or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Oil-For-Food - An American Pleads Guilty

Oil-For-Food - An American Pleads Guilty

post #1 of 14
click

Quote:
An Iraqi-American illegally acted as an agent for Iraq under Saddam Hussein and received millions of dollars worth of oil from the country's U.N. oil-for-food program, U.S. court documents showed on Tuesday.

Samir Vincent, 64, a naturalized American citizen, pleaded guilty to four charges as part of a plea deal with the government, which is investigating whether U.S. laws were violated in the $64 billion oil-for-food program.

According to documents filed in the U.S. District Court in New York, Vincent pleaded guilty to conspiring and acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign government, violating economic sanctions and income tax fraud violations.

Oops. Looks like the right-wing media's main anti-Europe/UN chicken has come home to roost.

Anyone who knew anything about the various UN programs related to Iraq knew that the US was shoulder-deep in all of it, but the right-wing media (especially blogs) were rabid in their pursuit of THE TRUTH about the Oil-For-Food program because of some juicy rumors about European and UN executive (Kofi's son) involvement.

This was all trumped up to cover up for the massive snow job that was the Bush administration's build-up to war and the horrendous failures

But now that it is an American pleading guilty and Kofi's son still without a shred of credible evidence against him... the blog guns have fallen silent.
proud resident of a failed state
post #2 of 14
yeah, (hate to quote myself but) as I said in another thread:

"There were crimes, but not nearly to the magnitude to which right-wingnuts claim . . .

Why would they ride this misguided train?!

Becaue it provides a (red herring) excuse for why the UN was against the Idiot-Invasion of Iraq . . . an excuse that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OBVIOUS DAMN REASONS: NAMELY, THAT BUSH IS A FUCKING LIAR!!!!!

Why would they need an excuse?

Because the members of the UN knew that the information that BushCo was peddling was, if not outright lies, then based on false information and wrong.

You will note, yet once again, that the mechanism that oversaw all deals through the very much needed Oil For Food Program, were defined and established by American let committees . . . it also was very well run, considering the vast amount of work necessarry for overseeing so many details . . . the problem was was that the Americans and British simply did not care about cost discrepencies (so they say) they only cared about weapons."
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #3 of 14
So let's see? The only country taking is serious enough to investigate and get a guilty plea is the one that's the real problem? Meanwhile the UN and Europeans are still successful in their coverup.

Great neolib analysis!
post #4 of 14
So let's see...
the fact that the only person pleading guilty so far is an American, is proof that the more guilty parties are in other countries?

Worst abuse of logic EVAR!! And for the Blind Boy Bush Booster Brigade, that's saying a lot.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #5 of 14
You're the one that's blind FormerLurker if you think the only reason no one in Europe has been convicted is because there is no crime there. You may want to educate yourself on this scandal and not speak out of ignorance in the future.
post #6 of 14
Scott:

Quote:
You may want to educate yourself on this scandal and not speak out of ignorance in the future.

Use this as an opportunity to educate us with facts. Not blogger speculation and jingoistic ranting, but facts.

If you feel confident enough to condescend to others as ignorant surely you have some facts to back yourself up.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
Scott:

Use this as an opportunity to educate us with facts. Not blogger speculation and jingoistic ranting, but facts.

If you feel confident enough to condescend to others as ignorant surely you have some facts to back yourself up.

Why don't you do the same rather than your anti-US tunnel vision. Put your thinknig cap on this time.
post #8 of 14
I linked to an article showing that an American has plead guilty to bilking the system.

Your turn.
post #9 of 14
Yes your turn Scott.

I will be not surprised if I heard that french or german or russian people violated this law. But the funny point is that the countrie who bring up this story is also involved in it ( I mean people coming from that countrie).

My opinion is that US wanted to get rid of Koffi Annan via the involvement of his son.
post #10 of 14
Alleged involvement of his son.

Might be true, might not be. We'll see.

But we do know one thing... the US was the main mover in the Oil-for-food program and its corrupt nature has turned the tables against the pro-war loyalists still bitter than "Old Europe" was 100% correct in resisting our liar president.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
I linked to an article showing that an American has plead guilty to bilking the system.

Your turn.

Clear proof that European allegation is "trumped up". At least in your simpleton logic.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Clear proof that European allegation is "trumped up". At least in your simpleton logic.

Wow, Scott, that is a very informative post! And not the least condescending or insulting, either. Nicely done...
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #13 of 14
The lack of facts against Europeans so far when the case made by the right-wing media has been that the Oil-For-Food Scandal is the sole purview of anti-war Europe is a pretty clear indication.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Alleged involvement of his son.

Might be true, might not be. We'll see.

But we do know one thing... the US was the main mover in the Oil-for-food program and its corrupt nature has turned the tables against the pro-war loyalists still bitter than "Old Europe" was 100% correct in resisting our liar president.

Right, alleged
My mistake
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Oil-For-Food - An American Pleads Guilty