or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Prince Harry really is a Nazi

Prince Harry really is a Nazi

post #1 of 28
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...azi/index.html
post #2 of 28
Quote:

Harry, the royal thing and the british media are equally to blame.

- Harry, because he looks like more a golden Hooligan than anything else
- the royal thing, because bring in a front of the spot light such a young man is insane
- the english tabloid, for harrasing people with stupidities
post #3 of 28
Doc

Quote:
the english tabloid, for harrasing people with stupidities

meaning Harry is a person with stupidity or

the issue is stupid and not worth reporting?
post #4 of 28
The British royal family are Germans though.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc

- the royal thing, because bring in a front of the spot light such a young man is insane

The guy (third in line to the british throne) dressed as a Nazi for FUN !!!!! for gods sake.

I think making excuses for him by blaming the media is a little nieve, you can't just walk into a fancy dress shop and rent one of those uniforms, there has to have been definite forethought and planning.

Also bear in mind that the prince wants to go to Sandhurst (top british military academy) later this year. ANYONE else with a picture/story like this in their past would be immediately withdrawn from the application process. I bet my new iPod Shuffle that his application will continue unaffected.

Yet another british royal showing how far out of touch they are with the real world.

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by johnrp
The guy (third in line to the british throne) dressed as a Nazi for FUN !!!!! for gods sake.

I think making excuses for him by blaming the media is a little nieve, you can't just walk into a fancy dress shop and rent one of those uniforms, there has to have been definite forethought and planning.

Also bear in mind that the prince wants to go to Sandhurst (top british military academy) later this year. ANYONE else with a picture/story like this in their past would be immediately withdrawn from the application process. I bet my new iPod Shuffle that his application will continue unaffected.

Yet another british royal showing how far out of touch they are with the real world.

j.

He's a druggie though isn't he - maybe affected his judgement...
post #7 of 28
Segovius you are right the royal family is of German extraction but that is still no excuse. All germans are not Nazi's.

and as for the Druggie remark you are right again
But this guy is so pampered he probably doesn't brush his own teeth in the morning (he even had a teacher pass his ART exam for him) there is no way he would have the ability (intelligence or know how) to sort out a costume all by himself, either the Nazi one or the Lion one he was reported to also be wearing at the party.

j.
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Segovius you are right the royal family is of German extraction but that is still no excuse. All germans are not Nazi's.

and as for the Druggie remark you are right again
But this guy is so pampered he probably doesn't brush his own teeth in the morning (he even had a teacher pass his ART exam for him) there is no way he would have the ability (intelligence or know how) to sort out a costume all by himself, either the Nazi one or the Lion one he was reported to also be wearing at the party.

j.

Yeah, I was kind of joking - I often find they don't have the necessary smilies !

My mother swears that Harry is the spitting image of James Hewitt. Not so sure myself...
post #9 of 28
That my friend is the second of the great untold news stories of the Windsor dynasty.

The first being that Andrew looks very disimilar to both his brothers (and father) and very similar to the head of the Queens stables around 9 months before he was born.

j.

edit: sorry forgot to add, that the press have these stories (and did at the time) but are made to sit on them.
post #10 of 28
Quote:

I am anti-royalist and even more anti-tabloid but in my incredibly brief exposure to this story I thought I picked up that he was not "dressed as a Nazi" but rather dressed as a member of the African Corps (i.e. a german soldier) for a party themed around 'native and colonial'.

I'm not sure that will make any difference to people determined to be outraged but I thought I'd throw it in.
a flirt with mediocrity comes with heavy penalty
a flirt with mediocrity comes with heavy penalty
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by stupider...likeafox
I am anti-royalist and even more anti-tabloid but in my incredibly brief exposure to this story I thought I picked up that he was not "dressed as a Nazi" but rather dressed as a member of the African Corps (i.e. a german soldier) for a party themed around 'native and colonial'.

I'm not sure that will make any difference to people determined to be outraged but I thought I'd throw it in.

I think it was the whacking great swastika armband that occasioned comment.

What people need to understand about the British press is that they are basically the lowest form of pondlife and are effectively just a bunch of scum sitting around waiting for incidents like this to happen.

If they don't happen they will manufacture them - as long as they are about sex, general morality, or bashing prominent people (as in this case).

What they NEVER do and never will is go after the real scum at the top or focus on anything that remotely surpasses the superficially banal and inanely stupid.

Whatever you think of Harry (and he was stupid) or any of their other victims - the British gutter press are the scum of the earth.
post #12 of 28
Oh where's Scott, where's Scott?
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
Oh where's Scott, where's Scott?

post #14 of 28
Quote:

j.

1) I don't really mind what kind of clothers for fun he choose. The english tabloid should better report more important things. Oh wait, they are only tabloids ...

2) As an aristocrat, belonging to the royal family and paid by the british for a job of representation ( a well paid job that is), he should be more cautious with that.
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
I think it was the whacking great swastika armband that occasioned comment.

What people need to understand about the British press is that they are basically the lowest form of pondlife and are effectively just a bunch of scum sitting around waiting for incidents like this to happen.

If they don't happen they will manufacture them - as long as they are about sex, general morality, or bashing prominent people (as in this case).

What they NEVER do and never will is go after the real scum at the top or focus on anything that remotely surpasses the superficially banal and inanely stupid.

Whatever you think of Harry (and he was stupid) or any of their other victims - the British gutter press are the scum of the earth.

Yes some part of the british press is really a shame. I don't know who to blame, the press or the people reading it.
We have also this form of press in France, I refuse to buy it, and even reading it.
post #16 of 28
It was not that long ago that Halloween was upon us. I was at a party where among the usual Vampires and Wolfmen, there were 2 Hitlers, 1 SS officer and several Suicide Bombers. Isn't it part of Human Nature to mock the most terrbile things, as if to rob them of their power to offend and shock?

I'm also conscious that Harry is 20 years old. The things he has been in trouble inthe press for recently include, smoking some weed and partying hard. I am grateful that I was not under the sort of surveilance that he is when I was twenty.

my two cents.
Smile on mighty Jesus,
Spinal Meningitis got me down!
Smile on mighty Jesus,
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by slyinthedam
It was not that long ago that Halloween was upon us. I was at a party where among the usual Vampires and Wolfmen, there were 2 Hitlers, 1 SS officer and several Suicide Bombers. Isn't it part of Human Nature to mock the most terrbile things, as if to rob them of their power to offend and shock?

I'm also conscious that Harry is 20 years old. The things he has been in trouble inthe press for recently include, smoking some weed and partying hard. I am grateful that I was not under the sort of surveilance that he is when I was twenty.

my two cents.

But his brother is under even more surveillance and he seems to be able to play the 'bad boy' on occasion and get away with it.
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
But his brother is under even more surveillance and he seems to be able to play the 'bad boy' on occasion and get away with it.

So are you saying tht Harry is the diversion so that Willy can be as wild as he likes and still be good king material?
Smile on mighty Jesus,
Smile on mighty Jesus,
post #19 of 28
Quote:
So are you saying tht Harry is the diversion so that Willy can be as wild as he likes and still be good king material?

Harry will O.D. He's got doomer loser written all over him

He can't not.

Oh, and by the way, as far as the costume, I could care less, except I'd rather it have been a nicer Nazi costume, worn smartly with a Cleese-like wit. But alas, Harry is sorely lacking any.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #20 of 28
Quote:

No, but I think that the press have certain 'restrictions' placed on them by government. Things they cannot do or report.

When they are the subject of one of these restrictions they tend to overcompensate in nastiness to the nearest person/area they can get to the 'ban'.

William is off-limits so they go after his brother. You saw similar thing with Diana where Charles was off-limits.

Works with Blair too.
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
Harry will O.D. He's got doomer loser written all over him

He can't not.

Oh, and by the way, as far as the costume, I could care less, except I'd rather it have been a nicer Nazi costume, worn smartly with a Cleese-like wit. But alas, Harry is sorely lacking any.

Yes, any one with half a brain would have gone for the full-on camped-up Nazi kitsch of 'the Producers' and said 'deal with it'.
post #22 of 28
In my job, I would at the very least be severely disciplined if pictures of me in a Nazi uniform were taken and then circulated. In all probability I would be suspended and then sacked.

Ironically, the person to whom I am supposed to swear allegiance is Harry's Gran and if this, third in line young man, were to become monarch my oath would be to him.

Whether or not our papers are 'scum' (I don't know I gave up reading them long ago) is besides the point; despite the education lavished upon him this boy is dumb, hereditary heads of state are dumb and we just make ourselves a laughing stock by putting up with it.
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Zarathustra
In my job, I would at the very least be severely disciplined if pictures of me in a Nazi uniform were taken and then circulated. In all probability I would be suspended and then sacked.

True, but being a Queen or a King is not a job. Its a way of saying 'hey sucker, I'm better then you so watcha gonna do?'. They're not Queens or Kings because they poses a skill and were hired to perform work thus utilizing that skill; they are mere mortals just like you and me who just happen to belong to a family that somehow is on top of others as far as rank goes.

Not elected, not chosen, not even desired (to some extent); they're the modern day tyrrants, that, yet again, just happen to be 'kind' and 'passionate'.

And this is not an attempt to disrespect The Crown, nor is it an attempt to belittle the current Crown holder; I'm just a person that sees no purpose in monarchs and the likes, and sees the future of the world as a civil society with no Presidents and Kings and Prime Minister, but just Natural Order as decreed by Mother Nature. [just kidding on this one.]
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc

I think this is astute and correct. But in the final analysis, Harry is a dumbass.
post #25 of 28
I think this is overblown -- I also don't think Americans understand the way Europeans handle irony.

Wait, does this mean Graham Chapman really was a woman?

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #26 of 28
Americans understand irony just fine. And poor taste.

We also understand this is a case of the latter, not the former.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #27 of 28
I bet Prince Philip picked the costume out for him.
post #28 of 28
If his father had picked it out he would have been dressed as a tampon.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Prince Harry really is a Nazi