or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Your voting experience

Your voting experience

post #1 of 7
This thread is for sharing how your voting experience went be it early voting, election day or other.

What type of system was used in your area to cast a vote?

Was the turnout really heavy?

Do you feel glad to be part of the process?

Feel free to add any other comments.

I voted today ( October28, 2004 ) which is early voting. The system used to cast votes was an electronic tablet. It seemed very clear and easy to use. I had no trouble using it.

The turnout for Early voting in my area was very heavy.

I was glad to be a part of the process.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #2 of 7
I voted absentee ballot.

However, I live in Studio City so my district will be overwhelmingly Kerry. Heck, my state will be overwhelmiingly Kerry.

I used to live in Orange County and voted in a precinct that experienced difficulty with the electronic voting machines (during the Schwarzy re-decision election). So I've vowed to never vote via a Republican owned voting system.

Absentee ballot all the way. Besides it's just easier.

Now let's just hope I don't have a Republican mail carrier!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #3 of 7
I went in to City Hall here in lovely Eau Claire WI, in order to register to vote. I quickly discovered that I could vote that day.

As we were voting my wife jokingly asked my daughter, of 23-months, who we wanted to win . . . and my daughter yelled out John Kerry . . . I was mortified, I felt that it was very poor form to do that . . . the guy who was registering me said that we couldn't do that here . . . plug a candidate. . . . my wife felt embarassed and guilty
The thing was is that we had had the NYT Magazine on our kitchen table for a week, the one with a picture of John Kerry on the cover . . and all week my daughter has been asking 'what's that? and 'what's that?' about everything, including that picture. . . . and we, of course would answer, 'that's John Kerry, who we want to be our next President" . . .
I kniw my daughter was smart, but she keeps surprising us everyday . . .

anyway, other than that little silly gaff, voting went smoothly . . . the ballots were the sort where you complete the arrow that points to the candidate that you want.

I suggest to anyone who can: GET OUT AND VOTE EARLY!!!!
avoid an electronic system that is flawed and made by a company that is not above being shady . . . and a system without any paper-tail!!!
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #4 of 7
I voted by absentee ballot. Easy as pie. It was nice to avoid the lines as well. I plan on voting absentee from here on out. It was really easy and didn't take much time at all.

I can't wait for Tuesday to be over... I'm so sick of political ads.
post #5 of 7
Absentee for me, and it was fine. No line, no waiting. Punch cards, no hanging chads. Let's just hope it gets counted.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #6 of 7
Absentee. Obviously.
post #7 of 7
Absentee ballots should only be used by people that truly cannot make it to the polls on election day. For one thing is causes an unneeded burden on the elections officials. Secondly it distorts the election because people are voting before the camping stops.

My county has optical scan, complete the arrow type ballot.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Your voting experience