or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › DeLay's going DOWN.

DeLay's going DOWN. - Page 7

post #241 of 247
No wait, I got it:

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, in closing, in defense of my client I would just like to note the following-- Michael Moore is fat and slovenly, Ted Kennedy is fat and a drunk, Cindy Sheehan is an opportunistic bitch, liberals hate America, Harry Reed goes to big Hollywood parties with Barbara Streisand where they make fun of people who shop at Walmart and Howard Dean is a crazy screamer. Clearly, you have only one course of action. Thank you."
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #242 of 247
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider
Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but the Democrats tu-tu-tu-tu-toooo!

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but the Harry Reid tu-tu-tu-tu-toooo!

Apparently no one's yet come up with a convoluted rationale to blame it on Clinton, so Reid will have to do for now.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #243 of 247
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
And the indictments and guilty pleas and deal cutting just keeps rolling along......

And how many of those guilty pleas involve Delay, Rove and everyone else you have made claims will be taken down now?

Quote:
Must be all those blindly partisan prosecutors and blindly partisan judges and a blindly partisan Justice Department.

Must be...

Quote:
Very crafty, those liberals with no access to power, to have engineered such an elaborate and successful witch hunt.

No access to power? Just because they are in the minority doesn't mean they haven't won districts or even entire states.

Quote:
And it occurs to me that the Republicans never got around to nailing the Democrats for doing "exactly the same" because they are such high minded individuals they would never stoop to attack politics.

I asked my Navajo friend what the hell you are saying, but he said he can't crack your code. He said perhaps crack is the basis of your code.

Quote:
Must be, because if "exactly the same" gets you sent to jail now, surely that was something that could have been exploited for political gain when the dems where in power, yes?

Oh right, all the "scandal" fun was in Whitewater. How did that turn out, again?

It turned out about 15 convictions but what the hell is a little truth between friends. You obviously prefer fantasy so I'll take you to the ball and turn into a pumpkin. Don't forget to mention that Clinton pardoned four of those 15 at the end of his second term.

Quote:
See, the cool thing about America is we have this little thing called the justice system. Courts of law. Evidence. Laws that are or are not broken.

Rule of law is something folks like yourself apparently cannot comprehend.

Quote:
All the half wit blustering that plays so well with people who really are "blindly partisan", the flat out lies and artful distortions and misleading half truths, all that shit that's designed to influence the editorial pages and screaming head cable shows? Doesn't mean jack in a court of law.

Yes, but let's leave the basis for the prosecution's case out of this.

Quote:
That entirely insupportable bullshit that's the stock and trade of right wing bully boys? Little thing called "cross examination". Yammering about how those bad old liberals are so filled with hatred that they'll stop at nothing to bring down their nemesis? Funny, if I have proof that laws were broken, it doesn't matter. Nobody gives a shit about bad old liberals, when it comes time to weigh the evidence.

Of course if you have no proof, then calling the defendent a "right wing bully boy" won't help you at all either. Last I checked it was the prosecutor having his charges tossed out of court and filing appeals to continue his case.

Quote:
It's hard, I know, when the right wing circle jerk runs head on into facts established beyond a reasonable doubt. It seems impossible. Can't you just make anything you want be true by repeating it over and over, preferably with a fine aura of threat? Isn't the media liberal? Didn't Saddam conspire with the al Qaeda? Don't liberals secretly side with the terrorists, and long to see us overrun? Isn't George Bush a great president, a man of courage and conviction? Isn't Freedom on the March?

Dude, I think your last buy was cut with Ajax.

Quote:
The other side isn't supposed to have a chance to respond. There isn't supposed to be back and forth, just belligerent shouting.

Hey, I wonder how far "typical liberal posturing" gets you in a criminal trial?

Not far at all with Kay Bailey, and probably not far with Delay either.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #244 of 247
The real deal

Explains how this will likely work out for the better of ol'Tom.

Nick

post #245 of 247
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider
Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but the Democrats tu-tu-tu-tu-toooo!

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but the Harry Reid tu-tu-tu-tu-toooo!

I'm sure your post brings a smile to your face and makes you feel clever for about 10 seconds. But really, you've just stopped thinking.

Reid and the Dems are hypocrits of the first order...that cannot be denied. The prosecutor in the DeLay case is an open and admitted Dem partisan. Looking at all of this and the "evidence" of DeLay's alleged crimes, you somehow conclude that he must be guilty. Actually, it goes a step further when the claim is made that the Republicans are actively take part in a "Culture of Corruption." My God, you can't even see that all you're doing is repeating the 2006 Democratic campaign slogan that was thought up in a smokey room sometime last fall.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #246 of 247
Wow.

The prosecutor is a "Dem partisan." That MUST mean he's being unprofessional and putting politics in to his job.

Grow up. You lost. Republicans got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Like one Dem, scores of Repubs. Game over man. Game over.

I hope he gets jail time..but that's probably wishful thinking. \

Remember guys, crime isn't crime if you have a white collar.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #247 of 247
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Actually, it goes a step further when the claim is made that the Republicans are actively take part in a "Culture of Corruption."

If the shoe fits.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › DeLay's going DOWN.