or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Californians vote YES for Stem cell research

Californians vote YES for Stem cell research

post #1 of 7
i'd love for my diabetes to be cured one day, plus being an organ recepient, I'd like to see transplanted organs that don't get rejected. of course alzheimer's, cystic fibrosis and countless other dieases would benefit

thanks

ps. even if you are republican
post #2 of 7
Done.
post #3 of 7
That's a huge amount of money in a state that can't afford it.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
That's a huge amount of money in a state that can't afford it.

Did you do any research into the huge profit potential of this initiative? Or are you just talking out of your... nevermind.

Think of it as an investment that MAY turn a profit, but that will DEFINITELY provide scientific advancement.

Meanwhile, the war on Iraq is a money pit, with no profit potential (unless the GOP is lying when they claim Iraq will run its own economy and control its own oil trade).
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Did you do any research into the huge profit potential of this initiative? Or are you just talking out of your... nevermind.

Think of it as an investment that MAY turn a profit, but that will DEFINITELY provide scientific advancement.

Does California get the patent?

Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Meanwhile, the war on Iraq is a money pit, with no profit potential (unless the GOP is lying when they claim Iraq will run its own economy and control its own oil trade).

I thought the war in Iraq was all about oil. You need to stay on message.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Does California get the patent?

I thought the war in Iraq was all about oil. You need to stay on message.

ahh so you think it was for oil ?
post #7 of 7
LA Times predicts the stem cell initiative will pass.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Californians vote YES for Stem cell research