or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jobs Are Still Bad

Jobs Are Still Bad - Page 2

post #41 of 58
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
COULD YOU POSSIBLY LIE MORE OBVIOUSLY?

You didn't mean to say growth rate? A 3 sentence long typo? Absolutely, positively pathetic.

I don't think it was a typo, but it was a brain fart. He wasn't trying to lie with the 5.4 figure. He just mixed his figures up because he was careless. Thank God he's not a journalist. But I would be afraid to witness some of the "facts" he must "casually" tell his students.
post #42 of 58
Quote:
COULD YOU POSSIBLY LIE MORE OBVIOUSLY?

You didn't mean to say growth rate? A 3 sentence long typo? Absolutely, positively pathetic.

It's not three sentences long. It is also easy to see and believe because there is no time in recent memory that the economy has grown at 5.4% whereas they unemployment rate this month just happens to be... 5.4%.

Try it in there and see if it makes sense...

We've ignored things like the 5.4% unemployment rate. The actual growth of the economy. The slight raise in interest rates to offset an economy that might actually risk overheating because it is so strong.

I'm pointing out three ignored factors besides the housing market that we already discussed.

Think whatever you want though. I know my brain sometimes whips along faster than my fingers. When I read something of yours in another thread that was an incomprehensible mishmash, I asked you to simply restate it. I didn't get all weird and pissed off like you are here.

But to each their own I suppose...

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #43 of 58
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
I don't think it was a typo, but it was a brain fart. He wasn't trying to lie with the 5.4 figure. He just mixed his figures up because he was careless. Thank God he's not a journalist. But I would be afraid to witness some of the "facts" he must "casually" tell his students.

Yep, I may be careless, but you're just plain stupid.

Oh and of course we don't have to worry about you witnessing what would happen with students because they wouldn't let someone like you within a mile of the building.

Nick

post #44 of 58
How do you live with yourself lying so openly like that? Even after your obvious, crystal clear lie is pointed out you continue to lie about it.

Is even a minute amount of honesty too much to ask from you?

Note, too, that this whole line of conversation started with:
Quote:
And that's why you are careless and make mistakes.

to which you responded
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Care to point out my mistakes? Go ahead, put them on display for all to see...So that would be a "no" on being able to outline my mistakes. Nice to see you can still turn it into a personal insult though since you have no backing.

Actually, nick, it's a definite YES on being able to not only outline your mistakes, but also your subsequent lies about them.
post #45 of 58
Quote:
How do you live with yourself lying so openly like that? Even after your obvious, crystal clear lie is pointed out you continue to lie about it.

Is even a minute amount of honesty too much to ask from you?

Note, too, that this whole line of conversation started with:

to which you responded

Actually, nick, it's a definite YES on being able to not only outline your mistakes, but also your subsequent lies about them.

Giant anyone with half a brain can see that the current unemployment rate is 5.4% and that my fingers got ahead of themselves. It is even easier to understand this since the next sentence does mention growth.

But have your little fun. Tuesday is here. I'm going to vote. The UNEMLOYMENT RATE, which is what this thread still happens to be about is still 5.4% nationwide and will get even better when the latest report is released in three days or so.

Delude yourself all you want.

Nick

post #46 of 58
Quote:
Giant anyone with half a brain can see that the current unemployment rate is 5.4% and that my fingers got ahead of themselves. It is even easier to understand this since the next sentence does mention growth.

Why in the world would you so openly continue to lie about something that is right in front of everyone?
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman and now he's STILL flat out lying about it
We've ignored things like the 5.4% growth rate. The actual growth of the economy. The slight raise in interest rates to offset an economy that might actually risk overheating because it is so strong.

post #47 of 58
Quote:

Nick, even if I knew nothing of your political views, your debating etiquette is enough to make me despise you.

I have the utmost respect for people who are willing to admit their own mistakes. The smartest people Ive ever met are, ironically, also those who admit their mistakes. Were talking Nobel Prize winners. Ive seen a handful of them speak and all of them were introspective, the first to point out their own errors.

You made mistakes when composing your thoughts for posting to this board. I do it all the time. Everybody does. The question is, are you willing to admit to this incredibly minor error? Nobody would think less of you for doing so. But instead, you claim that it is the readers mistake for not recognizing a three sentence long typo.

If you are so unwilling to admit this casual error, why should we trust your stances on significant issues? Admitting to mistaken judgment about more important issues would certainly be more difficult.

Everyone makes mistakes but youre unwilling to even admit to the most trivial of errors. Now I see that you have no hope of ever changing your views on things like the war in Iraq. Youd better hope your initial judgments are always correct, otherwise youll forever hold incorrect views.

I make mistakes. Now see, wasnt that easy?
Now Im free to re-analyze my political stances when presented with new evidence.

You should strive for the same.
post #48 of 58
Quote:
The actual growth of the economy.

Would you please adjust the 'growth' of the economy for the debt Bush has created.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally posted by dfiler
Nick, even if I knew nothing of your political views, your debating etiquette is enough to make me despise you.

I have the utmost respect for people who are willing to admit their own mistakes. The smartest people Ive ever met are, ironically, also those who admit their mistakes. Were talking Nobel Prize winners. Ive seen a handful of them speak and all of them were introspective, the first to point out their own errors.

You made mistakes when composing your thoughts for posting to this board. I do it all the time. Everybody does. The question is, are you willing to admit to this incredibly minor error? Nobody would think less of you for doing so. But instead, you claim that it is the readers mistake for not recognizing a three sentence long typo.

If you are so unwilling to admit this casual error, why should we trust your stances on significant issues? Admitting to mistaken judgment about more important issues would certainly be more difficult.

Everyone makes mistakes but youre unwilling to even admit to the most trivial of errors. Now I see that you have no hope of ever changing your views on things like the war in Iraq. Youd better hope your initial judgments are always correct, otherwise youll forever hold incorrect views.

I make mistakes. Now see, wasnt that easy?
Now Im free to re-analyze my political stances when presented with new evidence.

You should strive for the same.

dfiler, it is the very first thing I did. giant even quoted it.

Here is what I posted and what giant even quoted.

Quote:
You did catch a typo. If you know current financial stats you should have known it was a type though rather than wasting all that time on it.

Note the typo while correcting a typo. (type vs typo)

Giant and Ton get what they deserve with regard to my posting because they attempt to turn a typo into a character flaw. I've said several times that I do not and did not believe the growth rate to be 5.4%. That is the unemployment rate. Sure jobs and the unemployment rate happen to be what the thread is about, but giant and ton would rather play "gotcha" because their arguments, that a 5.4% unemployment rate, (and dropping lower) 3.7% economic growth (even with trade deficits and $50 oil or it would be higher) is a terrible economy.

Jimmac maintains that his state has one of the highest rates and that it is directly the fault of Bush. He can believe whatever he wants though. It isn't a coincidence that where liberal policies are strongest, employment is weakest.

So in summary, I gladly admit my typos and the mistakes associated with them. That however doesn't mean I am a liar or intentionally attempting to mislead people which is what giant claims.

Nick

post #50 of 58
Quote:
You did catch a typo. If you know current financial stats you should have known it was a type though rather than wasting all that time on it.

Unemployment rate is 5.4%. I didn't mean to say growth rate there. The fact that I mentioned them twice should have tipped you off. I type too fast to sometimes.

'You did catch a typo.'
'you chould have know it was a type though rather than wasting alll that time'
'should have tipped you off'
'I type too fast to sometimes'

All of these statements are indicative of a personality unwilling to admit error. It would have been preferable to say 'Oops, I was wrong. I meant to say such and such'

Instead, you spend time trying to convince people that the mistake was somehow the reader's fault. This is coupled with an assertion that you only mistyped a few letters rather than thought incorrect thoughts.

Once again, I'm harping on a personality trait that makes me discard all of your arguments. Why bother discussing real issues when a person won't fess up to the simplest of errors.

If you're wondering how you got to be the brunt of such harsh analysis... It might have something to do with this post of yours.
Quote:
Care to point out my mistakes? Go ahead, put them on display for all to see. [snip]

Nick
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Yep, I may be careless, but you're just plain stupid.

Oh and of course we don't have to worry about you witnessing what would happen with students because they wouldn't let someone like you within a mile of the building.

Nick

Gee. What a mature remark.

By the way, I taught primary school last year (left only because I didn't particularly like it), and had a part-time stint at a high-school teaching poetry and speech (I enjoyed that and will definitely do it again).
post #52 of 58
Quote:
'You did catch a typo.'
'you chould have know it was a type though rather than wasting alll that time'
'should have tipped you off'
'I type too fast to sometimes'

All of these statements are indicative of a personality unwilling to admit error. It would have been preferable to say 'Oops, I was wrong. I meant to say such and such'

Instead, you spend time trying to convince people that the mistake was somehow the reader's fault. This is coupled with an assertion that you only mistyped a few letters rather than thought incorrect thoughts.

Once again, I'm harping on a personality trait that makes me discard all of your arguments. Why bother discussing real issues when a person won't fess up to the simplest of errors.

If you're wondering how you got to be the brunt of such harsh analysis... It might have something to do with this post of yours.

Thanks freud. You can join giant on the list of people who swear they can tell everything about someone from a couple posts.

Or perhaps that, along with your entire analysis of me can join your little list of mistakes.

Let me weigh these two on the cosmic scale...

typed growth instead of unemployment vs.... two parties who believe they can deduce everything about someone from a couple post....

Yep, I know which side tilts down as most wrong and delusional.

Enjoy yourself.

Nick

post #53 of 58
Everything about you?

Only thing I'm claiming is that your behavior is indicative of someone unwilling to critically anazlyze their own assertions and to admit errors when errors are made.

At this point, I could care less whether you're a bush or kerry man.
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Everything about you?

Only thing I'm claiming is that your behavior is indicative of someone unwilling to critically anazlyze their own assertions and to admit errors when errors are made.

At this point, I could care less whether you're a bush or kerry man.

So you believe you can tell major attributes about a person based off some postings in a forum?

The point here is to discuss ideals. Even attempting to personalize or discuss personal items in anyway is the big mistake on your part. Don't worry because it is an easy mistake to make around giant. He continually attacks the messenger because he can't deal with the message.

Your big mistake, which you haven't admitted to yet by the way, is believing you can discern personal traits about someone based off a forum post.

Heck I could be a 16 year old girl for all you know. That is why people should stick to ideals and avoid personal attacks.

Your mistake...

Nick

post #55 of 58
Quote:
So you believe you can tell major attributes about a person based off some postings in a forum?

We can just tell when someone is being a dick, that's all.
post #56 of 58
Quote:

I believe that, when weighing an argument, the presentor's critical thinking credentials are of interest.

I believe that reading posts is a reasonable to way to form an opinion about the content of those posts. Trends in a particular author's work can be quite enlightening.
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
We can just tell when someone is being a dick, that's all.

Of course you can Richard.

Nick

post #58 of 58
Quote:

But have your little fun. Tuesday is here. I'm going to vote. The UNEMLOYMENT RATE, which is what this thread still happens to be about is still 5.4% nationwide and will get even better when the latest report is released in three days or so.

Nick

Hey! There are states that are still bad like mine and even Washington D.C.

State Unemployment Rate
Hawaii 2.9%
South Dakota 3.2%
North Dakota 3.3%
Vermont 3.4%
Virginia 3.5%
Delaware 3.6%
Nebraska 3.6%
New Hampshire 3.7%
Wyoming 3.7%
Nevada 4.9%
Oklahoma 4.1%
Georgia 4.2%
Maryland 4.3%
Arizona 4.4%
Florida 4.5%
Iowa 4.5%
Maine 4.5%
Connecticut 4.6%
Kansas 4.8%
Minnesota 4.8%
Montana 4.8%
New Jersey 4.8%
Utah 4.8%
Wisconsin 4.8%
Tennessee 4.9%
Idaho 5.0%
Louisiana 5.0%
North Carolina 5.0%
Colorado 5.1%
Indiana 5.1%
Kentucky 5.1%
U.S. Average (as of August) 5.4%
Arkansas 5.4%
Massachusetts 5.4%
New Mexico 5.4%
Missouri 5.5%
Rhode Island 5.5%
West Virginia 5.5%
New York 5.6%
Pennsylvania 5.6%
Texas 5.7%
California 5.8%
Mississippi 5.9%
Alabama 6.0%
Illinois 6.1%
Washington 6.2%
Ohio 6.3%
South Carolina 6.4%
Michigan 6.7%
Oregon 7.4%
District of Columbia 7.5%
Alaska 7.6%

Notice that there are alot that are not the average so screw the average!

And this was in August.

Also there things like this.......

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/02/news...nger/index.htm

THE ECONOMY: SEVEN INDICATORS

The indicator | what it's telling us | next update
Consumer Confidence | Weak Growth | November 30
Retail sales | Rebounding Growth | November 12
Leading Economic Indicators | Weak Growth | November 18
Manufacturing Activity (ISM) | Slowing Growth | December 1
Industrial Production | Iffy Growth | November 17
Jobs Growth | Growth in Question | November 5
Inflation (CPI) | No Inflation Threat | November 16

Sure Trumpy sure!

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jobs Are Still Bad