or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The REAL "October Surprise"

The REAL "October Surprise"

post #1 of 23
Well well well....

Read it, and then remember I was saying exactly this would happen:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2637-6257r.htm

Time to call names.

Proceed.
post #2 of 23
Quote:
John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, "almost certainly" removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad.

Quote:
Pentagon spokesman Larry DiRita could not be reached for comment.

Quote:
Mr. Shaw said foreign intelligence officials believe the Russians worked with Saddam's Mukhabarat intelligence service to separate out special weapons, including high explosives and other arms and related technology, from standard conventional arms spread out in some 200 arms depots.
The Russian weapons were then sent out of the country to Syria, and possibly Lebanon in Russian trucks, Mr. Shaw said.
Mr. Shaw said he believes that the withdrawal of Russian-made weapons and explosives from Iraq was part of plan by Saddam to set up a "redoubt" in Syria that could be used as a base for launching pro-Saddam insurgency operations in Iraq.

According to beliefs, this movement happened in early 2003 after negotiations failed. Now the US has a number of spy satellites in the area along with Israel and at that point in time, they were planning for war. Any movement especially across the border would not go unnoticed. Which raises the second question, if the weapons were removed from country and the US knew about it, why did they attack Iraq?

Also, a number of eye witnesses say they saw the material. Shaw denies it. I would rather believe the people in the field who saw the arms as opposed to Mr. Shaw who sits behind his comfy desk.

One of Rumsfield's goons has a lot of beliefs and your intelligent newspapers come up with a sensational title.

Fuck Shaw and his beliefs.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #3 of 23
... and you believe this, right?

Of course you do. Silly me.
meh
meh
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Well well well....

Read it, and then remember I was saying exactly this would happen:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2637-6257r.htm

Time to call names.

Proceed.

Do they pay you or is it just a hobby ?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 23
And US believed that iraq almost certainly had WoMDs before the war.

Oh no. Sorry. You had absolute proof they had and look how that went. So the two qualifiers problably mean that there is no doubt that Russia did not move the stuff.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Do they pay you or is it just a hobby ?

Define THEY.

post #7 of 23
...although the terrorists think that the Wash Times report is wrong:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...0436129648.htm
post #8 of 23
Quote:
...although the terrorists think that the Wash Times report is wrong:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...0436129648.htm

What do you think of this bit:

Quote:
Al-Karar Brigade, said it had coordinated with officers and soldiers of the American intelligence to obtain a huge amount of the explosives that were in the al-Qaqaa facility.''

I bolded the relevant bit for you.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
What do you think of this bit:

I bolded the relevant bit for you.

And you believe them why?
post #10 of 23
Quote:
And you believe them why?

This is classic

You post a link.

I quote something from that link that appears to be against your, admittedly highly circumscribed, world-view asking your opinion of it.

Your response is as above.

This is comedy gold - really.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
This is classic

You post a link.

I quote something from that link that appears to be against your, admittedly highly circumscribed, world-view asking your opinion of it.

So answer the question, in a funny way, if you have to.

I think this groups credibility is a big factor. I don't find that funny.

So, again - you buy what they say why? Based on what?

Give it a whirl, see if you can answer that simple question.
post #12 of 23
It seems that a embedded film crew has footage of the military inspecting the weapons cache after the war had started.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3723.html?cat=1
post #13 of 23
Quote:
So answer the question, in a funny way, if you have to.

I think this groups credibility is a big factor. I don't find that funny.

So, again - you buy what they say why? Based on what?

Give it a whirl, see if you can answer that simple question.

I can't, I just can't - you see: I never said I believed it.

Like so many things, your proposition exists only as a product of your over-heated imagination.

Let me simplify it for you as it seems that is what is necessary for progress:

If YOU believe the contents of your quoted post then what do YOU think of the assertion that the US helped the terrorists gain access to the explosives ?

Or (if you prefer)

if YOU do not believe the contents of your quoted post then WTF ARE YOU PLAYING AT ??????

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX And you believe them why?

Quote:
This is classic
You post a link.

I have never, ever seen this before. I honestly couldn't stop laughing.
post #15 of 23
Interesting link InactionMan. Attach enough wind turbines to that White House spin room right now and power all of the East Coast.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
I can't, I just can't - you see: I never said I believed it.

Like so many things, your proposition exists only as a product of your over-heated imagination.

Let me simplify it for you as it seems that is what is necessary for progress:

If YOU believe the contents of your quoted post then what do YOU think of the assertion that the US helped the terrorists gain access to the explosives ?

Or (if you prefer)

if YOU do not believe the contents of your quoted post then WTF ARE YOU PLAYING AT ??????

OK fine. I don't believe it either. But why would a terrorists group claim that US operatives helped them move explosives for them to use later against the US?

They want to help JK. How many ways can it be said. They want to help get Kerry in office so he will pull out of Iraq. They apparently have the impression that he may waffle under pressure and turn against his own military. I can't imagine where they got that idea.

Can you?
post #17 of 23
Quote:
OK fine. I don't believe it either. But why would a terrorists group claim that US operatives helped them move explosives for them to use later against the US?

LMAO Emphasis mine.
Quote:
They want to help JK. How many ways can it be said. They want to help get Kerry in office so he will pull out of Iraq. They apparently have the impression that he may waffle under pressure and turn against his own military. I can't imagine where they got that idea.

Please save this outrageous bullshit for sites such as "Clinton body count" and "FreeRepublic".
post #18 of 23
Didn't you already have this conversation going on in another thread, naples? Will a mod please lock one or merge them?

BTW: why the hell would anyone remotely sane look at this statement and not heavily question it? He might as well tell you that he has information that the earth has two moons. All we have is his word.

He's a bush defense department official tasked with explaining away a possible major bush defense department screw up.

Not to mention the timing. How come this information didn't getting to US leadership sooner?
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
LMAO Emphasis mine.
Please save this outrageous bullshit for sites such as "Clinton body count" and "FreeRepublic".

Ok hind-hovel, how do you explain this? Or are you saying you believe it?
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally posted by InactionMan
It seems that a embedded film crew has footage of the military inspecting the weapons cache after the war had started.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3723.html?cat=1

Did you wingnuts even see this? Care to respond?

THERE IS APPARENT VIDEO PROOF IN THIS REPORT THAT BUSH IS EITHER LYING OR HE IS JUST FLAT OUT WRONG.
post #21 of 23

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Did you wingnuts even see this? Care to respond?

THERE IS APPARENT VIDEO PROOF IN THIS REPORT THAT BUSH IS EITHER LYING OR HE IS JUST FLAT OUT WRONG.

A commercial told me tonight that Bush is NEVER wrong. So we are forced to go with the first assertion I guess.

The weapons where not there before the war started guys!!! Bush told me this today in Pontiac. Well, he actually ridiculed Kerry for pointing out his[Bush's] own failings but the effect is the same.

In regards to the above conversation with segovius: Wow, some truly funny shit!!!

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your evenings. I have too many things to CNC before tomorrow. Thanks for the laugh BTW.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #23 of 23
From Salon Warroom:
Quote:
Al Qaqaa story continues to explode

An ABC affiliate in Minneapolis is reporting today that it may have evidence of the hundreds of tons of powerful explosives missing from Al Qaqaa in Iraq, in footage taken at the site by one of the station's news crews well after U.S. troops invaded Iraq.

"Using GPS technology and talking with members of the 101st Airborne Division, 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS has determined the crew embedded with the troops may have been on the southern edge of the Al Qaqaa installation, where the ammunition disappeared. The news crew was based just south of Al Qaqaa, and drove two or three miles north of there with soldiers on April 18, 2003. ...

"In one bunker, there were boxes marked with the name 'Al Qaqaa'... Once the doors to the bunkers were opened, they weren't secured. They were left open when the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS crew and the military went back to their base.

"'We weren't quite sure what were looking at, but we saw so much of it and it didn't appear that this was being secured in any way,' said photojournalist Joe Caffrey. 'It was several miles away from where military people were staying in their tents'.

"Officers with the 101st Airborne told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the bunkers were within the U.S. military perimeter and protected. But Caffrey and former 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS Reporter Dean Staley, who spent three months together in Iraq, said Iraqis were coming and going freely.

"'At one point there was a group of Iraqis driving around in a pick-up truck,' Staley said. 'Three or four guys we kept an eye on, worried they might come near us.'"

Several still images from the KSTP footage taken during the war can be viewed on their site; the station says the footage is now in the hands of "security experts" who will determine if the stockpiles they filmed contained the same kind of sophisticated conventional explosives, HMX and RDX, that went missing.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The REAL "October Surprise"