or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

eMac and PowerBook declared EOL - Page 6

post #201 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
We're not expecting a G5 just an update to the dying line! If we get an update people will buy knowing that for at least 6 months their computer is top of the range. (Unless Apple launch a G5 which is thicker along side the current G4s in which case the time scale could be anything!)


Thank you!

So......... next Tuesday or sooner?
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
post #202 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
I think that you will get BOTH at the WWDC!

and it will be huge and just in time for back to school time orders.


Why release Tiger at a developers conference? They've been developing it for years and developers know it. It's much better to release in April and tell the developers in June how much they've sold etc.
post #203 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
Thank you!

So......... next Tuesday or sooner?

tomorrow anybody?!
post #204 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
tomorrow anybody?!

I'm with you............ tomorrow it is!

Honestly do you think it is possible?
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
post #205 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
Honestly do you think it is possible?

NO

unfortunately it's very unlikely, Apple like beginnings of weeks, sometimes Fridays, Wednesdays' and Thursday's are usually quite I think.
post #206 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Amorph
MacBidouille have been (way) wrong before. They're not an especially reliable rumor site.

They are not even a rumor site. They said publicly back in 2003 that they abandon the rumor business due to pressure "from certain Apple contacts", or something like that.

Since then, they report once in a while rumors circulating in the web, making clear that they are not trying to enter the rumor mill, just report what others say. I find their implication in the rumor mongering rather... entertaining, to say the least. "Now we are not trying to do rumors, but our dog reports a G5 Powerbook comes next month". Apparently they are very tempted by Mac rumors, but they fear something or someone. Hence the need to clear things up, before evil Apple forces bite them down. You do rumors or you do not do rumors. Like, for example Macs Only!, a site that ignores completely the rumors about Mac hardware and focuses only in news and facts.
post #207 of 316
you are totally right

i would never trust that site again

especially when the guy says: "i was told by someone that the powerbook..."

told by who ???

who knows ?

but it sounds like this site is inventing rumors and fake news



last week, he wrote that he was told by a secret source that stocks of powerbook in retail store are dry and today, he pretends again that someone told him the update for today was cancelled
post #208 of 316
All I know is my wife is starting to think she'll never get her PB. My credabilitty with her in the rumor department is pretty near 0. Next Tuesday?
post #209 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Carson O'Genic
All I know is my wife is starting to think she'll never get her PB. My credabilitty with her in the rumor department is pretty near 0. Next Tuesday?

Carson,

You should tell your wife that it will be here soon. I mean, we are going on more than rumors at this point. The stores are running out, Apple.com is not shipping for several days at this point, etc. The new Powerbooks will be here any hour!
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
post #210 of 316
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by ibook911
The stores are running out, Apple.com is not shipping for several days at this point, etc. The new Powerbooks will be here any hour!

We'll see... remember the Grand iMac Drought of 2004 (or was it 2003)?


(Actually, I don't think this'll happen again, just had to think of that when I read the post)

durandal
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
Reply
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
Reply
post #211 of 316
FROM MACRUMORS FORUMS:

Quote:
"I was just viewing the source code on the apple.com/powerbook/ and I was just curious to what the last lines could be?

<!--BEGIN AVENUE A-->

<img height="1" width="1" alt="" src="http://switch.atdmt.com/action/apple_g5_powerbook">
<!--END AVENUE A-->

Has this always been there? If so what could it mean (I only know minimal html and site building techniques).
sorry if this is old news..."
~ Paul
Reply
~ Paul
Reply
post #212 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by yoda_four
FROM MACRUMORS FORUMS:

<!--BEGIN AVENUE A-->
<img height="1" width="1" alt="" src="http://switch.atdmt.com/action/apple_g5_powerbook">
<!--END AVENUE A-->

Well, no doubt, this is really in the source code... either it is some kind of crazy cruel in joke, or... somethin to do with a PowerBook G5

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL
'hittin the ciggies
post #213 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
<!--BEGIN AVENUE A-->
<img height="1" width="1" alt="" src="http://switch.atdmt.com/action/apple_g5_powerbook">
<!--END AVENUE A-->

Well, no doubt, this is really in the source code... either it is some kind of crazy cruel in joke, or... somethin to do with a PowerBook G5

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL
'hittin the ciggies

Don't you know smoking is bad for you!!! Gosh you should know that.

"People don't want handouts! People want hand jobs!" ~ Connecticut governor William O'Neil at a political rally, followed by riotous applause
Reply
"People don't want handouts! People want hand jobs!" ~ Connecticut governor William O'Neil at a political rally, followed by riotous applause
Reply
post #214 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Algol
Don't you know smoking is bad for you!!! Gosh you should know that.


yeah tell that to NebagaKid... he got me hooked
post #215 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by yoda_four
FROM MACRUMORS FORUMS:

it's not on the Apple UK web-site - fi that means anything. Could still be a joke or a preparation, why put it in the old source code though?! I don't see a G5 soon, where's the evidence it's coming?
post #216 of 316
I just read from some Finnish forum, that one person had ordered his 12.1" PowerBook two weeks ago (January 12th). During the January 14th he got email from Apple Store (Finland?), that he will get his computer in January 25th. Now he has got email, that he will get his computer during the February 1st. What this mean? Could this mean, that G5 PBs are coming?
post #217 of 316
Come on Apple !

02/06/2005 : In your opinion it's possible a pb g5 ? It will be great to show it at Superbowl ( do you remember 1984 ? ) . I hope so .

A 1.5-1.67 upgrade sounds very bad . The laptop wintel have better cpu , better ram , better HD , better screen ...

Come on Apple ...
post #218 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratosfear
I just read from some Finnish forum, that one person had ordered his 12.1" PowerBook two weeks ago (January 12th). During the January 14th he got email from Apple Store (Finland?), that he will get his computer in January 25th. Now he has got email, that he will get his computer during the February 1st. What this mean? Could this mean, that G5 PBs are coming?

This means he's getting a 1.5GHz PowerBook with Bluetooth 2, Apple must be announcing it soon. If they keep delaying it it means they're run out of 12" PBs and there expecting delivery of the new ones, announced soon.
post #219 of 316
Regarding: "http://switch.atdmt.com/action/apple_g5_powerbook"

You have similar code on other pages, such as "http://switch.atdmt.com/action/apple_g5_landing" on the PM page and "http://switch.atdmt.com/action/apple_imac_mini_landing_page" on the Mac mini page.

Seems like Apple simply uses some sort of web analysis tool. (http://www.atdmt.com/).
The naming of the fake image *might* suggest something though (are Apple perhaps interested in monitoring how much traffic a new PB will create?).

However, the "apple_g5_powerbook" tag is most likely chosen by someone responsible for the code just because he/she is also one of us hopeful - without really having access to any info on the matter.
post #220 of 316
on other forums i read that some people just recieved shipment notice on their "delayed" PB order.. as I did a week ago.. i dont think the delay is because of upgrades, but just plain ol` delay
playing the waiting game...
Reply
playing the waiting game...
Reply
post #221 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Absentlife
Come on Apple !

02/06/2005 : In your opinion it's possible a pb g5 ? It will be great to show it at Superbowl ( do you remember 1984 ? ) . I hope so .

Do you mean the 2nd of June or the 6th Feb - I never know who does American dates. In June we may see a G5, not in Feb
post #222 of 316
I was thinking about this last night............ apple is waiting till most of their stock is sold online and in the stores. Why bring old the "new" if you can still sell the old.

Also, I feel it won't be on a Tuesday..... it will be when it's financially in their interest to announce it............. probably by next Tuesday.

My campus computer store still cannot place an order until they hear from Apple.... They were shocked it didn't happen yesterday. They have no Powerbooks in stock.

As for the g5......... keep smoking very unlikely
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
post #223 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
I was thinking about this last night............ apple is waiting till most of their stock is sold online and in the stores. Why bring old the "new" if you can still sell the old.

Also, I feel it won't be on a Tuesday..... it will be when it's financially in their interest to announce it............. probably by next Tuesday.

My campus computer store still cannot place an order until they hear from Apple.... They were shocked it didn't happen yesterday. They have no Powerbooks in stock.

As for the g5......... keep smoking very unlikely

Does any remember the iMac G4 last year, Apple completely ran put and sold none for a couple of months. This could happen with the PowerBook (supply issues with G5) if it's a G5 coming soon.
post #224 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
Does any remember the iMac G4 last year, Apple completely ran put and sold none for a couple of months. This could happen with the PowerBook (supply issues with G5) if it's a G5 coming soon.


Oh god I hope that doesn't happen......... I need a computer like yesterday.......... I guess I will just get a iMac if that happens!
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
Reply
post #225 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
Oh god I hope that doesn't happen......... I need a computer like yesterday.......... I guess I will just get a iMac if that happens!

I personally don't think it will happen. G5 supply is ok, I think and I'm not expecting a G5 in a PB. Although i may be proven wrong. I see PBs by next week.
post #226 of 316
New powerbooks are almost here Apple isnt going to let same performance Mini trample on powerbook long you can count on that. Emac is dead. Mini has killed that off with cheap crt & lcd monitors to hook up with. Dont expect a new Emac but the current one will linger on for awhile until supply is deleted. my 2 cents
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
Reply
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
Reply
post #227 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
Does any remember the iMac G4 last year, Apple completely ran put and sold none for a couple of months. This could happen with the PowerBook (supply issues with G5) if it's a G5 coming soon.

Not to mention the 15" powerbook, what was it, year before last, they let the supply go to zero for like two months.
post #228 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
New powerbooks are almost here Apple isnt going to let same performance Mini trample on powerbook long you can count on that. Emac is dead. Mini has killed that off with cheap crt & lcd monitors to hook up with. Dont expect a new Emac but the current one will linger on for awhile until supply is deleted. my 2 cents

I certainly hope you're wrong. I much rather have a $400 cheaper eMac, with a G5 and a nice fast GPU, than an iMac with the equivalent specs on it. Who wouldn't?
post #229 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
Why release Tiger at a developers conference? They've been developing it for years and developers know it. It's much better to release in April and tell the developers in June how much they've sold etc.


good point!
post #230 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by cubist
Not to mention the 15" powerbook, what was it, year before last, they let the supply go to zero for like two months.

I don't remember that - let's hope Friday, Monday or Tuesday bring good news.
post #231 of 316
The powerbook needs to be updated ASAP. They'll probably hold off on the eMac though. As it stands now it doesn't cut into mini sales nor do mini sales cut into eMac sales (except for low-end buyers who object to the all in one design).

My guess is the powerbooks will be updated within a few weeks, but the eMacs won't be updated for 1-3 months. They need to be updated before the edu buying season and this way an iMac upgrade can be released around the same time.
post #232 of 316
This is ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking about keeping my iBook, since this Powerbook is taking forever.

They take 9 months for such a small update, and they can't even get it out. Yes, I understand they are probably trying to sell the old Powerbooks, but perhaps they should have stopped making those sooner. Even the iBooks got an update in the fall. I'm just feeling frustrated.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
post #233 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by ibook911
This is ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking about keeping my iBook, since this Powerbook is taking forever.

They take 9 months for such a small update, and they can't even get it out. Yes, I understand they are probably trying to sell the old Powerbooks, but perhaps they should have stopped making those sooner. Even the iBooks got an update in the fall. I'm just feeling frustrated.

It'll happen soon!
post #234 of 316
Quote:
02/06/2005 : In your opinion it's possible a pb g5 ? It will be great to show it at Superbowl

At this point, the most depressing conjecture yet.

Not only Rev. A but an 11-day wait to boot!

--B
...


...
Reply
...


...
Reply
post #235 of 316
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Absentlife
Come on Apple !

02/06/2005 : In your opinion it's possible a pb g5 ? It will be great to show it at Superbowl ( do you remember 1984 ? ) . I hope so .

hmm... perhaps that Digitimes-Rumor a few weeks ago wasn't that far off after all... (okay, that's a dream - but a nice one )
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
Reply
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
Reply
post #236 of 316
There is no way we are about to see a G5 Powerbook, but I don't mind reading the hopes and wishes. Thats cool.

The reason I say there is no way is that we've seen the specs for the G4 update Powerbook, which will soon be available. Where would those numbers have come from, if they weren't true? I don't think Apple would make them up, trying to put us off our game.

However, this latest news makes me believe that we will see a G5 Powerbook in the second half of this year.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
post #237 of 316
the article talks about hypertransport but not announcing pb G5 now
post #238 of 316
Perhaps the delay is because of the 7447b Processor the Mac Mini use the same Processor
post #239 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
Why release Tiger at a developers conference? They've been developing it for years and developers know it. It's much better to release in April and tell the developers in June how much they've sold etc.

hmmm good point, maccrazy.
"Any idiot can make things complicated. It takes a genius to make them simple" -Albert Einstein
Reply
"Any idiot can make things complicated. It takes a genius to make them simple" -Albert Einstein
Reply
post #240 of 316
i hope they wait as long as possible. more work on it is more better.

WWDC in June is still first-half 05
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL