or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq election: secret candidates

Iraq election: secret candidates

post #1 of 4
Is it me or this the following a recipe for more mayhem:

Quote:
The identities of many of the candidates haven't been publicly disclosed and are likely to remain secret until after election day....

So basically you don't vote for the candidate but for the party (whilst not knowing who the candidate is). But:

Quote:
Party platforms also seem to be kept secret.

Is there really anyway this can still be called democracy ?

Linky
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 4
Has the elecction day been announced yet?
Stoo
Stoo
post #3 of 4
Isn't the UN running the election? I blame Kofi!
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Isn't the UN running the election? I blame Kofi!

I though the 'independent' government of Unocal-payee Iyad Allawi was running the state?!

Y'know, he assigns the dates, and its his government that runs the Central Election Commission that is helped by UN experts (including, American experts).

I really thought we 'transferred sovereignty' to Allawi and his gang. I didn't know we (them) just lied about that too.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq election: secret candidates