or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Fallujah

Fallujah - Page 5

post #161 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Your arrogance has reached level that I thought that only our beloved Giant could hit. Maybe I am wrong, so let me explain:

There is a divide. I will give you an example. The guys I work with are all smart college educated, well read guys. They all believe that GWB is the worst thing that has happened to this country. They were so distraught over his election win, they threatened to move to another country. In many a discussion I have never heard one good word come out of their mouth about Bush, not one. Yet they will praise everything that clinton did and make every excuse for his bad behavior. Last election they were registered as Independent, and this year they are registered Democrat. If you were to measure the comments about Bush that I utter, they would be 10% good 15% bad and 75% neutral. If you were to measure theirs. it is 100% bad. This is pretty true of many people that I talk to - If a person leans democrat they are 100% against bush. This has been my experience. It is a bandwagon that has been set up by the national democrat leadership.

The left wing has created the ABB movement and sucked many of the left leaners down with them into hating/blaming Bush for any old thing and opposing anything and everything that he does. The democratic party has embraced this thinking and many, many weak minded lemmings have also. And when I say weak minded I don't mean dumb, I mean people that easily go along with whatever tickles their ears.

I try to steer away from calling people stupid, their ideas maybe, but not them. And this is where I think you go wrong in your debating - to suggest that I am too stupid to form my own opinions about life, love and politics, or whatever, is extremely arrogant, IMO.

I agree with you that we should try to find some middle ground. And IMHO that is exactly what is missing in politics today. However, it is very hard to find ANY middle ground with a person that has bought into the left wing "Bush lied, Bush misled, ABB" rigid mantra. Both or should I say all parties need to be willing to give, if a middle ground is o found. The left wants their opponents to extend the hand of friendship while they continually bite it.

The left in this country have turned into the argue for argument's sake, speak out against something simply because the constitution give us the right, fight for a minority class simply because they are a minority - not because their position is right, if you don't agree with all of our positions we will call you names and destroy you, party. It is very difficult to keep up with let alone find a middle ground with a party that changes positions and focus so much.

I loved this...

Reverse psychology won't work on me, my friend.

Any way, building bridges, as you put it, works both ways.

You're talking about arrogance?

And you talk about mantras. The right and Bush's should be " It's someone elses' fault ".

God! Doesn't president stand behing anything he does?

The left haven't turned anything into anything. The truth is Bush stated a falsehood to get the support to start the war in Iraq pure and simple. Time has not and will not change this fact. And your wanting to sweep it under the rug won't either.

Also your constant attack on Giant is also telling as you know he's more in tune with things than most people. That bothers you I know. Your going on about people not being taken seriously and leading no where is also telling.

On the contrary sir it's you who are not taken seriously.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #162 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by talksense101
Update on Fallujah on Nov 26.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4044235.stm

That statement in bold is SOOOOOOOO NOT FUNNY for a number of reasons and the instructions on making anthrax? There hasn't been a single biological attack in this whole fiasco, so please...

I think the picture and caption are pretty funny though.

"Marines are clearing houses after the US-led offensive in Falluja"

Check out the equipment the Marine in the picture uses for clearing houses... I'm guessing those have a small informative label on the side.

"Point at house. Push button. If there is more house to clear, see instructions on another, unused bazooka."
post #163 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
I think the picture and caption are pretty funny though.

"Marines are clearing houses after the US-led offensive in Falluja"

Check out the equipment the Marine in the picture uses for clearing houses... I'm guessing those have a small informative label on the side.

"Point at house. Push button. If there is more house to clear, see instructions on another, unused bazooka."

Yes I saw pictures of that this morning. And you know ( being 51 and having watched this kind of thing on tv before ) I thought of Vietnam. That's what this stupid war and occupation reminds me of.

Whatever happens after we leave the effect on Iraq will be negligable. Just like South Vietnam. We'll have gotten what we wanted though.
post #164 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
You're talking about arrogance?

And you talk about mantras. The right and Bush's should be " It's someone elses' fault ".

God! Doesn't president stand behing anything he does?

The left haven't turned anything into anything. The truth is Bush stated a falsehood to get the support to start the war in Iraq pure and simple. Time has not and will not change this fact. And your wanting to sweep it under the rug won't either.

Also your constant attack on Giant is also telling as you know he's more in tune with things than most people. That bothers you I know. Your going on about people not being taken seriously and leading no where is also telling.

On the contrary sir it's you who are not taken seriously.

Look.

Since this president was elected into office, you and many like you have attributed every bad thing to him. Which is fine, you're entitled to that opinion. But... the truth is, that's not even a reasonable position to have.

If you think that it is, you need only look at the election results, or at least I do. You may read it totally different, but what I saw was a decisive victory by a president with a well defined agenda - a four year old one, no less.

Now I know that you will say, "yeah well JK got the second most votes ever...", but what counts is GWB got the most and actually won. It is a fact you will have to come to grips with.

Even the loudest voices against Bush have fallen silent after this election. 3 years of ridiculous conspiracy theories and viscous attacks on every talk show and debate forum did nothing more than anger more people than it actually persuaded.

I think GWB has stood behind his decisions and the majority of the US stands behind him. Calling a large chunk of the population "stupid" is not going to make you many friends. But really you don't want any of those stupid red state, bible thumping, rednecks as friends anyway, right?
post #165 of 426
NaplesX, you're making quite big a leap of faith when you say over half of the US support Bush. What I see is that 30% of the population entitled to vote bothered to come to the polls and tangibly support him. Even in that 30%, you can't really tell how many "Not Kerry" votes were given. People might hate both, but still go with the one they perceive as the lesser evil. In a different voting system like runoff voting, you'd see more accurately how many voters *really* supported the candidates.

Contrary to your implicit assumption, whether or not there is majority support for a person, the person can be a bad choice. The majority is frequently wrong, if not stupid. Politics deal with economics, foreign relations, intelligence, war, crime. The average person has a poor grasp of most of those subjects. How can you expect him to make a well informed choice?
post #166 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
NaplesX, you're making quite big a leap of faith when you say over half of the US support Bush. What I see is that 30% of the population entitled to vote bothered to come to the polls and tangibly support him. Even in that 30%, you can't really tell how many "Not Kerry" votes were given. People might hate both, but still go with the one they perceive as the lesser evil. In a different voting system like runoff voting, you'd see more accurately how many voters *really* supported the candidates.

Contrary to your implicit assumption, whether or not there is majority support for a person, the person can be a bad choice. The majority is frequently wrong, if not stupid. Politics deal with economics, foreign relations, intelligence, war, crime. The average person has a poor grasp of most of those subjects. How can you expect him to make a well informed choice?

I like the elite tone to your posting. Was that on purpose?
post #167 of 426
Quote:
I think GWB has stood behind his decisions and the majority of the US stands behind him. Calling a large chunk of the population "stupid" is not going to make you many friends. But really you don't want any of those stupid red state, bible thumping, rednecks as friends anyway, right?

Well, the majority of the world stands against him and his decisions.
But i guess that doesn't really count ,does it?

And, why would anyone want a stupid, bible thumping redneck as a friend?
post #168 of 426
Quote:

Right.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #169 of 426
Quote:
Look.

Since this president was elected into office, you and many like you have attributed every bad thing to him. Which is fine, you're entitled to that opinion. But... the truth is, that's not even a reasonable position to have.

Of course its not a reasonable position to have. That's why you made it up, it's so easy to refute. Nobody on this board has "attributed every bad thing" to Bush. We have been quite vocal about his actual failings, which are overt and plentiful.

Quote:
If you think that it is, you need only look at the election results, or at least I do. You may read it totally different, but what I saw was a decisive victory by a president with a well defined agenda - a four year old one, no less.

An election that could have been won or lost by the swing of a few hundred thousand votes in Ohio cannot be called a "decisive victory" in any version of reality. You can call it the Mandate of the Heavens, if you want, but it's still just solemn gibberish.

How about running down that "well defined agenda" for us? My list here shows maybe sort of privatizing Social Security, but no details at all; hanging tough on tax cuts; and something something something Iraq honor freedom something something. Did I miss anything?

Quote:
Now I know that you will say, "yeah well JK got the second most votes ever...", but what counts is GWB got the most and actually won. It is a fact you will have to come to grips with.

Even the loudest voices against Bush have fallen silent after this election. 3 years of ridiculous conspiracy theories and viscous attacks on every talk show and debate forum did nothing more than anger more people than it actually persuaded.

While hallucinogenics are fun for occasional, recreational use, long term abuse can lead to sever side effects, including the complete inability to distinguish between the voices in one's head and actual occurrences in the environment. Such a condition can lead to embarrassingly "out-of-touch" pronouncements and should be treated by a physician immediately.

Quote:
I think GWB has stood behind his decisions and the majority of the US stands behind him. Calling a large chunk of the population "stupid" is not going to make you many friends. But really you don't want any of those stupid red state, bible thumping, rednecks as friends anyway, right? [/B]

I prefer "implacably evil" to "stupid", but whatever. Lots of scary, dangerous people are given to "standing behind their decisions", so that in and of itself is not a description of good character, as you seem to believe. Standing behind bad decisions, even when overwhelming evidence has made it clear that your initial idea was wrong or unworkable, is called "crazy".

I mean, you get that, right? If I decide that the neighbors are planning to kill me, and I set about an elaborate scheme of preemptive response, and burst into their living room and pull the bookcase away from the wall, shouting "behold the tunnel they have nefariously bored through the wall in order to focus their death ray on my person!", and my brazen gesture reveals neither death ray nor tunnel but only innocuous living room wall, and my response is "I nevertheless stand by my decision to disrupt my neighbors plan to kill me", and lack of any and all evidence of such a plot does not deter me but rather, somewhat eerily, actually increases my resolve to "stand by my decision", well then, I am one crazy motherfucker.

At any rate, I put "making friends", particularly with people who get all pumped up about throwing their lot in with crazy motherfuckers, pretty low on my list of to-dos.

Use any word you like, but a slim majority of the voting population (sort of) endorsing a world view doesn't, in any ethical, moral or logical system, make that world view somehow beyond reproach, or the people who don't endorse it "elitists". Or are you willing to argue that every majoritarian horror show visited upon minority populations during the 20th century was simply the right and proper working out of the will of the people?

And please don't start with the "how dare you compare the United States with those bad countries and their bad people of bad character" shit.

There is nothing magic about the US that makes it immune from the abuses of power. God doesn't work especially hard to keep our shores free of
tyranny (although I have this depressing feeling that you sort of think that).

And the quickest way I know of for the American experiment to come to grief is if some percentage of its citizens take to thinking of themselves as somehow embodying a kind of uber American-ness that stands in opposition to less than truly American "others". That they are imbued with a mystical bond to the "heartland" that gives them, and them alone, the right to "citizenship", while regarding the "others" as barely tolerable aliens that have no respect for the "values" that are the birthright of the "real" Americans.

Oh darn, I'm describing the rise of fascism again. Sorry Naples, you've never said anything to suggest you subscribe to this style of thought.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #170 of 426
Quote:
I like the elite tone to your posting. Was that on purpose?

You're imagining that tone. But if something like that helps you avoid answering the actual content of my post, carry on.
post #171 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Of course its not a reasonable position to have. That's why you made it up, it's so easy to refute. Nobody on this board has "attributed every bad thing" to Bush. We have been quite vocal about his actual failings, which are overt and plentiful.

An election that could have been won or lost by the swing of a few hundred thousand votes in Ohio cannot be called a "decisive victory" in any version of reality. You can call it the Mandate of the Heavens, if you want, but it's still just solemn gibberish.

How about running down that "well defined agenda" for us? My list here shows maybe sort of privatizing Social Security, but no details at all; hanging tough on tax cuts; and something something something Iraq honor freedom something something. Did I miss anything?

While hallucinogenics are fun for occasional, recreational use, long term abuse can lead to sever side effects, including the complete inability to distinguish between the voices in one's head and actual occurrences in the environment. Such a condition can lead to embarrassingly "out-of-touch" pronouncements and should be treated by a physician immediately.

I prefer "implacably evil" to "stupid", but whatever. Lots of scary, dangerous people are given to "standing behind their decisions", so that in and of itself is not a description of good character, as you seem to believe. Standing behind bad decisions, even when overwhelming evidence has made it clear that your initial idea was wrong or unworkable, is called "crazy".

I mean, you get that, right? If I decide that the neighbors are planning to kill me, and I set about an elaborate scheme of preemptive response, and burst into their living room and pull the bookcase away from the wall, shouting "behold the tunnel they have nefariously bored through the wall in order to focus their death ray on my person!", and my brazen gesture reveals neither death ray nor tunnel but only innocuous living room wall, and my response is "I nevertheless stand by my decision to disrupt my neighbors plan to kill me", and lack of any and all evidence of such a plot does not deter me but rather, somewhat eerily, actually increases my resolve to "stand by my decision", well then, I am one crazy motherfucker.

At any rate, I put "making friends", particularly with people who get all pumped up about throwing their lot in with crazy motherfuckers, pretty low on my list of to-dos.

Use any word you like, but a slim majority of the voting population (sort of) endorsing a world view doesn't, in any ethical, moral or logical system, make that world view somehow beyond reproach, or the people who don't endorse it "elitists". Or are you willing to argue that every majoritarian horror show visited upon minority populations during the 20th century was simply the right and proper working out of the will of the people?

And please don't start with the "how dare you compare the United States with those bad countries and their bad people of bad character" shit.

There is nothing magic about the US that makes it immune from the abuses of power. God doesn't work especially hard to keep our shores free of
tyranny (although I have this depressing feeling that you sort of think that).

And the quickest way I know of for the American experiment to come to grief is if some percentage of its citizens take to thinking of themselves as somehow embodying a kind of uber American-ness that stands in opposition to less than truly American "others". That they are imbued with a mystical bond to the "heartland" that gives them, and them alone, the right to "citizenship", while regarding the "others" as barely tolerable aliens that have no respect for the "values" that are the birthright of the "real" Americans.

Oh darn, I'm describing the rise of fascism again. Sorry Naples, you've never said anything to suggest you subscribe to this style of thought.

Actually what you describe seems a lot like the way the elite treat the rest of america. But anywho...

I really like the way you just make up and fabricate my supposed thoughts, right before everyones eyes. I guess that is what you have to resort to.

typical.
post #172 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by bryan.fury
Well, the majority of the world stands against him and his decisions.
But i guess that doesn't really count ,does it?

And, why would anyone want a stupid, bible thumping redneck as a friend?

Well that might even factor in slightly if GWB was running for Kofi Annon's position, but it has nothing to do with the position of "President of the United States" That would be like electing a county commissioner based on the national vote.

So, NO world opinion has no place in US choice of leaders.

Deal with it.
post #173 of 426
Quote:
Well that might even factor in slightly if GWB was running for Kofi Annon's position, but it has nothing to do with the position of "President of the United States" That would be like electing a county commissioner based on the national vote.

Deal with it.

I think you need some help getting back on topic - this Bush mania is becoming an idee fixe for you.

Here's some assistance: what do you think of the US use of Napalm in Fallujah ?
post #174 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
You're imagining that tone. But if something like that helps you avoid answering the actual content of my post, carry on.

You described the largest group of voters ever to elect a president as "stupid", all while disparaging the constitutional method for electing a president. You also suggest that you - one person - knows more than the majority of voters. I am not even sure that you could get more elitist than that.

tell me where I read your words wrong.
post #175 of 426
One more quick point:

Quote:
Since this president was elected into office, you and many like you have attributed every bad thing to him.

You are stupid. You do not understand us. I don't attribute every bad thing to Bush. I attribute it also to Condi Rice, Don Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft, Porter Goss, Tom DeLay and all the people like him in Congress (every Republican but the Northeast ones and mavericks like McCain who think for themselves)...Well I think you get the idea. If it can fit in your small cranium.

Now back on topic.

Napalm. Why should we have to THINK about it? I thought it was illegal? Then again so are weapons in space, and developing "bunker buster" nukes. Someone should sue Bush, again, for this. Go John Edwards!!!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #176 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
I think you need some help getting back on topic - this Bush mania is becoming an idee fixe for you.

Here's some assistance: what do you think of the US use of Napalm in Fallujah ?

I think that getting news from AJ is a dangerous and irresponsible thing to do, since they aid the enemy every chance they get.
post #177 of 426
Quote:

Deal with it.

look, i couldn't give a rats ass who the americans elect as their president.

i wholy agree with you that if the majority of the americans want bush to be president, then that should be respected. i was merely trying to make the subtle point that if the majority of the world doesn't want the americans fucking around in iraq , well then that should be respected as well.
post #178 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
One more quick point:

You are stupid. You do not understand us. I don't attribute every bad thing to Bush. I attribute it also to Condi Rice, Don Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft, Porter Goss, Tom DeLay and all the people like him in Congress (every Republican but the Northeast ones and mavericks like McCain who think for themselves)...Well I think you get the idea. If it can fit in your small cranium.

I love the way you guys always make my points for me.
post #179 of 426
Quote:
look, i couldn't give a rats ass who the americans elect as their president.

i wholy agree with you that if the majority of the americans want bush to be president, then that should be respected. i was merely trying to make the subtle point that if the majority of the world doesn't want the americans fucking around in iraq , well then that should be respected as well.

What about if the US doesn't want the world undermining it's security?

Like the way Russia, France, Germany among others that have done just that through the UN and it's programs. This is the "world" that we are talking about, no? Let's not play "world" games.

Who cares if the reason they didn't want the US in Iraq was purely monetary.
post #180 of 426
Quote:
What about if the US doesn't want the world undermining it's security?

Like the way Russia, France, Germany among others that have done just that through the UN and it's programs. This is the "world" that we are talking about, no? Let's not play "world" games.

Who cares if the reason they didn't want the US in Iraq was purely monetary.

You should really take a bit more time to think about your replies.

What if the world doesn't want the US undermining it's security?

Who cares if the reason the US wanted to be in iraq was purely monetary?

on the one hand, you demand that a minority respects the decision of the majority (elections).
on the other hand, you find it perfectly acceptable that a minority disrespects the decision of the majority (iraq).

well, i guess, with respect to iraq things are different because the minority are the elitist americans and the majority are just stupid other worldlers ...
post #181 of 426
Quote:
I think that getting news from AJ is a dangerous and irresponsible thing to do, since they aid the enemy every chance they get.

Yep, it's called telling the truth.

You see, this is why non-stupid people think you're stupid - AJ is one of the most democratic (in Bushian terms - ie promoting free speech in a region of totalitarian press) press agencies in the area. Perhaps the only one.

Btw: the Napalm revelation wasn't from AJ - it was Islam Online and quoted western press agencies that were reporting the Pentagon admission of the Napalm use.

More evidence.

People are getting stupider all the time.

They are not stupid because they voted for Bush. They voted for Bush because they were stupid.
post #182 of 426
Quote:
Look.

This is just drival.

Look,

Nobody's attributed every bad thing to Bush. That's a popular fabrication on the conservative Bush supporter side. Just certain bad things.

True things.

If you think ( wishful thinking on your part ) that Bush's detractors have gone silent after the election you're in for a disappointment.

In the extreme.

This will be a very hard 4 years for Bush to stay out of the mud. Just like Clinton they'll be looking into every little thing with a vigilance.

And something you should be looking at. Bush barely won. No landslide or even close. There is still a large group ( almost half the population of the country ) out there who don't like Bush.

In case you need a reminder : http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/

51% to 48% is hardly resounding.

Can you do the math here?

So I suggest instead of sticking your head in the ground and pretending that it's not the way things are that you learn to deal with it.

Please don't even try to fabricate or spin it into something else. It ( like so many things that come from the conservative side now days ) just isn't the truth.

As far as the population being stupid......I only think they're half stupid. If you get my meaning
post #183 of 426
Quote:
You described the largest group of voters ever to elect a president as "stupid", all while disparaging the constitutional method for electing a president. You also suggest that you - one person - knows more than the majority of voters. I am not even sure that you could get more elitist than that.

tell me where I read your words wrong.

I did not call the US voters stupid. I said your assertion was complete bullshit - "many people believe 'X', therefore 'X' must be true".

Ever hear the saying "a camel is a horse designed by a committee"?

You are also incorrect about that I disparaged the US voting system. What I did was to point out that in my opinion there are better ones. I can't understand how that can be construed as disparaging - unless if you take status quo as gospel and all change is necessarily bad. This seems a likely explanation seeing how you take care to mention that the voting system is 'constitutional', which has absolutely no bearing on the intrinsic worth of the voting system, but serves to show the 'established' status of the system.
post #184 of 426
Quote:
You should really take a bit more time to think about your replies.

What if the world doesn't want the US undermining it's security?

Who cares if the reason the US wanted to be in iraq was purely monetary?

on the one hand, you demand that a minority respects the decision of the majority (elections).
on the other hand, you find it perfectly acceptable that a minority disrespects the decision of the majority (iraq).

well, i guess, with respect to iraq things are different because the minority are the elitist americans and the majority are just stupid other worldlers ...

The 'world' that you are so concerned about is Russia, Germany and France.

These nations worked with a known terrorist government (Iraq) knowing that they were undermining the worlds security and the integrity of their own beloved UN. The fact that you see more of a threat in the US than you do with SH and his corrupt government and dealings, proves to me that you have totally missed the point.

As far as majority and minority goes, the US is the world's superpower. I think it behooves the rest of the world to play nice or prepare for the consequences. Those are simple schoolyard rules. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
post #185 of 426
Quote:

Err... No, the "world" is agrees overwhelmingly that right now, the US is the biggest treath to world security...

some quick google results:
the EU
UK
South Korea

Quote:
As far as majority and minority goes, the US is the world's superpower. I think it behooves the rest of the world to play nice or prepare for the consequences. Those are simple schoolyard rules. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Oh, you're supporting facism? That's nice to know...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #186 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
I did not call the US voters stupid. I said your assertion was complete bullshit - "many people believe 'X', therefore 'X' must be true".

Ever hear the saying "a camel is a horse designed by a committee"?

You are also incorrect about that I disparaged the US voting system. What I did was to point out that in my opinion there are better ones. I can't understand how that can be construed as disparaging - unless if you take status quo as gospel and all change is necessarily bad. This seems a likely explanation seeing how you take care to mention that the voting system is 'constitutional', which has absolutely no bearing on the intrinsic worth of the voting system, but serves to show the 'established' status of the system.

I love the way you lefties keep making things up.

I never asserted what you claim. I asserted that "many people voted 'X' and his known agenda, therefore 'X' must have the support of the majority of voters"

But hey feel free to make things up to prop up whatever point you are trying to make.
post #187 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Err... No, the "world" is agrees overwhelmingly that right now, the US is the biggest treath to world security...

some quick google results:
the EU
UK
South Korea

Oh, you're supporting facism? That's nice to know...

Yes, of course that is exactly what I am supporting.

I love it. Keep it coming.
post #188 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
This is just drival.

Look,

Nobody's attributed every bad thing to Bush. That's a popular fabrication on the conservative Bush supporter side. Just certain bad things.

True things.

If you think ( wishful thinking on your part ) that Bush's detractors have gone silent after the election you're in for a disappointment.

In the extreme.

This will be a very hard 4 years for Bush to stay out of the mud. Just like Clinton they'll be looking into every little thing with a vigilance.

And something you should be looking at. Bush barely won. No landslide or even close. There is still a large group ( almost half the population of the country ) out there who don't like Bush.

In case you need a reminder : http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/

51% to 48% is hardly resounding.

Can you do the math here?

So I suggest instead of sticking your head in the ground and pretending that it's not the way things are that you learn to deal with it.

Please don't even try to fabricate or spin it into something else. It ( like so many things that come from the conservative side now days ) just isn't the truth.

As far as the population being stupid......I only think they're half stupid. If you get my meaning

Jim,

I have personally read your posts over the last year. And it seems to this poster that you have blamed every imaginable thing on Bush. Granted, I may be exaggerating saying "everything", but I think it is save to say you have nothing good to say about Bush.

I have seen thread after thread which you have chimed right in on, bashing Bush. So please, I beg of you, don't act like you are just an innocent bystander.
post #189 of 426
Quote:
Yes, of course that is exactly what I am supporting.

I love it. Keep it coming.

So do you think the world should be governed by "schoolyard rules" or not?
post #190 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by New
So do you think the world should be governed by "schoolyard rules" or not?

I am not going to let you rope me into some retarded conversation about how things should be.

I will however point out to you that most things in life and politics are governed, in the end, by schoolyard type rules. So, if you like you can get on your computer and type word after word complaining about the way things are, or you can accept it and work to change things that you can.

I'm not saying that things may not one day become like the scenes out of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" where everyone has learned, in that case, through music to live together peacefully and play fairly.

It could happen. I think it may be a while, considering that some of the countries in the UN choose undermine very organization they belong to.
post #191 of 426
Quote:
It could happen. I think it may be a while, considering that some of the countries in the UN choose undermine very organization they belong to.

Like the US you mean?
post #192 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Like the US you mean?

Yeah! That is exactly what I mean. Man you are good! NOT.

Germany, France, Russia being the worst offenders. But there are many others to put on that list.

But hey, focus on America. And while you are at it, ignore the fact that the US is actually taking action to try to change the future for good.
post #193 of 426
Quote:
Yeah! That is exactly what I mean. Man you are good! NOT.

Germany, France, Russia being the worst offenders. But there are many others to put on that list.

But hey, focus on America. And while you are at it, ignore the fact that the US is actually taking action to try to change the future for good.

Some examples would be nice. I'm especially interetsted in knowing what Germany has done to undermine the UN lately... As in post WWII...?
post #194 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Some examples would be nice. I'm especially interetsted in knowing what Germany has done to undermine the UN lately... As in post WWII...?

Once again, I will not let you drag me in that direction. Read the news. Do a google for "UN Oil For Food". Read up on who sold banned weapons to Iraq when they were under sanction.

But hey, maybe you did all that and you just want to argue, for argument's sake. Or maybe you just want to ignore things you don't agree with or that might change your world view.

Whatever. Good try.
post #195 of 426
Quote:
Once again, I will not let you drag me in that direction. Read the news. Do a google for "UN Oil For Food". Read up on who sold banned weapons to Iraq when they were under sanction.

But hey, maybe you did all that and you just want to argue, for argument's sake. Or maybe you just want to ignore things you don't agree with or that might change your world view.

Whatever. Good try.

Answer the question.
What has Germany done to undermine the UN?

And compare that to the US.
(keywords: Preemptive war, Kyoto, International criminal court, UN members fee, Use of veto, landmines and so on...)
post #196 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Answer the question.
What has Germany done to undermine the UN?

And compare that to the US.
(keywords: Preemptive war, Kyoto, International criminal court, UN members fee, Use of veto, landmines and so on...)

How about you just make your point. That would be nice.
post #197 of 426
Quote:
Originally posted by New
latest numbers (from NYT):

"The American death toll from the Falluja operation, which began Nov. 7, now stands at 51, with 425 wounded, General Sattler said, although an unspecified number of the wounded have returned to duty. Eight Iraqi soldiers have died and 43 were wounded, he added."

Someone pointed out to me yesterday that the "iraqi" forces used in falluja were Kurds and Shiites, which says a lot. The report goes on:

"From 25 to 30 Iraqi civilians were treated for wounds, but there have been no reported Iraqi civilian deaths yet, the general said."

Wow! What happend to "we don't do bodycounts"? Can't wait to see the more independent reports...

Iraqi Red Crescent seems to believe 6000 people may have been killed in Falluja.
yet the US still claims they killed about 1200 insurgents?
post #198 of 426
Quote:
How about you just make your point. That would be nice.

I did. You failed to respond. twice.
post #199 of 426
Quote:

look child, even the overwhelming majority of the population of bush's only noteworthy ally, england, is against the invasion of iraq.
quite frankly, i am not surprised that a typical american has such a limited grasp of the world.

Quote:

These nations worked with a known terrorist government (Iraq) knowing that they were undermining the worlds security and the integrity of their own beloved UN.

yeah, so did 2/3 of your beloved administration. didn't keep you from supporting them, now did it?

Quote:

The fact that you see more of a threat in the US than you do with SH and his corrupt government and dealings, proves to me that you have totally missed the point.

i'm afraid, you're the one who missed the point. (as i mentioned earlier, you should take more time thinking your answers through). i don't see the US as a threat as long as they doesn't meddle in foreign affairs. a brief study of recent history would open your eyes (as long as you are willing) to a long list of failures or wrongdoings thru US involvement.

Quote:

you're trolling. if not and that is the best argument you can come up with, then you are really starting to bore me.
post #200 of 426
I want to hear more about NaplesX opinion of the Napalm use.

For it or against it Napes ?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Fallujah