or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush V Kerry event staff...

Bush V Kerry event staff...

post #1 of 21
TPM has has a summation of the differences between attending Bush rallies and Kerry events http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/arc..._31.php#003895

The above--is sourced in the article--indicates how controlling and fearful the Bush team is. Enjoy the article. Noe-Cons enjoy your last 2+ months with Bush as President.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #2 of 21
This sort of thing has been all over the blogosphere for months. It's so...representative? Nice to see it get some national press outside of Doonesbury.
post #3 of 21
I'm sorry the correct answer is, "Who gives a shit?"
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

How convenient.
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
How convenient.

MUST NOY SEE THE FOREST FOR THE TREES!!! MUST AVOID NEGATIVE FACTS AND LATCH ONTO ADMIN LIES!!![say in a strained voice for best effect]
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Americans give a shit.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #7 of 21
Bullshit. I've been to these scheduled events. The Clinton one in Orange County was tighter than heck to get into and they didn't allow anyone in who didn't have a ticket and fit the image they wanted to show. Don't believe the bull.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Bullshit. I've been to these scheduled events. The Clinton one in Orange County was tighter than heck to get into and they didn't allow anyone in who didn't have a ticket and fit the image they wanted to show. Don't believe the bull.

Nick

The problem is, that I know that Josh Marshall has more integrity than you do.
post #9 of 21
Quote:
The problem is, that I know that Josh Marshall has more integrity than you do.

The reality is that Josh I know what I personally experienced and don't have to confirm what I believe via a surrogate. I attended the Clinton rally and watched them toss out anyone they thought might cause trouble and also watched them keep all the trouble makers (pro-lifers, etc) at bay.

Nick

post #10 of 21
Quote:
The reality is that Josh I know what I personally experienced and don't have to confirm what I believe via a surrogate. I attended the Clinton rally and watched them toss out anyone they thought might cause trouble and also watched them keep all the trouble makers (pro-lifers, etc) at bay.

Nick

Nick. Did you read the story? Seriously. Read it.

If you had read it, you'd know that we're not talking about "trouble-makers" here.
post #11 of 21
Quote:

If you had read it, you'd know that we're not talking about "trouble-makers" here.

Those miscreant ABC producers are hell raisers to say the least. I'm sure John Law-dog will help them to the door.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
...blah blah... Clinton ...blah blah... Clinton

I keep forgetting that this election is GWB vs. Bill Clinton. Every thread, every topic, it's Clinton this, Clinton that. Have you been to a John Kerry rally? No? From all accounts, this article is perfectly representative of a very real difference of approach between the two candidates and their campaigns. There are legion photographs of Bush supporters - respectful, but wearing Bush clothing and paraphernalia - inside Kerry events. There are equally legion accounts of Kerry supporters....no, not even, anyone who seems like they aren't enough of a Bush supporter getting barred from or thrown out of Bush events, even if they have tickets and are actually Republicans!

Neither campaign tolerates hecklers and "troublemakers" - nor, obviously, should they. But a plain white T-shirt with the words "Protect Our Civil Liberties" was enough to get a few middle-aged women thrown out of a Bush rally, because the shirts were "obscene"! Careful even who you associate with - one women was denied entry to an event after a campaign offical noticed she was dropped off by a car (driven by a friend) that had a Kerry bumper sticker!

Give up your Clinton obsession and get a grip on reality, man.
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel
I keep forgetting that this election is GWB vs. Bill Clinton. Every thread, every topic, it's Clinton this, Clinton that. Have you been to a John Kerry rally? No? From all accounts, this article is perfectly representative of a very real difference of approach between the two candidates and their campaigns. There are legion photographs of Bush supporters - respectful, but wearing Bush clothing and paraphernalia - inside Kerry events. There are equally legion accounts of Kerry supporters....no, not even, anyone who seems like they aren't enough of a Bush supporter getting barred from or thrown out of Bush events, even if they have tickets and are actually Republicans!

Neither campaign tolerates hecklers and "troublemakers" - nor, obviously, should they. But a plain white T-shirt with the words "Protect Our Civil Liberties" was enough to get a few middle-aged women thrown out of a Bush rally, because the shirts were "obscene"! Careful even who you associate with - one women was denied entry to an event after a campaign offical noticed she was dropped off by a car (driven by a friend) that had a Kerry bumper sticker!

Give up your Clinton obsession and get a grip on reality, man.

California is so safe as a blue state now that little goes on out here in terms of commercials or the candidates. I don't have a Clinton obsession, that was probably the last time the state was competitive.

Don't be an ass and assume.

Nick

post #14 of 21
Quote:

I read the article and as a trouble-maker myself, I know they wouldn't let you in if you had any literature they didn't like, a shirt they didn't like, a sign they didn't like, etc.

That is what I took troublemaker to mean by the standard in the article.

Nick

post #15 of 21
Quote:
I read the article and as a trouble-maker myself, I know they wouldn't let you in if you had any literature they didn't like, a shirt they didn't like, a sign they didn't like, etc.

That is what I took troublemaker to mean by the standard in the article.

Nick

Which "they" are you talking about? Kerry rallies allowed Bush/Cheney supports to infiltrate their ranks. What did B/C do at theirs? Oh that's right, to enter a B/C event you a) Had to get a ticket, b) had to arrive in the right sort of vehicle c) had to dress in the right sort of cloths d) had to sign a loyalty agreement, and finally e) at some events you took a pledge of allegiance to the crook-n-chief and his lap-dog Bush.

You need to start using unambiguous pronouns to express your opinion otherwise they might be misconstrued.
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
Which "they" are you talking about? Kerry rallies allowed Bush/Cheney supports to infiltrate their ranks. What did B/C do at theirs? Oh that's right, to enter a B/C event you a) Had to get a ticket, b) had to arrive in the right sort of vehicle c) had to dress in the right sort of cloths d) had to sign a loyalty agreement, and finally e) at some events you took a pledge of allegiance to the crook-n-chief and his lap-dog Bush.

You need to start using unambiguous pronouns to express your opinion otherwise they might be misconstrued.

The Clinton rally I went to was in Orange County California. The entire area was blocked off and no one was allowed in. The people that came arrived on buses, most of them from outside Orange County. Anyone not affiliated with or protesting the even was not even allowed in the parking lot let alone the event structure. I went down wearing my teacher union t-shirt. (UTLA) This got me into the parking area. Once inside there I encountered a family that had left about half their tickets at home and as a result weren't going in. They gave me one of the tickets. Once inside I watched ol'Linda sing and Bill Clinton talk. Twice during the speech protests were attempted, but the folks were quickly grabbed by security and rushed away.

You are welcome to show how this is different than the Bush events.

In contrast I went to a Dole event that year as well. It was in Los Angeles at a park. Nothing was needed to get in. There were protesters there but they were shouted down. I was able to go up to Dole afterwards and shake his left hand. No ticket, no bus, no nothing.

Nick

post #17 of 21
Quote:
The Clinton rally I went to was in Orange County California. The entire area was blocked off and no one was allowed in. The people that came arrived on buses, most of them from outside Orange County. Anyone not affiliated with or protesting the even was not even allowed in the parking lot let alone the event structure. I went down wearing my teacher union t-shirt. (UTLA) This got me into the parking area. Once inside there I encountered a family that had left about half their tickets at home and as a result weren't going in. They gave me one of the tickets. Once inside I watched ol'Linda sing and Bill Clinton talk. Twice during the speech protests were attempted, but the folks were quickly grabbed by security and rushed away.

You are welcome to show how this is different than the Bush events.

In contrast I went to a Dole event that year as well. It was in Los Angeles at a park. Nothing was needed to get in. There were protesters there but they were shouted down. I was able to go up to Dole afterwards and shake his left hand. No ticket, no bus, no nothing.

Nick

So, what's your point? The thread title is Bush V Kerry event staff...; moreover, Clinton has been out of office 2 months shy of 4 years.

Also, you are trying to liken protest with the simple act of wearing a tee-shirt. These are not the same thing.
post #18 of 21
I havent read the first poster's article, basically because I dont give a shit what he says, but I did want to mention my experience. I am a Bush / Cheney volunteer, and back in early September he came to Battle Creek to a semi-pro baseball stadium, and I was working the event directing the media to their assigned places. Anyway, during our little training session the night before, the issue of Kerry hecklers came up. Our immediate supervisor basically said, take their signs away, then group together as volunteers and chant '4 more years' to drown out the heckler's cries. Then she said to expect secret service to arrive shortly after to take the person away. To my knowledge, nothing like this actually took place, but we were prepped.
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #19 of 21
As John Kerry laughed on the Daily Show, "my events are open to the public."

From KE04's first campaign stop after the convention in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The first photo is awesome. Lots of suggested conflict there: a lone BC04 protester seems up against both the crowd and that intimidating wall in the background. In the third photo, the portly lady with the bad haircut and blue rosary around her arm holds up the same bumper sticker as the one in the second photograph. Some in the crowd heckled those conservative religious protesters, but they weren't thrown out or anything.
post #20 of 21
Why does the left always feel picked on?
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
Why does the left always feel picked on?

why does the right always see bogeymen around every corner ?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush V Kerry event staff...