or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL

eMac and PowerBook declared EOL - Page 7

post #241 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by RANSOMED
hmmm good point, maccrazy.

i thought so, but it could happen. I want a PB, I can wait for Tiger, I want to know when though!
post #242 of 316
Mystery solved. From page 24 of Apple Nova's 26-page pb thread.

Quote:
mama's left eye
I heard the delay was because they were putting double the love into every powerbook! You just can't come up with that much love all at once! Damn the supply chain!!!

--B

post #243 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Amorph
Apple's edu customers balked at the iMac because of the LCD.

Wouldn't an iMac be easier to steal? It's not as bulky as the eMac.
post #244 of 316
Powerbooks declared End of Life.

That's it. Really, it's the end of the powerbook. There will not be new ones.

Anyway, All I care about is that they get them out before May!!!!
post #245 of 316
Since you're already fantasizing about that new apple laptop...

Hope it's not a repost, though I doubt you guys'd let this one slip by. Quali-T.

--B

post #246 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by bergz
Since you're already fantasizing about that new apple laptop...

Hope it's not a repost, though I doubt you guys'd let this one slip by. Quali-T.

--B

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm....... iBook
post #247 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm....... iBook

Now *there* are some buttons I'd like to "click" on...
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
post #248 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by durandal
Now *there* are some buttons I'd like to "click" on...

definitely, those PowerBooks and iBooks are sexy!
post #249 of 316
Quote:
some buttons I'd like to "click" on...

Couldn't care less (I already have access to all four models on those pictures...).

What I really want is a *PBG5* (although I wouldn't complain if it came with one of those new iPod shuffle chicks).
post #250 of 316
I just want a powerbook period. I can't even get a 1.5 right now..... I just need a computer. Maybe tomorrow.

As for the sexy powerbooks........ got any pictures with guys.... a female needs to look at something too
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #251 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
I just want a powerbook period. I can't even get a 1.5 right now..... I just need a computer. Maybe tomorrow.

As for the sexy powerbooks........ got any pictures with guys.... a female needs to look at something too

This guy is sexy!

Sexy Man with G4

While I was looking I found this!

post #252 of 316
Now this is good as well.

post #253 of 316
This is cool as well - it's amazing what you can find on google.

post #254 of 316
oh and this one - this is the last - i promise

post #255 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy

That hot redhead seems strangely out of place in that picture.

Where were you when the hammer flew?  

MacBook Pro Retina, 13", 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

iPhone 5s • iPad mini Retina • Chromebook Pixel • Nexus 7

Where were you when the hammer flew?  

MacBook Pro Retina, 13", 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

iPhone 5s • iPad mini Retina • Chromebook Pixel • Nexus 7

post #256 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by 1984
That hot redhead seems strangely out of place in that picture.

Because she's the only one not holding a laptop?
post #257 of 316
Quote:
got any pictures with guys.... a female needs to look at something too

This pic is dubbed: G5 Powerbook. Very Risque.

And if you add sexy + powerbook....

You get Steve and his little friend

--B

post #258 of 316
No-one seems to be mentioning the eMac as much now. The Powerbook is obviously due to be updated soon, as it has such long shipping times now, but the eMac is still same business day delivery.

I was really hoping Apple would decide one way or the other what it's doing with the eMac line now the Mini is here.
post #259 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by RSteve
No-one seems to be mentioning the eMac as much now. The Powerbook is obviously due to be updated soon, as it has such long shipping times now, but the eMac is still same business day delivery.

I was really hoping Apple would decide one way or the other what it's doing with the eMac line now the Mini is here.

I see future for the eMac, people in education who want a cheap mac with a CRT screen. But the mini mac is the same without the screen. Apple is removing possible profits from the education sector by allowing them to purchase without a screen, however, there also allowing more people to buy because of the flexibility. At the moment Apple might as well keep the eMac going, if it sells really well i'm sure they'll update it, of it doesn't sell they wont. We may see a 1.42 GHz upgrade soon.
post #260 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by gyc
Because she's the only one not holding a laptop?

nope, it's because it looks like she's strolled in from a bondage convention* going on in the next hall, but the macheads were all like, hey, just get in the picture anyway

*important: this is not to say that they arent people (guys or gals, hot or not or whatever) that aren't into both BDSM and Macs.
post #261 of 316
Thanks guys.......... there's some really hot men in those pictures Anyway.... I had class last night and stopped in my good old University computer store. I was told that apple is not accepting anymore powerbook orders until the spring pricing is out. They were told last Tuesday, so their expecting it any day now. I have a deposit down so hopefully when they start shipping my school computers I'll be the first to get one. I never thought spending $3000 would be sooooooo hard.
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #262 of 316
*important: this is not to say that they arent people (guys or gals, hot or not or whatever) that aren't into both BDSM and Macs. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats very true.... don't they go hand in hand?
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #263 of 316

My favorites are the redhead, the guy who looks like he's deliviring a pizza (second row, red laptop case) who's oggling the redhead, and Special Ed in the middle wearing his Special Ed iSight.
post #264 of 316
Quote:
"*important: this is not to say that they arent people (guys or gals, hot or not or whatever) that aren't into both BDSM and Macs. "

Thats very true.... don't they go hand in hand?

yeah my modern mac life really started back in '2001 in San Francisco when my first girlfriend read Rumi to me from her black PowerBook G3... i was like, i've never seen this before in the PC world, 'coz before that i was a PC nerd. since that fateful moment i've been a *ahem* sexy *ahem* mac dude

ah, she was a beautiful spiritual creative person...

ah... but it's not whether you use pc or mac, it's who you are....
NOT !!!!!
post #265 of 316
Quote:

I just want to know if the guy in the X-Ray booth in the upper-left corner made it out ok, or if he was fried to a crisp?

...we have assumed control
...we have assumed control
post #266 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhumgod
I just want to know if the guy in the X-Ray booth in the upper-left corner made it out ok, or if he was fried to a crisp?

Judging from what the panel above the door says, I would say this guy is just outside, perhaps under direct sunlight.
post #267 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
Judging from what the panel above the door says, I would say this guy is just outside, perhaps under direct sunlight.

i concur
post #268 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by PB

This is not the case.

I happened to have been the passer-bye that this group drafted to take this picture. I do know the truth regarding x-ray guy.

And it isn't pretty.
post #269 of 316
getting back on track... i read on another forum that next rev pbs might have ati x700 mobility. what do you think?
post #270 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by drsuse
getting back on track... i read on another forum that next rev pbs might have ati x700 mobility. what do you think?

i think this will be good, particularly if it is a measly 167mhz speed bump on the G4, powerbook is apple's achilles heel right now and weakest value offering. GPU bump is always good. Anyone heard about the new nVidia GoXXXfx-something or other though?

luckily, Apple's got some time with all the SwitchBait (Mac mini, iPod everything, iMac, iBook) out there, which is also keeping analysts and shareholders distracted, but mobile professionals cannot be ignored for too much longer... unless somehow that target audience has become less important to apple...

when the 'real' G5 powerbook comes out, it's gotta be carbon-fibre, silver-black metallic, G5 with thermal problemas sorted outt....
it's gotta be real you go to a cafe, you open up your super sexy f8ck-off laptop, and be like, you centrino-sonoma-or-whatever losers can kiss my f8cking asss... check this baby out. Macs rule, end of story.

unless Apple feels that the PoweBook 'halo' effect is not worth that much anymore to their professional offerings, brand value, revenue or profits...

anyone know what the scene/market data is on laptops nowadays? maybe Apple is confident that the iBook is a strong enough offering at the moment?
post #271 of 316
If we do not see a G4 Powerbook this coming Tuesday, the chances of a G5 Powerbook goes up dramatically. Let's face it, a slight boost G4 could have been available easily over a month ago when the chips were made available in the upgrade market.

The supply of 1.5 G4's have dried up and its just too important a profit center for sales to come to a halt. I'm more optimistic about a G5 with each passing week, this Tuesday being a defining moment.
post #272 of 316
It has to come out this Tuesday, there are no powerbooks anywhere. I really don't think apple wants to piss off the consumer. They probably wanted the new mac mini to shine and then bring out the new powerbooks.

To be Honest...... if they don't come out on Tuesday, I'll be pissed since i'm switching from a PC. I could have a dell here by Tuesday but I sit here waiting for my new apple. Sad
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #273 of 316
Quote:
It has to come out this Tuesday, there are no powerbooks anywhere. I really don't think apple wants to piss off the consumer. They probably wanted the new mac mini to shine and then bring out the new powerbooks.

To be Honest...... if they don't come out on Tuesday, I'll be pissed since i'm switching from a PC. I could have a dell here by Tuesday but I sit here waiting for my new apple. Sad

Keep the faith, bro, just think, you'll be stuck with that Dell for a few years when in a few weeks you might have a phat carbon-fibre G5 powerBook

I'm not really helping, am I?

*lights up a ciggie* All the best, bro
post #274 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bob
The supply of 1.5 G4's have dried up and its just too important a profit center for sales to come to a halt. I'm more optimistic about a G5 with each passing week, this Tuesday being a defining moment.

How has supply of 1.5 dried up? This just from the apple store i configured, 15"
1.5GHz PowerPC G4 with 128MB Graphics Memory
512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 SO-DIMM
80GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
AirPort Extreme Card
Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
15.2-inch TFT Display
Estimated Ship:
7-10 business days
Free Shipping
Subtotal $2,749.00
post #275 of 316
Apple want to sell more laptops as they make more profits from them. They have a 50% sale of laptops - which is high and they want it higher. PowerBooks always undersell iBooks and iMacs always oversell PowerMacs. That's the way it is. Consumers buy more goods. Apple is not going to abandon it's professional laptop line. Although they have left it alone too long. G5 is taking too long, they want to release the G4 as late as possible to allow a long enough gap to release G5s.

Quote:
How has supply of 1.5 dried up? This just from the apple store i configured, 15"
1.5GHz PowerPC G4 with 128MB Graphics Memory
512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 SO-DIMM
80GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
AirPort Extreme Card
Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
15.2-inch TFT Display
Estimated Ship:
7-10 business days
Free Shipping
Subtotal $2,749.00

When shipping goes 7-10 days it means either there is very high demand or they're running out. Someone in Finland (who posted above) has had their order delayed twice!
post #276 of 316
Quote:
When shipping goes 7-10 days it means either there is very high demand or they're running out. Someone in Finland (who posted above) has had their order delayed twice!

gotcha... thanks mate for clarifying. man, apple distribution has faced some major challenges last year and continues this year... i just don't know if that's necessarily a good thingk.
i've heard some horror stories in australia.... when i bought me gear in australia i always checked with reliable dealers if they could get it ready in nothing less than 3 days, otherwise i'd investigate getting a different model...

when in sydney though it helped having 2 apple dealers 1 block away from my house, if you can believe it...! it was hella fun *but exhausting* walking past the cafes with a bigass apple display box... or when the van turned up outside my door and a phat g5 box was gently unloaded in full view of cafe patrons and neighbours ah... the fabulous ghetto of SurryHills, Sydney, Australia. Hard to sleep if you were home on fri or sat nights though, with all the screaming drunk partygoers and what not...
post #277 of 316
Quote:
gotcha... thanks mate for clarifying. man, apple distribution has faced some major challenges last year and continues this year... i just don't know if that's necessarily a good thingk.
i've heard some horror stories in australia.... when i bought me gear in australia i always checked with reliable dealers if they could get it ready in nothing less than 3 days, otherwise i'd investigate getting a different model...

when in sydney though it helped having 2 apple dealers 1 block away from my house, if you can believe it...! it was hella fun *but exhausting* walking past the cafes with a bigass apple display box... or when the van turned up outside my door and a phat g5 box was gently unloaded in full view of cafe patrons and neighbours ah... the fabulous ghetto of SurryHills, Sydney, Australia. Hard to sleep if you were home on fri or sat nights though, with all the screaming drunk partygoers and what not...

sounds like fun though! I wish I had an Apple dealer, the nearest I've got is Regent Street (90 miles away)! I suppose Dixons and PCWorld are supposed dealers but they don't sell everything, have any knowledge, up to date products or built to order options!
post #278 of 316
so............ who thinks the upgrade will be this Tuesday?
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #279 of 316
Quote:
so............ who thinks the upgrade will be this Tuesday?

I don't think it will happen until every dot on PowerBookCentral.com's website is red, meaning out of stock.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #280 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
I don't think it will happen until every dot on PowerBookCentral.com's website is red, meaning out of stock.

There are always some PowerBooks left so that customers can buy the old version cheaper. I think Monday or Tuesday - they'll be a .Mac announcement on Monday - why else spend over 24 hours servicing it?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL