or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › FBI investigating Haliburton

FBI investigating Haliburton

post #1 of 13
Browse At Will

Some choice quotes, for the news-impaired and headline-only readers:
Quote:
The widening FBI probe revolves around allegations last week by Bunnatine Greenhouse, the Army Corps of Engineers' chief contracting officer, that Halliburton received favorable treatment that brought it billions of dollars worth of no-bid contracts, the Associated Press reported.

Halliburton, an oil services company also engaged in extensive military support work overseas -- including rebuilding Iraq's shattered oil industry -- is already under FBI investigation to determine if it overcharged the U.S. government for fuel used in its Middle East operations..

Why.... WHY.... WHY are so many of my fellow Americans willing to allow these crooks to continue to subvert democracy, just because they wear the "right" t-shirt in the "game" of partisan politics?

Quote:
Finding their company the object of another wave of criticism, suspicion and investigations, officials at Halliburton say the company once headed by Vice President Dick Cheney is the victim of election-year politics. However, the company's chief critic in government, Army Corps of Engineers contracting officer Bunnatine Greenhouse, isn't running for anything, and neither is the FBI.

Greenhouse in 2002 branded Halliburton subsidiary KBR as a contractor that was out of control and "gold-plating" services to drive up costs. She argues that Halliburton should not have been tasked to draw up a plan for emergency oil-field work in Iraq and then awarded a sole-source contract to perform the work after U.S. forces invaded. She alleges that Army officials inappropriately allowed Halliburton representatives to attend discussions of the contract the company was about to receive.

Now the FBI and the Defense Department's inspector general are investigating. Given the Pentagon's long history of harassing people who try to save the taxpayers money, the acting secretary of the Army had to order the suspension of any disciplinary action against Greenhouse.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #2 of 13
and i thought dick cheney was an angel... awwww.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
Why.... WHY.... WHY are so many of my fellow Americans willing to allow these crooks to continue to subvert democracy, just because they wear the "right" t-shirt in the "game" of partisan politics?

Because Dick Cheney is an angel.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #4 of 13
Again more of this administrations of we do what we want and arent accountable for anything. Its a shame all Honor has been removed from the whitehouse but what do you expect from a pair of draft dodging chickenhawks. Iam so ashamed i voted for this spin master.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
... expect from a pair of draft dodging chickenhawks. Iam so ashamed i voted for this spin master.

Feel free to correct this error next week
post #6 of 13
I miss 'scandals' that didn't involve war or massive corruption. It made it so easy to totally ignore politics and go about my daily business.
post #7 of 13
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #8 of 13
The FBI is obviously a wing of the liberal media conspiracy of Jewish queers.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
The FBI is obviously a wing of the liberal media conspiracy of Jewish queers.

Conspiracy of French Jewish queers. Don't you know anything?
post #10 of 13
Communist! French communist Jewish queers! With fake sun tans!!!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #11 of 13
Communist! French communist Volvo driving Birkenstock-wearing tofu-eating Jewish anti-war queers! With fake sun tans!!!
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo
Communist! French communist Volvo driving Birkenstock-wearing tofu-eating Jewish anti-war queers! With fake sun tans!!!

You wind-surfers!!!!
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate

It wasn't CPR from Mr. Kerry. It... it was kissing. *funniest comic line ever*
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › FBI investigating Haliburton