or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Poland seeks extradition of Jewish war criminal

Poland seeks extradition of Jewish war criminal

post #1 of 28
This is interesting - and before anyone gets their knickers in a twist (you know who you are), let's establish this as a philosophical discussion rather than a partisan one.

The issue: Poland is seeking the extradition of 86 year-old Solomon Morel who is currently hiding in Tel Aviv, for crimes against humanity - specifically the systematic torture of thousands and resulting death of hundreds of Germans in a post-war detention camp.

Full article from (right-wing) Daily Telegraph.

The crimes allegedly occurred In November 1945 during the Soviet occupation of Poland in the so-called "de-Nazification" camps, where up to 80,000 ethnic Germans are believed to have died as a result of torture, starvation and typhus.

According to the article:

Quote:
Stalin deliberately picked Jews as camp commandants in the knowledge that they would show little mercy to the inmates.

The guards put the Germans into a doghouse, beating them if they didn't say `bow-wow'. They got the Germans to beat each other; to jump on each other's spines and to punch each other's noses, and hit the Germans so hard that they once knocked a German's glass eye out.

Guards also raped German women and trained dogs to bite off German men's genitals on command.

The point: This is not a 'Jewish' thread. My point here is that it will be interesting to see what Israel will do and I am observing this with an open mind.

They routinely arrest Nazis with equivalent criminal pasts and of similar ages - and rightly so. Hopefully they will hand over this psychopath despite his age and nationality and all will be well.

If not - then we have a problem. The fact is that criminals should be divided from the non-criminals specifically AND ONLY on the basis of the crime.

That is - dog used to attack at Soviet camp or dog used to attack at Abu Ghraib:

Same thing.

Torture and murder at Auschwitz, De-Nazification camp or Abu Ghraib:

Same thing.

There are no mitigating circumstances:

Not race.
Not religion.
Not 'because the enemy is barbaric'.
Not 'because they do it to us'.
Not pre-emptive.
Not for 'information'.

Nothing. No justification. Period.

As humans, we need to buy-out of the BS of us and them if we are going to survive. Especially now. We need to give up our 'patriotism' and transfer our loyalties to humanity. The criminals are those that do these things, support these things and encourage these things - whoever they are: some idiot on a message board, a Nazi or a head of state - or any combo of all three.

Time to take a stand for civilization.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 28
If they guy wasn't a Jew and not in Israel you never would have posted this.

Continue with your "philosophical" discussion.
post #3 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
If they guy wasn't a Jew and not in Israel you never would have posted this.

Continue with your "philosophical" discussion.

Of course I wouldn't - the discussion would never arise. Duh.

And I can't 'continue' with a philosophical discussion - it hasn't started yet. You're the only one who's replied....
post #4 of 28
It doesn't matter what ethnicity the asshole is, he still is an asshole.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by hardeeharhar
It doesn't matter what ethnicity the asshole is, he still is an asshole.

Precisely. I say lock him up - WITH a trial which presents the evidence. Don't want to sink to barbarism along with the mainstream.....
post #6 of 28
While I might agree in principle Seg,

I think there is a good case for just letting it be. I can't see that there is anything to be gained from a witch-hunt of an 86 y/o for crimes he commited 50 years ago, regardless of his race, nationality or religion.

There comes a time when one must forgive, forget or tolerate, don'tyathink?
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK

I think there is a good case for just letting it be. I can't see that there is anything to be gained from a witch-hunt of an 86 y/o for crimes he commited 50 years ago, regardless of his race, nationality or religion.

Well, that's the philosophical issue. I suppose I agree up to a point.

I think you have something there actually as you put it like that - I was thinking of it in terms of Israel doing this sort of thing all the time to aging Nazis so the same thing should apply in contrary cases but actually you have shown me the flaw in my thinking here - you're right: no-one should be hounded at that age.

We should let it lie - I'm officially changing my position in this thread. Forgiveness is the way to go in this case.
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Well, that's the philosophical issue. I suppose I agree up to a point.

I think you have something there actually as you put it like that - I was thinking of it in terms of Israel doing this sort of thing all the time to aging Nazis so the same thing should apply in contrary cases but actually you have shown me the flaw in my thinking here - you're right: no-one should be hounded at that age.

We should let it lie - I'm officially changing my position in this thread. Forgiveness is the way to go in this case.

1 to the Marc!, oh....I am still trailing by 50?

you know, this guys had 50 years to think and come to terms with what he did, if he really has shown remource for what he did, he will have done it tens of years ago, if he's still proud of it, spending the last few years inside isn't going to change that.
post #9 of 28
Quote:
1 to the Marc!, oh....I am still trailing by 50?

you know, this guys had 50 years to think and come to terms with what he did, if he really has shown remource for what he did, he will have done it tens of years ago, if he's still proud of it, spending the last few years inside isn't going to change that.

Absolutely. I was totally wrong.

Let's find some fundies to take it out on....
post #10 of 28
If there is sufficient evidence he should be extradited and stand trial. But why start a thread about in PO? Why ignore all the other badies in the world? 'Cause they are not Jews and/or not in Israel.

[segovius]Oh look, Israel is doing something wrong. I have to post a thread in PO to highlight wrong doing of Israel while ignoring the rest of the world's ills. Gotta tear down Israel![/segovius]
post #11 of 28
Quote:
If there is sufficient evidence he should be extradited and stand trial. But why start a thread about in PO? Why ignore all the other badies in the world? 'Cause they are not Jews and/or not in Israel.

[segovius]Oh look, Israel is doing something wrong. I have to post a thread in PO to highlight wrong doing of Israel while ignoring the rest of the world's ills. Gotta tear down Israel![/segovius]

Are you Jewish Scott ?
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Are you Jewish Scott ?

Why do you ask? What relevance does it have to my comments in this thread?
post #13 of 28
Clearly.
post #14 of 28
What's clear?
post #15 of 28
Quote:

No. I personally don't believe in the statute of limitations when it comes to heinous crimes.
post #16 of 28
Quote:
What's clear?

Well, a lot of things. Air for one. Clean water (even dirty water, but not very dirty water). Glass. And the fact that for some reason I cannot place my finger on, you get extremely defensive of Israel whenever its actions are criticized. The only people I know who are extremely defensive of that state (which stands out because its own people WERE and ARE oppressed almost everywhere else) are Israelis or extremely closed minded Jews (the two not being exclusive -- and the latter is more accurate than the former). Now, I will let the reader draw their own conclusions from this statement of my personal experience with individuals who blindly support Israel.
post #17 of 28
What conclusion should they draw? Why don't you just state it? Or are you ashamed to? If you conclude I'm Jewish what does that say about you? I support Israel and so a reasonable conclusion is that I'm a Jew? Only a Jew would support Israel? If I'm Jewish then I'm bias to support Israel?

What are you trying to say?
post #18 of 28
Quote:
What conclusion should they draw? Why don't you just state it? Or are you ashamed to? If you conclude I'm Jewish what does that say about you? I support Israel and so a reasonable conclusion is that I'm a Jew? Only a Jew would support Israel? If I'm Jewish then I'm bias to support Israel?

I vote not Jewish - it fits with the bizarro, upside-down black is white, war is peace, slavery is freedom meme that you refer to in lieu of active mentation.

A non-Jewish poster who knows absolutely nothing about the Middle East or recent history is obsessed with all things Israel to the point of it being an idee fixe.

While increasing numbers of people who see Israel for what it actually is and oppose its racist Zionist agenda are actually Jewish !

You couldn't make it up ! Only they did
post #19 of 28
Quote:

Man, I am a Jew and I don't support Israel. But yeah, you are definitely biased towards supporting Israel if you are Jewish.
post #20 of 28
perhaps Scott is like one of those wimpy middle class white boys who like to go round thinking they're a black rapper.

Scott, are you a wannabe Jew?
post #21 of 28
Jew or not what's the difference? Why do you people care?
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Jew or not what's the difference? Why do you people care?

We don't. You do.

We just want to know why you cannot post in any thread whatsoever without mentioning Israel and the Jews.

Dancing or otherwise.
post #23 of 28
Quote:
We don't. You do.

We just want to know why you cannot post in any thread whatsoever without mentioning Israel and the Jews.

Dancing or otherwise.

You're the one that asked me. So you do care. What's the reason for the question? Let's say "Yes, I'm a Jew" what does that mean to you or "NO, I'm not" what does that mean to you? How does knowing change the discussion?
post #24 of 28
Quote:
You're the one that asked me. So you do care. What's the reason for the question? Let's say "Yes, I'm a Jew" what does that mean to you or "NO, I'm not" what does that mean to you? How does knowing change the discussion?

If you said yes, then I would understand your obsession - in fact it would cease to be an obsession and rather be a legitimate concern. As such I would respect it - and by extension respect you.

If you said no, then I would feel justified in my existing lack of respect. After all an obsession which is not backed up by any realistic rationale - and such is the degree of your fixation that you being Jewish is the only possible mitigating factor (charitably leaving aside the other distinct possibility that you are merely an Islamophobic racist - a possibility that I regard as an extremely likely one, although of course you do not have the courage to stand by that belief imo) - is not by any token worthy of respect.

So in a way I am not asking whether you are Jewish I am rather saying "I have completely written you off as a total non-entity unworthy of the smallest scintilla of consideration but I kind of feel bad about this as there is a vague and remote possibility that I'm wrong".

Kind of giving you the benefit of the doubt in a way.

post #25 of 28
Quote:
I vote not Jewish - it fits with the bizarro, upside-down black is white, war is peace, slavery is freedom meme that you refer to in lieu of active mentation.

A non-Jewish poster who knows absolutely nothing about the Middle East or recent history is obsessed with all things Israel to the point of it being an idee fixe.

While increasing numbers of people who see Israel for what it actually is and oppose its racist Zionist agenda are actually Jewish !

You couldn't make it up ! Only they did

The most biased pro-Israel lobby is actually right-wing christians who believe in Israel primarily for biblical reasons. They do not want Israel to give any land at all to the Palestinians.
Most American Jews believe in a 2 State solution. A smaller majority of Israelis believe in the same thing.
As for Zionism being racist, I find that a bizarre conclusion since most displaced people, such as Kurds to name one group, want a place to call its own.

What exactly makes Zionism racist?
post #26 of 28
Supporting Israel should never mean excusing Israeli/Jewish people whose actions are anti-humanity. Judaism and Israel are a faith and a nation respectively. This mans' actions are anti-Judaism, and anti-humanity. He should be tried, and if convicted, pay for his crimes. The man has been *free*, on the lam for 50 years. Why can't he spend a little time in jail for so much killing? I feel the same for Pinochet in Chile, and a number of other mass killers who are seemingly beyond the reach of the law.....

...who shall remain nameless

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #27 of 28
Kill the bastard and have his genitals bitten off by a dog. It doesn't matter if he is 90. It will bring justice to the families who have lost their loved ones. What is this bull shit about old farts being above the law? Who the f#@! are we kidding? Would you feel the same if you lost your parents to this?

This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he is a jew.

(while you are at it, do the same for the US commanders in Iraq who are torturing Iraqis, ...)
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #28 of 28
Quote:
If you said yes, then I would understand your obsession - in fact it would cease to be an obsession and rather be a legitimate concern. As such I would respect it - and by extension respect you.

If you said no, then I would feel justified in my existing lack of respect. After all an obsession which is not backed up by any realistic rationale - and such is the degree of your fixation that you being Jewish is the only possible mitigating factor (charitably leaving aside the other distinct possibility that you are merely an Islamophobic racist - a possibility that I regard as an extremely likely one, although of course you do not have the courage to stand by that belief imo) - is not by any token worthy of respect.

So in a way I am not asking whether you are Jewish I am rather saying "I have completely written you off as a total non-entity unworthy of the smallest scintilla of consideration but I kind of feel bad about this as there is a vague and remote possibility that I'm wrong".

Kind of giving you the benefit of the doubt in a way.

Whatever, The fact remains that you have a single minded focus on tearing Israel down. Read something in the Telegraph about Israel? Run to PO and post a thread look at what the jews are doing now. Your tunnel vision for Israel, the jewish state, is at worst anti-Semitic and at best anti-Semitic in effect. You have a middle east full of Islamist governments that are some of the worst human rights abusers in the world and yet you post here declaring Zionism to be racist. Your complete lack of balance shows what you are.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Poland seeks extradition of Jewish war criminal