or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › OMFG... Is this true!?!

OMFG... Is this true!?!  

post #1 of 37
Just read about this in my local paper. Can anyone confirm that this is not a hoax?

Original story:
http://rawstory.rawprint.com/1204/we...ement_1230.php
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #2 of 37
Seems to be. Google is your friend.
post #3 of 37
they seem to have a bit of an output!

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
http://www.godhatessweden.com/
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/default.asp
www.westborobaptist.ca
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/
http://www.rickross.com/groups/westboro.html
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/faq.html#Tsunami

about them
http://www.rslevinson.com/gaylesissu...bldriley01.htm

And people wonder why I have issues with 'fundamentalists'.

I tell you, if George isn't the anti-christ, then the whole god-damn 'fundamentalist' movement IS. I can't wait for the backlash. 18 months and counting.
post #4 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
they seem to have a bit of an output!

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
http://www.godhatessweden.com/
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/default.asp
www.westborobaptist.ca
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/
http://www.rickross.com/groups/westboro.html
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/faq.html#Tsunami

about them
http://www.rslevinson.com/gaylesissu...bldriley01.htm

And people wonder why I have issues with 'fundamentalists'.

I tell you, if George isn't the anti-christ, then the whole god-damn 'fundamentalist' movement IS. I can't wait for the backlash. 18 months and counting.

You do realize that these are the product of one (primarily) man and his "congregation" (which appears to be mostly family members/descendents), don't you?

I don't say this to excuse it, but rather to illustrate the (very distinct) probability that this is a hateful minority that just happen to use the Christian Bible to further (or justify) their hatred.

Bottom line...you certainly ought not judge all Christians by the lunatic ravings of one man or (small) group.
post #5 of 37
what the fuck?!!!!! how can some people have so much hate?
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
You do realize that these are the product of one (primarily) man and his "congregation" (which appears to be mostly family members/descendents, don't you?

I don't say this to excuse it, but rather to illustrate the (very distinct) probability that this is a hateful minority that just happen to use the Christian Bible to further (or justify) their hatred.

Bottom line...you certainly ought not judge all Christians by the lunatic ravings of one man or (small) group.

you do realise that for every 100 Christians that might be 'good' that 1 bad one can ruin it for all of them?

But you don't care, just keep working on that 'formula' to bring 'em round slowly - if you have the time, or convictions, hey.
post #7 of 37
Quote:
you do realise that for every 100 Christians that might be 'good' that 1 bad one can ruin it for all of them?

But you don't care, just keep working on that 'formula' to bring 'em round slowly - if you have the time, or convictions, hey.

Oh, that's right, I keep forgetting, you're a troll.

post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by mattjohndrow
what the fuck?!!!!! how can some people have so much hate?

they're trying very, very, hard to adhere to Gods word, so they can secure themselves a place in heaven.

They think that arrogantly shouting their bible-justified hate, that God will be pleased with them.

Sad, frightened, losers really.
post #9 of 37
Quote:

what part do you disagree with?
post #10 of 37
Quote:
You do realize that these are the product of one (primarily) man and his "congregation" (which appears to be mostly family members/descendents), don't you?

Unfortunately I've come across quite a few people with this attitude.

Minority? I'm not quite sure. They'd have to take a poll or something.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #11 of 37
That site is so bizarre that I have to wonder if it's real or a parody. It's hard to imagine a parody being more extreme.
post #12 of 37
These guys are (sadly) for real.

Notice the "666" in their ZIP code. Whatever can that mean?
post #13 of 37
i was waiting for someone to tie this tsunami to some sort of holy cleansing of the earth BS. can't wait for it to make the rounds in some of the evangelicals around my neck of the woods.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #14 of 37
Last time I saw that kind of hate expressed for the other side, MarcUK was posting in a thread...

Seriously, this guy's a nut. He was coming to Canada to burn the flag a few years ago.
There was talk of keeping him out by invoking some immigration provisions and NOBODY - from the most ACLU leftist to the most hard right evangelical - complained.

The whole church/family commune thing puts him miles outside any kind of mainstream grouping. Reminds me more of Koresh & Co., or that UFO watching suicide cult some years ago.

Deep down, I think people like these are drawn to such hate because they need somebody to blame for the mistakes they've made or some problems they've encountered in life.

For those of you who have never faced down such people before, you'd be surprised how fast the angry veneer falls when genuine concern for them is expressed politely and quietly. (Of course, you have to be familiar with scripture and church 'lingo' to debate with them at all.)

But trying to "fight fire with fire" (the usual AI solution ) is usually a recipe for disaster.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #15 of 37
Just shameful. These people are right up there with SH and OBL and the rest in the hate speech arena.

Talk about holding a grudge and then building on it.

Yikes.
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Just shameful. These people are right up there with SH and OBL and the rest in the hate speech arena.

Talk about holding a grudge and then building on it.

Yikes.

Yes, but 80% of what is written on that flyer is consistant with your beliefs on homosexuality, so it's not too much of a stretch to believe that you would condone the other 20% is it?
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank777
Last time I saw that kind of hate expressed for the other side, MarcUK was posting in a thread...

Whatever dude, should we just happily tolerate this kind of crap, so that we don't appear to be hypocrites?
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Yes, but 80% of what is written on that flyer is consistant with your beliefs on homosexuality, so it's not too much of a stretch to believe that you would condone the other 20% is it?

Logical fallacy of the clearest example.

You believe in abortion on demand, and in assisted suicide for folks suffering who don't care to suffer anymore.

Therefore, is it really so hard to believe you would kill your neighbor when he is causing you suffering and isn't wanted around by you anymore?

Try not to make logical leaps. The are silly as shown by the example above. Just because you don't endorse driving the same kind of car as your neighbor doesn't mean you want the car totaled, your neighbor dead, etc.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Just because you don't endorse driving the same kind of car as your neighbor doesn't mean you want the car totaled, your neighbor dead, etc.

Nick

Only when the car alarm constantly goes off at 4am.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by audiopollution
Only when the car alarm constantly goes off at 4am.

That might even be justifiable in some jurisditions.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE HUMOR DEFICIENT: The above does not consitute legal advice or even a suggestion of harm to another person...it's a JOKE!
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Logical fallacy of the clearest example.

You believe in abortion on demand, and in assisted suicide for folks suffering who don't care to suffer anymore.

Therefore, is it really so hard to believe you would kill your neighbor when he is causing you suffering and isn't wanted around by you anymore?

Try not to make logical leaps. The are silly as shown by the example above. Just because you don't endorse driving the same kind of car as your neighbor doesn't mean you want the car totaled, your neighbor dead, etc.

Nick

Is there something they feed the right-wingers that purposely makes them not get it every time?
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Is there something they feed the right-wingers that purposely makes them not get it every time?

The same thing you are eating to not get it every time?

post #23 of 37
Quote:
they're trying very, very, hard to adhere to Gods word, so they can secure themselves a place in heaven.

They think that arrogantly shouting their bible-justified hate, that God will be pleased with them.

Sad, frightened, losers really.

So true.
With this Tsunami it has been 100% proven that the story about Noah is bogus. The animals on this planet do not need some fag with a boat to save them. The exact opposite is true. 150,000 plus people dead vs 2 animals.

Humans seem to have their heads stuck in god's ass so they can't hear what mother earth is saying.
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by jamac
With this Tsunami it has been 100% proven that the story about Noah is bogus.

And you wonder why your "facts" and "scientific proofs" cannot be trusted? It is totally ludicrous statements such as this.
post #25 of 37
Quote:
The same thing you are eating to not get it every time?

what am I not getting? the fact that if you choose to vocalize a very intolerant viewpoint, you will be guilty by association, when that viewpoint becomes a bit more extreme, especially when you do nothing to distance yourself from it.

What don't you understand?

Its sad but funny, that when the right start rolling out their little analogies to show how unreasonable my thinking is, that the analogy doesn't resemble the statement by any stretch of the imagination.

Does common sense, go out the window when the wingers wish to make an argument? would you not have any morals or common sense practises IF it wasn't explicitly written down in your book of mythology?
post #26 of 37
Quote:
what am I not getting? the fact that if you choose to vocalize a very intolerant viewpoint, you will be guilty by association, when that viewpoint becomes a bit more extreme, especially when you do nothing to distance yourself from it.

What don't you understand?

Its sad but funny, that when the right start rolling out their little analogies to show how unreasonable my thinking is, that the analogy doesn't resemble the statement by any stretch of the imagination.

Does common sense, go out the window when the wingers wish to make an argument? would you not have any morals or common sense practises IF it wasn't explicitly written down in your book of mythology?

post #27 of 37
Quote:

Oh, that's right, I keep forgetting, when logic fails you, you revert to trotting out labels - labels you apparently so despise.

Instead of posting crap, why don't you do something useful and rewrite that little formula of yours to persuade the nasty bastards to act like human beings,
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Oh, that's right, I keep forgetting, when logic fails you

You are the one throwing out the logical fallacies like if you are Christian...and X hateful moron is a Christian...then you must agree with/condone everything he says.
post #29 of 37
Tell me, what part of the following statement did you not understand.?

"if you choose to vocalize a very intolerant viewpoint, you will be guilty by association, when that viewpoint becomes a bit more extreme, especially when you do nothing to distance yourself from it."
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Tell me, what part of the following statement did you not understand.?

"if you choose to vocalize a very intolerant viewpoint, you will be guilty by association, when that viewpoint becomes a bit more extreme, especially when you do nothing to distance yourself from it."

Well let's begin with the logic:

Quote:
"if you choose to vocalize a very intolerant viewpoint, you will be guilty by association"

If I vocalize any viewpoint, I am not guilty by association...I am the one saying it. No one else. Me.

Quote:
"especially when you do nothing to distance yourself from it."

So you are saying if I don't do anything to distance myself from some statement made by some other person, that I am guilty by association? I'm trying to think of how many different ways this idea is stupid.

Going back to the beginning of this thread...I don't even know who the heck this guy/group is.Never met him/them. Never heard of them until this thread. How is it even remotely possible for me to be guilty be association (other than in your illogical mind)?
post #31 of 37
I can only suggest you go resit first grade reading comprehension.
post #32 of 37
Quote:
I can only suggest you go resit first grade reading comprehension.

Not having any problems at all. You seem to have a problem expressing yourself.
post #33 of 37
Tell me what part of this statement did you not understand.

post #34 of 37
Quote:
Tell me what part of this statement did you not understand.

I've already been over that. See my post about it a few up from here.
post #35 of 37
and your reply made it very clear you didn't understand it originally, when you replied, or now, so tell me.

what part of the following statement did you not understand.?

post #36 of 37
Quote:
and your reply made it very clear you didn't understand it originally, when you replied, or now, so tell me.

what part of the following statement did you not understand.?

Okay. Apparently none of it. I tried to explain what I thought you meant by this statement. Perhaps you need to re-word it.
post #37 of 37
Funny. But not that interesting. And certainly not according to the rulez.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › OMFG... Is this true!?!