or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Tiger Shipment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tiger Shipment - Page 2

post #41 of 93
Thanks .
post #42 of 93
Well 5:00pm here on the east coast and my copy of Tiger has not been shipped yet........hmmmmmmm. I really wish it was on its way.
post #43 of 93
Same here. STILL on preparing shipment. It's crazy, ordered on the day of announcement, come on Apple.
"I'll either make this world a better place or bring it to its ruin. Destiny will determine that"
Reply
"I'll either make this world a better place or bring it to its ruin. Destiny will determine that"
Reply
post #44 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by RageX
Same here. STILL on preparing shipment. It's crazy, ordered on the day of announcement, come on Apple.

mine's sitting down the road from me in the sorting office - it's shipping next day delivery so fingers crossed for 10:30 moro!
post #45 of 93
Quote:
Same here. STILL on preparing shipment. It's crazy, ordered on the day of announcement, come on Apple.


I'm in south western CT....your in NYC....must be a NY metro area thing??
post #46 of 93
I got an email this morning saying tiger has shipped at 11pm last nite. was here this morning at 10am. I had 2 day shipping, but it only took 11 hours.
Tiger is nice.....
post #47 of 93
I'm in South Western Virginia, ordered Tiger the day it was announced and now at 8:45pm my order still says Preparing Shipment with 2 Day shipping. I'm getting a little frustrated. I can't be waiting around all day tomorrow to sign for a package. It'd be nice to have an idea of when it will arrive.
post #48 of 93
What the...?!?!

Just checked the FedEx tracking and it says it's in California? I ordered from the Apple Canada store!!
post #49 of 93
it looks like they've charged my credit card but have yet to update my order status or send me a tracking number
post #50 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by FireDancer
Well 5:00pm here on the east coast and my copy of Tiger has not been shipped yet........hmmmmmmm. I really wish it was on its way.

Same here. I purchased the education version. Did anyone else?
post #51 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave K.
Same here. I purchased the education version. Did anyone else?

My edu copy shipped Wed. at 11.00 eastern from Tenn....and odd enough...IT IS STILL IN TN...and it has been like 22 hrs!!!!
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
post #52 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave K.
Same here. I purchased the education version. Did anyone else?

I purchased with Edu discount as well.
post #53 of 93
I gave Apple CS a ring, and the person I talked to was very confident I would still be receiving my order tomorrow. We'll see.
"I'll either make this world a better place or bring it to its ruin. Destiny will determine that"
Reply
"I'll either make this world a better place or bring it to its ruin. Destiny will determine that"
Reply
post #54 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
My edu copy shipped Wed. at 11.00 eastern from Tenn....and odd enough...IT IS STILL IN TN...and it has been like 22 hrs!!!!

I ordered mine friday the 22nd (I think), and it shipped Wednesday from Cordova TN. It took untill about 4:00pm today for it to go to the Memphis sort facility and leave it. Nothing has been updated since then and I dont think it will be untill tommorow. The problem is, if it were to go via air, (I live in Illinois), it would have to go via Indy first, then to me, in which I don't think it would arive on friday, unless they get it out at the last minute to be delived late afternoon/evening. The other senario is for it to be shipped Memphis directly to me (fedex regional center where daily shipments go out) or via truck, which, to go from memphis to me, assuming no stops, it around 6 hours. This is deffinatly do-able to them to get it to me. As far as your edu copy being stuck in TN...it might either be listed has having left TN or it will have shipped after I post this. Its deff. likely for you to get it tommorow (Friday)
post #55 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by icfireball
I ordered mine friday the 22nd (I think), and it shipped Wednesday from Cordova TN. It took untill about 4:00pm today for it to go to the Memphis sort facility and leave it. Nothing has been updated since then and I dont think it will be untill tommorow. The problem is, if it were to go via air, (I live in Illinois), it would have to go via Indy first

Acctualy, my MAc Mini went from Alaska sort right to LAF - Lafayette Indiana - My town with no stop at Chicago or indy. So you may be surprised...I will be waiting for it at about 9:00 AM, that is when the FEDEX truck is usualy in the 'hood.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
post #56 of 93
My order status has finally changed to shipped so I guess I don't need to worry, though I haven't received a tracking number, nor am I able to see from where it was shipped or what shipping method. I have received the email with the information about the special online Tiger event. I guess I'll get to cloning my boot drive now.

[edit]
Update as of 4:30 AM (I rarely sleep):
Fed Ex is shipping my Tiger from Middletown, Pennsylvania. It apparently got picked up at 6:07 pm 4/28. It isn't scheduled to arrive until 4:30 pm, Monday \ . I'll remain optimistic for the day, but after that I'm going to be sad.
post #57 of 93
Anybody in the UK had Tiger ship from Amazon?

Kind of worried we'll catch the fallout from the Amazon PowerMac premature specification.

Update 03 May

I ordered the Family pack on 25 Apr and was pleased to see and expected delivery date of 28-29 Apr.

On Saturday (30 Apr) nothing arrives so I checked the order status - still expected to deliver 28-29 Apr but the Family Pack now lists a 1-2 week delay.

eMailed Amazon and got a drone-agramme back telling me they have only just received their stocks.

Not the end of the world but disapointing that they couldn't get their expected delivery dates in the right ballpark.

If I'd have known I'd have popped up to the new Birmingham Apple Store...

Hmmm Curious - UK Apple Store is down.... (13:14 BST)
post #58 of 93
Thread Starter 
According to TNT my order should be arriving any time now... Post your questions etc. or requests for screenshots as I promised! The online seminar is also available but requires QuickTime 7 - so I can't watch while I wait. .Mac has been just updated for Tiger.
post #59 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by DefJef
My order status has finally changed to shipped so I guess I don't need to worry, though I haven't received a tracking number, nor am I able to see from where it was shipped or what shipping method. I have received the email with the information about the special online Tiger event. I guess I'll get to cloning my boot drive now.

[edit]
Update as of 4:30 AM (I rarely sleep):
Fed Ex is shipping my Tiger from Middletown, Pennsylvania. It apparently got picked up at 6:07 pm 4/28. It isn't scheduled to arrive until 4:30 pm, Monday \ . I'll remain optimistic for the day, but after that I'm going to be sad.

Exactly same thing here. I will be very disappointed if I don't get Tiger today. I wanted the weekend to install and use it. There was no excuse for why it took so long to ship.
post #60 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by DefJef
I purchased with Edu discount as well.

Yeah, me too. When I first bought it (the day it was announced), the Apple site said something about being delivered on the 28th (early, which I thought was strange), then later it said shipped by the 28th (which I thought was fine for overnight shipping). Now it is shipped, but FedEx says delivery on the 2nd. Tracking has it in a town a few hours away, so who knows, but if I don't get it sometime today, I am going to be rather disappointed. I just got a notification from the university that the computer store on campus will have special hours tonight, and I could've just gotten the software there.
post #61 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by pmjoe
Yeah, me too. When I first bought it (the day it was announced), the Apple site said something about being delivered on the 28th (early, which I thought was strange), then later it said shipped by the 28th (which I thought was fine for overnight shipping). Now it is shipped, but FedEx says delivery on the 2nd. Tracking has it in a town a few hours away, so who knows, but if I don't get it sometime today, I am going to be rather disappointed. I just got a notification from the university that the computer store on campus will have special hours tonight, and I could've just gotten the software there.

I was thinking of buying a full retail copy at the Apple store in my area and just taking back the education version when it comes on Monday.
post #62 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by DefJef
My order status has finally changed to shipped so I guess I don't need to worry, though I haven't received a tracking number, nor am I able to see from where it was shipped or what shipping method. I have received the email with the information about the special online Tiger event. I guess I'll get to cloning my boot drive now.

[edit]
Update as of 4:30 AM (I rarely sleep):
Fed Ex is shipping my Tiger from Middletown, Pennsylvania. It apparently got picked up at 6:07 pm 4/28. It isn't scheduled to arrive until 4:30 pm, Monday \ . I'll remain optimistic for the day, but after that I'm going to be sad.

Same here DefJam. Checked this morning and finally shipped, but delivery by May 2nd? Wtf happened to their promise of pre-ordered by the 26th, delivery by friday? Incredibly disappointed here. \
"I'll either make this world a better place or bring it to its ruin. Destiny will determine that"
Reply
"I'll either make this world a better place or bring it to its ruin. Destiny will determine that"
Reply
post #63 of 93
just wondering, has anyone here ordered tiger using the up-to-date program?
i did, and as of right now, its still on "preparing shipment". it would have been nice to have it today so i can install and mess with this this weekend.
oh well, i guess for $9.95, i shouldnt complain.
17" Intel iMac w/1.5GB Ram
15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz w/1.5GB Ram
Reply
17" Intel iMac w/1.5GB Ram
15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz w/1.5GB Ram
Reply
post #64 of 93
actually, mine still says "processing order", not "preparing shipment".
i dont know why i thought it said preparing shipment. its supposed to ship out today, hopefully it does.
17" Intel iMac w/1.5GB Ram
15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz w/1.5GB Ram
Reply
17" Intel iMac w/1.5GB Ram
15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz w/1.5GB Ram
Reply
post #65 of 93
Thread Starter 
Mine was in the depot last night and stated next day delivery but still hasn't arrived - it's 14:30 and there never normally this late. It looks like I'll be getting it Tuesday as well. Unless I can persuade them to send it tomorrow.
post #66 of 93
Thread Starter 
I've Got It

After pleading with TNT they sent it to me today!
post #67 of 93
Well, Mine is "on the truck" lets hope I don't "Fall off the wagon" before it gets here...
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
post #68 of 93
Well the FedEx lady just told me FedEx will probably hold my package unti lMonday since it was sent 2nd day. Unfortunately, it was picked up in PA yesterday at 6PM and hasn't shown up anywhere since (it's 11:30am the next day).

Thinking of going to get a copy at the Apple store tonight and returning this copy when it comes.
post #69 of 93
FireDancer,

Maybe you can even just refuse the Fedex package on Monday, which will save you on shipping it back.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
Reply
post #70 of 93
FedEx just delivered mine.
post #71 of 93
Thread Starter 
It's so fast! Wow - just putting on my stuff.
post #72 of 93
I managed to pick up a copy this evening, from PC World of all places!!! It's all installed and appears to be working OK. Of course, I wasn't paying attention, and ended up doing the default upgrade, rather than archive & install . So does anyone know if I could just run the installer again, and select archive & install this time?
post #73 of 93
WOHOO GOT IT and after I finish this project - it is upgrade time!!!

W00t
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
Reply
post #74 of 93
Thread Starter 
Mail problems as well - BACKUP!
post #75 of 93
All of you folks with a Radeon 9600 or better, or nVidia 5200 go or better, don't forget to turn on Quartz 2-D Extreme. The following is copied from John Siracusa's fantastic Tiger review on Ars Technica:





Right click this link to download, unzip and run the Quartz Debug application at

http://www.johnnylundy.com/Quartz%20Debug.zip

Choose "Enable Quartz 2-D Extreme" from the menu and leave Quartz Debug open. RE-LAUNCH all apps that you want to take advantage of it.

I will put this post in a sticky at the top of Mac OS.
--Johnny
Reply
--Johnny
Reply
post #76 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by lundy
Choose "Enable Quartz 2-D Extreme" from the menu and leave Quartz Debug open. RE-LAUNCH all apps that you want to take advantage of it.

So I need to have this running whenever I want Quartz 2D Extreme? That's a pain .
post #77 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by digitaldave
So I need to have this running whenever I want Quartz 2D Extreme? That's a pain .

I don't think it's been perfected yet so Apple have it turned off - they'll probably enable it later on.
post #78 of 93
Quote:
Originally posted by digitaldave
...anyone know if I could just run the installer again, and select archive & install this time?

Don't worry, I re-raan as an archive & install over the original upgrade install, all seems to be working fine .
post #79 of 93
Western Australia, failed to receive the OS as promised by apple.au
post #80 of 93
well, mine shipped, thats the good part.
it shipped via USPS, is that really the "bestway"? i would have paid more for shipment through UPS or FedEX.
no tracking number provided, but again, i guess i shouldnt expect much for $9.95.
17" Intel iMac w/1.5GB Ram
15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz w/1.5GB Ram
Reply
17" Intel iMac w/1.5GB Ram
15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz w/1.5GB Ram
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Tiger Shipment