or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tammy Bruce for Bush

Tammy Bruce for Bush

post #1 of 37
An admittedly unfortunate Thread Title, all things considered, but this Lady has stolen the small, remaining part of my heart not possessed by my wife, daughters and mother:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...29/85246.shtml

Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
post #2 of 37
who cares? really now.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #3 of 37
For a "liberal" or a "feminist" she sure regurgitates a lot of right-wing bullshit. And she's posting at NewsMax, a right-wing shill website.

Dumb people of all stripes will vote for Bush. She's no different.
post #4 of 37
what a load of crap...

"hullu, I'm a liberal feminist who thinks Ronald Reagan saved the world..."
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #5 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirkland
For a "liberal" or a "feminist" she sure regurgitates a lot of right-wing bullshit. And she's posting at NewsMax, a right-wing shill website.

Dumb people of all stripes will vote for Bush. She's no different.

Stop bashing on gay people you homophobe.

Quote:
The president and I hold dramatically divergent views on a number of social issues of importance to me, and yet for the 3,000 people who died on September 11th, abortion rights and same-sex civil unions mean absolutely nothing to them now.

That says it best right there. Kerry doesn't support homosexual marriage either, but the people Kerry will empower and energize with his victory want us dead. Neither Bush nor Kerry support homosexual marriage and you can't fight to persuade either of them if you are not safe and alive.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Neither Bush nor Kerry support homosexual marriage and you can't fight to persuade either of them if you are not safe and alive.

It's a good thing Bush got Osama, dead or alive. He's so marginalized now.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #7 of 37
Quote:
Stop bashing on gay people you homophobe.

That says it best right there. Kerry doesn't support homosexual marriage either, but the people Kerry will empower and energize with his victory want us dead. Neither Bush nor Kerry support homosexual marriage and you can't fight to persuade either of them if you are not safe and alive.

Nick

bulrb... since both of them oppose gay marriage, which side opposes it the most?
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by New
bulrb... since both of them oppose gay marriage, which side opposes it the most?

Opposes it the most? Explain that to me. Are you claiming that the opposition of one candidate is insincere?

Nick

post #9 of 37
Obviously she's read her hero's latest book, which is advertised smack-dab in the middle of her article that... talks to to liberals(?)

BWAhaahaaa
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
It's a good thing Bush got Osama, dead or alive. He's so marginalized now.

Yep. Of course when he wanted to influence the election in Spain, he sent bombers. When he wanted to influence the election here, he sent a video. I wonder what caused the change in tactics? Before he was talking about spilling our blood in our streets. Now he is saying he wants us to leave him alone and he will leave us alone. Again, I wonder what caused the change?

Nick

post #11 of 37
Tammy Bruce, eh? Wow...

Who?
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #12 of 37
Quote:
Opposes it the most? Explain that to me. Are you claiming that the opposition of one candidate is insincere?

Nick

You make it out to sound like both sides deal with gauy issues the same way. Do they? Are the republicans and the democrats equal here...?
post #13 of 37
Their positions aren't too different on gay marriage. They both are opposed to gay marriage, but while Kerry explicitly advocates gay civil unions, Bush has a mixed record, wanting to prevent courts from instituting them but "permitting" state legislatures to enact them. It's not clear whether he would actually support gay civil unions or if he just doesn't want to outlaw them completely.

Meanwhile, the RNC mails these things out:

post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by New
You make it out to sound like both sides deal with gauy issues the same way. Do they? Are the republicans and the democrats equal here...?

Can you please just get to a point? I really don't care to have you ask questions around something you wish to state. Just say what you want to say.

Nick

post #15 of 37
Quote:
Before he was talking about spilling our blood in our streets. Now he is saying he wants us to leave him alone and he will leave us alone. Again, I wonder what caused the change?

He's still talking about killing us.
He's always said that if we leave the 'holy' land he'll leave us alone.
The elections haven't happened yet, still time for a train bomb unfortunately.
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Can you please just get to a point? I really don't care to have you ask questions around something you wish to state. Just say what you want to say.

Nick

You know you're wrong, so you're avoiding the point. You should answer the question.

Bush wants to ban gay marriage with a Constitutional amendment and Kerry wants to let the individual states decide.

When you're wrong, you simply avoid the question.
post #17 of 37
Who's tammy bruce and why does anyone care?

I went to the tammy bruce website. Was a whole thread created just to say that a newsmax, frontpage and men's daily news columnist supports bush??

You guys making some odd threads.
post #18 of 37
Quote:
You know you're wrong, so you're avoiding the point. You should answer the question.

Bush wants to ban gay marriage with a Constitutional amendment and Kerry wants to let the individual states decide.

When you're wrong, you simply avoid the question.

Bush and Kerry want the same thing. They want the states to decide but Bush was willing to show that state courts better respect the wishes and will of their own people. There are already idiotic judges attempting to toss state constitutional amendments. How the hell do you interpret a constitution to say you can't amend it in some manner the judge doesn't like?

Bush pushed his amendment mostly as a political move. It died without getting out of either house. However Bush could use that action as proof he would deal with courts that have moved from activist to radicalism. When you have a judge claiming you can't amend the document they are supposed to use to decide the law, that is a radical view.

I believe Bush and Kerry have the same view on homosexual marriage and Bush basically took an action to show he would work against radical judicial views. If you don't believe a judge overturning constitutional amendments is radical, that is your view and you are welcome to it. But the Bush move was appropriate given the moves of some judges.

Nick

post #19 of 37
That's a nice story you tell yourself, but in the end the fact remains that bush pushed for the amendment and the gay community is extremely pissed about it, as they should be.
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Who's tammy bruce and why does anyone care?

I went to the tammy bruce website. Was a whole thread created just to say that a newsmax, frontpage and men's daily news columnist supports bush??

You guys making some odd threads.

Tammy Bruce was and is a very strong leftist figure on most social issues. You could think of her as maybe a less popular Andrew Sullivan. She was pretty high up in NOW for the Los Angeles chapter. She is very pro-choice and also very pro-gun. The top NOW leaders attempted to silence her (if I recall correctly) because she was advocating how Nicole Simpson could have dealt with O.J. if she owned and were trained to use a gun or something along those lines. The attempted silence basically broke her loose from the hard left. She now write some some right sources but her views are much like Sullivan's in being a mixture of many sides. She also, like Sullivan happens to be gay.

Nick

post #21 of 37
Quote:
That's a nice story you tell yourself, but in the end the fact remains that bush pushed for the amendment and the gay community is extremely pissed about it, as they should be.

Let them be pissed because that is the reality of the matter. When judges toss state constitutional amendments that have been approved by the appropriate majority, that is a radical move and perspective. In this instance it happens to be on an issue that many support, homosexual marriage, but you don't toss the baby out with the bathwater. You don't get a right by trampling all over the documents that secure those rights in the first place. Some have claimed this is what Bush was doing, but I think if Bush truly wanted the amendment, he would have picked a stronger version and attempted to lobby and get them out of at least the house. Neither happened.

Nick

post #22 of 37
Quote:
maybe a less popular Andrew Sullivan.

Apparently FAR less popular.
Quote:
her views are much like Sullivan's in being a mixture of many sides.

Judging from her website, her views are nothing like sullivan's and dramatically (shockingly) more immature.
Quote:
She also, like Sullivan happens to be gay.

So? 1/4 of the people I work with (including 90% of our technology division) are gay. Does it have any significant bearing on why she's not just another newsmax hack, as her website shows?
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Bush pushed his amendment mostly as a political move.

And as a political move, those that are against the amendment should punish Bush by not giving him a vote.
post #24 of 37
Quote:
There are already idiotic judges attempting to toss state constitutional amendments.

Can you give specifics about this? It doesn't make sense. If the amendment is approved in the legal manner, a judge shouldn't be able to overturn it.

I personally prefer judges to interpret our rights broadly. Strict constructionists want our rights narrowly defined, i.e., to allow them to be voted away. I can't support that, nor can I understand how anyone else would want that. Especially conservatives, who try to sell themselves as believing in fundamental God-given rights and liberties.
post #25 of 37
Quote:
If you don't believe a judge overturning constitutional amendments is radical, that is your view and you are welcome to it. But the Bush move was appropriate given the moves of some judges.

When did a court inappropriately overturn an amendment based on a different law?
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Apparently FAR less popular.

Judging from her website, her views are nothing like sullivan's and dramatically (shockingly) more immature.

So? 1/4 of the people I work with (including 90% of our technology division) are gay. Does it have any significant bearing on why she's not just another newsmax hack, as her website shows?

Were those people the youngest elected president of a NOW chapter? Did they lead a NOW chapter for seven years?

You asked who she is and no one claimed you had to like her. Some love Maher but hate his views on women and marriage. Call her whatever you want and think whatever you want. She's pro-choice, pro-gun, and pro-death penalty. Most "newsmax hacks" don't serve on the national board of NOW. If who picks up her writing turns you off to even reading it, then it is your mind that is closed off.

Nick

post #27 of 37
Quote:
Were those people the youngest elected president of a NOW chapter? Did they lead a NOW chapter for seven years?

You asked who she is and no one claimed you had to like her. Some love Maher but hate his views on women and marriage. Call her whatever you want and think whatever you want. She's pro-choice, pro-gun, and pro-death penalty. Most "newsmax hacks" don't serve on the national board of NOW. If who picks up her writing turns you off to even reading it, then it is your mind that is closed off.

Nick

None of this means she's popular. She's a relative unknown compared to Sullivan.
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
Can you give specifics about this? It doesn't make sense. If the amendment is approved in the legal manner, a judge shouldn't be able to overturn it.

I personally prefer judges to interpret our rights broadly. Strict constructionists want our rights narrowly defined, i.e., to allow them to be voted away. I can't support that, nor can I understand how anyone else would want that. Especially conservatives, who try to sell themselves as believing in fundamental God-given rights and liberties.

Judge tosses amendment

Nick

post #29 of 37
Quote:
None of this means she's popular. She's a relative unknown compared to Sullivan.

I don't believe I described her as being as popular or more popular than Sullivan. Are you just fishing in the air today?

Nick

post #30 of 37
Quote:
Judge tosses amendment

Nick

So the original ballot violated state law, and it's wrong of the judge to throw the amendment out? You're insane. Go back, make a valid legal ballot, pass your two amendments and be done with it.

If Bush, via executive privilege, added an amendment to the Constitution and a judge threw it out, would that be a crazy radical judge?
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Judge tosses amendment

Nick

That does seems a little fishy, and it probably won't be upheld. But the argument for overturning it was that it violated the state constitution's rules on how amendments should be written. That certainly is valid grounds for overturning an amendment.
post #32 of 37
Quote:
So the original ballot violated state law, and it's wrong of the judge to throw the amendment out? You're insane. Go back, make a valid legal ballot, pass your two amendments and be done with it.

If Bush, via executive privilege, added an amendment to the Constitution and a judge threw it out, would that be a crazy radical judge?

It was drawn up by the legislature. It was approved by the people. The judges contention is nothing but fantasy.

Our very first amendment gives us freedom of speech AND freedom of relgion.

Can you find the provision within their own constitution or state law that the amendment violated? The judge simply decreed he thought it too broad. There is no basis for that.

Your example with Bush is LAME because Bush would not have used the official procedure to amend the Constitution. Every procedure was followed here and the judge simply ruled he thought the amendment was too broad. That isn't a valid legal basis since all parties understood what marriage and civil unions happen to be.

Nick

post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
That does seems a little fishy, and it probably won't be upheld. But the argument for overturning it was that it violated the state constitution's rules on how amendments should be written. That certainly is valid grounds for overturning an amendment.

The basis I read was that it addressed more than one issue. There was no indication that this violated any law though that is a contention by those opposing the amendment. I've never read anywhere that a state law must be so narrow as to only address one individual issue. The judge indicated he thought some people bad been disenfranchised who wanted to support civil unions but didn't wish to support homosexual marriage but that sort of second guessing isn't his to make. So he threw out the amendment on that basis saying it shouldn't have addressed both. That is nonsense. Look at how many issues the fourteenth amendment to the federal Constitution addresses.

Nick

post #34 of 37
Quote:
Can you find the provision within their own constitution or state law that the amendment violated?

I don't have to because the judge already did. And it has nothing to do with our U.S. Constitution. It's a State Constitution that we're talking about, and Lousiana might have different rules on how to write or prepare amendments than we do for the U.S. Constitution. You don't know. That's why the Bush analogy is OK, because according to what I've read the process for getting this amendment passed was flawed making the amendment unlawful.
post #35 of 37
Here's the relevant part from the Louisiana Constitution.
Quote:
(B) Form of Proposal. A proposed amendment shall have a title containing a brief summary of the changes proposed; shall be confined to one object; and shall set forth the entire article, or the sections or other subdivisions thereof, as proposed to be revised or only the article, sections, or other subdivisions proposed to be added.

Like I said, it seems fishy, and I don't know if invalidating both gay marriage and civil unions should be considered more than "one object," but that's the basis on which it was overturned.
post #36 of 37
Quote:
OW ... a NOW ... Most "newsmax hacks" don't serve on the national board of NOW.

Like I said, SO?

Here's her website:

http://www.tammybruce.com/

Immature newsmax hack garbage.
Quote:
If who picks up her writing turns you off to even reading it, then it is your mind that is closed off.

We're talking about newsmax. The level of reliability of the information there hovers between 0 and .01 percent.
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Like I said, SO?

Here's her website:

http://www.tammybruce.com/

Immature newsmax hack garbage.

Tammy Bruce nonperson sub-crimethink ref Republicanpositivity.

Aries 1B
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tammy Bruce for Bush