Originally posted by NaplesX
The previous quote to this was vague. Come on.
Ask your politicians.
Perhaps money, power, oil, greed... who knows.
Some did, Ask them.
Maybe I should clarify, the French Press, the French elite they are very anti-american.
Who knows. Why don't you tell us.
It is. And I quotes many articles on the subject in the past two months. I can post more if you like.
Right. No WMD DISCOVERED in Iraq... yet. There is still plenty of ground there unsearched.
Look. If you think you are right then stick to your position. I disagree. Fair?
1) Your opinion is based upon the sole assumption that what you read in some press is accurate. I note that such articles did not exist in the french or german or many others european press. I am suprised that a part of the french press who love scandals don't relate this one.
I have just hear comments on the part of the press, complaining of such attacks.
If you want to convice me that the french officials were that corrupt with Iraq, you have to give me others proofs, than the one coming from a press who can't stand France.
I don't think that I will convice you of anything, if I refered to ultraleft or ultraright winged french press concerning US. I will not even convice my self of anything reading such press.
2) For the WMD thing, you can always expect. I will say that you belong to a growing minority.
3) you are entitled to disagree and stick to your position also. But it's a forum of discussion, we are supposed to discuss.
4) the french press is bipolar, as the US one.
The left press is not pro american, as it represent capitalism, something that the left do not value much. The word anti american is too strong when it applie for the moderate left.
The right press is not anti-US for the reverse reasons : the right value capitalism, and US is one of this symbol. This said the right press, do not agree with everything that the US do. Anyway the word anti american for the right press is innacurate.
5) I don't know what you are refering to, by Elite. If you are refering to some "intellectuels de gauche", you are right, but I will say that they are elite only by their own standarts. Now if you are refering by politicians you are wrong , there is a wide spectrum, varying from the proBush to the Bush haters.