or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Is it time to chase the Sadamistas down in Syria?

Is it time to chase the Sadamistas down in Syria?

post #1 of 28
Every day we see more American and Iraqi deaths at the hands of the so-called insurgency. Where is this insurgency getting its money and its orders? These attacks are too organized to be the work of the Iraqi Common Man. No, this is a planned assault on the creation of a Democratic Iraq. Many think that these attacks are rooted and funded in Syria by Sadamistas who fled across the border. If this is true, the only way to quence the attacks is to cut it off at its source. If that means we must send the Airforce to Syria, then so be it. We can not just sit around and take this abuse.

Moe
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #2 of 28
Democracy by military force is nothing but tyranny.

Bring the troops home.
post #3 of 28
Who stands in the way of Democracy? The every day Iraqi or a marginalized, yet well funded and armed band of thugs?
post #4 of 28
No, it's time for Common Man to stfu as he has proved conclusively that there is nothing less he could possibly know about the subject at hand and no further effort is required to demonstrate the abysmal depth of his piteous lack of the smallest scintilla of rational thought or objective knowledge.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 28
strange use of language
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
strange use of language

Let me rephrase then in simpler (and simplistic) terminology:

You have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

Why then do you have this compulsion to display your ignorance in a public forum ?
post #7 of 28
Why is the left so mean spirited? No wonder the World is becoming more conservative by the second.
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Why is the left so mean spirited? No wonder the World is becoming more conservative by the second.

Why are you so wrong most of the time?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #9 of 28
Where did the rebellion in the American Colonies get its resources from? Were our efforts to push out the English funded solely by sympathizers in France? Or perhaps we had an economy of our own, and means to provide for an army that came from the few citizens that supported said rebellion. Why should we focus on the resources that are coming from outside of Iraq, when without an empassioned populous that money wouldn't have a purpose? Is it the US' responsibility to quench 1000 years of ethnic tension in the region? Wasn't it the forced statehood of peoples who historically despised each other that resulted in the conflicts in the balkans, kasmir, rwanda, etc etc? Do we want another massacre on our hands for the sake of a forced democracy on people who do not want to live together? Isn't it time we consider the people desires when we redraw their nationstate lines?
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #10 of 28
Quote:

"He who casts the first stone..."

Read and learn how shrill the "compassionate" right can truly be...
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by hardeeharhar
Where did the rebellion in the American Colonies get its resources from? Were our efforts to push out the English funded solely by sympathizers in France? Or perhaps we had an economy of our own, and means to provide for an army that came from the few citizens that supported said rebellion. Why should we focus on the resources that are coming from outside of Iraq, when without an empassioned populous that money wouldn't have a purpose? Is it the US' responsibility to quench 1000 years of ethnic tension in the region? Wasn't it the forced statehood of peoples who historically despised each other that resulted in the conflicts in the balkans, kasmir, rwanda, etc etc? Do we want another massacre on our hands for the sake of a forced democracy on people who do not want to live together? Isn't it time we consider the people desires when we redraw their nationstate lines?

That would be considered "thinking". The Right doesn't have time for such endeavors. There's a war to fight and promotions for incompetence to be handed out.
post #12 of 28
Let's just put a nail in this:

There are two types of winger who think that Syria support the Iraq resistance:

1) 'The liars': these know it is not true but wish to convince the public as part of the 'softening-up' for a future war.

2) 'The stupid': these confuse the fact that both Syria and Iraq were ruled by something calaled the Ba'ath party.

However, this is not the same party. the Ba'ath was initially founded by a Christian and is in no way Islamic. It is a Marxist organisation and in it's manifestations under both Saddam and Asad was committed to persecuting, killing and torturing Islamists.

The very people Common Man claims it supports and vice versa. Clearly this is a stupidity of immense proportions.

The second monumental error is an ignorance of the politics of the region - the Ba'ath split relatively early on into several factions. These factions became deadly enemies and guess what ? They tried to kill each other and wipe each other out: yep, you're with me - these factions had secured power in Iraq and Syria respectively.

So Asad and Saddam were mortal enemies. Not just because of the Ba'ath issue but because Saddam was a direct threat. This is why Syria joined the coalition in GW1. Idiocy #2.

Ridiculousness #3: if the US cannot secure the border that's one thing - it's not true actually and Syria have sealed it but there's a deeper issue: if Syria are on the 'hit-list' (and they are) then they would surely 'play it cool'.

If Common Man argued this is what they are doing but they have intent then that would be a reasonable argument. It would not be true but it would be rational. Asad is not stupid - it is laughable to suggest he cannot read which way the wind blows.

Basically, all this obsessiveness stems from an inability to accept one simple fact: that the Iraqis have formed a resistance.

Of course they would - as anyone would. There needs to be no other explanation for the situation. Indeed, if you accept the theory of 'outside agitators' then you have a bigger problem: to explain why there isn't a homegrown resistance.

And there you have it: people like Common Man never came to terms with the failure of their fantasy of the 'rose throwing Iraqi gratefully embracing the liberators'.

It could have been like that, it was there for the taking, but it didn't work out that way - and some people still can't accept it.
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by THT
Democracy by military force is nothing but tyranny.

Bring the troops home.

I guess Germany and Japan are living in tyranny?
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Were we the aggressors?
post #15 of 28
Sadamistas? I don't think so. How about Sadamites?
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Many think that

Oooh, pulling a Fox News here eh Common.
Quote:
We can not just sit around and take this abuse.

Why don't you join the armed forces and do your part mr. full of...bravado?
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
Oooh, pulling a Fox News here eh Common. Why don't you join the armed forces and do your part mr. full of...bravado?

Psst! He's only 16!
post #18 of 28
Quote:

The neo-con ship is sinking. I recommend that you find a life boat while you still have time. If you think you can pull off another Hiroshima ...
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #19 of 28
Quote:

That may damned well be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on these boards.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
That may damned well be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on these boards.

You know, I started and stopped about four responses to Scott's post and I couldn't seem to do it without just going nuts (over a trivial point I know but sometimes the sheer stupidity and its relentlessness makes one lose perspective).

So thanks, midwinter, that is the correct response.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #21 of 28
Common Man, your "many think" is a direct result of your reliance on right wing blogs and sites to shape your world view.

Many may well think, but they don't know what they are talking about. It is only the power of the internet to allow scattered groups of deeply misinformed ideologues to bolster each other's delusions that makes these kind of entirely unsupported "theories" look plausible to you.

But that same internet makes it possible to double check sources, see what reliable witnesses are saying, get informed about the general lay of the land, etc.

I know you think you are championing a political stance here, but you just sound like a very credulous guy who's been hanging out with lunatics, rushing in wide-eyed and saying "Hey! Did you guys know that aliens killed Kennedy!!??
post #22 of 28
I'm not saying that the Gov of Syria is behind attacks on Americans and Iraqis. I am saying that the Gov of Syria is unable or unwilling to stop the regime loyalists and terrorists who have set up camp in Syria. I am suggesting that we go into Syria identify and destroy such activities.
post #23 of 28
Quote:
I'm not saying that the Gov of Syria is behind attacks on Americans and Iraqis. I am saying that the Gov of Syria is unable or unwilling to stop the regime loyalists and terrorists who have set up camp in Syria. I am suggesting that we go into Syria identify and destroy such activities.

Good! You first!
post #24 of 28
The sites are probably already identified and they could most likely be cleared from the air. This would not be a major military operation.
post #25 of 28
It would if syria decided our bombing of its territory was an act of war, which it is, and which if the us had done to it we would certainly respond in kind...
post #26 of 28
Quote:

Then you are even more wrong.

Syria persecutes Islamists and Iraqi Ba'athists in ways you can never imagine.

I have lived in Damascus and personally know people whose close relatives have been 'disappeared' for 15 years. 15 years of torture on suspicion of being an Iraqi sympathiser or a Ba'athist.

And you are trying to say that the Syrian regime is unwilling to stop these people ? Are you insane ? Google 'Hama massacre' if you want to see how a real anti-Islamist deals with jihadis.

You don't even know that as soon as Syria found the suspects of the Istanbul bombings there they handed them over.

I bet you didn't know any al-Q had been caught for that did you ? Let alone it was Syria that got them.

How can you take yourself seriously ?
post #27 of 28

The Patriot Act will put both of you (Neuharth and Mitchell) on trial for treason and convict and execute both of you as traitors for running these stories in a time of war and it should be done on TV for other communist traitors like you two to know we mean business. This is war and you should be put in prison NOW for talking like this. Who the hell do you people think you are? You give aid and comfort to our enemies and aid them in murdering our proud soldiers. You people are a disgrace to America. Your families should be put in prison with you, then be made to leave and move to the Middle East ...This is a great Christian nation and god wants us to lead the world out of darkness with great leaders like President George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Communists like Al and Greg will soon be in prison and on death row for your ugly papers. We won the election and now you are mad. We own America and all the rights, you people are trash, go back to Russia and Africa and take your friends with before we put you on death row after a fair trial.

article straight from Europe circa 1500A.D

Why is it that Christian Fundamentalists have it completely wrong on almost every issue known to man? Flat-earth...Geocentricity....Evolution....

How is it possible to systematically brainwash millions of people into being so ridiculously stupid and ignorant?
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK

How is it possible to systematically brainwash millions of people into being so ridiculously stupid and ignorant? [/B]

Playing the fear "card" does that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Is it time to chase the Sadamistas down in Syria?