or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL

eMac and PowerBook declared EOL - Page 8

post #281 of 316
I don't know why the SuperBowl rumblings died. It would be the perfect paltform to launch a new PB for both viewership and historical continuity. Now, I'm not saying that PB G5's will come out, but it is just a thought.
Apple SexBots powered by Intel
post #282 of 316
I know everyone's all keyed out about a new PowerBook and I do agree it's probably the range that most needs an update in Apple's lineup at the moment, but I hope we hear something about the eMac soon too - it's also gone a long time with no update and I'd really like to see a new model. Even if they declare the line officially EOL, I could maybe pick up a bargain if I bought one of the last ones they made
post #283 of 316
My thing is Apple should make us (the consumer) aware if the line is EOL and its going to be awhile before we see another powerbook. I think it will be this week too. Only time will tell......................
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #284 of 316
If ThinkSecret is accurate with the G4 speed bumps, then here's what I'm hoping for in the price scale....

Note: In the last revision, Airport became standard. This time, SuperDrives will be standard across the board.

12.1 inch TFT Display
1024x768 resoution
1.5GHz PowerPC G4
512k L2 cache
256MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Ultra/ATA 100 at 5,400 RPM
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (128 MB DDR)
Full size keyboard
10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
Firewire 400
SuperDrive and Airport Extreme Built-in
Mini-DVI out
$1,599

15.2-inch TFT Display
1280x854 resolution
1.66GHz PowerPC G4
512 L2 cache
512 MB DDR 333 SDRAM
100GB Ultra/ATA at 5,400 RPM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 MB DDR)
Full size Backlit keyboard
Gigabit Ethernet
Firewire 400 & 800
DVI & S-Video out
$1,999

17-inch TFT Display
1440x900 resolution
1.66GHz PowerPC G4
512 L2 cache
512 MB DDR 333 SDRAM
100GB Ultra/ATA at 5,400 RPM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 MB DDR)
Full size Backlit keyboard
Gigabit Ethernet
Firewire 400 & 800
DVI & S-Video out
$2,499
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #285 of 316
Dhagen

$200 cheaper for a superdrive 12" is what I need! I hope you're right.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
post #286 of 316
If those are the specs I am going to shoot myself in the head. (no, not seriously, but thanks for looking out for me all you non-joke-taking-people.)

Apple can, or at least should have, been able to upgrade the PBs to those specs only a few months after the last speed bump (apr. 04?). it wouldnt make sense to, of course, since it's such a damn small bump. To do so now would be even more stupid.

I'm usually somewhat of a hopeful, but the current PBs are getting to the antiquated form that the old PowerMacs were right before the G5s were announced. A very bad place to be, unless something big is coming down the line soon.
post #287 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Guartho

My favorites are the redhead, the guy who looks like he's deliviring a pizza (second row, red laptop case) who's oggling the redhead, and Special Ed in the middle wearing his Special Ed iSight.

Crazy ass french people. Seriously, I wanna steal that guys helmet. I was already gonna bring my iSight to record lectures
post #288 of 316
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DHagan4755
[B]If ThinkSecret is accurate with the G4 speed bumps, then here's what I'm hoping for in the price scale....

Note: In the last revision, Airport became standard. This time, SuperDrives will be standard across the board.

Some people would actually prefer Combo drives - they're faster at making CDs and reading them! I don't see a superdrive across the line, they wiull make a non-superdrive to bring the lowest powerbook down in price. I stioll expect a combo 15." Backlit keyboards could be added to the 12", that would be cool. Where put the sensors though? Only two days until my bank balance screams!
post #289 of 316
A price cut would make my day! I agree MacCrazy....... two more days till i'm broke
I agree the french are crazy!
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #290 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
As for the sexy powerbooks........ got any pictures with guys.... a female needs to look at something too

I cannot believe you have not seen this one yet .
post #291 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
I cannot believe you have not seen this one yet .

That was funny I've never seen that one. Thanks PB!
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #292 of 316
Quote:
That was funny I've never seen that one. Thanks PB!

That was a classic advert! Thing is the 15" is definitely the best though.
post #293 of 316
Can't seem to access that link it just comes up with a blank page
post #294 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by RSteve
Can't seem to access that link it just comes up with a blank page

Stop trying to access it from windows :P

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

Quote:

post #295 of 316
I just noticed that the 15" and 17" powerbooks are now quoting 7-10 days shipping on the Apple Store....hmmmmmmm
post #296 of 316
What's your point?

Quote:

Quote:

post #297 of 316
I was at my campus computer store (University of Alberta) and they said they are completely dry except for one 12" and one 15" demo model. Apple basically told them to "sit tight" when they tried to order more. I mean, we all know SOMETHING is coming soon. It has to. It is just a matter of what it is going to be.
post #298 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by ryanh
I was at my campus computer store (University of Alberta) and they said they are completely dry except for one 12" and one 15" demo model. Apple basically told them to "sit tight" when they tried to order more. I mean, we all know SOMETHING is coming soon. It has to. It is just a matter of what it is going to be.

It makes sense...... the last place they would want to sell an outdated powerbook is on the University circut. My University feels this week has to be the week....... (but then again they said that last week )
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #299 of 316
Ya. I bought an iMac G5 last Tuesday and asked when they thought PB's would update and they said soon but in reality they had no idea. Saturday they said that Apple told them on Friday afternoon to just wait. I really want one. This student loan is buring a hole in my pocket!
post #300 of 316
Just to add a little flavor:

...stores goin' down...

D, F, UK ... down. US ... up.
post #301 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by nohill
Just to add a little flavor:

...stores goin' down...

D, F, UK ... down. US ... up.

Denmark and Australia also down...
post #302 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob M
Denmark and Australia also down...

it's all gettin ready for da Tuesday POWERBOOK G5 announcement

Ladies and gentlement, step up and place your bets for Apple's SUPER TUESDAY
post #303 of 316
so how come some stores are up and some are down? some asian ones are still up... what does that mean?
post #304 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
it's all gettin ready for da Tuesday POWERBOOK G5 announcement

Ladies and gentlement, step up and place your bets for Apple's SUPER TUESDAY

why not today - they often announce PowerBooks on Mondays!
post #305 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
why not today - they often announce PowerBooks on Mondays!

er.. dunno, i guess i'm still hungover from the supposed Tuesday announcement last week ;-)
post #306 of 316
Dutch store is also down...
post #307 of 316
Quote:
er.. dunno, i guess i'm still hungover from the supposed Tuesday announcement last week ;-)

US store now down....
post #308 of 316
Quote:
US store now down....

roger that. if it is gonna be a powerbook update, it will be still G4 speed bump. there has been quite a bit of updating on the PowerbookG4 pages across the apple site to make the features look more attractive, bolder pictures, software and all the bits and bobs... trust me, i'm a designer, i know they've just taken their PowerBook G4 pages up a notch in da past few weeks...

but... today are they gonna slot in the G4 speed bumps? 17". 1.7ghz. The Ultimate Desktop Replacement ;-)
post #309 of 316
ill cry if its just the same old powerbooks when it goes back online... what do you rekon we'll get? have to say i only think itll be a speedbump, but hey, i can hope...
post #310 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by 03124232
ill cry if its just the same old powerbooks when it goes back online... what do you rekon we'll get? have to say i only think itll be a speedbump, but hey, i can hope...

MacRumors reckon dual-core are ready, we can only hope, but think secret are usually quite accurate and they stated 1.67Mhz - unless that's for the iBooks later this year.

MacRumors page
post #311 of 316
Quote:
there has been quite a bit of updating on the PowerbookG4 pages across the apple site to make the features look more attractive, bolder pictures, software and all the bits and bobs... trust me, i'm a designer, i know they've just taken their PowerBook G4 pages up a notch in da past few weeks...

Hey! I thought the same - the pages looked different, but I could not see what it was. As you say, its been updated and tweaked....
post #312 of 316
Quote:
Hey! I thought the same - the pages looked different, but I could not see what it was. As you say, its been updated and tweaked....

both the UK site and the US look the same as last week. Why would they update the site before an announcement?
post #313 of 316
U.S update are out! Updates are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just out US website
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #314 of 316
Quote:
U.S update are out! Updates are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just out US website

YES!!! I was right! Brilliant
post #315 of 316
YEAHHH HAHH HAHA HAH HA H HAHAHAH HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HAHAHAHA HA HA AH A HAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!
post #316 of 316
Just for the records...

I am NEVER going by the "announcing on tuesday" deal again unless its on a keynote day. Last Powermac rev's were wednesday. Last 2 powerbook updates were mondays. Whoever started the tuesday thing is nuts.

Quote:

Quote:

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL