or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Even more disapointing TS news

Even more disapointing TS news - Page 4

post #121 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg
The Motorola G5 was NEVER ready. What if Apple's IBM relationship has taken a turn down the same road? What if the reason IBM won't deliver a dual-core CPU to Apple is that it's not worth the investment because the Apple's volumes are too tiny?

If this relationship has tanked like moto's did, Apple's remaining options are slim indeed. Fab their own? (huge investment, 2 year latency, not really Apple's strength). And AMD is not an option IMO.
post #122 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by the cool gut
I don't buy that at all. All of Apple's evidence has already been gathered over YEARS. And since Nick claims to have such high journalistic standards, I find it doubtful he would want to do that.

That's why I wrapped it like I did.
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #123 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Hiro
Unless something is glactically and catastrophically wrong in IBM land over the last month or two, the 970MP (2.8Ghz, same source--Morpheus) should be available now in the necessary shippable quantities should Apple want to use them.

I like this view, so I will believe it. Thank you for the optimism.
just waiting to be included in one of Apple's target markets.
Don't get me wrong, I like the flat panel iMac, actually own an iMac, and I like the Mac mini, but...........
just waiting to be included in one of Apple's target markets.
Don't get me wrong, I like the flat panel iMac, actually own an iMac, and I like the Mac mini, but...........
post #124 of 241
Quote:
I remember similar platitudes from when we were all waiting for Motorola's mythical 8400 G5. The Register even had articles on Moto's new G5 beast, that was supposedly going to be on Hypertransport muthaboard and would have a fast on-die memory controller.

The Motorola G5 was NEVER ready. What if Apple's IBM relationship has taken a turn down the same road? What if the reason IBM won't deliver a dual-core CPU to Apple is that it's not worth the investment because the Apple's volumes are too tiny?

This is why I hope TS's reputation craters with the release of new Powermacs.

Bingo. Mac Sales total around a million for the quarter. Sales of PS3, Xbox 360, and Revolution will be about 40 million per quarter. They may be cheaper chips, but IBM will still end up making about ten times more on video game chips. IBM probably found out what motorolla did: with only one user, making consumer desktop PowerPCs isn't cost effective. It's not like IBM is a charity for Apple or us, They're in business to make money.
post #125 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Programmer
Keep in mind that the Operton and Pentium 4 are far larger than the 970, and die area is the leading factor in pricing. Even bumping the 970's cache to 1 MB will keep it much smaller than the single core version of Intel's core, nevermind the dual core version. The is part of the reason that those chips are faster in most benchmarks -- they throw more transistors at the problem. At 66 million transistors the 970FX is a comparative lightweight, and even a dual core version with more cache ought to be reasonably priced ... especially in light of recent reports that IBM has gotten the yield problems well under control.

As for IBM's dual core expertise, please keep in mind that it is on chips for big servers with expensive cooling systems, high prices component, and relatively low clock rates! The issues with these machines are going to be keeping them cool and cheap at reasonable noise levels, and much of that will fall to Apple.

Keep in mind that volume also factors into pricing.
post #126 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by BenRoethig

Yes, and AMD doesn't expect huge volumes right away so their prices are sky-high, whereas Intel is expecting greater volumes so their prices are lower. As for Apple & IBM, this is why I would expect Apple to go all MP in the PowerMac line when the chip is available instead of having a mix.

As observed earlier (or was it elsewhere?) the PowerMac has substantial margins, and that gives Apple plenty of room to hide the price of the MP chips.
Providing grist for the rumour mill since 2001.
Providing grist for the rumour mill since 2001.
post #127 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Programmer
Yes, and AMD doesn't expect huge volumes right away so their prices are sky-high, whereas Intel is expecting greater volumes so their prices are lower. As for Apple & IBM, this is why I would expect Apple to go all MP in the PowerMac line when the chip is available instead of having a mix.

It would be interesting to have them extend that to the iMac line. There is great marketing value in having a consumer based dual-core system. However, it may also take sales away from the low-end PowerMac. But, sales are sales.
post #128 of 241
Why Apple is releasing a ho-hum PM update
(if rumors are correct)

Reason #23

To offload existing inventory. If the update were killer the price drops to move existing inventory would drop below the 25% profit line. With a 200Mhz bump and no other improvements, price drops could be as low as a couple hundred bucks. Once the backlog is flushed Apple rolls out the MP which it has had locked up in the storeroom all along.
post #129 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave J
(if rumors are correct)

Reason #23

To offload existing inventory. If the update were killer the price drops to move existing inventory would drop below the 25% profit line. With a 200Mhz bump and no other improvements, price drops could be as low as a couple hundred bucks. Once the backlog is flushed Apple rolls out the MP which it has had locked up in the storeroom all along.

Yet with the disgraceful updates, PM sales are likely to fall even further.
post #130 of 241
Dave J, your #23 should really be #1. Inventory is absolutely key. From what we hear, there are stacks of PMs out there. Apple's usual approach is to call them "refurbs" and sell them thru the Special Deals page, but there's a limit to the number of machines they can move that way.
post #131 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by cubist
Dave J, your #23 should really be #1. Inventory is absolutely key. From what we hear, there are stacks of PMs out there. Apple's usual approach is to call them "refurbs" and sell them thru the Special Deals page, but there's a limit to the number of machines they can move that way.

That's not actually a fact, but I am the one that came up with that theory, but I only suspected that was what they were doing. I had no proof.
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
post #132 of 241
Quote:

It still doesn't address why all those PowerMacs are sitting their in the first place. They'd end up with an even bigger stack.
post #133 of 241
I can't understand how the inventory of Powermacs could get out of hand.
post #134 of 241
I havn't seen anyone with info that inventory is really out of hand, Apple usually shoots for about 5-weeks inventory throughout the channel. They want that down to nearly zero weeks when they do an update. So they may not be manufacturing many more standard config boxes, but those that are in the channel already are moving slowly because most folks want more oomph than is currently available at the current cost. Relative to what they would like in the channel before an update it is high, relative to steady state they would seem fine.

Apple has held off launches before because they wanted to sell down. But they usually have some decent bundle deals when they are trying to do that, especially in the edu store. They don't seem to be having any of those specials now. That might be an indication there aren't any immediate plans to announce anything PM-wise, or Apple is willing to eat the pricing difference on remaining inventory if they do.
post #135 of 241
Quote:
(if rumors are correct)

Reason #23

I'm going to disagree with you, from a business point of view. Wouldn't it be better to get the dual core machines out ASAP to boost sales and revenue? Dual core Power Macs could justify a little price premium too, for a period of time.

The inventory problem, if there is one, wouldn't be difficult to handled. Continue to sell them along with the dual core G5s, the way Apple continued to sell the G4 Power Mac after the G5 introduction. With a price cut, plus a little premium on the dual cores, the difference would be more substantial. With this strategy, the old stock may begin to move faster than it does today.
post #136 of 241
So we're all in agreement then? Apple should have just went to intel ;-) Somedays i really wish they had, because at least then there would never been anything about the mac being slower. And in fact it would always be "faster, slicker" because of the os on same hardware that somebody had windows on......

Quote:
post #137 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by webmail
So we're all in agreement then? Apple should have just went to intel ;-) Somedays i really wish they had, because at least then there would never been anything about the mac being slower. And in fact it would always be "faster, slicker" because of the os on same hardware that somebody had windows on......

OMG you should be taken outside ...beaten senselessly and then fed 10lbs of haggis

Intel, in my opinion, has been a very poor performer.

Itanium- Dud
P4- Netburt architecture imploded in less than 4 years
P4 D- worst DC design EVAR!! Won't improve at 65nm either.
LCoS- Bailed

I'm more impressed with AMD but then again AMD is basically what we have with the G5. Your PC buddies are filling your head garbage man.

My next PC is AMD. I'm tired of Intel.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #138 of 241
While I think that the inventory story has merit, let's not forget that Apple are selling more units now than when they started the deal with IBM, so they're buying more chips ... I think the inventory angle has been been skewed slightly in Apple's favour of late.
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
post #139 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by hmurchison
and then fed 10lbs of haggis

Now this is simply uncalled-for cruelty! Shame on thee!
post #140 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by g::masta
While I think that the inventory story has merit, let's not forget that Apple are selling more units now than when they started the deal with IBM, so they're buying more chips ... I think the inventory angle has been been skewed slightly in Apple's favour of late.

While iMac G5 sales have skyrocketed, PowerMac sales are have almost halved since since the G5's first quarter. Sales are worse than even the dark days of the PMG4. That either means that while Apple has become more desireable in the consumer market, it has become les desirable in the pro market, or because of the lackluster updates, nobody seems compelled to upgrade their machines. Either way this is bad for Apple.
post #141 of 241
Quote:
That either means that while Apple has become more desireable in the consumer market, it has become les desirable in the pro market, or because of the lackluster updates, nobody seems compelled to upgrade their machines.

There are many reasons why professionals would find the G5 Power Mac inadequate. One of those, I think, is the small value of the ratio ( internal expandability ) / ( case volume ) of the Power Mac, perhaps the smallest out there for this kind of machine.
post #142 of 241
Quote:
While iMac G5 sales have skyrocketed, PowerMac sales are have almost halved since since the G5's first quarter. Sales are worse than even the dark days of the PMG4. That either means that while Apple has become more desireable in the consumer market, it has become les desirable in the pro market, or because of the lackluster updates, nobody seems compelled to upgrade their machines. Either way this is bad for Apple.

For the success of the iMac and iPod + iTMS, i'm afraid the "cutting edge" aspect of Apple has been compromised to some degree. However, i'm pretty sure Apple will do something about it. 8)
post #143 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
There are many reasons why professionals would find the G5 Power Mac inadequate. One of those, I think, is the small value of the ratio ( internal expandability ) / ( case volume ) of the Power Mac, perhaps the smallest out there for this kind of machine.

List:
1. Only 3 PCI-X slots.
2. Only 3 USB Ports. Comparable PCs have 6.
3. No Professional Graphics. Consumer card drivers are poor and lack features.
4. Only a Single Optical drive slot.
5. Only two hard drive slots

When it comes right down to it, Apple tried to fit a dual processor workstation in a box the about size of a single processor ATX case. Apple had to make compromises as a result. Apple should have made a SP PowerMac G5 with an ample supply of expansion slots and a second Optical/ Hard drive bay and a six inch deeper DP xStation G5. However, Apple (As usual) choose to go with the aesthetic route over the practical one.
post #144 of 241
Quote:
...and then fed 10lbs of haggis :.

Ahh, Haggis - The reason the Scots invented Whisky - Eating it without a few drams in you is cruel and unusual punishment
The Mad Kiwi Winemaker
The Mad Kiwi Winemaker
post #145 of 241
Quote:
List:
1. Only 3 PCI-X slots.
5. Only two hard drive slots.

I think 1 and 2 are not really that important. The 3 slots and ports included now are just fine. But the lack of external and internal drive bays are major misfeatures of the G5 case that prevent Power Mac buyers from buying.

Professional graphics cards could open up the 3D graphics market to Apple, but that would be a 2-pronged problem: good drivers for the cards and good applications be it ports or new both need to be there to enter the market. That's a tough problem.

Lastly, I think price plays a very important factor. The G5 prices 1.5 years ago was great. The price now isn't. It should have been pushed down into the $1500 to $2500 range, all duals at 1.8, 2.1 and 2.5 GHz, last January. But Apple is a margin hungry corporation. You'd think they would run the numbers and find out that either keeping the prices the same and selling less units or lowering the prices and selling more units would both turn out to be about the same in revenue or profit. The scary thought is that they did, and they know they won't be selling more units.
post #146 of 241
Quote:
1. Only 3 PCI-X slots.
5. Only two hard drive slots

1. Stuff like modems,Airport cards, Bluetooth don't take up a PCI slot so you can actually "use" the 3 slots for vertical market cards. PCs typically have 5 or 6 slots but if you don't have a well integrated motherboard you're filling a few slots with the basics.

2. Comparable PCs are home based. Workstations don't use many USB devices. Unless dongles count<wink>
3. The Mac drivers on these cards support more features than their windows counterparts.
4. Never really understood the hype about dual optical drives. One very fast one seems preferrable.
5. Would love to see 3 drive bays myself but external drives seem to be more flexible for Pros who are managing multiple projects.

A Powermac isn't a Dell Dimension folks. They're aimed at folks that will toss in a $2000 cards or run external RAID. Folks that I see just beat and hammer on their Powermacs day in and day out and they survive and thrive.

I hang out like a fly on the wall and listen to these guys and gals talk. They love their Macs and they don't obsess about what the windows PC has. They design a system around the way "they" work and get to being productive.

Then I come to AI where it's obvious that a majority of us don't make our living with our computer so we have the time to sit and obsess over specs and missing drive bays. It's really comical.

sites where Pros hang out do not resemble AI folks. These people are billing by the hour and they don't fall for every little marketing spiel they receive. Sorry
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #147 of 241
Quote:
Bingo. Mac Sales total around a million for the quarter. Sales of PS3, Xbox 360, and Revolution will be about 40 million per quarter. They may be cheaper chips, but IBM will still end up making about ten times more on video game chips. IBM probably found out what motorolla did: with only one user, making consumer desktop PowerPCs isn't cost effective. It's not like IBM is a charity for Apple or us, They're in business to make money.

I think they will be cheaper chips, the Cell, Xenon et al, not maybe. These chips are going into game boxes in the $200 to $400 range. 970fx CPUs go into Macs currently no cheaper than $1100. So, IBM could be making 5x to 10x the money per 970 CPU than they would with the game box CPUs. Not sure that as a business, I would give that up.

It could even be that IBM will lose money early with every Cell, 212 sq mm chip at 50 to 100 USD per chip, compared to a 970mp, ~160 sq mm chip at $200 to $500 USD per chip. IBM is likely counting on some healthy 65 nm Cell, Xenon, "Revolution" chips sales to recover the investment cost at 90 nm.

Also, lets not forget that for every G5 Mac sold, IBM has at least 2 chips sold, the 970 CPU and the system ASIC. For the duals that's 3 chips sold, all likely at a profit. Tough for corporation to give up healthy margins.
post #148 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by THT
I think they will be cheaper chips, the Cell, Xenon et al, not maybe. These chips are going into game boxes in the $200 to $400 range. 970fx CPUs go into Macs currently no cheaper than $1100. ... Also, lets not forget that for every G5 Mac sold, IBM has at least 2 chips sold, the 970 CPU and the system ASIC. For the duals that's 3 chips sold, all likely at a profit. Tough for corporation to give up healthy margins.

I don't think all the chips are $1100, because Apple's selling G5 iMacs for less than that in the refurb store. My guess is they're more like $400 for the CPU and ASIC together. For a dual, $800 or so. Of the million machines per quarter that Apple is selling, fewer than half of them are 970s.

And what about IBM's costs? A fab costs billions of dollars to build, and you can only make so many millions of chips in it per month. Research ties up fab capabilities that could be making sellable chips, and you can bet Microsoft is paying a premium for the first big batch of xbox processors. There's no excess fab capability looking for work - IBM has to juggle all the paying customers.
post #149 of 241
Quote:
I don't think all the chips are $1100, because Apple's selling G5 iMacs for less than that in the refurb store. My guess is they're more like $400 for the CPU and ASIC together. For a dual, $800 or so. Of the million machines per quarter that Apple is selling, fewer than half of them are 970s.

And what about IBM's costs? A fab costs billions of dollars to build, and you can only make so many millions of chips in it per month. Research ties up fab capabilities that could be making sellable chips, and you can bet Microsoft is paying a premium for the first big batch of xbox processors. There's no excess fab capability looking for work - IBM has to juggle all the paying customers.

I think he meant that the 970's are going into machines that list for no less than $1100, not that the chips themselves command that premium.
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
post #150 of 241
Quote:
1. Stuff like modems,Airport cards, Bluetooth don't take up a PCI slot so you can actually "use" the 3 slots for vertical market cards. PCs typically have 5 or 6 slots but if you don't have a well integrated motherboard you're filling a few slots with the basics.

High end graphics card: 2 slots
Revolution 7.1 Card: 1 Slot
TV Tuner card: 1 Slot (Hopefully Apple improves compatibility and offers a DVR iApp in the near future)
Delta 44 audio interface: 1 slot
Total: 5 slots

I could buy a seperate machine for music and home purposes, but unlike some I don't exactly have money growing off of trees here.

Quote:
3. The Mac drivers on these cards support more features than their windows counterparts.

I've seen the Forceware and Catalyst drivers on the windows side. They are better written and have more features. ATI's Mac drivers aren't that bad, but the Nvidia drivers are a joke.

Quote:
4. Never really understood the hype about dual optical drives. One very fast one seems preferrable.

Try copying a home DVD or a CD you made without a second read only drive. It's a pain.

Quote:
A Powermac isn't a Dell Dimension folks. They're aimed at folks that will toss in a $2000 cards or run external RAID. Folks that I see just beat and hammer on their Powermacs day in and day out and they survive and thrive.
[/B]

It's the closest thing we have. Why don't all we home and prosumer users just leave the platform to leave it to the purity of the graphics and publishing professionals. Of course we make up 60% of sales and most of Apple's profits, but that isn't important is it? Now that I think of it, about 30% of the PowerMac sales go to gamers, so you can throw those out too. I'm sick of the 'if you need more than Apple gives you, you're not worthy of the platform' attitude.
post #151 of 241
Ben that's really not my point.

In many ways I do agree with you all. It certainly wouldn't hurt for Apple to add another drive bay or optical bay.

I don't think we need the ego boosting inlation of specs that some larger PCs have. But Apple would do good to offer a wee bit more expandability.

I think that most(meaning %80) of mac consumers can get by with 4 PCI based slots whether they be PCI-X/PCI-Express or standard PCI.

You can fill your slots up easily but I think that people tend to have this neurotic desire to stuff everything in the box. I hate internal audio audio cards. Who cares if you have 24/96 if you have a bunch of buzzing and static in your line?

Hell I'd rather have the optical and other removable media seperated from the body of the computer and linked over a high speed digital interface. Then the body could be as ugly and plain as it wants to be whilst I have a nice compact desktop unit. Someday I'm going to model this with a 3D app.
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #152 of 241
Quote:
I remember similar platitudes from when we were all waiting for Motorola's mythical 8400 G5. . .

The Motorola G5 was NEVER ready. What if Apple's IBM relationship has taken a turn down the same road? What if the reason IBM won't deliver a dual-core CPU to Apple is that it's not worth the investment because the Apple's volumes are too tiny? . . .

So much worry here about IBM losing interest in Apple's dual core chip, as business picks up for game console CPUs. (Not just you junkyard.) While IBM can't put as many resources behind the 970 family now, as Apple is not IBM's only customer, nonetheless the dual core 970 has high priority IMHO.

IBM has been very active with x86 servers too, but this is to keep in front of the pack in the server market. Beneath it all, IBM is working to build up the Power and Power PC line of servers. IBM want to dominate that market with its own chips, not those of Intel and AMD. IBM will support these other chip makers as long as it's to IBM's advantage, by giving customers a choice.

The dual core 970 should play a key role in IBM's own blade servers. On top of that, it is a key chip for getting the message out that Power PC is the best, or at least one of the best. IBM has stated its goal publicly -- Power everywhere.
post #153 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
So much worry here about IBM losing interest in Apple's dual core chip, as business picks up for game console CPUs. (Not just you junkyard.) While IBM can't put as many resources behind the 970 family now, as Apple is not IBM's only customer, nonetheless the dual core 970 has high priority IMHO.

IBM has been very active with x86 servers too, but this is to keep in front of the pack in the server market. Beneath it all, IBM is working to build up the Power and Power PC line of servers. IBM want to dominate that market with its own chips, not those of Intel and AMD. IBM will support these other chip makers as long as it's to IBM's advantage, by giving customers a choice.

The dual core 970 should play a key role in IBM's own blade servers. On top of that, it is a key chip for getting the message out that Power PC is the best, or at least one of the best. IBM has stated its goal publicly -- Power everywhere.

At least that was the case two years ago. Sometimes things don't takeoff like you want them to. I'd be very interested to see the sales numbers for both the JS20 and HS20 blades.
post #154 of 241
Quote:
I remember similar platitudes from when we were all waiting for Motorola's mythical 8400 G5. The Register even had articles on Moto's new G5 beast, that was supposedly going to be on Hypertransport muthaboard and would have a fast on-die memory controller.

This is why I hope TS's reputation craters with the release of new Powermacs.

I'm sorry, but there's just no comparison. During the time in question, Moto's semiconductor unit was hemorraging money along with many other lines of business. As I recall their only profitable business unit was their cell phone division. If I recall correctly, a new CEO came in also. I'm not sure about that last one though. In any case, it was well publicised that all future processor projects were cancelled, and only existing designs would continue to be manufactured until they figured out what to do with the division. It was insane, R&D spending was out of control and their fabs had developed a horrible reputation in the industry. So basically they were designing chips that they didn't know how to manufacture. Rumors of new chip designs from Moto didn't turn up until the unit was spun off and Freescale was formed. Moto basically put the unit on hold until it figured out what to do with it.

That's why the Moto G5 got killed. It had nothing to do with Apple. Heck Moto is still making all the G4s for Apple.

On the other hand we have IBM. Their semiconductor division is highly profitable, and they've consistently announced that Fishkill is open for business to whomever needed processors. I don't think a matter of volume is the problem. Apple's tied to the G5 now. If it weren't currently worth it to IBM then they would just jack up the unit price, not kill the line. And don't forget, IBM has invested R&D dollars into the 970. They will seek to recoup that no matter what. I think Apple's safe with IBM.

This waiting sucks I need a new PowerMac, but won't get one without PCI Express. I keep my Macs for several years and don't want to get left behind with AGP. Luckily I'm in a position to wait. But just because we're all going crazy because of the wait, this doesn't mean we have to drum up crazy theories about why the update (which we still know nothing about) is taking so long.
post #155 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Arty50
This waiting sucks I need a new PowerMac, but won't get one without PCI Express.

Agree. Blackmagic's MultiBridge is only available in 4 pipe PCI-e. Connect to a Mac? Sure if you buy an extra cost adaptor.
post #156 of 241
Hopefully the U4 Nothbridge is being designed as we speak..err write.
post #157 of 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Arty50
IHeck Moto is still making all the G4s for Apple.

If Apple had any other options, the PowerPC 7447 wouldn't be used anymore. Believe me, Apple isn't happy to be stuck with things like a 167mhz SDR bus and 4x AGP. The 970 is too power hungry, so Apple really have a choice. Freescale isn't making custom designs for Apple anymore. If it won't help their embedded market, they won't make it.
post #158 of 241
Quote:
Agree. Blackmagic's MultiBridge is only available in 4 pipe PCI-e. Connect to a Mac? Sure if you buy an extra cost adaptor.

I'm pretty happy to see Blackmagic getting into PCI-E early. I but you dollars to donuts that next NAB will be a coming out party for PCI Express and video products.

I heard the guys from AJA kind of postulate that some changes would need to happen to make some functions realtime. That sounds like they mean a good PCI-E implementation.
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #159 of 241
Quote:
I'm pretty happy to see Blackmagic getting into PCI-E early. I but you dollars to donuts that next NAB will be a coming out party for PCI Express and video products.

Read somewhere that PCI-e is actually cheaper to accommodate than PCI-x.
post #160 of 241
Quote:
Read somewhere that PCI-e is actually cheaper to accommodate than PCI-x.

It should be. The cost/complexity of parallels signals comes from running all those tiny and individual traces around the motherboard. Replace that with a wicked fast serial pipeline and your electrical engineers actually get to go home early
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Even more disapointing TS news