or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple Mac mini as a new Platform

Apple Mac mini as a new Platform - Page 2

post #41 of 124
Here's my vision for dance and electronic music... TranceFire

Slices are TranceFire modules based on very popular analog synths that give you that warm rush on the dance floor as the DJ drops the phat tracks and your pills kick in

The "breakout box" is the 2nd slice from the top, the one with at logo mod - that's right, that's the logo for Apple2 8)

The Apple2 TranceFire hub is the master module that translates all the FireWire inputs from the TranceFire synth modules and the one that sends the FireWire signal.

IMPORTANT: Why have the TranceFire modules?
1. they reduce CPU load, software-based synth chews up CPU
2. hardware synth sounds better, especially analog
3. all analog to digital conversion is done within the module,
so Mini gets nice clean separate digital tracks from all modules
4. this is a much lower cost and convenient alternative to wrangling
separate hardware synths of different form factors
5. reduces cable mess and noise significantly

This would go sweet with bluetooth MIDI controller keyboards (not shown) to enter notes and control the separate TranceFire modules

post #42 of 124
TranceFire ~ The all singing all dancing Mac mini Slice!

Well I suppose that once enough of those "pills" kick in, I'd be moved to take the dance floor like John Travolta, but chances of that aside, you have defined a very nice niche set of slices. And ++ points for graphic work on this entrant.
OSX + Duals, Quads & Octos = World Domination
post #43 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Aphelion
TranceFire ~ The all singing all dancing Mac mini Slice!

Well I suppose that once enough of those "pills" kick in, I'd be moved to take the dance floor like John Travolta, but chances of that aside, you have defined a very nice niche set of slices. And ++ points for graphic work on this entrant.

thanks aph
oh, and i've been off the pills for a year now... the music and people and sex and stuff do it for me nowadays

yeah i just went ultracore-minimalist with the graphix i was a bit lazy to put in any knobs and lcds and stuff but it seems to have worked out better in the end
post #44 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by jaslu81
Holy moly are you guys in left field with this Mac Mini xGrid stuff... we're months away from quad PowerMacs (two dual core chips) and Power5 based units are likley within a year and you are excited about hooking up two or more single unit 1.25 GHz G4's?

Soooo... you're suggesting that I load 4 copies of Bryce into my single dual core PowerMac? Unfortunately, Bryce Lightning it won't interoperate that way. It only works on multiple independent machines, as I understand it.

Or, install multiple Photosops into one tower? So I could Batch process one while doing assembly with the other?

Would this work? Not so sure.

And, as the current high-end machine retails (base RAM) at about 3K, I could get 6 Minis for the same coin.

All I'm saying is, hmmmm...

Plus, as we keep forgetting, a G4 machine is a pretty powerful computer... or at least it was marketed as a Supercomputer when it debuted.
post #45 of 124
I discovered the an interesting take on The Mac Mini Platform today and thought I'd give this thread a bump by posting it. From the link:

Quote:
Ubiquitous computing or Apple as consumer electronic giant

Ubiquitous computing has long been a dream but Apple may be working on it. Notice how they tend to look at the PC world: ugly boxes, bad design, etc... The only company that seems to scare them a little is Sony. Why Sony?

Well, because Sony is a consumer electronic giant and that's where Apple wants to play. At the end of the day, Steve Jobs realizes that the days of Apple as a computer company are numbered. However, the company can reinvent itself as a consumer electronics giant.

This is where the mini goes. It's not really a computer but it may be the second front in the battle for consumer electronic supremacy.

I can already hear nay-sayers going "But Steve always says that there is no play for Video..."

If that's truly the case, explain the work on Quicktime? Explain why the company continues to invest in products like iLife and Final Cut (and its express version)?

The truth is that up until last week, Steve Jobs was on the record poo-pooing the flash MP3 player market (that is, until he introduced an Apple branded one.)

At the end of the day, what he's building with the mini is a platform, not just offering a new product.

Also there is some great information about the Mac mini at This Site

It would seem that the Mac mini is a runaway best seller, the online Apple Store is at a 3 to 4 week shipping delay and reports are coming in that the Apple Stores (brick and mortar) had lines forming before opening and that the Mac minis were sold out in the first hour.

This will help establish the Mac mini as a platform that third party manufacturers will rally around with Slices to add to the phenomenal success of this new Macintosh.
post #46 of 124
-spacemonk
-spacemonk
post #47 of 124
While I have doubts, what I really like about the Cringley article, and why I think he "gets it" is because he specifically dismisses the TV fantasy. His speculation is the most compelling because he found a place for Apple to innovate (meaning to make accessible and compelling) in the HD delivery market. His point about no one having real control or momentum in that market is quite right. The usual cabal of companies control both TV and non-HD movie content, but everyone is really slow out of the gate with regard to this HD transition, particularly with movies, even cable PPV.

I can accept the guess/hope that H.264 makes both downloads of HD movie content (say, 2 hours playback of just 720p, not even 1080i) practical over consumer broadband, and that with QT 7, it can be played back on the Mac mini's current hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if that's just a bit too optimistic though.
post #48 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by spacemonk
Check out latest Cringely article:

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20050120.html

Well all those new Mac mini owners are going to be needed to make the Apple Movie Store a success.
post #49 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by jaslu81
Home theater on a mini?

"While H.264 is a computationally advanced codec, it runs on todays shipping computers with no additional hardware required. For example, a full HD movie (1920x1080, 8 Mbps, 24 fps) encoded with H.264 plays back beautifully on a dual Power Mac G5. Internet-sized content (40kbps - 300kbps) will run on the most basic of processors, like those in mobile phones and consumer-level computers."

It takes a dual G5 to play back 1080i/1080p? I think Apple is going to have to discuss video card decode assist with ATI and nVidia. The other two codecs being put into HD are much less resource hungry. With a Radeon, an 800MHz PC can decode 1080i coded as MPEG-2, without a Radeon, it is 1.6GHz. A 3GHz single CPU x86 system can play back 1080p WMV-HD without issue.
post #50 of 124
If my $200 STB can decode a 1080i HD signal, am I meant to believe that a decent G4 cannot? I can hardly believe that my RCA DirecTV HD receiver is that powerful...
post #51 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Sport73
If my $200 STB can decode a 1080i HD signal, am I meant to believe that a decent G4 cannot? I can hardly believe that my RCA DirecTV HD receiver is that powerful...

ummm... not that your HD receiver is so powerful, but it has some dedicated chips designed to run those HD-decoding instructions. whereas the G4 is designed to run multiple kinds of instructions. dedicated hardware will normally beat out a computer CPU at a dedicated task

am i right guys?
post #52 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
ummm... am i right guys?

Yes you are right. However H.264 in Quicktime 7 will allow a stone stock Mac mini to display TV at DVD resolution. To get Hi Def TV on the Mac mini a similarly cheap Mini Slice will be needed to decode the HD signal and pass it via firewire to the host computer.

Could the first Mini Slice be the rumored "Asteroid" device from Apple, shown and released at NAB? It makes perfect sense to me that Apple has plans to make this the "Year of HD" by releasing such a product.

The Mac mini was not put together in a vacuum, Apple plans to capitalize on the Mac mini as a platform to launch other complimenting products with higher margins to keep their overall profit levels in the high 20% range.
post #53 of 124
Now, if only I could figure out how to adjust/eliminate the overscan on my Hitachi 50VS810 HDTV either via the set or through the Mac (ResolutionX; DisplayConfigX) I'd be a very happy camper.

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
post #54 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Sport73
Now, if only I could figure out how to adjust/eliminate the overscan on my Hitachi 50VS810 HDTV either via the set or through the Mac (ResolutionX; DisplayConfigX) I'd be a very happy camper.

For, that sort of thing you really need to get into the service menu of the TV. No Mac or PC is going to "fix" that without digitally downscaling the image, which can have negative impact on the picture. Using a computer to downscale doesn't fix the other inputs either.

If you aren't a tweaker, I don't recommend going into the service menu, but it will get you the best results.
post #55 of 124
Quote:
Could the first Mini Slice be the rumored "Asteroid" device from Apple, shown and released at NAB? It makes perfect sense to me that Apple has plans to make this the "Year of HD" by releasing such a product.

is asteroid to be released at NAB or NAMM? if NAB, it's video related forr shurre, if NAMM, its an Audio breakout box that undercuts m-audio's very very popular boxes (m-audios gear is rock solid just works, frequently released drivers, excellent value for money)

http://www.m-audio.com

ummm... okay, NAMM just wrapped... and no sign of asteroid

...the plot thickenssss
post #56 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffDM
For, that sort of thing you really need to get into the service menu of the TV. No Mac or PC is going to "fix" that without digitally downscaling the image, which can have negative impact on the picture. Using a computer to downscale doesn't fix the other inputs either.

If you aren't a tweaker, I don't recommend going into the service menu, but it will get you the best results.

Actually its a good sign that the signal being generated falls outside of the specification of the TV. There are all sorts of ways to control the timing for signal position, its not just image data in the stream. There is plenty of blank space used for horizontal and vertical timing.

Unfortunately I dont know how to edit that timing on a mac. On X11 its pretty easy, just edit the xconfig file.
post #57 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by mmmpie
Actually its a good sign that the signal being generated falls outside of the specification of the TV.

Correction, for TVs, there is signal AND a fair bit of the image falls outside of the display area. Unlike computer monitors (specifically CRT), the vertical and horizontal scan sweep distances can't be controlled from the video card.

Quote:
There are all sorts of ways to control the timing for signal position, its not just image data in the stream. There is plenty of blank space used for horizontal and vertical timing.

No, the image itself is actually overscanned by a significant margin, and there is significant blank area beyond the active image area for the timings.

The reasoning for overscanning is that the projected image on TVs shrinks as the TV ages. What happens is that 10% of the left edge of the image is off the screen, and the same goes for the right, top and bottom edges. If you've done any video editing or titling, this is what the "safe area" is about - to make sure what you write actually ends up on the TV.

In the service menu of many TVs, the scan width and scan hight can be reduced to minimize this. What a lot of computer TV cards to is use less of the image area, so an NTSC TV acts as maybe a 512x380 monitor unless this overscan is corrected in the TV and the video card's overscan compensation is turned off. Even if the video card *claims* it is outputting 800x600 it really is downscaling the image. When corrected, the TV stands a chance of being a real VGA monitor, though interlaced.

Quote:
Unfortunately I dont know how to edit that timing on a mac. On X11 its pretty easy, just edit the xconfig file.

The person I replied to mentioned a couple things that might work. It is best not to assume a TV behaves well as a monitor, it needs to be tweaked. The HDTV standard has less overscan, but it is still a bit of an issue. Sadly, even fixed pixel displays (LCD, DLP, plasma) have overscan set into them when fed a TV signal, unless it is corrected.
post #58 of 124
I was thinking that maybe Apple could come up with an iRAID mini utilizing the Apple Drive Modules found in the "real" server hardware. Too bad, they did not implemt FW800 or external SATA (II) connectivity.

Does anyone know by chance what the measurements of an ADM are and what the neccessary backplane looks like?

I really dig the "slices" concept and hope that a lot of the peripheral makers hop on.
post #59 of 124
Quote:
Is Apple developing a counterpoint to the Mac Mini? A new high-end workstation Mac with a "full-height" tower case, more expansion room than a PowerMac, and early-adopter features like DDR2-533 memory, PCI Express, as well as IBM POWER5-class processors has been spied in prototype form by reliable sources.

from macosrumours,com

i know they are, the cube reborn
post #60 of 124
This stackable mac is a great idea. Even if it was never the intent of Apple to create such a product, I think they'll quickly adopt the idea.

To truly accomplish the task, however, I would suggest two modifications to the Mini.

First, I'd redesign the bottom to allow secure stacking of "slices" while maintining some airflow. This modification would marginally increase the height of the mini, but wouldn't anticipate that an increase of 1/4 - 1/2 inch would detract from the mini's form factor.

The second modification should be the addition of firewire 800. With a purposely extensible platform, you want to ensure bandwith isn't a problem. If you're inputing video through one slice, moving it two a second slice, while copying files from a third slice, a little extra bandwith would be nice.
Apple's I've owned: AppleTV2; Ipad2; Iphone4; Iphone3; 13" 2010 MBP; 13" CoreDuo MB; 14" iBook (1 Ghz g4); Powerbase 240; PB 5300; Newton; PB 800; Mac LC; Mac plus; Mac 512; Apple II+.
Apple's I've owned: AppleTV2; Ipad2; Iphone4; Iphone3; 13" 2010 MBP; 13" CoreDuo MB; 14" iBook (1 Ghz g4); Powerbase 240; PB 5300; Newton; PB 800; Mac LC; Mac plus; Mac 512; Apple II+.
post #61 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Ompus
First, I'd redesign the bottom to allow secure stacking of "slices" while maintining some airflow. This modification would marginally increase the height of the mini, but wouldn't anticipate that an increase of 1/4 - 1/2 inch would detract from the mini's form factor.

Are you sure this is needed (or could not be taken care of by the "slices'" manufacturers? Here are my reasons:

- the Mac mini is designed to ensure proper airflow when placed on a flat surface,
- to accomplish this goal, the lower edge does not touch the ground (see here for photos),
- a matching recess could be molded into the add-on case's top cover just deep enough to ensure that the mini stays in place and still leaving a gap high enough to ensure proper airflow.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ompus
The second modification should be the addition of firewire 800. With a purposely extensible platform, you want to ensure bandwith isn't a problem. If you're inputing video through one slice, moving it two a second slice, while copying files from a third slice, a little extra bandwith would be nice.

So true, see my post above. How expensive might adding additional ports (just the interconnects) be? They could have added a port into the bottom that carries PCI (maybe even the express flavour) like they are used in notebooks to connect them to docking stations.
post #62 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by RolandG
- the Mac mini is designed to ensure proper airflow when placed on a flat surface,
- to accomplish this goal, the lower edge does not touch the ground (see here for photos),
- a matching recess could be molded into the add-on case's top cover just deep enough to ensure that the mini stays in place and still leaving a gap high enough to ensure proper airflow.

To illustarte: this is kind of what I am talking about. But I like the Mac mini's materials (aluminium and white polycarbonat) better than the acrylic.
post #63 of 124
In the image I posted, as well as sunilraman's images the slices fit flush with the aluminum body of the mini:

Now that the mini's airflow requirements are apparent, this type of slice would have to make allowances for this by channeling air to the mini from inside the slice's case. Leaving a gap between the two would also work, but be less elegant of a solution.

I hope that we will see the first mini slice from Apple looking very much like the above image, with everything needed inside to make the "digital hub" be finally realized.
post #64 of 124
Quote:
In the image I posted, as well as sunilraman's images the slices fit flush with the aluminum body of the mini

What is wanted to express was that there the first matching add-ons are popping up.
post #65 of 124
Yes, that was understood and appreciated, especially for the link.

The "mini skirt" looks cool. I'm sure that that will be the first of many.

Their existence, especially so soon, validates the premise of this thread.

post #66 of 124
Quote:
originally posted by Aphelion

Leaving a gap between the two would also work, but be less elegant of a solution.

How about a trough on the top of the "slice" that the feet of the mini fits into with an opening in the rear and walls on the front and side to disguise the gap.
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
post #67 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by LiquidR
How about a trough on the top of the "slice" that the feet of the mini fits into with an opening in the rear and walls on the front and side to disguise the gap.

It might look nicer, but I think that would cause an undesirable amount of air drag, overworking the built-in fan, and giving less air flow. Someone designing it this way could assist it by putting an intake fan into the slice in question.
post #68 of 124
Quote:
It might look nicer, but I think that would cause an undesirable amount of air drag, overworking the built-in fan, and giving less air flow. Someone designing it this way could assist it by putting an intake fan into the slice in question.

i'm thinking a highly conducting "cheese grater" kind of cooling slice somewhere in there to draw all the heat out

now where's that PhD in Thermodynamics* i have... i'm sure i left it lying around here somewhere

*actually i have a bachelor's degree in biology and computer science
post #69 of 124
Quote:
Yes, that was understood and appreciated, especially for the link.

The "mini skirt" looks cool. I'm sure that that will be the first of many.

Their existence, especially so soon, validates the premise of this thread.

Ummm... Why? Why this "skirt" thing? I can understand the monitor stands they're selling, and even the side-mounting kit. But why would anyone want a "skirt"?

Here's an idea: cable keeper "skirt". Raises the mini a few inches and has an open back to tuck all your unsightly cables underneath the mini.

I don't know that there are fortunes to be made here, but certainly some profitable products.

With the PowerBooks being speed-bumped, it will be interesting to see how much effort Apple puts into keeping the mini form going. Hopefully, a lot. Speed bumped minis by WWDC? 512MB standard. No price increase. Hopefully better GPU.

- Jasen.
post #70 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by jasenj1
Ummm... Why? Why this "skirt" thing? I can understand the monitor stands they're selling, and even the side-mounting kit. But why would anyone want a "skirt"?

The skirt itself is irelevant. But it demonstrates how a proper airflow can be achieved when developing functional "slices" (e.g. hard drive, I/O hub etc. slices)
post #71 of 124
Quote:
POS Slice ~ Point of sale terminal with touch screens Perhaps with a small LCD panel to show shoppers price totals etc.

Done.

http://www.nanonation.net

They are kiosks, which is more or less the same thing as what you are talking about. POSes are generally used by staff, not customers. Yeah, it's a nomenclature thing.

Anyway, I'm peripherally invovled in the POS business, and this was the first thing I thought of when I saw the mini. (My company designs/builds/sells very vertically integrated access control/payment/information systems to entertainment venues.) Basically, you all of the sudden have a very cheap, very integrable device that runs the best version of UNIX in the world, particularly when you have to develop media-rich applications.
Cat: the other white meat
post #72 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by Splinemodel
Done...

Great link Splinemodel! So without giving any NDA type of info, are your contacts considering integrating the mini into a POS terminal?

The kiosk's that nanonation are selling look great. See how fast someone has jumped on the mini as a platform to build on!
post #73 of 124
I don't have an NDA with nanonation yet. . . I just spotted them today since my company has to be very well informed of information devices that work with RFID. Even so, it looks like they put all of the info they have up on the web. Not only do they use minis, but they use XServes as Quicktime media servers.

I think it's really cool. Everyone knows already that OS X is the best OS out there for media-intense commercial applications. Now that Apple has a product that's applicable in a commercial sense, it should prove that the windows domination of the POS industry will begin to evaporate.

Funny thing is, the day the mini came out, I envisioned a nice, plastic POS that wears it like a backpack.
post #74 of 124
Here's an article from Digital Connect that is a great general review of the Mac mini, and has some interesting ideas about the Mac mini as a platform in the enterprise market.

Quote:
"The Mac mini's price, portability, wireless networking capabilities and bundled iLife '05 multimedia software make it an attractive option to Windows-based PCs for consumers, according to Tohan. "But that's probably not going to be as big of a market for it as, let's say, a company that needs 100 desktops and all those desktops are doing is e-mail, Web browsing and word processing," he said. "Why deal with 100 licenses for Windows XP and protection from viruses, spyware and adware? None of that will be an issue if those 100 people are connected via Mac minis."

"The base model of the Mac mini could make a fine second computer, possibly dedicated to music, movies and video, as its USB and FireWire ports enable storage, audio and video expansion," Gartner analyst Martin Reynolds said in a recent report. ( iServe? )

"Watch for the emergence of USB peripheral boxes that fully integrate the Mac [mini] into a home theater system, which will signal that the Mac mini has become a model for what a media PC could be," Reynolds added.( slice? )

I consider the inevitable penetration of the Mac mini into enterprise accounts an affirmation of the platform status that the Mac mini will attain. It will become the lowest common denominator of OSX for all types of instalations.

Cost analysis and TCO studies of the above referenced businesses needing 100 modern office workstations will be even more true for the company needing 1000 such devices for their office workers. An enterprise needing to upgrade 10,000 cubicles won't be far behind, as initial successes become proof of concept for the wholesale platform change to OSX via the Mac mini I expect to see.
post #75 of 124
For a small-to-medium-to-large enterprise, i think the mini Tower is great (with a 512mb 1.25ghz 40gb Mac Mini)

1. lifts the mini slightly off the desk -- avoids dust, pens, miscellanous crap scratching and clogging the mini. also, if you spill your coffee/beer(!) on your desk your mini is safe from harm

2. reduces footprint to leave increase desk space for other important stuff like pictures of your loved one/pet/spongeBob

3. protects the mini from scratches, spills, footballs or other objects being thrown around the office (you think i'm kidding about this)

4. if i am not wrong, increases airflow for the Bottom part of the mini (the Left/Right face when placed in the Tower side up) (there are matching vents in the acrylic) - increased longevity and reliability in corporate always-ON environments

5. stylish, unique appearance can have a positive effect on employee morale and daily work experience

PS. i am liking the tower! assuming adequate quality/airflow/stability testing is done, i'd love to see 10-100-1000 of these babies in a corporate environment... wouldn't that be an inspiring, beautiful breath of fresh air from black or beige Dulls

...and just think of all the reduced clutter and savings on ethernet cable set ups with Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and 802.11g (Airport Extreme) on thse babies.... just a Power and monitor cable comin out the back....
[now i got to think up a business case for this second part -- the Bluetooth and Airport full wireless mouse, keyboard, network]
post #76 of 124
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
...and just think of all the reduced clutter and savings on ethernet cable set ups with Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and 802.11g (Airport Extreme) on thse babies.... just a Power and monitor cable comin out the back....
[now i got to think up a business case for this second part -- the Bluetooth and Airport full wireless mouse, keyboard, network]

I think it would be a bad idea to have so many of these things in wireless mode for dense offices. For one, there's only so much spectrum, three usable non-overlapping bands for b/g networks and Bluetooth uses the same band too.

Wireless "g" has at best 20Mbps total transfer rate, and that is just for one AP and one client. More users cuts down on the grand total transfer rate and splits it down even further. Having so many people on a plain WLAN might not be so bad if all they do is access the Internet, but if too many try to move data the network will choke. For just one laptop, I've seen heavy WLAN activity slow down Bluetooth such that my mouse lagged over twice as much as usual.

Bluetooth is a lot better behaved with density, as it splits the available band into 79 slices, you mostly need to make sure you have fewer than that many systems within range, assuming there's no nasty channel-to-channel interference.
post #77 of 124
Quote:
I think it would be a bad idea to have so many of these things in wireless mode for dense offices. For one, there's only so much spectrum, three usable non-overlapping bands for b/g networks and Bluetooth uses the same band too.

Wireless "g" has at best 20Mbps total transfer rate, and that is just for one AP and one client. More users cuts down on the grand total transfer rate and splits it down even further. Having so many people on a plain WLAN might not be so bad if all they do is access the Internet, but if too many try to move data the network will choke. For just one laptop, I've seen heavy WLAN activity slow down Bluetooth such that my mouse lagged over twice as much as usual.

Bluetooth is a lot better behaved with density, as it splits the available band into 79 slices, you mostly need to make sure you have fewer than that many systems within range, assuming there's no nasty channel-to-channel interference.

point noted. i was wondering about those points at the back of my mind... we wouldn't want something silly like poor wireless planning/engineering messin up any flagship corporate mac mini rollouts
post #78 of 124

More of a slab than a slice, but an interesting concept for a Mac mini A/V dock
post #79 of 124
It's been about a month since the last post to this thread.

This is something I made for my mini:

It's not done yet, but it is real. The final project's appearance will be only slightly different from what is shown. I will try to match the finish a little better. The top plate to the "slice" isn't there yet and I don't have a skid pad on the bottom, so it will look a little better and rise slightly higher than in the picture.
post #80 of 124
Jeff, you da man. That is the bomb! y'all......

Um why do you need so many USB and firewire ports? Nah scratch that, good idea, you need like a million free USB ports nowadays for everything from thumbdrives to your rechargeable shaver.

Hella sweet
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple Mac mini as a new Platform