or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Country afraid of Gays,,, Bush Wins

Country afraid of Gays,,, Bush Wins - Page 9  

post #321 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank777
Sego,

Your last couple of posts have been interesting, though from my perspective woefully misguided. Just off the top of my head, I can answer some of the key concerns you've raised.

We'll have to discuss it again sometime. I've been happy to post in other post-election threads, but I made a conscious decision not to post till now in Fellowship's silly, whiny thread with the utterly inflammatory title.

Frank - perhaps the title is a bit unfortunate. I think Fellowship retracted it though earlier and apologised.

Maybe we can talk about all this in another thread sometime - probably not appropriate here.

Where would it go though ? Not in PO surely - you know we need a separation of religion and State

Theological Outsider: you know you want it.

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #322 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
depends on what kind of intolerance you are dealing with ...intolerance of murder sounds like a good thing to me, but to all you pro-choice liberals, it may seem a bit too harsh

-dittohead

That's absurd. Your rights end when another's begin. You can't compare murder to something an individual chooses. Different set of rights.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #323 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
But somehow you think legislating intolerance is better?

I think you are being willfully ingnorant on the ramifications of the gay mafia codfiying gay marriage as a right.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #324 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
I think you are being willfully ingnorant on the ramifications of the gay mafia codfiying gay sex as a right.

Gay sex should be a right. Absolutely, it should be a right, just as a man should have the right to paint himself blue or a woman should have the right to hold hands with her husband in public.

Two people should have the absolute right to do whatever they please to each other, if they're both into it, in the privacy of their own homes. Not your business, not your right to object.

If tolerance isn't one of the hallmarks of a civilised society I don't know what is.

edit: OK, you should have a right to object because it's OK to be an Evangelical Christian, or a prude, even a narrow-minded homophobe, and speak your mind. Until the Queer Party of America has its first president and cruising techniques are taught in schools, I won't be joining you and you really ought to chill out.
post #325 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
I think you are being willfully ingnorant on the ramifications of the gay mafia codfiying gay marriage as a right.

You'll have to speak in English, but above a third grade level. Gay mafia?

As for the right to gay marriage, I say they already have it in the Constitution.
post #326 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
That's a consequence of how the Bible was put together. Basically, some not very enlightened people chose these books (based on their own bias) at a very late date from all the available candidates and excluded many others - again based on their own prejudice.

The Bishops of the early Church were "not very enlightened people"? What?

Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
And that's before we get on to the false ascribing to certain authors - Moses describing his own death is a giveaway there.

Yes, and God asked Cain where his brother was -- proof positive that He is not omniscient.

Really.

post #327 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
You'll have to speak in English, but above a third grade level. Gay mafia?

As for the right to gay marriage, I say they already have it in the Constitution.

Ask Dr. Laura, Micheal Savage, and the BSA about the Gay Mafia.

post #328 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Gay sex should be a right. Absolutely, it should be a right, just as a man should have the right to paint himself blue or a woman should have the right to hold hands with her husband in public.

Two people should have the absolute right to do whatever they please to each other, if they're both into it, in the privacy of their own homes. Not your business, not your right to object.

If tolerance isn't one of the hallmarks of a civilised society I don't know what is.

edit: OK, you should have a right to object because it's OK to be an Evangelical Christian, or a prude, even a narrow-minded homophobe, and speak your mind. Until the Queer Party of America has its first president and cruising techniques are taught in schools, I won't be joining you and you really ought to chill out.

Yes, of course. But there is no tolerance on the left -- you all have betrayed yourselves in the last week with the hysterical hatred that is the your common currency. You're not fooling anyone. All you have left, like Sergovious' 'criticism' of the Bible, is a putrified ad hominem attack on how "unenlightened' or 'stupid' the Early Church was, and how stupid Christians are today. You have nothing offer except the attack on morality -- and how offensive the very concept is to you. MarkUK's little shock attempt is, in a microcosm, what you people would do to the entirety of public discourse, if only you had the chance. You are filthy, and this past week's election, you have been wieghed in the balance and have been found wanting. We don't want chaos subsituted for order, feces for nourishment, or backed up sewers for propriety. Go back to the shadows. There's a slow train coming.

But there is a bright side -- fortunatly the culture of death doesn't produce prodigy in significant numbers. The culture of death is being diluted by even as we banter. In 2100 one in three in Old Europe will be over 60. You have no future.

Keep screaming how stupid we are guys -- I'll keeping send proginy to the polls.

Ciao

post #329 of 335
And I'll do my very best to bring my children up with an understanding of the paramount importance of love and tolerance, and I'll try and teach them to reject hate and intolerance, and I'll tell them it's always worthwhile to object to them and to not mince their words when they do, and I'll warn them that they might have to fight eventually.

Your children might might beat my children on polling day but it won't make them right or happy and won't guarantee them dignity.

I have an old friend coming around for supper tonight. He was born in Afghanistan and he's an excellent cook. I'm a lucky man. I'm not bitter.

Ciao.
post #330 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Ask Dr. Laura, Micheal Savage, and the BSA about the Gay Mafia.

Do they post here? How about you don't hide behind someone else when you make a claim.
post #331 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Keep screaming how stupid we are guys -- I'll keeping send proginy to the polls.

That's certainly a scary thought.
post #332 of 335
post #333 of 335
The biggest homophobe I know is a big Kerry supporter.
post #334 of 335
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The biggest homophobe I know is a big Kerry supporter.

I thought you voted for Bush?
post #335 of 335
Time to close this thread it lead to nowhere.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Country afraid of Gays,,, Bush Wins