or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bad News for Bush: the Redskins Lost Today

Bad News for Bush: the Redskins Lost Today

post #1 of 11
I first heard this on Keith Olbermann's show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6341705/#041029

Apparently, the last 17 times the Redskins won their last home game before a Presidential election, the incumbent candidate or party won the whole thing. When they didn't win this game, the wind of changes whistled through the Oval Office. Unfortunately for Team Bush, the Redskins lost today at home to the Green Bay Packers (of Wisconsin -- swing state).

I, for one, am hopeful.

post #2 of 11
Yeah . . . I was rootin for the Pack . . .. and not just because I'm now in Wisconsin

Besides, I'll never respecct a team with a name like that.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #3 of 11
I saw this report on Countdown with Keith Oberman and I was wondering who won the game. I was keeping my fingers crossed the Redskins would lose.

Go Kerry!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #4 of 11
I too pinned my hopes on irrelevant statistics.
post #5 of 11
Don't we all?
post #6 of 11
And the Weekly Reader poll went for Bush, which has yet to be wrong.

Point?

Who cares.

If you are looking for certainty, here it is: One more day of people telling us who's gonna win, why we're dumb for not agreeing with their judment, and then 2 1/2 years of bashing/defending the winner before we get to start all this fighting again! YES! I'M PUMPED!
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #7 of 11
It's.
A.
Joke.

Clear?
post #8 of 11
Who won the Good Housekeeping cookie back off?
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Who won the Good Housekeeping cookie back off?

Nader won with his double chocolate cookies. Later his winning was revoked when it was discovered they were "special" cookies.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Ra
Nader won with his double chocolate cookies. Later his winning was revoked when it was discovered they were "special" cookies.

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by BuonRotto
It's.
A.
Joke.

Clear?

ya think?

=\\

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bad News for Bush: the Redskins Lost Today