or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Will there ever be upgrades?

Will there ever be upgrades?

post #1 of 6
This version of vBulletin is what, 2+ years old? It seems like we've been stuck at 2.3.5 forever. When are we going to see upgrades? 3.0.3 is out.
post #2 of 6
They tried to upgrade once a long time ago. It didn't go well.
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
post #3 of 6
I'm still pushing for a switch to PHPbb. :-)

I know it will probably never happen
-Justin Winokur

15" Core i7 MacBook Pro, (circa July 2010)
-Justin Winokur

15" Core i7 MacBook Pro, (circa July 2010)
post #4 of 6
I don't see a single problem with this setup, it's actually the best in theme and function of any forum that I regularly post on.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by bborofka
This version of vBulletin is what, 2+ years old? It seems like we've been stuck at 2.3.5 forever. When are we going to see upgrades? 3.0.3 is out.

Yeah, vBulletin 3 only satisfied the most literal definition of "upgrade," as far as we could tell.

More fundamentally, as long as this version does what we want it to do, why upgrade? Upgrading this BB involves a fair amount of work; there's no reason to do it just to have done it.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Amorph
Yeah, vBulletin 3 only satisfied the most literal definition of "upgrade," as far as we could tell.

More fundamentally, as long as this version does what we want it to do, why upgrade? Upgrading this BB involves a fair amount of work; there's no reason to do it just to have done it.

I post on pHpBB and it's crap compared to this set-up. AppleInsider is the best forum I've ever seen. Very simple, and stylish.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Will there ever be upgrades?