or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Doing my part for the country (Pics)

Doing my part for the country (Pics) - Page 3

post #81 of 87
I agree with Nick, I don't think there's anything wrong with what SDW is posting.

Anybody but Bush/Anybody but Cheney 2004!
post #82 of 87
I don't read most of these threads. I comment on what I see.

Quote:
Lucky for everyone you're not a mod anymore. Absolute silencing of any and all dissenting opinion is not a discussion. It is a police state which many on the left like yourself seem to endorse. You do so because your ideals do not convince and so you want to resort to force.

Silencing personal attacks is not silencing "all dissenting opinion". It's not about SDW being conservative, it's about him trying to start a fight and being a troll. Learn to tell the difference.
proud resident of a failed state
post #83 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
[B]The federal education budget, for example, has gone up almost 50% in three and a half years. How is that underfunded?

It's underfunded because Bush set up a system like this:

If a school does well enough in testing, it gets $X per student.

However, if it does too poorly, it loses $Y per student.

And then he underfunded his own measure, by the standards of the bill, so that even if a school does everything it is supposed to, it doesn't get the $X per student it was promised, but a lower sum of money. Meanwhile, schools that are trailing are still fully punished.

In other words, Bush set up a carrot and stick approach and then at the last minute took away much of the carrot.

The question isn't if funding went up, it's if it went up to the degree that Bush promised it would. It has not.
post #84 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
I don't read most of these threads. I comment on what I see.

Silencing personal attacks is not silencing "all dissenting opinion". It's not about SDW being conservative, it's about him trying to start a fight and being a troll. Learn to tell the difference.

Apparently you consider conservatism to equal a personal attack. Can you find the hate speech you claim in SDW's posts? Can you quote it? Of course you can't because SDW did nothing more than point out that Fellowship had voted anybody but Bush. People can vote for whomever they want for whatever reason they desire. SDW simply questioned the motives. That isn't hateful.

Find the personal attack. Quote it for me. Otherwise you are the troll and you don't realize the difference which is why it is good you aren't a mod anymore.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #85 of 87
Quote:
Apparently you consider conservatism to equal a personal attack. Can you find the hate speech you claim in SDW's posts? Can you quote it?

Hate speech? What are you talking about? Where did I say that?

Quote:
Find the personal attack. Quote it for me. Otherwise you are the troll and you don't realize the difference which is why it is good you aren't a mod anymore.

Interesting that you will outright lie about what I say and then pull this "Quote it for me." garbage.

Damn me for getting continually suckered into this crap.

If I was an admin, I would ban myself.
post #86 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
If I was an admin, I would ban myself.

Haha. I've wanted to ban my IP lots of times.
post #87 of 87
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirkland
It's underfunded because Bush set up a system like this:

If a school does well enough in testing, it gets $X per student.

However, if it does too poorly, it loses $Y per student.

And then he underfunded his own measure, by the standards of the bill, so that even if a school does everything it is supposed to, it doesn't get the $X per student it was promised, but a lower sum of money. Meanwhile, schools that are trailing are still fully punished.

In other words, Bush set up a carrot and stick approach and then at the last minute took away much of the carrot.

The question isn't if funding went up, it's if it went up to the degree that Bush promised it would. It has not.

allow me to just say that there are a LOT of louisiana teachers who hate bush to the core for exactly what you mention. some on the other side would say they dug their own grave, but the only schools around here with resources are the private ones. money might not equal education, but it sure makes it easier faster.

there are so many causes i think i'd have to give to if i ever won the friggin' lottery, there'd be nothing left for me.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Doing my part for the country (Pics)