or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › India refuse humanitaran aid

India refuse humanitaran aid

post #1 of 6
India refuse the international aid. Her amry did a great job, of rescuing, but many humanitaran organisations think that this official position, will do any good to the indian people in the need.
Most of them are fishers, who losed everything. I expect that India is really able to help them correctly, and that it's not only displaced pride.
post #2 of 6
India has a division in the army for dealing with national disasters. The fishermen in the worst hit areas returned to sea today with the army helping them to fix their boats.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #3 of 6
the indian navy was also the first on the scene
with 6 destroyers & they also gave 20$mil to sri lanka
& another 2$ mil to the maldives
nothing wrong in refusing aid if you don't need it
so theres no need to make a fuss about it
post #4 of 6
I read this weekend that India was not meeting the needs of some large groups of people on remote islands.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
I read this weekend that India was not meeting the needs of some large groups of people on remote islands.

care to post a link ?
post #6 of 6
It was either at CNN or NYT but I couldn't find it back when I posted.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › India refuse humanitaran aid