or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › One picture a day.

One picture a day. - Page 6

post #201 of 264
hey all.. sorry for long delay.

I'll just give you link to the original file and you can do what you want with it.
1.5MB download

Direct Link

If anyone can actually make a nice desktop out of it, lemme know
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #202 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by ZO

I'll just give you link to the original file and you can do what you want with it.
1.5MB download

Direct Link

What's your size?
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #203 of 264
home 1024x768
work 1600x whatever (old Cinema Display)
post #204 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellowship
Got Married in Vagas on Valentines Day 2005!

View the Album HERE

Congrats!!! I got married on Valentines day in 2004 in Lake Tahoe....Gotta love Nevada
post #205 of 264
post #206 of 264
post #207 of 264

Place des Nations, Geneva
post #208 of 264
post #209 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by ZO

1.5MB download

Direct Link

This image is so beautiful
post #210 of 264
thank you

I'm about to post a dozen Paris shots I took the other day while I was feeling somewhat artistic.

I kinda cheated because I ran them through Photoshop to add some grain, but sepia/black&white looks so much better when you do that
post #211 of 264
First off, sorry but they're all 1024x768 :-/

I just spent an hour retouching these so sorry but really dont feel like making them 800x600 or so. They're relatively "light". About 200KB each.

Have fun

-

-

-

This old Labrador was really afraid about crossing the bridge which had wood planks. They mustve had at most half an inch of space between them, but still, took the pooch about 20 minutes to get accross the 100 yard/meter bridge
-

-

-

My personal favorite pic
-

post #212 of 264
part deux

-

-

-

-

-

post #213 of 264
Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them ZO.
Abhor the Stereotype, respect the Individual.
1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook: 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Soundsticks II, 320GB LaCie FW800 EXT HD, iPod 20GB 4G
Abhor the Stereotype, respect the Individual.
1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook: 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Soundsticks II, 320GB LaCie FW800 EXT HD, iPod 20GB 4G
post #214 of 264
Especially the first one. It's my wallpaper.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #215 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
Especially the first one. It's my wallpaper.

You like dark, eh?

I'm adding this last one because some friends they said they liked it but I wasn't too hot aboot it. Anyway, I leave it to you to decide.

They were on parade along the Seine, coming back from the Arc de Triomphe after the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the end of WW2.

I tried making this pic Sepia from color in photoshop but couldn't find out how and so ended up with this effect. Ah well.

post #216 of 264
what a bunch of horses' asses.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #217 of 264
hey wake up everyone!

what happened to the daily pictures?

Here are some from this weekend.

I went to Soisson to meet some friends. They were late so I took a walk around. I had no idea what there was, and was amazed to see this skeleton of an Abbey/Cathedral. I forgot it's name (shame on me, I know). From flat countryside, all of a sudden this THING just sticks out. Very impressive.

-----------

Another view. What happened was that it had been a abandoned for a long time. At the time, Napoleon was asked for money to build another church or something like that. He refused since he needed money for empire-building, but decided that the Abbey was for sale and the town of Soisson could then use that money to do whatever they wanted. Subsequently, a mason (stone cutter) bought it, and promptly dismantled it piece by piece to re-sell. All that is left is what you see. Quite amazing.
The rest of the town was 80% destroyed in WW1 seeing that it was very close to the front lines.

--------------

The guardian's house had this to offer I especially thought the Dutch wooden clog shoes were curious.

-------------

In what remains of a wing, a beautifully restored section. Nice and bright.

------------

Friends finally arrived and we had a BBQ. I got hypnotized by the fire...

--------------

Yeay. Clouds.

------------

Today (Sunday) was paintball, quad, and then semi-pro karting tournament. One of the best tracks in Europe. Was awesome... and fast.

------------

Sunset on Saturday night. We got very lucky with the weather

All pictures taken with my trusty Sony DSC P-100. Using the SCN presets. Original files at 3.2MP
post #218 of 264
Reviving this thread.

Taken underwater with my Fuji F420 with underwater housing. No manipulation other than color correction and resizing.

I like the bubbles.
post #219 of 264
Nice bubbles Tonton. It looks like a advertising for Perrier : " Perrier c'est fou*"

* Perrier it's crazy
post #220 of 264
post #221 of 264
I guess it is my turn again...

I have other versions, but this is the best horizontal image.

horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #222 of 264
OBJRA10: Is that your Larrivée? I'm in the market for a high-ish end acoustic and have liked the ones I've played. Currently considering either a Taylor 612ce of 712ce.
post #223 of 264
The US Navy Blue Angels Flying at Willow Grove Naval Air Reserve Base Over Memorial Day

Taken with Canon G6

"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor." -Thoreau

Picture Page
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor." -Thoreau

Picture Page
post #224 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
OBJRA10: Is that your Larrivée? I'm in the market for a high-ish end acoustic and have liked the ones I've played. Currently considering either a Taylor 612ce of 712ce.

That it is.. it is my second Larrivee actually. The first was a DV-03E. This one was actually custom designed (I got to drive to vancouver and pick out the tonewoods. It was a beautiful process).

I also right now own an Olson SJ, Langejans R6, a Taylor 714CE, and a Martin OM-45.

here's another shot

post #225 of 264
Can we *please* get that 640 by 480 max resolution rule enacted? Not only does it take forever to load the page on even a cable modem, but also it screws up the formatting and half the photos aren't even viewable even on a widescreen 15.2 display.
post #226 of 264
640? Didn't we choose 800 as the going size?
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #227 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebby
640? Didn't we choose 800 as the going size?

Yes.
post #228 of 264
For my part.... taken w/ a Sony....

Full Size
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
post #229 of 264
What happens when the little ones find the camera... and don't know how to use it yet....

Full Size
post #230 of 264
A shot taken on a whim. Never thought it would look *good* later.

Full Size
post #231 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by OBJRA10
TI also right now own an Olson SJ

I really don't like you anymore.
post #232 of 264
post #233 of 264
Are there no inline images anymore?
post #234 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Are there no inline images anymore?

Fixed.
Thanks for your patience.
post #235 of 264
Neat sign out west. Found it when looking for a bathroom.

Full Size
post #236 of 264
just got back from Prague (nnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg head... recover... ouch)

I forgot how insanely amazing the girls are there...

well, here's a picture of Charles Bridge

post #237 of 264
Playground.

Full Size
post #238 of 264
Quote:
Originally posted by ZO

So where are the pictures of the girls!?

I, too, have been to Prague (in summer of 2001), and yes, the girls there are awesome. And some of them know it.
post #239 of 264
A couple from my recent travels....

post #240 of 264
Went to Praha last summer. One word- amazing.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZO

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › One picture a day.