or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "Wimmie-Wipos"

"Wimmie-Wipos"

post #1 of 14
Spotted this on a high school classmate's blog (the same graduating class -- two years before me -- that produced Josh Marshall of TPM), and it tells the whole truth. Scott, SDW and Trumptman are all apparently "Wimmie-Wipos" by all accounts, yet they fail to see the whole point of leadership, expressed so well in the blogposts last paragraph:

Quote:
So, no, having another four years of Dubya in office won't be the end of my world; indeed, given Dubya's executive inclinations, it's likely another four years would benefit me. Why deny it? However, and this is an important thing, one of the things about being a grownup is looking beyond one's personal and immediate benefits (or lack of negatives). I tend to look at the overall health of the nation when I vote for president, and I think in both the long and short term, we'd be better without another four years of Bush. Yes, Bush isn't bad for me. But I think a president should do more than look out for me, or people who, on paper at least, are just like me and mine. Not every American is a Wimmie-wipo. All Americans, however, deserve to be served by their president.

Out of curiosity, how many of us here are "Wimmie-Wipos"? I'm not. I'm white, well-educated, divorced, don't need health insurance (HK's public health care system is quite good) and don't own property.
post #2 of 14
On a personal level, I benefit from Bush's tax cuts and his foreign policy makes sure that my fellow citizens are a lot safer than the citizens of nations we decide to liberate.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #3 of 14
Sorry, guys. I fixed the link for 'ya. Looks like Scalzi's a better writer than he is a blog admin.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
On a personal level, I benefit from Bush's tax cuts and his foreign policy makes sure that my fellow citizens are a lot safer than the citizens of nations we decide to liberate.

Hey, I'm your fellow citizen, and living abroad, I'm certainly not "safer". .

Groverat, do you honestly think that even in the US, you ARE safer?
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Groverat, do you honestly think that even in the US, you ARE safer?

He said "safer" than people being invaded by the US, not "safer" than previously.
a flirt with mediocrity comes with heavy penalty
a flirt with mediocrity comes with heavy penalty
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by stupider...likeafox
He said "safer" than people being invaded by the US, not "safer" than previously.

I really should improve my reading comprehension.
post #7 of 14
I've said that I benefit from Bush's policies only as sort of an anecdotal response to those that have questioned bush's committment to the middle class. When voting, I look at whom the nation will be better with. I think that's Bush without question.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
I think that's Bush without question.

Those are key words when it comes to being a Bush supporter.

Without question.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #9 of 14
I don't own property and I've only been well off for about a year. But since the wife quit working we make less combined than we did before. So invent a new category for me.
post #10 of 14
Aren't threads created only for the intent of ad homs supposed to be closed? Or does Tonton believe that only the white conservative members of this board are that stupid acronym. Oh wait I get it, only they "don't have the interests of the country at heart."

I always love that classic leftist line. Fuck it, it isn't a disagreement anymore. You're just evil if you don't think as I do.

Wish I could be intellectually dishonest enough to pull it off as well as you have Tonton.

What I find quite funny is that people like you have looked at Kerry and believe he is going to be harder on the rich than Bush. Kerry has already said he is going to lower the already record low corporate tax rate.

Gee, socking to the rich there.

People voting for Bush are doing so because they don't want a poll whore for a leader who will sell out American safety and American interests to globalists who could give a crap about our nation or our rights.

Here's a nice one.

Vote for John Kerry, he'll allow your daughter to be put on trial at the ICC on charges whatever third world tyrant decides to trump up.

American future interests being thought of there... yep.

How about....

Vote for John Kerry, he'll refuse to touch a system the trusties say is going to go bankrupt if left in it's current state.

American future interests being thought of there...yep.

What a load of bullshit. Of course here is the best one of all.

Vote for John Kerry, because it is always best to listen to those who are unmarried, uneducated and unwealthy tell those who are married, educated, and wealthy that they know the best course to take to insure a well educated, stable, well off future for our nation.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Vote for John Kerry, because it is always best to listen to those who are unmarried, uneducated and unwealthy tell those who are married, educated, and wealthy that they know the best course to take to insure a well educated, stable, well off future for our nation.

Only the married, educated, and wealthy folk know what's best for the nation?
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #12 of 14
Quote:

They're certainly more reliable than someone ignorant enough to make a post like this one I've quoted. You're an ass if you believe this.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by audiopollution
Only the married, educated, and wealthy folk know what's best for the nation?

According to Ton the married, educated and property owning people are shortsighted idiots who vote only in their self interest and harm the health of the nation.

I simply stated that since most of traits the accused have are desirable, marriage, education, and home/property ownership, I would trust the word of the people who have managed to obtain them more than I would the people who call their motives into question while still desiring the same traits.

Nick

post #14 of 14
Quote:
I simply stated that since most of traits the accused have are desirable, marriage, education, and home/property ownership, I would trust the word of the people who have managed to obtain them more than I would the people who call their motives into question while still desiring the same traits.

Is that why level of education tracks with Kerry support, and why divorce rates are lower in the liberal NE than in the Bible-belt South? It all makes perfect sense now.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "Wimmie-Wipos"