his watch.

Bush has unfunded mandates which have been underfunded at the federal level while state and local level govt's have to increase property taxes etc. to fund the unfunded portions of no child left behind which Bush has left partially unfunded.

The amount of money this admin. in burning through on an unjust war in Iraq makes me sick as well due to lost lives both innocent Iraqi and American.

Bush says he is tough on the WOT but if this were the case OBL would be dead or captured by now.

If we were tough on the WOT A.Q. Kahn would not be a free man today holding on to the 10's of $millions made from the sale of WMD supplies and info.

Vote for Bush if you must but don't be stubbornly obtuse and pretend I have no reason(s) to vote for Kerry. I voted for Kerry because I believe he can do a better and smarter job of fighting a WOT than Bush.

Even if we disagree over the choice for President I respect your right to vote for who you see fit.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #72 of 87
Nice house.

But I think it sucks that if someone posted their "I'm voting for Bush" pics they'd get the ASCII beatdown of a lifetime. =\\
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Reply
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Reply
post #73 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
It's not unacceptable. It's just dishonest. If someone wants to come out and say that he is so dillusioned with Bush that he's going to support Bush's opponent, no matter what, hey fine. But to display campaign signs and enthusiastically support someone just because the candidate is NOT the other? That's just ridiculous.

My "Ten Reasons to Vote for John Kerry" Series From My Weblog:

10. John Kerry Supports Stem Cell Research
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000156.html

9. John Kerry Will Improve Access to Health Care
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000157.html

8. John Kerry Supports Civil Unions
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000159.html

7. John Kerry Will Better Secure the Homeland
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000160.html

6. John Kerry Will Better Support Education
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000162.html

5. John Kerry Will End the War on Dissent
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000164.html

4. John Kerry Will Restore America's Fiscal Sanity
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000165.html

3. John Kerry Will Combat Outsourcing
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000166.html

2. John Kerry Will Do Better in Iraq
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000167.html

1. John Kerry Will Fight a Better War on Terror
http://kirkmcpike.com/archives/000168.html
post #74 of 87
^^^^^^^^^

I didn't know you had taken up writing fiction.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #75 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
^^^^^^^^^

I didn't know you had taken up writing fiction.

Nick


How is it fiction? We already no the fu^k ups Bush has done.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #76 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
It's not unacceptable. It's just dishonest. If someone wants to come out and say that he is so dillusioned with Bush that he's going to support Bush's opponent, no matter what, hey fine. But to display campaign signs and enthusiastically support someone just because the candidate is NOT the other? That's just ridiculous.

Hey it works for me! Nobody could be as bad as Bush!

And if he won he wouldn't have to play nice. He doesn't have to get reelected so what's to stop him? So if you think the last 4 years have been bad.....

He's got to go!




OUT THE DOOR IN 2004!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #77 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
How is it fiction? We already no the fu^k ups Bush has done.

Welcome to jimmac's world. Left is right. Up is down. Finally, we all love Big Brother.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #78 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellowship
SDW2001 I respect that yourself and I have differences over the choice of the President of the US.

I respect your choice to support and vote for Bush for what ever reason(s) you so choose to do so.

I have voted for Kerry and I did so as a guy who voted for Bush last go round. Bush was not what he claimed to be. He is not conservative with the finances of the country. He creates wedge issues such as an ammendment to "protect" marriage from gays. This is not an action of a uniter as Bush claimed but rather this is the action of a divider. He said we should not nation-build but he has done just that several times over under his watch.

Bush has unfunded mandates which have been underfunded at the federal level while state and local level govt's have to increase property taxes etc. to fund the unfunded portions of no child left behind which Bush has left partially unfunded.

The amount of money this admin. in burning through on an unjust war in Iraq makes me sick as well due to lost lives both innocent Iraqi and American.

Bush says he is tough on the WOT but if this were the case OBL would be dead or captured by now.

If we were tough on the WOT A.Q. Kahn would not be a free man today holding on to the 10's of $millions made from the sale of WMD supplies and info.

Vote for Bush if you must but don't be stubbornly obtuse and pretend I have no reason(s) to vote for Kerry. I voted for Kerry because I believe he can do a better and smarter job of fighting a WOT than Bush.

Even if we disagree over the choice for President I respect your right to vote for who you see fit.

Fellows

Fellowship,

You have still not indicated why you voted for Kerry. The only attempt you made at doing so was to say that you believe he will be better at fighting the WOT. You didn't say why he would, or indicate how he'd do things differently. You point to unfunded mandates as if they were a fact, even though I doubt you can point to s specific one. The federal education budget, for example, has gone up almost 50% in three and a half years. How is that underfunded? If Bush has not been fiscally conservative, how can you turn around and in the same breath, say that he has underfunded things?

Your position on Kerry just makes no sense.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #79 of 87
SDW:

If I was a still a mod, I would have to request that you be banned until 2 weeks after the election. There is absolutely no call at all for the tone you are taking here and in all of these other threads.

Fellowship did nothing to deserve this kind of bile and you add nothing to the forum but anger and bitterness. Maybe you should take a break from all of this until you learn how to act like an adult.

Lucky for you, I'm not a mod anymore.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #80 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
SDW:

If I was a still a mod, I would have to request that you be banned until 2 weeks after the election. There is absolutely no call at all for the tone you are taking here and in all of these other threads.

Fellowship did nothing to deserve this kind of bile and you add nothing to the forum but anger and bitterness. Maybe you should take a break from all of this until you learn how to act like an adult.

Lucky for you, I'm not a mod anymore.

Lucky for everyone you're not a mod anymore. Absolute silencing of any and all dissenting opinion is not a discussion. It is a police state which many on the left like yourself seem to endorse. You do so because your ideals do not convince and so you want to resort to force.

Why don't you go back and look at the nice thread where Fellowship equivocated about voting for Kerry and even said he would vote for Bush for a short period of time. There is some seriously real hate and tone in there. You remember the both parties suck thread? Three pages of pure hate directed at Dale just because he said he would vote for Bush. No groovy Groverat grumbling there.

SDW does nothing more than complain that Fellowship doesn't make sense. I love Fellowship to death but he does seem to go back and forth on a lot of matters. He sometimes seems very much to cater to what is popular. That is his business and it makes his vote for Kerry very appropriate. However pointing out that what is popular isn't always right doesn't make one hateful or mean.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Doing my part for the country (Pics)