or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Prepping started for Iran war

Prepping started for Iran war - Page 4

post #121 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
There is no peaceful solution with a country that doesnt want peace. A country that pays money to terrorists to kill as many innocents as possible.

You and your ilk are appeasers.

Death to Iran

good one!

and I say "death to Idiots!"
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #122 of 188
Quote:
There is no peaceful solution with a country that doesnt want peace. A country that pays money to terrorists to kill as many innocents as possible.

Death to Iran

There is a peaceful solution to everything. And each of your allegations are unfounded. You and your ilk are afraid of independent thought and analysis, so you let the right wing fear mongers speak for you.
post #123 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
There is a peaceful solution to everything. And each of your allegations are unfounded. You and your ilk are afraid of independent thought and analysis, so you let the right wing fear mongers speak for you.

You and your ilk, tonton.
You and your damn ilk....
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #124 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
good one!

and I say "death to Idiots!"

Nah, I dont want you to die
post #125 of 188
In the meanwhile, GWB's defense system fails again during tests.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...storyID=639263

Hmm, I would be a little careful about attacking other countries that can fight back...
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #126 of 188
Quote:
Nah, I dont want you to die

Obviously, since you'd be in line way before me, and then Iran wouldn't be able to die... as you predict and wish.
post #127 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by talksense101
In the meanwhile, GWB's defense system fails again during tests.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...storyID=639263

Hmm, I would be a little careful about attacking other countries that can fight back...

Iran can't attack the US. The rockets it has have a maximum reach of 2,000 kilometers which means Iran can attack Israel, US-military-bases in Iraq, Saudi-Arabia and the other gulfstates and also the US-ships in the persian gulf, and if they are so inclined even parts of Europe, but not the US-soil.

Nightcrawler
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
post #128 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler
Iran can't attack the US. The rockets it has have a maximum reach of 2,000 kilometers which means Iran can attack Israel, US-military-bases in Iraq, Saudi-Arabia and the other gulfstates and also the US-ships in the persian gulf, and if they are so inclined even parts of Europe, but not the US-soil.

Nightcrawler

Unless they have means to "close the gap".
post #129 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Unless they have means to "close the gap".

Shahab 4
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #130 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
Obviously, since you'd be in line way before me, and then Iran wouldn't be able to die... as you predict and wish.

Methinks you be wrong
post #131 of 188
Quote:
Methinks you be wrong

Methinks you're not able to perform such a complicated task. Methinks you should get on with your regular intervals of jibbering. Methinks that's enough said about you or me in this topic.

Mesays sayonara,
post #132 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton

That is stupidity.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #133 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
That is stupidity.

That ain't exactly rocket science either.

How about why ? Supporting evidence ? Structured argument ?

I have a tip for you: if that's what you call analysis then never under any circumstances submit yourself for examination at an academic institution - medical institutions should be ok but steer clear of places where people might ask you to back-up what you say.
post #134 of 188
Quote:
That is stupidity.

Nice argument, there.
post #135 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius

I have a tip for you: if that's what you call analysis then never under any circumstances submit yourself for examination at an academic institution - medical institutions should be ok but steer clear of places where people might ask you to back-up what you say.

Speaking of the medical field, you don't have to back up your claim in medical school, but at higher level you are recquired to.
For example at a basic level the anatomy of the lips will teach you that there is two coronary arteries that are interconnected in each side of the lip creating an arterial circle.
Now if you are searching real references about the subject, you will see more complicated and different patterns. If you have an examination, you shoud better cite these articles than the common knowledge.
post #136 of 188
Latest Update:

The BS ratchets up a gear

How do we know it's bull ? Simple:

Quote:
On the tape, Yasseen, a colonel in Saddam Hussein's army, said two other former Iraqi military officers belonging to his group were sent "to Iran in April or May, where they met a number of Iranian intelligence officials." He said they also met with Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Three Reasons:

1) They reference Saddam - if they were smart they would have the group was a Shi'i faction. The Iranians are never going to be sympathetic to ex-Ba'athists - especially when they have Shi'i insurgents (who are infighting with the Ba'athist remnants) to possibly support.

But they have to reference Saddam - they can't help themselves. The Neocons and their supporters are the only people who still believe Ba'ath is a factor.

2) No way would any insurgent be allowed to meet Khamenei - especially if Khamenei was organising such a plan. These idiots think that middle easterners are stupid.....

3) As above - Iran is Shi'i, Ba'ath is Marxist with a nominal Sunni base. Why would Iran fund Ba'th Sunni insurgents in order to kill Shi'i ones ?

Utter stupidity.

They need to get some new blood in the propaganda department asap - preferably (for themselves) someone who knows something about the cultures being targetted.
post #137 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by hardeeharhar
If only people knew history. Lybia "backed down" after almost twenty years of sanctions, and it had little if anything to do with Bush's idiotic threats and mindlessly chosen war.

I'm not sure I agree with that analysis.

1. 20 years of sanctions?

2. 1 year of a demonstrable willingness/ability to go to war against any enemy viewed as a threat (real or not)?

NOTE: I am not justifying the war in Iraq...only questioning the logic of your reasoning here.
post #138 of 188
Quote:
That is stupidity.

Nope! That is stupidity.

One of my favorite movie quotes is : " The first man to pick up a gun is the first man to run out of ideas. "
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #139 of 188
Quote:

Death to Iran

Good! You can be on the front line. Let us know how it goes.
post #140 of 188
All this war business and beating up on small countries is a distraction anyway. You know the type they used in the novel 1984. Bush must have read Orwell.
post #141 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
I'm not sure I agree with that analysis.

1. 20 years of sanctions?

2. 1 year of a demonstrable willingness/ability to go to war against any enemy viewed as a threat (real or not)?

Well, at least we know you aren't really interested in learning before speaking.
post #142 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Well, at least we know you aren't really interested in learning before speaking.

Or...you could provide a counter-argument. But I guess we now know you're not interested in doing that.
post #143 of 188
Quote:
Or...you could provide a counter-argument. But I guess we now know you're not interested in doing that.

We just get tired of educating people who have the same sorts of ignorant presumptions over and over again. If we set the record straight for one, two more pop-up, hydra-like, to spew more drivel. Nevertheless...

Libya has been slowly bringing itself back into the international community for over a decade now. Qadaffi didn't have a Saul-on-the-road-to-Damascus moment when the bombs started dropping in Baghdad. He'd been moving that way for years. He stopped actively supporting terrorist groups in 1993. He handed over the PanAm bombing suspects in 1999. Libya paid compensation to French victims of UTA-772 in 1999. THey offered a compensation package for PanAm in 2002, and negotiations were finished in 2003. UN sactions were officially lifted in response. Later in 2003 they came clean about their moribund WMD programs.

Learn. Read. Use your god-given brain, not just your winger-devoted ears and eyes.
post #144 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel
We just get tired of educating people who have the same sorts of ignorant presumptions over and over again. If we set the record straight for one, two more pop-up, hydra-like, to spew more drivel. Nevertheless...

Sorry to "put you out". I merely offered a contrary view on one poster's comment.

Quote:
Libya has been slowly bringing itself back into the international community for over a decade now. Qadaffi didn't have a Saul-on-the-road-to-Damascus moment when the bombs started dropping in Baghdad. He'd been moving that way for years. He stopped actively supporting terrorist groups in 1993. He handed over the PanAm bombing suspects in 1999. Libya paid compensation to French victims of UTA-772 in 1999. THey offered a compensation package for PanAm in 2002, and negotiations were finished in 2003. UN sactions were officially lifted in response. Later in 2003 they came clean about their moribund WMD programs.

See...now that wasn't so hard to do, was it? Reasonable, articulate, logical. Good counterpoints. Now I have something I can accept, reject, investigate, argue against, whatever.

BTW...I don't think it is remarkably stupid, ignorant or "winger" of me to notice the amazingly coincidental timing of Libya's latest (WMD) move.

Quote:
Learn. Read. Use your god-given brain, not just your winger-devoted ears and eyes.

Okay...so now we drop off. So ---- you (that was out of line...I regret it). Please don't assume anything about my "winger-ness" whatever the hell that means. I offered a counter opinion...all that was need in response to my first post was your middle paragraph above. Instead 3/4 of the responses (yours and giant) were simply smug arrogance.

I'll admit that (perhaps) my response came from ignorance (lack of knowledge) but yours (aside from the middle paragraph) were rooted in smugness and arrogance.
post #145 of 188
Quote:
Sorry to "put you out". I merely offered a contrary view on one poster's comment.

See...now that wasn't so hard to do, was it? Reasonable, articulate, logical. Good counterpoints. Now I have something I can accept, reject, investigate, argue against, whatever.

Okay...so now we drop off. So fuck you. Please don't assume anything about my "winger-ness" whatever the hell that means. I offered a counter opinion...all that was need in response to my first post was your middle paragraph above. Instead 3/4 of the responses (yours and giant) were simply smug arrogance.

I'll admit that (perhaps) my response came from ignorance (lack of knowledge) but yours (aside from the middle paragraph) were rooted in smugness and arrogance.

Don't take these asswipes too seriously, Chris.
If you dare disagree with these pompous chowderheads they automatically assume you are a Right-Winger or they automatically assume that they know more than you do.

These boards are infested with pompous lefties who don't like to face reality.
They also don't like to argue like adults.

Do you know the difference between ultra-leftists and ultra-rightists? There is no difference. Neither side can put on an intelligent argument because they are both caught up in their dogma.
post #146 of 188
Quote:
Don't take these asswipes too seriously, Chris.
If you dare disagree with these pompous chowderheads they automatically assume you are a Right-Winger or they automatically assume that they know more than you do.

These boards are infested with pompous lefties who don't like to face reality.
They also don't like to argue like adults.

Do you know the difference between ultra-leftists and ultra-rightists? There is no difference. Neither side can put on an intelligent argument because they are both caught up in their dogma.

Thanks. I probably overreacted. I really like to try for intelligent debate. Sometimes it fails.

BTW..where did you get that term "chowderhead"? I've heard my Dad use that. Never heard from anyone else (until now).
post #147 of 188
Quote:
Neither side can put on an intelligent argument because they are both caught up in their dogma.

Too true - the problem we have here though is recognising who is who....
post #148 of 188
Quote:
Thanks. I probably overreacted. I really like to try for intelligent debate. Sometimes it fails.

BTW..where did you get that term "chowderhead"? I've heard my Dad use that. Never heard from anyone else (until now).

I dont remember where I first heard it, it may have been from a TV show. In fact the term posturing chowderheads is from a TV show.

Wait, i remember, it was from an episode of Taxi when Louie was applying for an apt in a wealthy building and Alex called the board members posturing chowderheads. Although its possible that the writers got it from somewhere else.

The key is inserting it in the proper place. And since this board is infested with posturing chowderheads its perfect!

post #149 of 188
The premise of this thread is once again hypocritical:

I thought that to be consistent, Bush would have to take on Iran and Korea.

Looks like you are getting complete consistency from this admin if your conspiratorial theories are true.

What are you complaining about now?
post #150 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
I thought that to be consistent, Bush would have to take on Iran and Korea.

This sort of consistency isn't necessarily good. It presumes that the situation and dynamics in all three cases are the same. They might be...more likely they are not.

Just something to think about.
post #151 of 188
Quote:
This sort of consistency isn't necessarily good. It presumes that the situation and dynamics in all three cases are the same. They might be...more likely they are not.

Just something to think about.

Believe me, I DO realize this.

I was just pointing out the ever changing "progressive" argument.

It was not long ago that the same people that are criticizing this admin for NOT being consistent by doing the same thing in Iran and Korea that it did in Iraq. Using it's supposed inconsistency on foreign policy as proof that the admin was wrong in Iraq.

Not that I agree with the theory, but the theory seems to say that the admin is now gearing up to invade Iran in an identical manner. The fact that they are latching onto this theory means (to me) they either knew the first contention was BS or they think no-one will remember they said it or both

You see, the premise of this thread, as most here, is along the lines of "see, I told you so" and the underlying message here is "Bush was a liar and this proves it" which is one of the bullet points in the "Bush is a murderous NeoCon" outline.

I guess, "Inconsistent foreign policy" can be taken off of the list, if this is not yet another BS thread.
post #152 of 188
Some people are just so f'ing stubborn they fail to see the forest...

rhetorical

adj 1: of or relating to rhetoric; "accepted two or three verbal and rhetorical changes I suggested"- W.A.White; "the rhetorical sin of the meaningless variation"- Lewis Mumford 2: concerned with effect or style of writing and speaking; "a rhetorical question is one asked solely to produce an effect (especially to make an assertion) rather than to elicit a reply" [ant: unrhetorical]

The "progressive" argument has never changed. The argument has always been that all-out war on the axis of evil was always a doomed strategy. The argument has always been that a war with Iraq was stupid as there were far worse villains out there. The rhetorical argument is that if your going to wage war with Hussein than you should wage war with Kim Jung Il and the Mullah's of Iran FIRST.

Again, I don't expect neo-cons to understand something as simple as this.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #153 of 188
The inconsistency here is from an administration which explicitly stated that it would bring this battle to the countries that harbor terrorists etc etc etc. Saying that, and then failing to follow through makes the US look like a pussy, which is why ultimately the doubters of this administration's foreign policy believe that another war in another country is more than just likely, it not occurring is nearly impossible.

Clearly the axis of evil is still propagating its evil.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #154 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
Some people are just so f'ing stubborn they fail to see the forest...

rhetorical

adj 1: of or relating to rhetoric; "accepted two or three verbal and rhetorical changes I suggested"- W.A.White; "the rhetorical sin of the meaningless variation"- Lewis Mumford 2: concerned with effect or style of writing and speaking; "a rhetorical question is one asked solely to produce an effect (especially to make an assertion) rather than to elicit a reply" [ant: unrhetorical]

The "progressive" argument has never changed. The argument has always been that all-out war on the axis of evil was always a doomed strategy. The argument has always been that a war with Iraq was stupid as there were far worse villains out there. The rhetorical argument is that if your going to wage war with Hussein than you should wage war with Kim Jung Il and the Mullah's of Iran FIRST.

Again, I don't expect neo-cons to understand something as simple as this.

What part don't you expect to be understood...the theory that going after Iran and Korea first makes more sense?
post #155 of 188
Quote:
The inconsistency here is from an administration which explicitly stated that it would bring this battle to the countries that harbor terrorists etc etc etc. Saying that, and then failing to follow through makes the US look like a pussy, which is why ultimately the doubters of this administration's foreign policy believe that another war in another country is more than just likely, it not occurring is nearly impossible.

Agreed. And a smart nation wouldn't try fighting that evil head on. It would think, be smart, be covert, use ALL of its resources to its fullest...rather than fighting a traditional numbskull battle that will cost a fortune in blood and treasure.
post #156 of 188
Quote:
Agreed. And a smart nation wouldn't try fighting that evil head on. It would think, be smart, be covert, use ALL of its resources to its fullest...rather than fighting a traditional numbskull battle that will cost a fortune in blood and treasure.

What do you have to support this hypothesis?
post #157 of 188
Quote:
What do you have to support this hypothesis?

The Iraq War.
post #158 of 188
Quote:

Disagreed.

There is an axis of 'evil': only because Bush said so.

They are continuing 'evil': only because Bush said so.

There were WMDs: only because Bush said so.

It's the oldest trick in the book - you have allowed yourself to be manipulated into accepting everything by constant repetition.

Now you can't question at all - you can only question the strategy of dealing with the 'problem'.

What you can't see is that the problem is a complete fabrication and you continue arguing about the strategy.
post #159 of 188
Quote:
The Iraq War.

I don't see how "The Iraq War" validates your hypothesis that the U.S. would have been more effective by not fighting evil head-on.

I infer from your argument that you consider the Iraq war to be a failure. Is that true?
post #160 of 188
Quote:
I don't see how "The Iraq War" validates your hypothesis that the U.S. would have been more effective by not fighting evil head-on.

I infer from your argument that you consider the Iraq war to be a failure. Is that true?

I think we need to either jettison terms like 'evil' or clarify them. I would prefer to leave them out but if you insist....

Imo Bush is 'evil' as far as anything can be. Certainly I have seen more 'evil' in post Saddam Iraq than I have anywhere else.

I do not believe in evil - I do believe in mental illness, spiritual sickness and people who are dead inside. Imo Bush, Saddam and the Taleban leaders would all fall in the category.

It's subjective. You need to be very careful throwing terms like that around, or you should be - I know you are a fundie but let's keep this as a rational discussion.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Prepping started for Iran war