or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › New Window on Each Click

New Window on Each Click

post #1 of 14
When I click on those links on the bottom of the page, it automatically opens up a new window. It didn't happen to me before.
post #2 of 14
This is killing me.
post #3 of 14
every single link opens a new window - button, text link, whatever.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #4 of 14
yep, same here (only on this site)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #5 of 14
Me too. Browsing the AI forums spawns countless windows and its annoying as hell. For me its not every link, but maybe 90% of 'em.

I should pay attention to what banner ad is displayed and what my link behavior is.

Either way... please fix ASAP! This is killing us!
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #6 of 14
I also find this quite annoying
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #7 of 14
Odd. It's not happening to me.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #8 of 14
Someone must have changed something.
post #9 of 14
I've just tried FireFox and it only seems to happen for me when I use Safari.
post #10 of 14
More info...

I've seen the same banner ad when a new window is popped open and when the link opens in the same window.

post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Xool
More info...

I've seen the same banner ad when a new window is popped open and when the link opens in the same window.

Which banner ad?

I still haven't had a problem at all, running Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12) on 10.3.8
post #12 of 14
It seems to fluctuate every time I visit which links are opening in a new window.
I mean, either change it or not.
This wild inconsistency is driving me batty
post #13 of 14
It happens to me in this thread. Banner on top: Verizon. Below: "Find Online Universities". A new window is spawned even when I click the Forum Jump button. In fact, every single link on the page tells me "... in new window".

Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12)

Nothing for the latest full releases of FF or Camino

Screed
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by audiopollution
Which banner ad?

I still haven't had a problem at all, running Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12) on 10.3.8

I've had mixed problems with the PENTEX and Verizon (I think) ads at the top of the page.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › New Window on Each Click