or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › George's Inauguration

George's Inauguration - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
I don't know what you are all complaining about, I LOVE a good coronation!

"All Hail Emperor Bush!"
or
is that:
"Aw, HELL, Emperor Bush!"
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Of course every hotel in and around DC is booked for that weekend. It would be interesting to see how much extra in taxes DC gets as a result. Boo hoo for them.

The hotels were filled for all previous inaugurations, too, when the federal government didn't stick the city with the bill. The fact is that the city is going to lose money on this that it shouldn't have to, and for previous inaugurations, hasn't.

Of course, changing the way you play the game when the rules no longer suit you is nothing new for the GOP *cough*DeLay*cough*

(Yes, I know the Repubs eventually backed down on that one, but only because people actually got mad for once. No one's going to get pissed about D.C. getting screwed... AGAIN.)
27" 3.06 GHz iMac

16 GB iPhone 4
80 GB iPod Classic
1 GB 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle

Apple TV (2nd gen)
Apple TV (1st gen 40 GB)
AirPort Extreme Base Station (802.11n)
27" 3.06 GHz iMac

16 GB iPhone 4
80 GB iPod Classic
1 GB 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle

Apple TV (2nd gen)
Apple TV (1st gen 40 GB)
AirPort Extreme Base Station (802.11n)
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Is this the same "war in Iraq" that was authorized by Congress in accordance with the Constitution?

Stupid.

Just because something is in accordance with the Constitution (which is still don't fully believe with the Iraq war and, more importantly, the following interrogations) doesn't necessarily require that the United States carry it out.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › George's Inauguration