or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › iWalk is fake.

iWalk is fake. - Page 3

post #81 of 88
[quote]Originally posted by LuckyJno:
<strong>

Not anymore...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

OK, then why would Apple Legal go after one and not the other?

FAKE!! oh well...

-Paul
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #82 of 88
Hard to believe that anyone with access to such a device would risk their job just to leak a rumor. This goes beyond photos, the guy leaves more evidence than worker bee did for Apple legal to find him.

Unless this is some guy who lost his job at Apple already, or has gotten access to a unit outside of Apple, I just don't buy it that someone would risk so much for a rumor.

Remember, Worker Bee is on everyone's mind at Apple. He was made an example of, for a reason.
post #83 of 88
I think the thing that led me to be a sceptic from the beginning was the name. We know that Apple plan ahead so there is a reason for them to name their products like they do. And if you think of the names iPod and iWalk it just don´t make sense:

iPod = The 21. century Walkman
iWalk = Holder of many things (calender, calculator, programs etc.)

It should be the other way round. I think the iPod will grow more advanced in itself so I thought the naming was wrong. But its a lame argument if the video didn´t have any flaws. "oh yeah? but the name is wrong" just isn´t an argument if everything else points in another direction.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #84 of 88
[quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:
<strong>Hard to believe that anyone with access to such a device would risk their job just to leak a rumor. This goes beyond photos, the guy leaves more evidence than worker bee did for Apple legal to find him.

Unless this is some guy who lost his job at Apple already, or has gotten access to a unit outside of Apple, I just don't buy it that someone would risk so much for a rumor.

Remember, Worker Bee is on everyone's mind at Apple. He was made an example of, for a reason.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Even if he lost his job already, couldnt he be sued?

-Paul
post #85 of 88
It's definately fake.
post #86 of 88
The video and the pictures are fairly convincing. The unit is real, though it may or may not be by Apple, and the software may or may not be some vapor sleight-of-hand. If it's a fraud, it's a very well-done fraud.

Here's the two major problems I see so far:

1) The name: someone pointed out that iWalk is not a registered Apple name. Also, the domain iwalk.com was registered back in April '97 by somebody else. Apple might be waiting until the introduction to register the name, but are they going to pay big bucks to buy the domain name from somebody when they could have spent $35 for a name/domain name that wasn't taken?

2) Cease & Desist: It's possible that Apple is not issuing a C&D order because they don't want to validate the rumor. Here's the problem with that theory: SpyMac showed us another handheld device called the iWalk several months ago. If this one is the real deal, then that one was probably an early prototype... why no C&D order back then? The picture is still available in their archives.
post #87 of 88
take a look at the AC outlet...clearly foreign...possibly from Singapore, no doubt. where some Apple products are made...iPod, iBook, TiBook...anything which needs compacting.

true, some things just don't make any sense. like the Apple logo on the jog wheel...in some photos, its upright and in others, sideways.

who knows for sure!?
post #88 of 88
[quote]Originally posted by kandyland:
<strong>true, some things just don't make any sense. like the Apple logo on the jog wheel...in some photos, its upright and in others, sideways. </strong><hr></blockquote>

ehehe they are pitching that as a feature@
-Paul
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › iWalk is fake.