or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger to ship April 29

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger to ship April 29 - Page 3

post #81 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by Xool
Based on the recent CHUD Tools fiasco, it doesn't surprise me that the GM build has not been released yet. If it was seeded it would get leaked and everyone would know about Hardware that is coming out before the 29th by finding information in NIBs, plists, etc.

I'm cranky cuz I want my Tiger now, but perhaps once the hardware announcements are made we'll get the goods.

You talking about those G5 powerbooks that people discovered last year?
post #82 of 97
Quote:
Core Image-capable graphics cards include:

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
ATI Radeon 9600 XT, 9800 XT, X800 XT
nVidia GeForce FX Go 5200
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL, 6800 GT DDL

Very strange since Apple and ATI only sell the Pro versions of the 9600 and 9800.
post #83 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by dfiler
Feel free to take off the tinfoil hat and wipe the foam from your mouth...

The 9800 Pro is completely compatible, even a flashed PC OEM version running at 2x in a G4.

you can use a flashed PC OEM version of ATI card in your G4? dude, awesome. buying a higher-end video card official Mac version costs an arm and a leg where I am currently living, but PC OEM versions of ATI and NVidia are plentiful and cheap
post #84 of 97
I have a question. I am planning on preordering Tiger (never preordered anything from Apple before). Will Apple charge me for it right away? Or will they wait until it starts shipping on the 29th?

Mike
post #85 of 97
why all the "pre"ordering. Are you ordering before you're ordering or somthing?? It's either ordered or not ordered, there is no in between!!!!
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #86 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by ZO
why all the "pre"ordering. Are you ordering before you're ordering or somthing?? It's either ordered or not ordered, there is no in between!!!!

Shouldn't you be in bed right now??????
Hard-Core.
Hard-Core.
post #87 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by ZO

It's the same as "this program was pre-recorded".
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #88 of 97
I ask because most places don't charge you until the product actually ships. I'm just curious if Apple is like this, too.

Just want to get my order in so I can get Tiger without having to wait too long.
post #89 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by Louzer
You talking about those G5 powerbooks that people discovered last year?

I'm talking about the quad-processor information that was found in the CHUD control panel NIB file, among other similar hints.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #90 of 97
Well yea we know the answer is to buy 42 copies of tiger but what's the question? (anyone who read the book will get this)
"People don't want handouts! People want hand jobs!" ~ Connecticut governor William O'Neil at a political rally, followed by riotous applause
"People don't want handouts! People want hand jobs!" ~ Connecticut governor William O'Neil at a political rally, followed by riotous applause
post #91 of 97
Hi all,

Anyone here who knows the build no.?

Dan
Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark. The lucky owner of a G5 1.8 Dual and a iMac G5 17"
Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark. The lucky owner of a G5 1.8 Dual and a iMac G5 17"
post #92 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by Algol
Well yea we know the answer is to buy 42 copies of tiger but what's the question? (anyone who read the book will get this)

The question is off course: What best to do with 5418 US-Dollar?

Oh, my God, expect every second the universe to disappear and be replaced by something much more bizarre.

Nightcrawler
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
post #93 of 97
But by that time, the whole mess will be swallowed by a small dog.
"We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic."
-Susan Jeffers
"We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic."
-Susan Jeffers
post #94 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by tommy_thompson
Does anyone know if it's gonna use serial numbers on this version, or is that still server only. Not a big deal for me really- gonna get the family pack and curious if they do use a serial number scheme, if it will supply a 'blanket number' or five separate ones.

MacosX 10.4 Tiger does not require serial numbers.
post #95 of 97
MPMoriarty--

Apple won't charge you until it's shipped.
post #96 of 97
April 29th is also the day the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie will hit the theaters. Coincindence? Maybe Apple will initially release version 10.4.2? Will there be a towel? Perhaps a new Infinite Improbability CPU?

- Jasen.

P.S. Oops. I see this has already been mentioned further up. Oh well, I still think it's funny.
post #97 of 97
Quote:
Originally posted by jasenj1
April 29th is also the day the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie will hit the theaters. Coincindence? Maybe Apple will initially release version 10.4.2? Will there be a towel?

- Jasen.

The UK Hitchhikers site has an iPod advert. Go to trailers and click iPod. I've not seen that done officially before, nice that someone knows what's happening in the world!
Daniel Tull
Daniel Tull
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger to ship April 29