or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › iPod and iTunes

iPod and iTunes

post #1 of 13
I'm just posting a comment a I heard on the forums in Digital Hub. He suggested having a special folder for iPod, rather than having it in digital hub. I tend to agree with him.

There are so many models now that it justifies it's own category. However iTunes should be included. You would then have the difficulty of iLife. If your question is about iTunes with iLife then in Digital Hub, if with iPod then iPod category.

Anyway what's the consensus?
post #2 of 13
i think there should be a forum just for the ipod. i see ipod threads all over the place where they shouldn't be.. and i just think that to eliminate all of the confusion.. you guys should make an ipod forum. i mean... i think its special and important enough to be on its own.. instead of with the "digital hub"

just a very good suggestion!
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferali
i think there should be a forum just for the ipod. i see ipod threads all over the place where they shouldn't be.. and i just think that to eliminate all of the confusion.. you guys should make an ipod forum. i mean... i think its special and important enough to be on its own.. instead of with the "digital hub"

just a very good suggestion!

I'd already posted this suggestion for you!!
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
I'd already posted this suggestion for you!!

lol u told me to post it so i did.. i was 5 mins too late
post #5 of 13
Threads merged

I'll start a discussion in the highly secret Moderators forum and see what the rest of the staff think.

I'm not too keen on the idea of a separate iPod forum but we could move discussion on iApps back to Software and change the Digital Hub forum to an iPod specific forum. Let me know what you think.

Jambo
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Threads merged

I'll start a discussion in the highly secret Moderators forum and see what the rest of the staff think.

I'm not too keen on the idea of a separate iPod forum but we could move discussion on iApps back to Software and change the Digital Hub forum to an iPod specific forum. Let me know what you think.

Jambo

That's perfect IMO. However, what about the problem of iTunes and iLife? Will we have iTunes discussions in both depending on the context?
post #7 of 13
What about changing Digital Hub to "iPod + Digital Hub"?
post #8 of 13
that would be a good idea
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
What about changing Digital Hub to "iPod + Digital Hub"?

It doesn't solve the issue of too much traffic in the Digital Hub area - or is this not a problem? I don't think 'iPod and Digital Hub' really has any advantages IMO.

If we moved iApps away... , but then it wouldn't be digital hub. Is iWorks supposed to be discussed in the Digital Hub forum because it does say iApps - but Pages and Keynote aren't really part of the digital hub?!

I think the problem is iPods and iTunes are so closely integrated but then they are hardware and software - suggestions and comments are made on each. It's a tough one!!
post #10 of 13
yes, but something needs to be done. theres posts all over the place where there shouldnt be.
ipod+itunes should be its own forum, and then digital hub should jus say iApps.. iwork has the 'i', yes, but is not an application. pages and keynote are not iapps.. so there is no problem. dont mention 'ilife', that will just cause confusion.

oh yea.. damn garageband.. its not really an iApp is it..
post #11 of 13
Quote:
yes, but something needs to be done. theres posts all over the place where there shouldnt be.
ipod+itunes should be its own forum, and then digital hub should jus say iApps.. iwork has the 'i', yes, but is not an application. pages and keynote are not iapps.. so there is no problem. dont mention 'ilife', that will just cause confusion.

oh yea.. damn garageband.. its not really an iApp is it..

then why did you just agree to 'iPod and Digital Hub'?
post #12 of 13
Because I thought about it more, and plus you said some things that changed my mind. Idk. I just changed my mind?
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Because I thought about it more, and plus you said some things that changed my mind. Idk. I just changed my mind?

that's cool, I was confused!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › iPod and iTunes