or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Reliability of aftermarket Processor Upgrades

Reliability of aftermarket Processor Upgrades

post #1 of 3
I've read several problems with after market processor upgrades, crashing and sleep issues seem to be a problem.

Generally how reliable are the upgrade processors from companies such as Powerlogix and Sonnet?

Are they actually the exact same processors that Apple uses or are they clones? Also, how is the customer service from these two companies?
post #2 of 3
I had a problem with my Sonnet upgrade, Sonnet tech support replied within one day with the solution (clean the card's contacts with an eraser).

Top marks for their tech support.
Stoo
Stoo
post #3 of 3
Not that it bears much relation to the current crop of upgrades, but a few years back I put a Sonnet G3 card in my old 7200. It was a huge performance boost for that machine. The 7200 is now in my office running as a server for a color Postscript printer. It's on 24 hours a day and has run without a hiccup. I'd buy from Sonnet again without hesitation.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Reliability of aftermarket Processor Upgrades