or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Intimidate Voter Intimidation!

Intimidate Voter Intimidation!

post #1 of 11
It is an Article of Faith among the Left-Leaning Faithful that Massive Voter Intimidation contributed to the last four Hellish Bush years.

Might I suggest that all Left-Leaning Faithful bring video cameras to their polling places to record any acts of voter intimidation? (Remember to take the lens caps off.) That way, the proof will be there for all the world to see, and it won't be a case of he-said/she-said again.

It's a tragic shame that there were no news services equipped with video equipment in existance to record that crime wave and of course, personal video cameras weren't invented and generally available to the general public until some time after the 2000 election. Doubtless there would have been oodles of video of the actual act of stealing of the election....

Thankfully, the Party of The Trial Lawyers has since successfully brought up many, many, many people on charges of voter intimidation from the 2000 election and gotten convictions in many, many of those cases.

"Not."

Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
post #2 of 11
That's a great idea. Intimidate the intimidaters with video cameras. We all know the media doesn't run with "stories", they run with "video".

Also, most of the GOP's hired thugs will not want to be on camera for fear of being the poster child of voter intimidation. They won't want their personal reputations trashed. A video camera can be a very powerful thing indeed.

I will be taking my Handycam with me to the polls.

Will you?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #3 of 11
what are the laws with regard to video recording devices in/around polling places? is there any reason for them to cause a problem? What about inside the booths?
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Aries 1B
It is an Article of Faith among the Left-Leaning Faithful that Massive Voter Intimidation contributed to the last four Hellish Bush years.

Might I suggest that all Left-Leaning Faithful bring video cameras to their polling places to record any acts of voter intimidation? (Remember to take the lens caps off.) That way, the proof will be there for all the world to see, and it won't be a case of he-said/she-said again.

It's a tragic shame that there were no news services equipped with video equipment in existance to record that crime wave and of course, personal video cameras weren't invented and generally available to the general public until some time after the 2000 election. Doubtless there would have been oodles of video of the actual act of stealing of the election....

Thankfully, the Party of The Trial Lawyers has since successfully brought up many, many, many people on charges of voter intimidation from the 2000 election and gotten convictions in many, many of those cases.

"Not."

Aries 1B

Oh, we will. Nobody expected the GOP to be so brazenly extralegal last time out, but I assure you, the left has learned its lesson: there is virtually nothing the GOP won't do to secure an election, at long as it thinks it can get away with it.

Deal with it, monkey boy.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #5 of 11
In Florida, apparently, there are sanctioned GOP poll watchers . . .

They are being encouraged to "challenge" voters that are coming to vote as to whether they are elligable or not . .

What exactly will constitute a "challenge"?

ARTICLE

Besides that blatant attempt at influencing the vote discussed in the article there is also this list of vote issues in FL: from the article:[QUOTE* In Broward County, officials searched for 58,000 ballots that have not been returned. Officials said they sent 126,220 absentee ballots on Oct. 7-8, yet half of those have not been received by elections officials. The U.S. Post Office denied any responsibility, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said its investigation found no criminal violations. Elections officials planned to send new ballots by overnight mail to any voter requesting a new form.

* In Pinellas County, officials acknowledged that nearly 300 St. Petersburg voters received absentee ballots that were missing the second of two pages.

Supervisor Deborah Clark's office mailed the missing page to affected voters along with an explanation and a postage-paid envelope.

* State elections officials urged county supervisors to post signs or put up ropes to ensure privacy for voting booths after reports of campaigning at early voting sites.

* Computers used to check voter registrations were slow or malfunctioning in Broward, Duval and Hillsborough counties. On Tuesday, Hillsborough County's registration network went down for about 30 minutes. Workers used the telephone to verify registrations.

* Long lines at early voting precincts were reported throughout the Tampa Bay area and the state. Hillsborough reported 43,000 early voters as of Tuesday. Early voters in Pinellas reported lines of more than two hours in some locations.[/QUOTE]
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #6 of 11
Things in Ohio are looking up: http://www.mydd.com/story/2004/10/28/192844/76#readmore

GOP shill may be heading to court for fraud herself...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Oh, we will. Nobody expected the GOP to be so brazenly extralegal last time out, but I assure you, the left has learned its lesson: there is virtually nothing the GOP won't do to secure an election, at long as it thinks it can get away with it.

Deal with it, monkey boy.

I didn't call you any names, did I?

Aries 1B
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
That's a great idea. Intimidate the intimidaters with video cameras. We all know the media doesn't run with "stories", they run with "video".

Also, most of the GOP's hired thugs will not want to be on camera for fear of being the poster child of voter intimidation. They won't want their personal reputations trashed. A video camera can be a very powerful thing indeed.

I will be taking my Handycam with me to the polls.

Will you?

As a matter of fact, I will.

Now why weren't we barraged with video of all those incidents of voter fraud in 2000? Where are all those tapes?

Aries 1B
post #9 of 11
You don't have to intimidate voters to play dirty:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/28/201853/53
post #10 of 11
Quote:
I didn't call you any names, did I?

Aries 1B

Amongst my peoples "monkey-boy" is a term of affection, as in: "well, it looks like that's the last of the antibiotics, monkey-boy. Now dance!"
post #11 of 11
Quote:
As a matter of fact, I will.

Now why weren't we barraged with video of all those incidents of voter fraud in 2000? Where are all those tapes?

Aries 1B

Like I said, we didn't see it coming. People don't just habitually bring camcorders with them when they vote, unless they expect something's going down.

Last time we didn't. This time, camcorders and stun grenades.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Intimidate Voter Intimidation!