or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL

eMac and PowerBook declared EOL - Page 3

post #81 of 316
1 more day and we will see a improved powerbook! ( I have to keep saying it to believe it!).
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #82 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by rayapple
1 more day and we will see a improved powerbook! ( I have to keep saying it to believe it!).

Yes, my friends, because 5% improvement is improvement nevertheless--even if it's after 8+ months.
"People don't want handouts! People want hand jobs!" ~ Connecticut governor William O'Neil at a political rally, followed by riotous applause
"People don't want handouts! People want hand jobs!" ~ Connecticut governor William O'Neil at a political rally, followed by riotous applause
post #83 of 316
Quote:

And please please please let it ship right now, not 4 weeks from now!
post #84 of 316
Plus, even though the CPU isn't bumped much, the rumor is all hard drives will be raised to 5400 RPM. That will help and maybe they could cut $100 off the price.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
post #85 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickSilver
And please please please let it ship right now, not 4 weeks from now!

They shipped immediately last time. It was also a minor update.

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

post #86 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by ibook911
Plus, even though the CPU isn't bumped much, the rumor is all hard drives will be raised to 5400 RPM. That will help and maybe they could cut $100 off the price.

Graphics is being bumped on the high end models - saving £40. God I hope it happen moro! My finger is on my credit card, well my dads.
post #87 of 316
One thing I noticed this weekend at my CompUSA is the Powerbook 17" display model was gone. Removed completely from it's display lock bar. BUT the other two (at least as of Saturday), the 12 and 15" were still there. Usually you wouldn't remove/and or sell the display model if something wasn't coming soon? Right?

Also, if the updated Powerbook is available tomorrow via the Apple site, does it usually show up at stores such as CompUSA, etc. at the time same, or is there a lag time? Meaning would I be able to run down to CompUSA tomorrow, say, if they announce it on the Apple site, and they'll ALSO have the new Powerbooks? Anyone have any previous experience with this, in some form? Thanks!
- Nathan Aaron
www.nathanaaron.com
- Nathan Aaron
www.nathanaaron.com
post #88 of 316
Can anyone tell me WHY APPLE STORE AUSTRALIA has NEW stickers on their PowerBook pictures ????

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Either this is a bit of glitch ahead of time, or it is a terrible terrible illegal scam.

Someone please check it out and get back to me, it is upsetting me...
http://www.apple.com.au/store/

edit: well, it is not that much of a scam, because like 15" has backlit keyboard now and airport and bluetooth built in...
post #89 of 316
Stores won't remove old products if they feel it would still sell at full price. I think the first place that would have the update will be the apple online store... other stores will recieve them at a later date. Hopefully we'll find out more tomorrow
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #90 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
Can anyone tell me WHY APPLE STORE AUSTRALIA has NEW stickers on their PowerBook pictures ????

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Either this is a bit of glitch ahead of time, or it is a terrible terrible illegal scam.

edit: well, it is not that much of a scam, because like 15" has backlit keyboard now and airport and bluetooth built in...

I can confirm that, certainly looks suspicious seeing as none of the other stores have it.
post #91 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by ShallowThroat
I can confirm that, certainly looks suspicious seeing as none of the other stores have it.

The stickers have been up for a week or two. Check pb threads at the macnn and macrumors forums.

Or don't. It's all pretty much OMG!!! What could this mean!!! OMG!!!!

--B

post #92 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Specs are the same, maybe they replaced the picture by mistake?! You know they must create new web-sites in advanced and they replaced the old picture by mistake. Or it still says new PowerBooks from April last year. The UK site still says new PowerBooks! New PowerBooks
post #93 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by bergz
It's all pretty much OMG!!! What could this mean!!! OMG!!!!

post #94 of 316
Quote:
The stickers have been up for a week or two. Check pb threads at the macnn and macrumors forums.

Or don't. It's all pretty much OMG!!! What could this mean!!! OMG!!!!

--B

It's like OMG WTF!!!
post #95 of 316
yeah! GL HF!
playing the waiting game...
playing the waiting game...
post #96 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by theSutex
yeah! GL HF!

ok people, breathe.
post #97 of 316
Getting ready for tomorrow! I feel good about new powerbooks on 12/25......... I really need a computer now....... if anybody had a choice would you buy the new powerbook tomorrow or an imac g5?
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #98 of 316
Quote:
Getting ready for tomorrow! I feel good about new powerbooks on 12/25......... I really need a computer now....... if anybody had a choice would you buy the new powerbook tomorrow or an imac g5?

I've been weighing up thousands of options in my head for months. I want a 2GHz PowerBook G5, with a decent FSB but I've decided I can't wait any longer. I was thinking of an iBook and iMac, just an iBook (temporarily) and PowerMac and a PowerBook and a iMac and a PowerBook!

However I've decided that the PowerBooks are amazing and one computer is so much easier. PowerBook G5 may not be here for a while, if ever. iMacs haven;t got DVI out so Keynote with notes on your display wouldn't happen and the GPU is only 64MB. PowerBooks are very portable and beautiful but fully featured. It's just the speed of them!

So in answer to your question I'm going to buy a PowerBook G4 tomorrow or next Tuesday. Then i'll buy a G5 in three years time when I'm going up to my final year at uni. That way I can have my life back and stop looking for rumours of a G5.
post #99 of 316
I feel much better knowing i'm not the only one debating which mac to buy. I think I will get the powerbook G4 this week or next also. It will be my first mac which will be my own ( my ibook belongs to work) so I'm really exicited to buy one. I'm done with pc's !

-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #100 of 316
FYI

Just contacted my University computer store....... apple is to have a major announcment tomorrow concerning powerbooks!

-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #101 of 316
Quote:
FYI

Just contacted my University computer store....... apple is to have a major announcment tomorrow concerning powerbooks!

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

major?!
post #102 of 316
What time of day will they make the announcement?

How long until online stores (amazon.com, specifically) have these in stock? Amazon's rebate offer expires on Wednesday, any chance that they would be available there before it expires?
post #103 of 316
They did use the word "Major" hmmmmmmm.... I wonder........
If it's the G5 I would personally S--T! Wishful thinking never hurts
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #104 of 316
I heard in the A.M.
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #105 of 316
Quote:
They did use the word "Major" hmmmmmmm.... I wonder........
If it's the G5 I would personally S--T! Wishful thinking never hurts

Not in a press release or so close to MWSF. Sorry!

Apple with have them online straight away, I don't know about Amazon
post #106 of 316
I agree. It's major because its long overdue
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #107 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
Not in a press release or so close to MWSF. Sorry!

Apple with have them online straight away, I don't know about Amazon

Im hoping Apple Retail will have them right away. I am moving on Friday and was hoping to get my PB before then.
post #108 of 316
Today is the 21st' b'day of the Mac!

might be right for a Major announcement and a reason why not MWSF announcement for the PB!

ooh antici......pation!

Yes!

G5 I hope!
post #109 of 316
say your prayers tonight......
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #110 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
Today is the 21st' b'day of the Mac!

might be right for a Major announcement and a reason why not MWSF announcement for the PB!

ooh antici......pation!

Yes!

G5 I hope!

so why are there rumors of a 1.67GHz PowerBook and not a G5?! If it was a G5 it would be amazing! I want to see a faster FSB, but the same form factor
post #111 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
so why are there rumors of a 1.67GHz PowerBook and not a G5?! If it was a G5 it would be amazing! I want to see a faster FSB, but the same form factor

I have seen rumors of the G5 production and heard of the heat issues but...

who knows.

prob. just a speedbump.
post #112 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
I have seen rumors of the G5 production and heard of the heat issues but...

who knows.

prob. just a speedbump.

we can dream! What time do Apple make these press releases, they seemed to make the iTunes 250 million at 2:25 in the UK, that's about 6:25 PST. Is that normal?
post #113 of 316
If it's a G5 i will strip naked and run through the streets naked........
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #114 of 316
Quote:

So what do I hope for now?! Just teasing, I really don't think it's likely but it would be soo cool. How come the FSB are so low? My iMac G3 has 100MHz FSB and that's just slower than the iBooks.
post #115 of 316
Quote:
I feel much better knowing i'm not the only one debating which mac to buy. I think I will get the powerbook G4 this week or next also. It will be my first mac which will be my own ( my ibook belongs to work) so I'm really exicited to buy one. I'm done with pc's !

Thinking about it, it's the 167MHz Bus that really bothers me. Have you noticed how on the PowerMac website it slags of the G4. Not very good marketing when half the computers they sell use it. I would love an Imac G5, very beautiful, but I want portability, BUT I want a G5. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH
post #116 of 316
Quote:

Any chance of getting a video of that? 8)
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
--
My girlfriend thinks I'm curious - that's what I read in her diary
(Unknown)
post #117 of 316
Quote:
Originally posted by durandal
Any chance of getting a video of that? 8)

Good thing it's the year of HD.

Not that size matters or anything...

--B

post #118 of 316
I'm so sure it won't be a g5 that if it is I will have a video of my refreshing run in the streets of Philly..........

on a more technical note: 167 bus is horrible...... any chance of this changing tomorrow?
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
-PowerBook G4 1.67 17"
-iBook 1.33(work)
-iPod Mini 4G
post #119 of 316
Quote:
Good thing it's the year of HD.

Not that size matters or anything...

--B

Quote:
I'm so sure it won't be a g5 that if it is I will have a video of my refreshing run in the streets of Philly..........

on a more technical note: 167 bus is horrible...... any chance of this changing tomorro

it's the same chip so i doubt it, the new dual core apparently use 200MHZ - not a lot better. What does the FSB actually do?
post #120 of 316
I think prob. about eleven to 12pm pst that is 3pm EST and just shy of the market close and the after-market talkup.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › eMac and PowerBook declared EOL