or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Kerry: Liar or Dumb?

Kerry: Liar or Dumb?

post #1 of 22
My records not public

I thought this humorous. Just thought I would share it. I don't believe anything big or huge will come of it, however it is a bit funny.

Quote:
Brokaw: Someone has analyzed the President's military aptitude tests and yours, and concluded that he has a higher IQ than you do.

Kerry: That's great. More power. I don't know how they've done it, because my record is not public. So I don't know where you're getting that from.

First, I'm sharing this because I find it humorous. We don't have to argue whether this will effect the election because I don't think it will, but I do find it funny.

We were told that Kerry has released all aspects of his military records. We've been told this dozens of times. Yet here is Kerry claiming that he DIDN'T release this part of his military record. How can the two statements be consistant?

Of course the part about Kerry not scoring as well on an IQ test as Bush is just as funny as well. Especially since many on the left get their rocks off on claiming that Bush is a total brainless idiot.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 22
The terror alert-o-meter may not be functioning at optimum capacity but the Bushite desperation monitor has gone rocketing off the Richter.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 22
Bush is crap speaker compared to Kerry. Both words and complex sentence structures. He has been described as not 'intellectually curious' (by his friends). He knew MUCH less about foreign affairs then Kerry does as a presidential candidate. He has a worse business record then Kerry and a worse grip of facts and figures.

So: he knows less, is worse at communicating it and his opponent has a record that would show a better grasp of intellectual skills used in business etc.

What sort of intelligence is he good at exactly?
meh
meh
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Harald
What sort of intelligence is he good at exactly?

Rubik's Cube.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #5 of 22
Is Bush's full test public?
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #6 of 22
A certain poster: desperate or hateful?
It's Better To Be Hated For What You Are Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not
It's Better To Be Hated For What You Are Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not
post #7 of 22
You can find his record on the InternetS. A record of a Yale graduate, that can't form two sentences. If it weren't for his typical macho-austrian accent (which I like) Arnold Sch. would be a better english speaker than he is - words-wise, sentences-wise, and general structure-wise. A man admitting publicly he can't speak english, ought not to be the leader of a country that has most of its population speaking english, learning english, or at least, understanding english.

Its like having Jerry Springer running for President of Kenya.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #8 of 22
The responses so far are even more humorous than the Kerry comment. Of course that is because they feature even more spin and twist than apparently even Kerry can muster.

You all should be politicians. You perfectly executed moves where you ignored the actual post and instead talked about what you want to discuss instead.

Nick

post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
The responses so far are even more humorous than the Kerry comment. Of course that is because they feature even more spin and twist than apparently even Kerry can muster.

You all should be politicians. You perfectly executed moves where you ignored the actual post and instead talked about what you want to discuss instead.

Nick

You've offered us the choice of deciding whether Kerry is 'dumb' or 'a liar'. In the piece you quote, Kerry's intelligence is compared to unfavourably to Bush's.

Posters are making the same comparison themselves, finding Bush wanting, and you start whining?

What on earth were you thinking when you started this thread?
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean

Its like having Jerry Springer running for President of Kenya.

English is the official language of Kenya.
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
You've offered us the choice of deciding whether Kerry is 'dumb' or 'a liar'. In the piece you quote, Kerry's intelligence is compared to unfavourably to Bush's.

Posters are making the same comparison themselves, finding Bush wanting, and you start whining?

What on earth were you thinking when you started this thread?

I wouldn't mind comparison or even discussion at this point. All I see so far are one sentence, dismissive, knee-jerk replies that insult.

Nick

post #12 of 22
I think if anyone watched the 3 debates it was clear who had a grasp, who was the brighter guy etc. George continued to stumble when meaning Bin Laden and saying Saddam. Bin Laden attacked us, Bin Laden was a Saudi and Bin Laden is still running the terrorists. I allways wonder why George didnt go after the Saudi's???? Could it be Oil? maybe the fact that George is buddies with the Saudi Royal family? these same Saudi's teach their children the religious dogma of kill the infidel, hate the American and kill the Jew to be taught all over Saudi Arabia and yet we attacked Saddam and ignore the root of the problem.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
...I allways wonder why George didnt go after the Saudi's???? Could it be Oil? maybe the fact that George is buddies with the Saudi Royal family? these same Saudi's teach their children the religious dogma of kill the infidel, hate the American and kill the Jew to be taught all over Saudi Arabia and yet we attacked Saddam and ignore the root of the problem.

Watch "Fahrenheit 9/11" and you'll understand perfectly why we didn't go after the Saudi's.

If you're going to pre-emptively attack another sovereign country as revenge for 9/11, then the American people would've supported the fall of Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia.

Unfortunately, our bumble in Iraq has made us impotent. We can no longer build a coalition, gain support, or utilize our own resources for another invasion. Saudi Arabia, Iran and North Korea know we are stuck in Iraq's quicksand and cannot afford to challenge them.

Thank you Bush.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
English is the official language of Kenya.

I said:

Quote:
A man admitting publicly he can't speak english, ought not to be the leader of a country that has most of its population speaking english, learning english, or at least, understanding english.

Info on Kenya:

Quote:
Republic of Kenya. Jamhuriya Kenya. National or official languages: Swahili, English. 29,008,000 (1998 UN). Literacy rate 45% (1987 official government figure). Also includes Hadrami Spoken Arabic 10,000, Taizzi-Adeni Spoken Arabic 10,000, Hindi, 1,892 from Pakistan (1989 census). Information mainly from W. Whiteley 1969, 1974; Heine and Möhlig 1980; J. Bendor-Samuel 1989; BTL 1983-1999. Christian, traditional religion, Muslim, Baha'i. Blind population 70,000. Deaf institutions: 25. Data accuracy estimate: A1, A2. The number of languages listed for Kenya is 61. Of those, all are living languages. Diversity index 0.90.

Not exactly an English speaking country.
post #15 of 22
Sometimes I just don´t understand why people start certain threads...
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
I said:

Info on Kenya:

Oops. Well, they speak English in Parliament, and the road signs and official stuff is in English. But yeah, Jerry Springer wouldn't be the best Presidential candidate.
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders

perhaps they have nothing better to do. i guess the same can be asked as to why some people bother to respond to certain posts. who knows?
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders

All you really have to do is look at who starts them
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #19 of 22
I'm thinking what he meant is that his military aptitude test records aren't public
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Ra
I'm thinking what he meant is that his military aptitude test records aren't public

Bingo !

Kerry should have been really stupid to make a comment about his IQ. He was not fool enough to make such a dumb comment. Note also that it was not technically possible for him to make a comparison : he is not supposed (and perhaps he don't) to know Bush's records.

There was no way that he could replied to this question, the only thing that he has to do, was avoiding it in a way or an another. By giving the real reason why he has to avoid this question, he gave a very good answer. He proved that he is intelligent at the eyes of the people who are able to appreciate or rate this quality.
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Ra

They are public though. They were in his records that were released.

Here's the article where their IQs are estimated.

BTW, they both appear to have extremely high IQs. According to these estimates, they both have an IQ in the 120s. That's really high.
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
BTW, they both appear to have extremely high IQs. According to these estimates, they both have an IQ in the 120s. That's really high.

You call that high? Meh.

At any rate, these tests were taken many, many brain cells ago in Bush's life. If Bush was that smart, his self-inflicted damage is all the scarier.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Kerry: Liar or Dumb?