Escher

post #1 of 9
Powerfull stuff!

Have a look here, a study on one of Eschers drawings
post #2 of 9
I love Escher, great stuff.
post #3 of 9
escher is definitely amazing!
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #4 of 9
Hmm... I thought this thread was going to be about our fellow Appleinsider and subnotebook enthusiast.

Yeah, M.C. Escher was certainly a pioneer in visual interpretative study.
post #5 of 9
WOW!
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
post #6 of 9
i took this weird class in h.s. about all kinds of fringe-math topics. Escher was a big topic for a while. teacher showed us vids and explained some of the geometry and general math-yness behind some of his work. then we had a project to do an escher-style picture (one of the ones with redundant animals/objects morphing into other animals/things). its wicked hard, even when u like really understand the idea behind it and all.

he's really cool.
post #7 of 9
Often referred to as 'the mathematician's artist', an apt title, considering how complicated his works were mathematically.

Also of interest is the Lego Escher projects, which are quite neat as well.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Robot
Often referred to as 'the mathematician's artist', an apt title, considering how complicated his works were mathematically.

Also of interest is the Lego Escher projects, which are quite neat as well.

Godel Escher Bach by Douglas R. Hofstadter is a Must Read.

--B

post #9 of 9

Wow. I haven't logged onto AI in ages and just randomly stumbled across this post. :wow:

Hello, Tonton and all! :)

"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Escher